Male HQ

First Time Sauna Experience + Virgin sauna visit + What to expect when visiting gay sauna (compiled)

Guest New_to_here

On 12/15/2021 at 9:41 AM, Guest Guest First Time at TMC said:

Hi,

I went to TMC last night and finally got my first fuck! I have never been fucked before and the experience was strange and surreal. I met a decent looking guy at the maze and we just started to tease each other a bit. He then brought me into a room, and frankly I had no idea what to expect. 

He whispered to me whether I’m top or bottom and after a while, I just replied bottom. I felt his tool though his towel and it was hard, so I removed the towel to give him a suck. He pulled me to the mattress and laid back while I sat on him to grind our dicks against each other. He was obviously enjoying it and tried to push his dick into me in that position. 

I wasn’t comfortable with that and asked him to put on a condom. He didn’t have any and I was prepared to just suck him off. But he said he would go take the condom and lube and came back shortly. 

this time round he was prepared but I wasn’t. We ground against each other again before he asked me to put the condom on for him. At this point, it was pitched dark because he didn’t turn on the lights and I fumbled trying to find his dick. Eventually I found it and poised myself to sit on his dick but failed a few times. That was when he asked me to use the lube. Silly me forgot about it completely. So after smearing the lube on his dick head and my own hole, i repositioned myself again. He entered slowly at first but suddenly pushed his dick in. I almost blacked out with the sudden jab and friction against my hole. 

The top started slow but occasionally jammed his dick all the way. He flipped me to lie on my front and re-entered me from behind. I can tell he’s experienced from all his actions. For me, it was a mixed feeling of pain and I don’t know what. I wanted to stop from the pain but didn’t want to be a killjoy to him. His dick is big and I was basically yelping in pain throughout the process. He might have been more turned out because he looped his arms around my neck and licked my neck and ears as I clenched both fists. I must admit what he did was really hot and I loved the intimacy - the moaning into my ears and licking and holding both my hands in his on and off. I don’t know if he knew I was really in pain or not but he did make me feel better through these actions. 

He was bigger size than me and I kinda like him laying on my back and we were perspiring lots as he ground into me for a good 30 to 45 mins without changing positions. He pushed his legs to part my legs or close them up presumably to heighten his sensations. Essentially, I was lying there like a rag doll screaming away, with no energy to do anything else. He continued like this until he cummed but I didn’t know he actually did until he pulled out of me and stood up to remove the condom filled with his cum. He didn’t suddenly quicken his pace or told me he was cumming, otherwise I might clench my muscles more to give him a better orgasm.

I don’t know if I bled or not but everytime he pushed all the way in, I yelped in pain. This is the part where I couldn’t describe the feeling. It wasn’t a good feeling because I felt as if my insides were pushed to the limit/up my diaphragm and wanted to pee because he was banging hard against my prostate. In fact, a few times I wondered if I was going to cum and if that’s the only or real feeling of anal sex because I was kind of expecting a more intense sensation. I think he’s a good top because he was hard all the way and lasted so long. Maybe if I was a seasoned bottom, I would know how to enjoy it more. 

I wanted to kiss him to thank or hug him for my first time but he was in a hurry to go wash up because we were soaking wet. I wanted to remember him for being the one who popped my cherry but guess he will never know. Even as I’m typing this, I’m having a throbbing headache and my ass is still sore and bruised from the sex and I don’t know if I would ever do it again or not (because I didn’t get the climax I was expecting 😂). 

if you are the top and are reading this, I just want to thank you for the experience. 

well, after he left, it took me a while to recover and pick myself up to go washed up. I headed back to the maze and gave a blowjob to a muscled tone hunky young guy in one of the rooms. He loved his nipples squeezed and was making soft moaning sounds when I sucked him at the same time. After a while, he suddenly turned away from me, opened the door and walked off without saying a word. I thought I did something wrong because it was too abrupt.  I went to wash up again and saw him come out of the showers, got dressed and left. Maybe he’s the kind who would rather not come into someone’s mouth. 

I went back to the maze and had the last session with a young chub. Actually there was initially 3 of us - the young chub, another blond haired guy and me, when we went into 1 of the rooms. The blond haired guy had a big tool while the chub had a smaller one. We were all teasing each other’s nipples and dicks and after I moved around to spoon them respectively, the blond haired guy left, presumably it wasn’t the action he was hoping for. I like the young chub because he was cute and we kissed for a long time while I rubbed his dick with my free hand. On several occasions, I cupped his face in my hands to kiss him and rubbed our noses together. I sucked him for a long time until he decided to cum, and I took his dick in my mouth when he did but spat out his cum on the toilet paper. We ended with me hugging and kissing him for a final round at the lockers and again, I thanked him for the enjoyable time. 

I went to TMC without any expectations and experienced my first anal sex. I will likely be back again because I enjoy the freedom, unlike the nervousness of cruising in public toilets, of being able to walk around amongst our own kind without any fear. I guess as long as we are opened about it, we would be able to find someone to have sex with. 

The carnality of it sounds really hot!

On 12/30/2021 at 1:56 AM, Guest Guest First Time in TMC said:

It was as new and shiok to a newcomer like me as it can get.

It is thrilling and exciting, simply cos you are new to it all.

Keep visiting very frequently and the level of enjoyment will diminish.

Don't get me wrong. It is still good, but less likely to be at the initial level.

Possibly another factor is that you are new to the place, therefore you are fresh meat.

Keep going often enough and people will "know" you, and you won't be fresh anymore.

Fresh meat will generally take precedence over old faces.

So enjoy, make the most of it, and keep safe.

3 monthly checks would be sensible.

On 12/30/2021 at 6:57 PM, And then said:

It is thrilling and exciting, simply cos you are new to it all.

Keep visiting very frequently and the level of enjoyment will diminish.

Don't get me wrong. It is still good, but less likely to be at the initial level.

Possibly another factor is that you are new to the place, therefore you are fresh meat.

Keep going often enough and people will "know" you, and you won't be fresh anymore.

Fresh meat will generally take precedence over old faces.

