Male HQ

Scuba Diving (Compiled)

Guest ah fat

yeah they will pair you up with someone else who is alone, or worse case scenario, paired with an instructor, dive master, assistant, whatever :)

?? y is it worst when paired with an instructor, dive master, assistant, whatever? wont it be gd if paired with them?

just finish my open water, and it is fun, planning to take advance next year, anyone keen ?

sure! i am keen!

I'm doing the Advanced this coming weekend but the organizer just moved it from Tioman to Abang, in the Riau archipelago. Anyone has ever dived there?

good that you go Riau side... at least less divers...:D

Love will never fails... :D

FYI, Deep Blue Scuba is holding an equipment sales TOMORROW with up to 50% discount.

https://www.facebook.com/events/389778397815622/?ref=2&ref_dashboard_filter=calendar

Oh yay, that's perfect! Amazing Dive is having their sales too, but on Saturday, and I'll be on a boat already haha. Will go take a look at Deep Blue tomorrow.

Guest ahwei12

@Enelym1978

Do you happen to be LOB on MV Nautica?

All divers FYI, Deep Blue Scuba is holding an equipment sales TOMORROW with up to 50% discount.

https://www.facebook.com/events/389778397815622/?ref=2&ref_dashboard_filter=calendar

Too bad, i'm missed out already. When is the next sales? I'm looking for a dive casing for camera. Anyone knows where can I buy it from?

@Enelym1978

Do you happen to be LOB on MV Nautica?

All divers FYI, Deep Blue Scuba is holding an equipment sales TOMORROW with up to 50% discount.

Yup I'm still on board the MV Nautica :)

Waiting to clear Singapore customs somewhere between Changi and Tekong. Been an hour already. Sianz.

Too bad, i'm missed out already. When is the next sales? I'm looking for a dive casing for camera. Anyone knows where can I buy it from?

There was another sale, this time at Amazing Dive, Crawford Lane, near Lavender MRT. It was last Saturday though.

Next sales I believe will be for Christmas (at least for Deep Blue).

I'm also looking for a camera case but I think you can get a better deal out of Hong Kong or the US, online.

Guest ahwei12

There was another sale, this time at Amazing Dive, Crawford Lane, near Lavender MRT. It was last Saturday though.

Next sales I believe will be for Christmas (at least for Deep Blue).

I'm also looking for a camera case but I think you can get a better deal out of Hong Kong or the US, online.

How much is usually cost for the camera case?

How much is usually cost for the camera case?

You can find cases from any price range... depends on which camera it's for, how deep you wanna go with it, etc...

Canon for example has these:

http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/consumer/standard_display/underwater_photo

I use a digital camera (PanasonicLumix FT3) which is enough for snorkeling and shallow dives but for deeper scuba diving, you need a case. Price ranges from as low as $80 and can go up to thousands...

Buy online in the US is relatively cheaper...

Here are the videos uploaded to Youtube now.

So the first one is a nudibranch of course :)

And the second one was our math test during the deep dive haha. With some funny faces.

All shot on GoPro3 Black Edition. Had some problems with the white balancing though, that's why it looks so green....

Edited by Enelym1978

Guest ahwei12

These videos are reminding me of my advanced open water course.

Btw, how much you bought for the GoPro3?

The resolution is quite satisfy but felt sad for the colour problem.

The GoPro3 is awesome but the water conditions were not good and somehow, the videos turned out greenish. But if you look at the last 3rd video (not sure why it did not embed in here), it's blue.

It did wonderfully during my paragliding in Nepal and I see lots of videos online from diving trips (where water was crystal clear) and they turn out great.   :)

I bought it in HK, where it's a bit cheaper. I can't remember exactly though.... somewhere around $600 I think?

Edited by Enelym1978

If you use the LCD screen, yes the battery will go very quickly... unfortunately. It's so tiny, the batter can't stay on that long but if you don't use the LCD screen, it should be fine. Practice in aiming without the screen, when you're home or something, so you won't need it when you dive.

• 4 weeks later...

Anyone planning to take AOW next year? 

Thinking of taking it with this centre http://lumbalumba.com/, a friend of mine told me that the place is well run and rustic. She even saw Mantas on her first deep dive.  ^_^

Not sure if it's luck, but seems quite a good diving site ya?

~ Let's get one thing straight, I'm not. ~

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Ok so I came back from my diving trip in Cebu/Moalboal/Oslob during the holidays. It was just amazing!

Stayed in a nice little family resort, amazing snorkeling and diving, got to see the whale sharks in Oslob. Perfect!

Here are some pics. More details if someone wants to go to those places.

Whale Sharks in Oslob (about 1h30 drive if leave Cebu at 5am). If you leave too late, it's super crowded and the traffic is a mess.

1523714_10153693724810235_1186989346_o.j

Asian Belgian Dive Resort in Moalboal. About 2h30 drive from Cebu. They do pick up for 2500 PHP but a taxi is cheaper from Cebu, 1500 PHP

1538669_10153684281060235_447306873_n.jp

1525632_10153684280925235_2146451539_n.j

549169_10153684280350235_1346687305_n.jp

On the way back from Oslob, we stopped at the famous Kawasan waterfalls. Worth a short trip since it's on the way back.

Then we stopped at the Taloot Pier/Wharf for some fresh seafood. You get to walk on this bamboo bridge to reach the restaurant on top of the water.

1477465_10153693833470235_887183381_n.jp

And hello, that's me hehe.

1551530_10153691744595235_1053644948_n.j

I have never been there, but want to go. Its quite a hassle flying there?  I think very few airlines flies there.  Any idea what are the cost of air fares, lodging etc will be?

Yes it is quite a "hassle" and a bit of a long flight out of Singapore.

The rare airlines that fly there, that I know of:

- Asiana (through Seoul)

- Korean Air (Seoul)

- United (Hong Kong + Guam, Manilla)

- Delta (through Narita)

- China Airlines (Taipei)

- TransAsia (Taipei)

- ANA (Narita)

- JAL (Narita, Nagoya, Osaka)

But beware, some of these flights might need 2 stops and take forever (and some are chartered flights, so might not be operated every day or all year long).... Price ranges from $1300-$2000+

I'll be flying to Seoul cuz I have a biz trip there and then I booked Seoul - Koror on Asiana with my miles.

Edited by Enelym1978

50,000 miles on United program for business class return from Singapore to ROR. 30,000 on Economy.

pay only about 100USD for taxes. 2-3 transits.

if you travel twice a year, long haul, u can get the 50,000 in two years using thai airways economy.

Edited by zzzzzzzz