Male HQ

Scuba Diving (Compiled)

Guest ah fat

Oh I almost got the G15 as well but then I thought I needed a compact one :) Never heard of the LiquidImage one.... what I want also is some software with some pre-settings for underwater color correction :)

Yes, agreed, hence the need of a good buoyancy control technique and some patience haha.

A coffee get-together sounds fun, to be organized soon, why not?

I think str8 away go for refresher is better.. u can refresh ur skill and show ur gadget. .. lol

more damage is done with divers that have not perfected their buoyancy control and trying to take pics, doing too many things at once....end up kicking and damaging these fragile coral/marine life and muddying the water for other divers...

hey fellow divers, lets have a gtg and talk scuba over coffee man :)

SilkAir is having their 25th year celebration by offering 50% off KrisFlyer redemption to select destinations, including Lombok, Manado.

That's only 7500 miles for round trip economy + $139.20 taxes!!!

Booking till May 25th, travel till September 30, 2014

Who who who?  :)

half a year hardly requires a refresher course?  once you don the gears it will all come back to you i reckon. anyway on your dive trip you can always request for a check-out dive first to get some of those mojo back. :)

Most dive shops I went to require a refresher dive if you haven't dived in the last 6 months... or a year, depends where you dive and depends on the dive shop.

SilkAir is having their 25th year celebration by offering 50% off KrisFlyer redemption to select destinations, including Lombok, Manado.

Who who who?   :)

too bad this year's travel calendar is already packed!!

Most dive shops I went to require a refresher dive if you haven't dived in the last 6 months... or a year, depends where you dive and depends on the dive shop.

interesting, didn't know that, hasn't happened to me yet~!

half a year hardly requires a refresher course?  once you don the gears it will all come back to you i reckon. anyway on your dive trip you can always request for a check-out dive first to get some of those mojo back. :)

If you have been diving frequently prior to the half yearly hiatus then yes... if say you only did OW and maybe one more leisure trip and went on one year hiatus... then perhaps a refresher will be good... :)

Haven't really met a strict one as you described... in general caucasian dive operators tend to be a bit stricter... the one I went to in Bali Nusa Lembongan required me to produce dive ID which I conveniently did not bring and the PADI web check doesn't return any result... Despite telling her I've >150 dives and AOW, she instructed the DM to do "orientation" with me  ^_^ as we dived...

Haven't really met a strict one as you described... in general caucasian dive operators tend to be a bit stricter... the one I went to in Bali Nusa Lembongan required me to produce dive ID which I conveniently did not bring and the PADI web check doesn't return any result... Despite telling her I've >150 dives and AOW, she instructed the DM to do "orientation" with me  ^_^ as we dived...

I thought Dive ID(the card) + Dive log is a must on any dives... ?

approval.png.5049b8bf793949ee27c5a7e76f11054d.png

I thought Dive ID(the card) + Dive log is a must on any dives... ?

Nope. Only serious operators will request to see your dive certificate. The log is for your own information only.

I once dived in the Philippines. Operated by Europeans. I forgot my PADI card in my room and offered to go back to get it. They said "it's alright, show it to us later". They never asked me for it...

Others, like in Palau, will ask to physically see your card, they will then write down your number on their guest registration form.

There is another field asking when and where was your last dive. That's for you to fill. They can't verify that.

I think it's our own responsibility to know what we still remember and what we don't.

It's not just your life you're putting on the line but also your buddy's. So please dive responsibly. :)

Who who who?   :)

anyone going on this trip?

Nope. Only serious operators will request to see your dive certificate. The log is for your own information only.

I once dived in the Philippines. Operated by Europeans. I forgot my PADI card in my room and offered to go back to get it. They said "it's alright, show it to us later". They never asked me for it...

Others, like in Palau, will ask to physically see your card, they will then write down your number on their guest registration form.

There is another field asking when and where was your last dive. That's for you to fill. They can't verify that.

I think it's our own responsibility to know what we still remember and what we don't.

It's not just your life you're putting on the line but also your buddy's. So please dive responsibly. :)

Nice ! 

Edited by langren

well said :)

Dive log is a good to have, but not a must have (as in, it's not a legal document)... afterall one can always fill the pages on himself and claim that he had hundreds of dives before... :P

well said :)

Dive log is a good to have, but not a must have (as in, it's not a legal document)... afterall one can always fill the pages on himself and claim that he had hundreds of dives before... :P

er... there will be a stamp for the each dive logs which meants it's verified by the Dive Master/instructor

er... there will be a stamp for the each dive logs which meants it's verified by the Dive Master/instructor

Eh, not all have a stamp or something... theoretically just a signature will do or you don't even need to have it "verified"... Sometimes just your buddy signing it off will do it's more of a "hobby" although they do encourage it so that you keep track on your own capability... All the cute cute stamps from all over the world are perks to keep you going :P

Anyway, always jealous about people who has the patience and perserverance to do dive logs after years of diving... :)

Eh, not all have a stamp or something... theoretically just a signature will do or you don't even need to have it "verified"... Sometimes just your buddy signing it off will do it's more of a "hobby" although they do encourage it so that you keep track on your own capability... All the cute cute stamps from all over the world are perks to keep you going :P

Anyway, always jealous about people who has the patience and perserverance to do dive logs after years of diving... :)

And i thought a minimum amount of dive-logs are required to get to Dive Master... like 1,500dives

Any good dive shops to recommend for Bali

Nusa Lembongan good spot for dive..nver been there bfore but some Balinese divers recomend this spot..

if you hv more time, u may visit lombok.... take a boat from Bali to Gili...

Lombok : Gili Trawangan , Gili Air...those are wonderfull spot....clear visibility, Padi alsa available at Gili Trawangan

ps : Gili is lokal language (Island)

Edited by boyFX

Planning for a self made long weekend dive from 5 - 8 June to Tioman just to get wet.  Anyone interested?  Short of one person for this trip

just comeback from dive trip to Pulau Weh, Indonesia. had 4 dives, 2spots so so, 1 unique (underwater volcano), 1 exceptional beautiful called Batee Tokong

hi Tantalize, if only i still have leave day, i might want to join haha... enjoy your trip to tioman

just comeback from dive trip to Pulau Weh, Indonesia. had 4 dives, 2spots so so, 1 unique (underwater volcano), 1 exceptional beautiful called Batee Tokong

hi Tantalize, if only i still have leave day, i might want to join haha... enjoy your trip to tioman

was there last year, the underwater hotspring was really something!!

No problem, there is always another trip :)

dived at pulau weh 2 weeks ago.....the underwater hot springs is truly unique.

14032061057_11cfe5930d_c.jpg

14031988688_7e49674609_c.jpg

14031990198_2f71e396e4_c.jpg

14215356181_c3d016cf5e_c.jpg

14215357421_6581bd1f86_c.jpg

14031993698_7c1a3ab7fd_c.jpg

14031995238_96ed1e8506_c.jpg

14031997288_277b2a2717_c.jpg

Edited by ArtyGuy21SA

By the way, who here owns his own dive equipment?

Talking about BCD and regulators.

I'm looking at investing a bit and getting my full gear. I already have my own mask, fins, dive comp, etc... but still missing the bigger parts: BCD and regulator.

Will have a look at the Scuba Warehouse later if anyone wanna join :)

Or is there any other big place with lots of choices for reasonable prices?