So enjoy, make the most of it, and keep safe.

3 monthly checks would be sensible.

Interesting comment and agree. It just like young will get old so make the most of it while you are enjoying yourself.

Guest Guest First Time in TMC

Thanks bros for all your kind advice and comments! I will bear your words of wisdom and encouragement in mind.

I might have said it too early that yesterday might be the last time I go to TMC for this year because I had time today and went again. I did have more self control today than the days before. The crowd was building up pretty fast when I was there but there was only one whom I really fancied and would really like to suck or be fucked by him. We chatted for a while but sadly he preferred someone else. Actually I would have been satiated and left if we did it. 

So instead I found consolation in sucking 2 others, till they cummed in my mouth, who actually wanted to fuck me but I rejected their requests. I’m not going to say anything about tomorrow for now. 

May I wish all the bros here a very happy new year! Love you all. 😘

On 12/28/2021 at 7:13 PM, Guest Guest First Time in TMC said:

Thanks for the advice. You are absolutely right because I was just there. 😅

Problem is I’m not dating anyone, I’m avoiding work and home problems etc, and this is the current avenue for me to destress. I will try harder not to come so often in the new year. 

If the first one who fucked me for half an hour is a power drill, the one who fucked me today is also another power drill and they could be the same person. He had a big dick so I learnt from my lesson to slap on lots of lube on my hole. He fucked me in a few positions but it was the last / same face down position that got him to cum and left me completely shacked out. He had a similar hand loop around my neck and held onto my palms but this time he also pulled my hair back, which got me to arch my back backwards. He pumped me hard and I don’t know what he did (maybe he turned every now and then?), but everytime he did that, I felt an intense sensation, clenched my fists, yelped and shuddered. It was a really strange feeling, not completely pleasurable but more intense than the first fuck. Could this be it? A few times I almost cummed if he didn’t stop. 

Hopefully I can control my mind better after a few more tries and not get addicted in the new year. Wish me luck. 

Hot experience. I actually enjoyed reading this tbh haha! Good read! 😆

On 12/29/2021 at 10:56 PM, Guest Guest First Time in TMC said:

On the other hand, I was complimented on a few occasions at TMC including today that I suck really well and I do genuinely love a dick in my mouth before I was ever fucked. But I am oddly very aware and worried from Guest Asmptomatic’s post on 5/12/2021 (I think the original post was deleted) that I’m at a huge risk of contracting STIs from the multiple partners I played with in this short span of 2 weeks.

I wonder if most newcomers to the saunas go through this cycle like me? From a lot of initial apprehension and reluctance to visit saunas to actually visiting one and couldn’t stop for a while (from a goody two shoes to a slut) before slowing down when the novelty wears off, like one of them said earlier. 

How frequently should I visit the doctor for a STI screening if I continue to explore actively? If I can control myself, today would be the last time in this year that I visit TMC. I’m actually feeling quite conflicted (liberated yet ashamed too for enjoying such carnal pleasures) that I visited 7 times in 18 days (more than once in less than 3 days on average). I also wonder if anyone progressed from this to having a regular sex buddy outside of the saunas?

Yes, I myself went through the phase of hesitation to complete comfort and now I head there maybe once every 2-3 weeks or so, sometimes taking a long hiatus when I get tired of the saunas. Enjoy yourself while you're there but don't wear out the experience too quickly.

I encourage you to do a full screening every 6 months and probably get on PrEP.

I've gotten regular sex buddies from TMC by exchanging contacts before. 

• 3 weeks later...

As a newcomer to the sauna scene and first going to TMC on 14 Dec 21, and putting up several posts to share my experiences up till 29 Dec, I am here to share my current thoughts etc with the hope that someone else new to this may benefit from it somehow. Don’t expect any saucy details so this post may be boring to some but hopefully useful to others. 

I keep a log of how many guys fucked me and I sucked not because I want to brag about it but rather to note the risks I’m putting myself through. It serves as a constant reminder to myself not to overdo it/overindulge myself. I was fucked 13 times and sucked to cum in my mouth more than 14 guys (excluding those who didn’t cum) during this period. But since the new year I have been cutting down the fuck sessions because of my fear of contracting HIV and stopped allowing people to suck me. I don’t initiate anal sex, have consciously been rejecting a number who wanted to fuck me raw or even fuck me (if they are not my type) to reduce the risk of exposure and the best way to avoid this is not to go into a room with them. 

From the log, I have been visiting 9 times in 18 days in the new year and I think it’s too frequent. I linger more along the corridors in the dark maze, hugging people, playing with their nipples and dicks (if they allow) until they cum. Kissing is involved if we click. I usually spend 1-2 hrs when I’m there. So in a way, I don’t get as much action as before but I am just happy doing this for now. 

I managed to book an appointment at the DSC clinic for a STI screening next week and to enquire about taking PrEP, for some peace of mind. I agree with some other posts that it’s a sensitive topic and members rarely talk about contracting STIs through visiting saunas. I will update here whether I contracted any in this short span of one month I was there where I visited 20 times in total. 

Wish me luck and lots of health, happiness and fun to all bros in this new year. 

On 1/19/2022 at 8:23 AM, Guest Guest First Time in TMC said:

As a newcomer to the sauna scene and first going to TMC on 14 Dec 21, and putting up several posts to share my experiences up till 29 Dec, I am here to share my current thoughts etc with the hope that someone else new to this may benefit from it somehow. Don’t expect any saucy details so this post may be boring to some but hopefully useful to others. 

I keep a log of how many guys fucked me and I sucked not because I want to brag about it but rather to note the risks I’m putting myself through. It serves as a constant reminder to myself not to overdo it/overindulge myself. I was fucked 13 times and sucked to cum in my mouth more than 14 guys (excluding those who didn’t cum) during this period. But since the new year I have been cutting down the fuck sessions because of my fear of contracting HIV and stopped allowing people to suck me. I don’t initiate anal sex, have consciously been rejecting a number who wanted to fuck me raw or even fuck me (if they are not my type) to reduce the risk of exposure and the best way to avoid this is not to go into a room with them. 

