Male HQ

Why Some Gays Don't Date Feminine Gays? Sissy Hatred And The Love Of Straight-Actors + Am I A Serious Homophobe Of Sissy Gays? (Compiled)

Guest Zaihan Kariyani

Do you mean "straight-acting" or masculine gays vs feminine gays? It's one of many forms of discrimination within the gay community, usually based on looks, race and behavior.

Here is one explanation by Chris Crocker, famous for "Leave Britney Alone" video - pardon the language.

http://youtu.be/HcJbEwwpIp8

Wow, when did he become so hot?

Do you mean "straight-acting" or masculine gays vs feminine gays? It's one of many forms of discrimination within the gay community, usually based on looks, race and behavior.

Discrimination or just purely preference ?

I guess we call it preference when we are looking for partner/rs.

But for other aspects of life we may call it discrimination.

And for some of us who are really discreet, maybe they just dont want their friends/families/colleagues to be suspicious if they see him hanging around with feminine gay.

My understanding is, because these AJs are looking for what they feel they lack of, i.e. masculine identity. They themselves hope to get that affirmation of masculinity through intimacy with men, they have no desire to be seen as feminine, in fact, they hate to be seen as feminine.

Therefore, they can only look for masculine guys, it is a psychological compensation.

My understanding is, because these AJs are looking for what they feel they lack of, i.e. masculine identity. They themselves hope to get that affirmation of masculinity through intimacy with men, they have no desire to be seen as feminine, in fact, they hate to be seen as feminine.

Therefore, they can only look for masculine guys, it is a psychological compensation.

Spot on.

Instagram: vodkabaker

It's a long shot, but I hope people would stop using the term "straight-acting" to refer to masculine behaviour. We are not necessarily "acting", and masculinity does not always have to correlate with heterosexuality.

To refer to one as a "straight gay" is even more offensive.

• 9 months later...

i know a lot of manly gay guys that like other manly gay guys because they feel the need to be protected and loved..when two manly gay guys get together, they feed off each other to feel like they are now being accepted by a masculine person. i wonder whats the mentality of masculine guy liking of feminine guy?

i know a lot of manly gay guys that like other manly gay guys because they feel the need to be protected and loved..when two manly gay guys get together, they feed off each other to feel like they are now being accepted by a masculine person. i wonder whats the mentality of masculine guy liking of feminine guy?

He likes to feel protective of others once in a while? That's a completely biased thought of mine cos for all I know, he could be bi?

Can such guys pls own up the ins and outs of your rarer passion? Thanks.

Gay gays tend to be more sensitive, vulnerable, bitchy and not easy to get along with - like some women - if they sense you to be not their target audience hence a competitor for sex.

He likes to feel protective of others once in a while? That's a completely biased thought of mine cos for all I know, he could be bi?

Can such guys pls own up the ins and outs of your rarer passion? Thanks.

no my theory is that this guys don't want to share the role of being masculine and dominant with someone else. they want to feel like they are in charge of protecting and taking care of someone weaker than them, so they like fem guys instead of masc guys (which actually may seem a turn off to them)

no my theory is that this guys don't want to share the role of being masculine and dominant with someone else. they want to feel like they are in charge of protecting and taking care of someone weaker than them, so they like fem guys instead of masc guys (which actually may seem a turn off to them)

He has more oftens in the fenale gender. Just saying

Not against but frighten.

Some if them are so loud with tgat come-screw-me-now face and body langyage everyone automatically know they are gay, and in return he will out the more discreet gays to prove he's not the only gay in the village.

Encountered one who is also active in the scene during ns, and other closeted gays in the unit are really afraid and wary of his loud CB mouth.

Bloody bitch!

Some *of them are so loud with *that come-screw-me-now face and body *language everyone automatically know they are gay, and in return he will out the more discreet gays to prove he's not the only gay in the village.

Encountered one who is also active in the scene during ns, and other closeted gays in the unit are really afraid and wary of his loud CB mouth.

Bloody bitch!

Typo corrected

Precisely. But if you're not super gay that kind, sometimes it is quite subjective. For example, I think my behaviour can sometimes be quite gay; however, most of my friends think I'm perfectly normal and can detect no gayness. They all wonder why I don't have a girlfriend. But then again in army many people think I'm gay (partly cos I use quite a lot of facial products).

Hmm i'm a pure bottom but i have a masculine behavior and no one around me thinks i'm gay, really don't think it's a choice though, whether or not to be feminine or masculine. Behaviors can be influenced i'm sure, esp among the people you mix around with. Either way, tops do find my masculinity an advantage especially since they like to remain discreet esp when going out in public

when you use "preference" to justify your choice of friends, it no longer become preference. its discrimination. its just like if you choose to contiously exclude malay and indians from your social circle, you can be considered racist.

What do you mean by against?

We all have our preferences as we look for our partners or friends, I think there's nothing wrong with that. It just so happen that it's a desirable trait currently in our society. You can't force people to be your friends, we all have our types.

being a more feminine gay guy I think I attracted more "real" straight guys than straight acting gay.

Straight acting gay guys scare me sometimes as they can be really mean towards feminine gay guys.

But I understand some people are more discreet and to be seen hanging out with feminine guy its just unacceptable by them.

