Male HQ

Yoga Discussion (Compiled)

Guest Guest

2 hours ago, robin said:

Actually we have place, we have instructor, group 5 should not be difficult to find,  can start Liao. 

I am new to yoga. I know a gay yoga instructor, but not sure if he is good 

So are you going to start a class? What kind of yoga? Any way to be kept in the loop?

Edited by bluerunner

While it seemed suddenly hot yoga bcame a topic??( I was doing like 5yrs ago....)

the new version is coming soon, if i m a businessmen

i can easily think of replacing goats w pets like rabbits if sg (animal rights orgns) refused the goat ideas

there r plenty of ideas

https://www.facebook.com/BusinessInsiderUK/videos/2351749491717414/

5 minutes ago, bluerunner said:

Knowing @abang for so many years, he will not create a LINE group. However, if you create one and invite him, he will join. 

Apologies.. yes I aint that line-savvy but old uncle has managed to start the group..

under the title of Abang-Yoga...let's chat via line then.. we can arrange for the sessions thereafter..

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi guys. I have just joined a yoga class here in Singapore, and I got near amazing results. I always find it hard to focus on something, and I easily get tired. After I enrolled and got into five yoga classes, that is continuous for 5 weeks, I've seen less of that. Yoga really helps. My instructors at Yoga Mandala are really great. 

Edited by lillytan2018

7 hours ago, Nwest said:

Will be back in SG for CNY any recommendation for Yoga Class... I have FF membership so will be going to theirs. But if I want to do more any recommendation?

Very hard to recommend when we don't know what type of yoga you like and ur current level. Some studios only certain instructors are good and they have specific styles. Just my 2 cents. 

On 1/25/2018 at 7:24 PM, ahbee said:

Very hard to recommend when we don't know what type of yoga you like and ur current level. Some studios only certain instructors are good and they have specific styles. Just my 2 cents. 

Thanks AhBee.

I am looking for HOT yoga & I guess basic cos only started  doing that for 3 mths

3 hours ago, Nwest said:

Thanks AhBee.

I am looking for HOT yoga & I guess basic cos only started  doing that for 3 mths

I heard good reviews from friends about Yoga Lab and Yoga Inc. I have tried Meraki and the teachers there are good. Gajju is the only male instructor at Meraki and he's very handsome (straight and married though). All 3 studios have hot classes. If you just want to try few classes, no harm doing a trial with Pure Yoga since it's free. Pure has the widest range of classes and good teachers (e.g Dagge, Hee Boon, Arun, Stanley). 

1 hour ago, ahbee said:

. Gajju is the only male instructor at Meraki and he's very handsome (straight and married though)..... Pure has the widest range of classes and good teachers (e.g Dagge, Hee Boon, Arun, Stanley). 

Gajju is so hot. :redface:

Someone told me Stanley is a Muslim? Dunno fake news or what. :mellow:

2 hours ago, ahbee said:

I heard good reviews from friends about Yoga Lab and Yoga Inc. I have tried Meraki and the teachers there are good. Gajju is the only male instructor at Meraki and he's very handsome (straight and married though). All 3 studios have hot classes. If you just want to try few classes, no harm doing a trial with Pure Yoga since it's free. Pure has the widest range of classes and good teachers (e.g Dagge, Hee Boon, Arun, Stanley). 

Thanks Mr Bee :)

2 hours ago, bluerunner said:

Gajju is so hot. :redface:

Someone told me Stanley is a Muslim? Dunno fake news or what. :mellow:

Gajju is indeed hot haha. Stanley is one of the rare few level 2 authorised ashtanga teachers in singapore. But I think ashtanga can be too xiong for beginners. I like strong classes so I have been doing mainly ashtanga for about 2 years. 

2 hours ago, ahbee said:

Gajju is indeed hot haha. Stanley is one of the rare few level 2 authorised ashtanga teachers in singapore. But I think ashtanga can be too xiong for beginners. I like strong classes so I have been doing mainly ashtanga for about 2 years. 

A lot of new ppl to Yoga like to do difficult and strong poses even though they have not built up a good foundation. 

30 minutes ago, bluerunner said:

A lot of new ppl to Yoga like to do difficult and strong poses even though they have not built up a good foundation. 

Totally! I spent about one year building my foundation. I still believe that there are a lot to learn for the basic poses like downward dog, upward dog and triangle pose.  Many advanced poses are just fancy to look at haha. I know of a popular couple on instagram. It seemed like they are very pro with those advanced poses until I saw them in class and their foundation like shit and their "advanced" poses pictures were taken using camera's burst mode. Yoga should not be compared with other people lar. Everyone's path very different. Really is practise and all is coming! :)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi guys, just would like to share with you on my yoga experience.

I'm with Fitness First and made full use of the classes they offer. One day after BodyPump, I went to check through the class schedule and saw that my BodyPump instructor conducts yoga classes too. She's an inspiration because first, for a BodyPump instructor, she's super toned and not bulky, unlike other female instructors. She's very articulate, dynamic and has this super strong, happy energy whenever she conducts the class. I almost fell in love with her for the way she is.

I've been doing yoga for about 8 months now and different people have different length of time in terms of progression. I'm amazed how the after-effects of BodyPump training helps me with yoga in terms of strength building. A lot of yoga classes conducted in fitness centres/gyms are mostly power based, meaning, practices are based on Ashtanga yoga. You feel the sense of achievement when you managed to get into an asana (pose) that you struggled with back then, after numerous rounds of attempts/practices.