From the log, I have been visiting 9 times in 18 days in the new year and I think it’s too frequent. I linger more along the corridors in the dark maze, hugging people, playing with their nipples and dicks (if they allow) until they cum. Kissing is involved if we click. I usually spend 1-2 hrs when I’m there. So in a way, I don’t get as much action as before but I am just happy doing this for now. 

I managed to book an appointment at the DSC clinic for a STI screening next week and to enquire about taking PrEP, for some peace of mind. I agree with some other posts that it’s a sensitive topic and members rarely talk about contracting STIs through visiting saunas. I will update here whether I contracted any in this short span of one month I was there where I visited 20 times in total. 

Wish me luck and lots of health, happiness and fun to all bros in this new year. 

i am really keen to know your update. thanks for writing your experience, esp about what DSC has to say about PrEP.

Did u anal raw with any of them? 

On 1/19/2022 at 8:37 AM, MidAge said:

Did u anal raw with any of them? 

On 1/19/2022 at 8:31 AM, mith said:

i am really keen to know your update. thanks for writing your experience, esp about what DSC has to say about PrEP.

No, I didn’t do any raw anal sex and don’t intend to because I know the risk increases tremendously. I’m not prepared to sacrifice my life/so much over random stranger sex. 

I don’t know if I can afford PrEP monthly (read it’s $400+) but understand there are alternative sources of supply which are cheaper. I’m also worried about the side effects of taking this so I just want to have some professional opinion on protection, health and safety before making a decision. 

Thanks bros for showing concern. 😘

Guest uncle from sg
On 1/19/2022 at 8:51 AM, Guest Guest First Time in TMC said:

No, I didn’t do any raw anal sex and don’t intend to because I know the risk increases tremendously. I’m not prepared to sacrifice my life/so much over random stranger sex. 

I don’t know if I can afford PrEP monthly (read it’s $400+) but understand there are alternative sources of supply which are cheaper. I’m also worried about the side effects of taking this so I just want to have some professional opinion on protection, health and safety before making a decision. 

i m applause with your decision ! keep us update and your sharing -

lust is a mischievous act of life -   to be or not to be !

keep safe with care

On 1/19/2022 at 8:51 AM, Guest Guest First Time in TMC said:

Bro keep us updated. Thanks for sharing

Being fairly new to the scene, I also wish to seek some advice on this. Wish to connect with you if you can PM me or add me on tele

So I finally went for my DSC appointment for STI screening. It was a short wait before I got to see a male nurse who was friendly and made me felt comfortable sharing. Anyway he advised that the window period for some STIs take longer to manifest and recommended that I go for a selected few only since it wouldn’t be able to detect those with longer incubation periods. His recommendation was to go for STI screening quarterly if I’m sexually active. 

Since I enquired about taking PrEP, I had to wait a longer while before the doctor saw me. He looked frustrated with me when he asked why I started to venture into random anal sex after not doing it for so long. I replied I was stressed during the initial stage and started experimenting. When I asked about PrEP, he told me that there’s now a resistant strain of HIV against PrEP and asked what I intend to do moving forward. I replied I don’t have an answer right now and have to wait for the results of the STIs which he recommended me to take a month later. He kind of softened and told me that safe sex is not totally risk free because condoms can break. In addition, whilst PrEP provides added protection, it is not entirely foolproof because of the resistant strain of HIV virus. He ended by saying hopefully I will change my mind next month and decide that such risks i.e. anal sex, are not worth taking and drop the thought of taking PrEP too and go back to my former goody two shoes self. Essentially I understand that all these are personal choices that one has to make and weigh the risks before deciding on any course of action. 

The only test he recommended was Hep C which I took in the end. The results of the test would be shared with me at my next visit. Whilst the DSC visit was pretty fuss free, I don’t want to visit this place if I have a choice. 

Guest Oh dear
On 1/27/2022 at 9:42 PM, Guest Guest First Time in TMC said:

So I finally went for my DSC appointment for STI screening. It was a short wait before I got to see a male nurse who was friendly and made me felt comfortable sharing. Anyway he advised that the window period for some STIs take longer to manifest and recommended that I go for a selected few only since it wouldn’t be able to detect those with longer incubation periods. His recommendation was to go for STI screening quarterly if I’m sexually active. 

Since I enquired about taking PrEP, I had to wait a longer while before the doctor saw me. He looked frustrated with me when he asked why I started to venture into random anal sex after not doing it for so long. I replied I was stressed during the initial stage and started experimenting. When I asked about PrEP, he told me that there’s now a resistant strain of HIV against PrEP and asked what I intend to do moving forward. I replied I don’t have an answer right now and have to wait for the results of the STIs which he recommended me to take a month later. He kind of softened and told me that safe sex is not totally risk free because condoms can break. In addition, whilst PrEP provides added protection, it is not entirely foolproof because of the resistant strain of HIV virus. He ended by saying hopefully I will change my mind next month and decide that such risks i.e. anal sex, are not worth taking and drop the thought of taking PrEP too and go back to my former goody two shoes self. Essentially I understand that all these are personal choices that one has to make and weigh the risks before deciding on any course of action. 

The only test he recommended was Hep C which I took in the end. The results of the test would be shared with me at my next visit. Whilst the DSC visit was pretty fuss free, I don’t want to visit this place if I have a choice. 

He does not sound like a great doctor - advising celibacy as the way to avoid STDs is pretty much useless advice to someone who is obviously sexually active! 

I don’t understand why he didn’t tell you that the best way forward for you is to use condoms for anal sex and have regular STI screening on top? Prep can be an add-on if you are concerned about breakage but is not a replacement for condoms. 

On 1/28/2022 at 2:27 PM, Guest Oh dear said:

He does not sound like a great doctor - advising celibacy as the way to avoid STDs is pretty much useless advice to someone who is obviously sexually active! 

I don’t understand why he didn’t tell you that the best way forward for you is to use condoms for anal sex and have regular STI screening on top? Prep can be an add-on if you are concerned about breakage but is not a replacement for condoms. 