If you are feminine gay guy, you audience is real straight dudes,not the straight acting gays..

i dont think gays are against feminine guys but since we are gay, we like men and more so manly men (i'd drop the term straight-gays, theres no such thing). Feminine guy behaves closer to females if i were to put it crudely... so i dont think thats attractive...i do have feminine gay friends too =)

Edited by KayJae

Guest kentoh22

i dont think gays are against feminine guys but since we are gay, we like men and more so manly men. Feminine guy behaves closer to females if i were to put it crudely... so i dont think thats attractive...i do have feminine gay friends too =)

Agree agree...

Man like manly man is more gay than man like feminine gay. :)

Feminine gays behave like shy virgin gals is more acceptable than loud gays behaving like 三姑六婆aunties.

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

never argue with the guests. let them bark all they want.

结缘不结

不解缘

After I have said what I wanna say, I don't care what you say.

看穿不说穿

Feminine gays behave like shy virgin gals is more acceptable than loud gays behaving like 三姑六婆aunties.

Sadly the 三姑六婆 type is more prominent as they are attention seeking and loud mouthed, and usually resort to that cos they look like crap outside. The shy virgin gals type are usually the good looking ones and they often fall prey to 三姑六婆 gays because they are often easier to bully and manipulate into having sex with them.

Imagine having sex with 大姨妈! Disgusting to the max!

Agree agree...

Man like manly man is more gay than man like feminine gay. :)

Man like man is just bird of a feather that goes together - fits like a glove. Man like feminine gay is closer to the heterosexist model, thus more socially acceptable to the judge mental prudes livibg in a well?

being a more feminine gay guy I think I attracted more "real" straight guys than straight acting gay.

Straight acting gay guys scare me sometimes as they can be really mean towards feminine gay guys.

But I understand some people are more discreet and to be seen hanging out with feminine guy its just unacceptable by them.

If you are feminine gay guy, you audience is real straight dudes,not the straight acting gays..

as a fem boy i agree with this. straight acting gay guys just like other guys, but really straight dudes dont like manliness at all. soh the audience for fem boys us likely to be straight or bicurious guys, not gays.

as a fem boy i agree with this. straight acting gay guys just like other guys, but really straight dudes dont like manliness at all. soh the audience for fem boys us likely to be straight or bicurious guys, not gays.

typo, is*

Then why are so many so-called bisexual guys btms?

Then why are so many so-called bisexual guys btms?

there are manly and fem guys among the straight/bi population. this is more than physical appearance, its also their inner disposition and preference. some of them want to try being the 'girl' during sex, to get fucked. that's it lor.

there are manly and fem guys among the straight/bi population. this is more than physical appearance, its also their inner disposition and preference. some of them want to try being the 'girl' during sex, to get fucked. that's it lor.

I infer you are refering to them getting their female partners to use a strap-on? No, but I'm talking about bisexual guys btming during gay ons.

I infer you are refering to them getting their female partners to use a strap-on? No, but I'm talking about bisexual guys btming during gay ons.

yea i was talking about during gay ons also - these men want to play the 'girl' role during sex because they are tired of playing the guy role already during normal sex.

yea i was talking about during gay ons also - these men want to play the 'girl' role during sex because they are tired of playing the guy role already during normal sex.

So are they truly bisexual?

Guest Definitive Answer to This

actually the argument is not whether people can be gay or straight or any shade in between, but their preferences for masculine or feminine as the topic suggests. i think most straight or bicurious guys prefer feminine, while most gay guys prefer masculine. bisexuals are a bit of a conundrum, but my experiences talking to them (and other stuff lol) suggest that they prefer feminine or rather submissive guys.

actually the argument is not whether people can be gay or straight or any shade in between, but their preferences for masculine or feminine as the topic suggests. i think most straight or bicurious guys prefer feminine, while most gay guys prefer masculine. bisexuals are a bit of a conundrum, but my experiences talking to them (and other stuff lol) suggest that they prefer feminine or rather submissive guys.

Ha but a hot musculine hunk I spoken to revealed most of his sexual encounters with married men involved them asking him to fuck their asses. And he was educating me about this weird fact!

• 5 months later...

Based on my experience...

most gays prefer dating "str8 acting"gays than feminine.

Cause it's very shamful to bring them out for dates and people will go judging and stuffs.

What are your view?

I'll give my two cents here.

Look at countries like Korea or Japan; where straight men follow Korean Beauty Standard, try to be slimmer, and follow visual kei fashion - or in India where being more feminine is considered slightly macho.

Historically (in Western culture), men did the hard work while women stayed at home and dressed up pretty for their husbands... this has overspilled into gender-equal modern culture where we see women still dressing up pretty while men don't give a fuck. During the 2000s eurofashion got metrosexualism trending in Europe and it's left it's impact: men moisturise, buy more clothes and pay more for haircuts... despite it being a traditionally female role many men care more about their appearance there. A large section of Europe sees this as progressive, especially the youth.

And classically, being feminine was associated with gay culture. India championed it's beauty standards across asia (Think Flower Boys, Japanese Shonen, etc...), Third Gender, and Androgynousity. It's nothing new.

• G_M changed the title to Why Some Gays Don't Date Feminine Gays? Sissy Hatred And The Love Of Straight-Actors + Am I A Serious Homophobe Of Sissy Gays? (Compiled)
  • Guest locked and locked this topic
  • G_M unlocked this topic
  • Guest locked and unlocked this topic
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.