Yoga helps to bring awareness to your body, on your strengths and weaknesses. And yoga also tells you that if you're unable to do certain poses on a certain day, it's alright because we are all born different yet good people.

Now I try to clock in at least 4x yoga classes or training a week to get better at it. I'm not a pro, but to have a goal (for my case, there's two - to be able to do splits and unassisted handstand) really motivates you to do better.

Namaste.

Guest Guest
On 2/4/2018 at 7:52 PM, bluerunner said:

Bikram Yoga @ True Yoga Pacific Plaza:

I noticed the photos of Chaudary Bikram with the celebrities have been taken down from the wall outside Studio 1. The Bikram yoga logo has also been removed from the wall! 

Anyone got any insider story of what happened? 

Bikram himself had multiple lawsuit against his sexual abuse cases. I guess true yoga try not to have any more business association with Bikram and withdraw the franchise business.

Guest Sport-coholic
14 hours ago, neuwave said:

Hi guys, just would like to share with you on my yoga experience.

I'm with Fitness First and made full use of the classes they offer. One day after BodyPump, I went to check through the class schedule and saw that my BodyPump instructor conducts yoga classes too. She's an inspiration because first, for a BodyPump instructor, she's super toned and not bulky, unlike other female instructors. She's very articulate, dynamic and has this super strong, happy energy whenever she conducts the class. I almost fell in love with her for the way she is.

Regina? 

• Guest locked and unlocked this topic
  • 1 month later...
On 2/4/2018 at 7:52 PM, bluerunner said:

Bikram Yoga @ True Yoga Pacific Plaza:

I noticed the photos of Chaudary Bikram with the celebrities have been taken down from the wall outside Studio 1. The Bikram yoga logo has also been removed from the wall! 

Anyone got any insider story of what happened? 

the original boss Patrick Wee of TY has left, and thus go the connection with Chaudary Bikram. Removing the logo, photos and renaming it to BOHY90 means no longer need to pay royalties fees and save money for TY. Anyway the whole of 5th floor is gonna give-way for the gym (i.e: CHV equipments), so...

15 hours ago, fmen said:

the original boss Patrick Wee of TY has left, and thus go the connection with Chaudary Bikram. Removing the logo, photos and renaming it to BOHY90 means no longer need to pay royalties fees and save money for TY. Anyway the whole of 5th floor is gonna give-way for the gym (i.e: CHV equipments), so...

Thanks for the insight. 

I suspected the detachment from Chaudary Bikram. Din know Patrick Wee has left. 

Who is the new big boss now?

More importantly, what will havppen to the current BOHY90 if they are going to use level5 to store CH equipment?!

2 hours ago, fmen said:

the current BOHY90 will prob be shifted to level 4 studio B.

Level5 current has 3 studios. StudioC, Bikram studio1 and studio2 (currently concerted to normal hot yoga perm studio). 

If they are going to level5 storing area and turn Studio B into Bikram studio, level 4 has only studio A. 

From 4 studios + 1 Bikram to 1 studio and 1 Bikram. That’s is really bad. 

If they are going to use studio B for Bikram, hot yoga and normal yoga lesson, that means many classes will be get cancelled. Also a bad move. 

To sum it up, using level5 for equipment storing is a lousy idea. Really bad management and fuck up planning. 

50 minutes ago, bluerunner said:

Not bad meaning .......

I’ve started doing yoga 6 months ago and have tried Yoga Lab and Yoga Inc. I liked some of the instructors there (there are both male and female teachers available). Some instructors resonates with me so I attend their sessions more but occasionally will try other instructor sessions too. In terms of facilities, it’s pretty basic, just lockers, toilets and shower stalls (no sauna, towels need to rent at yoga lab.. etc) so they can’t be compared to Pure/FF/Virgin but their charges are reasonable (about S$20/visit or less, depending on package).

They have some starter package available for you to sample their classes which are pretty affordable. But ultimately, depending on where you stay, if you like the style of the teachers or the general vibe of the club (if you prefer the crowd to have more working adults? or more neighborhood aunties? more homely feel?) may influence your preference. 

I typically go to Yoga Lab East which is at Katong (just opposite i12 Katong) , due to the homely casual laid-back vibe and away from the working crowd in town. Couple of times I went during the weekdays (mornings/afternoon), not crowded, good mix of male (20%-30%?) and females, some young (steward/stewardess?) some old (aunties/uncle retirees/expats). I personally prefer Yoga Lab instructors more, since I was a beginner 6 months back they have been all very patient with me, so the experience was good. Only drawback was the facilities, only 1 shower cubicle and 1 toilet for males but not an issue if you stay nearby. 

Im hoping to try Yoga Movement soon, purely they have more outlets/timings to choose from but their vibe seems to appeal more to the younger millennials but we’ll see!

Hope more yogis can share their experience at their respective clubs too!

You can also try other studios via Classpass, like Freedom Yoga, Level Robinson, etc. Some studios, like YM, YL and Priyan studio are not on Classpass. 

For Pure, go for their 7-day trial...

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/10/2018 at 7:56 AM, bluerunner said:

@fmen: thanks. Lousy decision. 

i feel that probably it could be a bit better if yoga takes level 5 and fitness gym at level 4, hate to hear banging of the weights while doing meditation or slow classes. And i hope they will avoid pumping loud music in the premises as PP is not really as spacious as Suntec City Club.

• 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...