Agree.

What kind of shit doctor is that? And working at DSC?

On 1/28/2022 at 5:45 PM, And then said:

Agree.

What kind of shit doctor is that? And working at DSC?

On 1/28/2022 at 11:27 AM, Guest Oh dear said:

I didn’t know my posts were shifted here. 

My apologies if I made the doctor seemed homophobic or discriminatory etc. I guess he’s heterosexual and wouldn’t understand gays? I also think he was trying to appeal to my sense of logic that the least risk means not taking such unnecessary risks in the first place. 😆 i do get the other party to use condoms, so that much he knows. And he did encourage 3 months regular screening if I’m sexually active. 

When I was stumped and he was waiting for an answer from me and I blurted out that if PrEP is not effective then I wouldn’t take it, he immediately stopped me and told me not to get him wrong. He clarified that PrEP is an added protection on top of condoms but it’s not 100% fail safe and effective to a certain extent only due to the new PrEP resistant strain. Again I took it that he was trying to show concern, discourage me and abstain from random anal sex, which I do appreciate. The fact that he softened his stance towards the end is an indication to me that he wasn’t being judgmental but was merely using tough love and trying to drive some sense into me like how a father tries to talk to the son. 

😄

On 1/28/2022 at 12:42 AM, Guest Guest First Time in TMC said:

A few points to note.

Just because you may still be in the incubation period for HIV is not a reason to omit a screening test.

Incubation may be up to 3 months, but often can be as little as 1 week.

To ask someone to come back in a month to do a test is to miss an opportunity. Because very often, that person just does not come back.

Seriously, Hep C would be the last test I would recommend. Unless you are a IV drug user.

A doctor who makes you feel like you do not want to visit again is doing something wrong. The aim should be that you feel welcomed, non judged, treated with professionalism, and encouraged to go for regular screening.

Too much judgement from the doctor is what I get from reading your description.

Guest Move forward with a FwB

Instead of casual sex at the saunas, you might want to consider getting a regular buddy / fwb. Both to minimise the risks of the STDs, and also to give you that certain stability in life moving forward. You seem to be an intelligent chap, and so now having had some experience with sex and experimentation, you can move onto the next stage. Good luck!

Guest youngbird

Reading your posts make me recall my personal journey when I first started out. It's a passing stage for every newbie. You will grow tried of it someday when you realise that the money and time can be better well-spent. Don't worry. 

Just want to share my learnings over the years of experimenting "accidentally" when my small head took over. Hope the old birds with more experience can chip in if my understanding is wrong.

These are the phases I went through in order:

1. Slut
  2. Worried
  3. Education
  4. Learn from the Practitioners
  5. Manage sexual heath

Slut 

Pride as someone who can think logically and high disciplined ended up doing raw a few times when my small head took over. The stress experienced waiting for the window period of 3 weeks to be over so that I can get tested is no joke. That's the ultimate deterrent to keep my small head in check. 

Worried

Used to go DSC for full testing every quarter until the kind nurse told me every 6 months will do if you are active.

Education

Read up on STDs the internet but confused. Too vague, don't understand. 

I learnt more from the nurses, counselors, volunteers and sharing from the members here but than from docs. First of all, Most male docs are not gays, they won't understand. They are posted to DSC for a short term. They have not seen enough cases compared to the old staff there.

Most of the advice given by the docs are too theoretical.

Learn from the Practitioners

Out of all these STDs (Syphilis, Gonorrhoea, Chlamydia and Herpes), I finally got 3 of out the 4 not from saunas but from one to one ONS. I got them from the most inspecting people to my surprise. 

How do I know it's them? It's because the symptoms appear within the first 4 days after exposure for my case. I roughly know who to trace back to if I do not have multiple partners within the same period. Yes, I did inform them to go for testing.

Hence, the risk is the same whoever you meet. Let me ask you. How do you know I'm not a frequent sauna slut if I meet you outside sauna? Got it?

It's not so frightening after experiencing STDs yourself. More of having inconvenience but the fear of passing to your dates is real if you happen to be seeing someone new.

I used to faster go for full testing every time I come across someone potential but the whole process from booking an appt to receiving the results can easily take a month. Will my new date wait for a month to have sex with me? I don't think so. You know, I know << Advice needed.

Manage sexual heath

Although I don't have high sex drive, I can't avoid ONS totally just because I scare of contracting STDs. 

For Syphilis, the most destructive stage of Syphilis is the Tertiary stage. If untreated, the tertiary stage may begin as early as 1 year after infection. Hence, you have to test for Syphilis once a year. For the rest, wait for symptoms to show. 

Above advice is a good eg. of what I called practical and actionable. It's from someone in the field but not a doc. 

Personal Strategy

I feel that protected anal sex is the safest activity among all. Lower risk than unprotected oral sex. Agreed?

If I have to do unprotected oral sex, I rather be the one sucking as I know myself whether I have ulcers or not. Can't trust a stranger when he is thinking with his small head.

I'm not sure if French kissing will pass STDs. << Advice needed.

As for Prep, it's not necessary if you are always wearing condoms. Why waste the money, time and risk damaging your liver in the long run?

Docs will say it's an added protection in case the condom breaks. How many of you have broken condoms from your years of fucking? Take PEP with 72 hours if it did. So what's the problem here? Not discrediting docs here. They have the responsibilities to educate us with options but we need think for ourselves whether it's an overkilled solution?

I only need to practise safe sex, not safest sex and I don't want to stress up myself over it. Make sense?  

On 1/29/2022 at 3:32 PM, Guest youngbird said:

Reading your posts make me recall my personal journey when I first started out. It's a passing stage for every newbie. You will grow tried of it someday when you realise that the money and time can be better well-spent. Don't worry. 

Just want to share my learnings over the years of experimenting "accidentally" when my small head took over. Hope the old birds with more experience can chip in if my understanding is wrong.

1. Slut
  2. Worried
  3. Education
  5. Manage sexual heath

Slut 

Pride as someone who can think logically and high disciplined ended up doing raw a few times when my small head took over. The stress experienced waiting for the window period of 3 weeks to be over so that I can get tested is no joke. That's the ultimate deterrent to keep my small head in check. 

Worried

Used to go DSC for full testing every quarter until the kind nurse told me every 6 months will do if you are active.

Education

I learnt more from the nurses, counselors, volunteers and sharing from the members here but than from docs. First of all, Most male docs are not gays, they won't understand. They are posted to DSC for a short term. They have not seen enough cases compared to the old staff there.

Out of all these STDs (Syphilis, Gonorrhoea, Chlamydia and Herpes), I finally got 3 of out the 4 not from saunas but from one to one ONS. I got them from the most inspecting people to my surprise. 

How do I know it's them? It's because the symptoms appear within the first 4 days after exposure for my case. I roughly know who to trace back to if I do not have multiple partners within the same period. Yes, I did inform them to go for testing.

Hence, the risk is the same whoever you meet. Let me ask you. How do you know I'm not a frequent sauna slut if I meet you outside sauna? Got it?

It's not so frightening after experiencing STDs yourself. More of having inconvenience but the fear of passing to your dates is real if you happen to be seeing someone new.

I used to faster go for full testing every time I come across someone potential but the whole process from booking an appt to receiving the results can easily take a month. Will my new date wait for a month to have sex with me? I don't think so. You know, I know << Advice needed.

Manage sexual heath

Although I don't have high sex drive, I can't avoid ONS totally just because I scare of contracting STDs. 

For Syphilis, the most destructive stage of Syphilis is the Tertiary stage. If untreated, the tertiary stage may begin as early as 1 year after infection. Hence, you have to test for Syphilis once a year. For the rest, wait for symptoms to show. 

Above advice is a good eg. of what I called practical and actionable. It's from someone in the field but not a doc. 

Personal Strategy

I feel that protected anal sex is the safest activity among all. Lower risk than unprotected oral sex. Agreed?

If I have to do unprotected oral sex, I rather be the one sucking as I know myself whether I have ulcers or not. Can't trust a stranger when he is thinking with his small head.

As for Prep, it's not necessary if you are always wearing condoms. Why waste the money, time and risk damaging your liver in the long run?

Docs will say it's an added protection in case the condom breaks. How many of you have broken condoms from your years of fucking? Take PEP with 72 hours if it did. So what's the problem here? Not discrediting docs here. They have the responsibilities to educate us with options but we need think for ourselves whether it's an overkilled solution?

I only need to practise safe sex, not safest sex and I don't want to stress up myself over it. Make sense?  

Dear bro,

I really appreciate your sharing because it’s clear, non-judgmental and real, based on your own personal experience. Yes, I am going through exactly what you described and faced the same fears and concerns. Getting the 3 STIs from ONS partners is not surprising despite what they claimed (that they are clean). And yes, I do hope to find a regular sex / fuck buddy so that I don’t need to go to the saunas, even though it’s fun and exciting. 

Thank you very much for spending so much time to type out the responses to share with the community. I hope other newbies will also learn much from this valuable post. 👍🏻😄 

On 1/29/2022 at 4:47 PM, Guest Guest First Time in TMC said:

Dear bro,

I really appreciate your sharing because it’s clear, non-judgmental and real, based on your own personal experience. Yes, I am going through exactly what you described and faced the same fears and concerns. Getting the 3 STIs from ONS partners is not surprising despite what they claimed (that they are clean). And yes, I do hope to find a regular sex / fuck buddy so that I don’t need to go to the saunas, even though it’s fun and exciting. 

Thank you very much for spending so much time to type out the responses to share with the community. I hope other newbies will also learn much from this valuable post. 👍🏻😄 

hello! sorry to hear that your DSC experience is daunting. I actually feel that the DSC staff environment can be nerve-wrecking too when I went there 2 times. If you just want to take STD/HIV test, I suggest going for the AFA anoymous test (and at the same location too! but limited timings) because the AFA staff are all LGBT volunteers. Having a chat and talk with AFA volunteers I think may be better for you.

https://afa.org.sg/whatwedo/support/ats/

I'm not so well-read on PreP but the doctor is trying to tell you all possibile risk even with Prep on if there truly is a resistant strain exist, then he is just trying to tell you that PreP is still not a magic force-field, you still have to be mentally careful how you engage sex. 

Edited by aedirn

Guest random feedback

So, I feel the nurses at DSC do a better job than the doctors there.

They are more down-to-earth, have more hands-on experience (doing blood test etc), and probably understands the concerns of the patients more than the doctors?

It seems the only reason the doctors are there, is to prescribe medication when needed.

Gosh, I remember my first visit there, the doctor didn't even know how Prep worked, and had to read off a brochure - I ended up getting a prescription from another clinic instead, and now only go to DSC for the routine checks and blood test. 

On 12/29/2021 at 11:22 PM, Guest Guest First Time in TMC said:

Frankly I have never been to the gym room or rooftop. I feel very awkward walking past the places e.g. movie room, and am very conscious that some eyes are on me. 

Now I am ok to give bjs and not receive one. I think there are quite a number who wants to fuck, but not all are my type. I got to be more selective from now on so that I don’t let anyone who wants to fuck me fuck me to reduce the incidences of getting STIs. 

I realized some do carry the condom and lube along and for those who wanted to fuck me and didn’t, I made them go retrieve it while I waited in the room. 

Surprisingly or not. It is usually those who are appealing to u that will pass STDs to u. Becos they have more fun than others. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/29/2022 at 12:35 PM, And then said:

A few points to note.

Just because you may still be in the incubation period for HIV is not a reason to omit a screening test.

Incubation may be up to 3 months, but often can be as little as 1 week.

To ask someone to come back in a month to do a test is to miss an opportunity. Because very often, that person just does not come back.

Seriously, Hep C would be the last test I would recommend. Unless you are a IV drug user.

A doctor who makes you feel like you do not want to visit again is doing something wrong. The aim should be that you feel welcomed, non judged, treated with professionalism, and encouraged to go for regular screening.

Too much judgement from the doctor is what I get from reading your description.

Ok, my test results showed I am clear of all STIs but incredulously I have Hep C. 

It’s crazy because I’m not an IV drug user and I have never done fisting (question asked by doctor). So I have to follow up with hospital specialist checks now. And strangely I do owe it to the doctor who insisted that I take this test and catch this early before it does more damage to my liver.

It’s really the least likely thing that I expected to catch. What a curveball?!

On 1/29/2022 at 3:32 PM, Guest youngbird said:

1. Slut
  2. Worried
  3. Education
  5. Manage sexual heath

Slut 

Worried

Education

Manage sexual heath

Personal Strategy

Totally agree.

Guest Dr Hep C
On 2/23/2022 at 9:32 AM, Guest Guest First Time in TMC said:

Ok, my test results showed I am clear of all STIs but incredulously I have Hep C. 

It’s crazy because I’m not an IV drug user and I have never done fisting (question asked by doctor). So I have to follow up with hospital specialist checks now. And strangely I do owe it to the doctor who insisted that I take this test and catch this early before it does more damage to my liver.

It’s really the least likely thing that I expected to catch. What a curveball?!

Sorry to hear that you tested positive to Hep C. Hep C can be easily treated with DAA (direct acting antiviral) drugs these days. The response rates are also much higher now when compared to the older treatment of interferon Alpha and ribavirin.

Unlike common believe, hep C can be transmitted by more than just through sharing needles with an infected person. The hep C virus is much more resilient compared to other viruses. It can remain 'alive' on inanimate objects for up to 14 days. You can contract the virus through blood transfusion (very rare these days as blood and blood products are screened), poor tattoo practices where they dont change the ink between patrons, some blood pooling practices (eg cupping if they dont sterilize their equipment between patrons) etc.

Hope I have provided you with some useful info. All the best for your treatment.

NP: just a word if advise, please dont use chinese remedy as some can worsen liver function. Get treated with one of the available DAAs.

On 2/23/2022 at 11:37 PM, Guest Dr Hep C said:

Sorry to hear that you tested positive to Hep C. Hep C can be easily treated with DAA (direct acting antiviral) drugs these days. The response rates are also much higher now when compared to the older treatment of interferon Alpha and ribavirin.

Unlike common believe, hep C can be transmitted by more than just through sharing needles with an infected person. The hep C virus is much more resilient compared to other viruses. It can remain 'alive' on inanimate objects for up to 14 days. You can contract the virus through blood transfusion (very rare these days as blood and blood products are screened), poor tattoo practices where they dont change the ink between patrons, some blood pooling practices (eg cupping if they dont sterilize their equipment between patrons) etc.

Hope I have provided you with some useful info. All the best for your treatment.

NP: just a word if advise, please dont use chinese remedy as some can worsen liver function. Get treated with one of the available DAAs.

Thanks Dr! You are a good doctor and your reply that it’s easily treated is very reassuring and did help to allay some of my fears and concerns.

Actually the DSC doctor didn’t say much to me. In fact, he seemed very stunned when he delivered the diagnosis to me. Either that, or he’s too jaded and felt I had gone too far and wasn’t worth giving advice. And I don’t know what questions to ask because I’m not familiar with this at all and he didn’t seem to want to elaborate further other than asking me twice if I did fisting.  He only told me he will arrange for me to follow up with the public hospitals, which is more equipped to handle this. The consultation seemed to last barely 5 mins, which left me distressed and confused with lots of questions. 

Even when I tried to read up online, there wasn’t much helpful information. The transmission seems related to contact with the blood of someone with Hep C. But it has to get into my bloodstream too right? How on earth did it happen, I wonder e.g. contact with open cuts in mouth or anus through oral or anal sex? And I read a recovered patient can be reinfected again. 

Should other sauna goers be concerned too since not many will test for Hep C? I only went to TMC for a month prior to the testing and I got infected. Other than MSM, I didn’t do anything that puts me in such a vulnerable position to be infected. Seriously, what are the odds?

Guest Dr Hep C
On 2/24/2022 at 8:20 AM, Guest Guest First Time in TMC said:

Thanks Dr! You are a good doctor and your reply that it’s easily treated is very reassuring and did help to allay some of my fears and concerns.

Actually the DSC doctor didn’t say much to me. In fact, he seemed very stunned when he delivered the diagnosis to me. Either that, or he’s too jaded and felt I had gone too far and wasn’t worth giving advice. And I don’t know what questions to ask because I’m not familiar with this at all and he didn’t seem to want to elaborate further other than asking me twice if I did fisting.  He only told me he will arrange for me to follow up with the public hospitals, which is more equipped to handle this. The consultation seemed to last barely 5 mins, which left me distressed and confused with lots of questions. 

Even when I tried to read up online, there wasn’t much helpful information. The transmission seems related to contact with the blood of someone with Hep C. But it has to get into my bloodstream too right? How on earth did it happen, I wonder e.g. contact with open cuts in mouth or anus through oral or anal sex? And I read a recovered patient can be reinfected again. 

Should other sauna goers be concerned too since not many will test for Hep C? I only went to TMC for a month prior to the testing and I got infected. Other than MSM, I didn’t do anything that puts me in such a vulnerable position to be infected. Seriously, what are the odds?

Why do you think you got Hep C from sex at a sauna? The HIV virus will die on exposure to air. So transmission is through bodily fluids directly into the blood stream or through cuts and tears in the oral or anal cavities. But the Hep C virus is a lot more resilient. It can survive up to 14 days outside of a body.

If you live with others at home, it is possible that you might have gotten it from using a shared razor or toothbrush of an infected (and untreated) person.

All I am suggesting is that there are other possibilities too. You cannot squarely blame your sauna partners unless you contact everyone to inform them of your hep C status.

On 2/24/2022 at 8:20 AM, Guest Guest First Time in TMC said:

You should request to talk to the counselor at DSC instead. They are more empathetic and experienced.

On 2/24/2022 at 9:52 PM, Guest help said:

You should request to talk to the counselor at DSC instead. They are more empathetic and experienced.

Thanks bro for the advice too. 

I will try to call them. Didn’t know they have this actually. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/24/2022 at 3:37 PM, Guest Dr Hep C said:

Why do you think you got Hep C from sex at a sauna? The HIV virus will die on exposure to air. So transmission is through bodily fluids directly into the blood stream or through cuts and tears in the oral or anal cavities. But the Hep C virus is a lot more resilient. It can survive up to 14 days outside of a body.

If you live with others at home, it is possible that you might have gotten it from using a shared razor or toothbrush of an infected (and untreated) person.

All I am suggesting is that there are other possibilities too. You cannot squarely blame your sauna partners unless you contact everyone to inform them of your hep C status.

Dr,

My appointment at the public hospital is in a few months time and I’m kind of worried to wait so long. Are there any other treatment recommendations? Do private hospitals treat this condition at an affordable price?

Thanks. 🙏🏻

• 2 months later...
Guest Guest Query

Do saunas still ask you for your personal particulars or IC at the door? I would like to go but I have some concerns about this..

On 6/5/2022 at 2:19 PM, Guest Guest Query said:

Do saunas still ask you for your personal particulars or IC at the door? I would like to go but I have some concerns about this..

I don’t think they ask for your ic unless you want to pay special price for certain age group, then you need to show your ID to prove your age. 

• 2 weeks later...

first few were steamworks in australia, then rairua and towel club. haha so long ago!

i still remember my first few visits to saunas. heart beating so fast, walking by the door then seeing nobody is observing me i would rush in!

and the excitement when i am at the lockers. in my mind i know i am there for anonymous cocks, and i should not be doing this, but i needed to get it out of my horny system. i would be so aroused at the thought that i would be rock hard when i strip. one time this guy just squeezed my shaft (and not even touching the cockhead) and i started oozing cum out. fasted trip to the sauna

and of course... the shame after i cum, the post orgasm clarity. i just want to wash the sperm off me, shower and leave asap.

nowdays its different. bravely walk in, and stay for repeated sessions and orgasms. and a few times i don't even make it to the dark rooms - just sucking cocks in the shower is good enough 😃

Edited by btmslut

On 6/16/2022 at 12:24 PM, btmslut said:

first few were steamworks in australia, then rairua and towel club. haha so long ago!

i still remember my first few visits to saunas. heart beating so fast, walking by the door then seeing nobody is observing me i would rush in!

and the excitement when i am at the lockers. in my mind i know i am there for anonymous cocks, and i should not be doing this, but i needed to get it out of my horny system. i would be so aroused at the thought that i would be rock hard when i strip. one time this guy just squeezed my shaft (and not even touching the cockhead) and i started oozing cum out. fasted trip to the sauna

and of course... the shame after i cum, the post orgasm clarity. i just want to wash the sperm off me, shower and leave asap.

nowdays its different. bravely walk in, and stay for repeated sessions and orgasms. and a few times i don't even make it to the dark rooms - just sucking cocks in the shower is good enough 😃

U have graduated n started to work. Congrats!

• 4 months later...

Thought I should provide an update here. This Dec would mark the first year of me going to saunas. From never going to saunas ever before to more than once a week has been an unforgettable experience. 

After a slew of tests at the hospital, I was diagnosed as not infected with Hep C. When I informed DSC clinic, they also found it incredulous and I do wonder whether there was another lapse somewhere in the testing. 

However, unsurprisingly I developed some growths around my anus about few months back and had an appointment at DSC to have my Gardasil 9 vaccination against strains that I have not been infected with and liquid nitrogen treatment for the anal warts. HPV is not curable but it is treatable. 

This whole journey has been unbelievable and surreal at times. Now that I have HPV, it also means I am a carrier and can potentially spread this to others. Most people online seems to have a cavalier attitude towards HPV because warts is not life threatening unless it develops into cancer. But sometimes I feel unclean and unworthy nowadays and wonder how many sexually active gays have gone through a similar journey. 

• G_M locked this topic
  • 6 months later...

I am 31 and guess what, I have never been to a gay sauna before. I have heard about it, walked past some of them, but have never had the urge to visit it until now. I guess it has come to the stage where I have to try and experience it. 

What should I expect when I get in for the first time? I think I would feel very nervous. What are the etiquettes? I also heard it's very dark inside and you have to take off almost every clothes inside once you are in. I am quite a shy guy and I don't have a good bod (i'm skinny type). I'm oso not experienced on sex (always jo myself only) and would think that a trip to sauna would help me in that sense and oso able to make some friends in the circle?

Can someone enlighten me on that?

I'm also inexperienced myself and was also nervous when I went myself twice, but well I just have to calm down. I'm also thin, though I don't think that matters. Entering the venue and registering is the first hurdle, but the atmosphere after that is relaxing actually. Minimally, you have to take off your clothes and wrap your bottom half in towel. Could be daunting but I just treat it like I'm like at a Spa or sports changing area anyways. At the main areas, I observed that it's mostly just people just walking around and wouldn't bother each other. I chilled at the hot jacuzzi pretty much most of the times, and nobody bothered me. So yeah, I guess that's the general etiquette where people don't disturb each other without asking.

Steam room is really steamy, be sure to put your spectacles away (if any) in the locker; else you won't be able to see a thing. Since steam room is a more enclosed and rather dim lighted room, there can be some touchy actions going on there. The dark "alley" is a place with rooms, where people would walk along and check each other out, although the lighting is dark but is actually not the absolute Dark Dark Maze. Depending on the theme of the Sauna that day and timing, you may have to take off everything or wear the theme's dresscode (typically swimwear/underwear if any) before you can enter. The etiquette would be to ask  a person whether he is interested. You can say sorry and reject, or accept. You can also say that you are inexperienced, and the person might take that into consideration. The private rooms are for people to do their stuffs. Some people can't help but to touch a person, the person should just push away the hand gently. Few people would break the etiquette by forcing, pushing, pulling, and that's where you need to be assertive. The Dark Maze is inside this Dark alley, where it seems like pretty much anything goes.

I myself didn't really go into any real action, but I think that's fine if I don't feel like it, it's my freedom, and I think that can apply to you as well. But I would definitely visit again when I am more free. I find that it's unlikely to make friends there unless you can initiate a normal, open, and comfortable conversation, because people are pretty silent there.

Guest In a Nutshell
2 hours ago, Guest vis said:

What should I expect when I get in for the first time? I think I would feel very nervous. What are the etiquettes?

Have you been eaten by a tiger or swallowed by a python when you visited a zoo?  It is the same answer you will give to a boy who wished to visit Zoo for the first time.   

There is no proper etiquettes to follow, follow your instinct like you did at the cruisy places.  The difference is, Sauna is opened for you to look a others ass and cocks at their willing.  Let me warn you though - try to curb your desire. for sex and for the first time but instead spend more time getting used to the ambience, the people and  the facilities.   After few more visits, you can then decide who you wanted to stalk, grab and have sex - the sky the limit - and experience addiction,  happy moment, HiV paranoia moment,  dissapointment moment, rejection moment to a point you felt the coastal roller ride may wear you out.  Some people remain "loyal" to those activities, others quit altogether or seek to rotate from saunas to saunas to find your niche target.    Within a short span of time, you will join BW threads to discuss about what's what and boast your experiences to young and old alike. 

7 hours ago, Guest vis said:

I am 31 and guess what, I have never been to a gay sauna before. I have heard about it, walked past some of them, but have never had the urge to visit it until now. I guess it has come to the stage where I have to try and experience it. 

What should I expect when I get in for the first time? I think I would feel very nervous. What are the etiquettes? I also heard it's very dark inside and you have to take off almost every clothes inside once you are in. I am quite a shy guy and I don't have a good bod (i'm skinny type). I'm oso not experienced on sex (always jo myself only) and would think that a trip to sauna would help me in that sense and oso able to make some friends in the circle?

I had never been in a gay sauna until I was around 50 y.o.  But I knew what to expect.  It is a place whose main attraction is to have sex with others, usually strangers.   Inside they are areas for people to hang out, with minimum or no clothes,  looking for someone attractive to hook up with.   The main etiquette is that no one should force himself onto anyone else, that all acts are consensual.  Another etiquette is to shower before engaging in any action.   After making contact, the two may go to a more secluded area like a room and have sex there.  But there is absolutely no obligation to do so!

At 31 you have been an adult for some time,  and hopefully you are not very vulnerable.  Many there find the skinny attractive, like me, so don't lose your self-esteem.  And since you are inexperienced,  make yourself a firm resolution that no one,  NOBODY,  will make you do something you don't want to do.  Don't bend your defenses to PLEASE anyone, or try to gain his good will,  nothing.  Only do what YOU want to do,  if he wants the same thing.  I would strongly recommend if you are inexperienced with sex,  not to do ANY anal sex.  Get experienced with other light sex acts, and it is even wise that you leave out oral sex. 

On the first times, aim to overcome your nervousness,  keep your mouth closed and breathe slowly through the nose.  We all have been inexperienced once, and emerged safe and sane...  if we take precautions and only have a minimum of experiences initially.

Guest Slut bottom
1 hour ago, Guest notworth said:

if time could turn back, i would rather go dating

I got anal warts which i need 20+ visits to std clinic

My top fucked me until condom break , i have to take prep for 30 days

My penis feel pain when urinating and realise I have chlamydia

You are a good example of what not to be when inside a suana. 

Guest Patrick
9 hours ago, Guest vis said:

eh dude, honestly i think more than 50% of gays in sg haven't been to sauna and dun intend to.

gay sauna is not exactly the best place to go to if you are inexperienced in sex. but if you really want to, just have no expectation and dun think of it as a must to have to do something sexual. perhaps just see see, observe and get a feel of it.

Guest 31 or 13
20 hours ago, Guest vis said:

Are u sure you are 31 , a grown up sane adult with education ?? if yes asking such in cyber space - ah hem 

21 hours ago, Guest vis said:

Probably better advised to gain some experience in sex outside of a sauna first before visiting a sauna. 

Book a budget hotel and date a guy if you don’t have your own space. 

Learn the basics of gay sex first and identify what works for you sexually.

Visiting the sauna at this stage may shape your sexual behaviour and expectations negatively.

I would recommend you to gain experience first before visiting any sauna.

It doesn’t matter if you’re 32 and visit the sauna for the first time.

1 hour ago, Guest 31 or 13 said:

Are u sure you are 31 , a grown up sane adult with education ?? if yes asking such in cyber space - ah hem 

Actually, there a lot of these very late bloomers here in Singapore. I encountered too many of them, also not sure why they always approach me on apps.

From my take it is probably a result of parents (mostly fathers) not talking about sex and failing to give their sons some basic sex education during their teens. Then there are also no channels on television giving the “kids” ( not talking about under aged here!) some ideas on such topics.

If I look at the prevalence of certain behaviours here in Singapore, then my view seems confirmed.

2 hours ago, Guest 31 or 13 said:

Huh, whats wrong with him asking? I dun see anything wrong at all. Not everyone visit gay sauna, its not something mainstream. These are valid questions and concerns for a first timer to gay saunas. What has this got to do as a sane adult with education?

Guest Guest
38 minutes ago, singalion said:

Actually, there a lot of these very late bloomers here in Singapore. I encountered too many of them, also not sure why they always approach me on apps.

From my take it is probably a result of parents (mostly fathers) not talking about sex and failing to give their sons some basic sex education during their teens. Then there are also no channels on television giving the “kids” ( not talking about under aged here!) some ideas on such topics.

If I look at the prevalence of certain behaviours here in Singapore, then my view seems confirmed.

You are being a smart alec and making a passing remark on singaporeans.

How old are you and what generation are you from?

What makes you think we dunno about sex during our teens?

And anyway we are talking about gay sex which no parent will talk about.

• G_M unlocked this topic
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.