• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
GachiMuchi

Common Relationship Mistakes Gay Men Make

32 posts in this topic

Very interesting read . . . and in actuality, I totally agree . . .:)

Agree.. especially no.1 because the other guy might just use him/you for sex, and u r stupid enough to fall for it, end up he dump you/your boyfren, and end up with nothing else

thats the most common I see... ;)

Few weeks back, i hit the brick wall in my rs but i am glad that happen cos i now understand him more ;)

That Great ... i agree with GM... Need more time to reflect once awhile

"...Don’t get in a relationship because you need stability and he’s your safety net...Be with someone because you love them, not because they can give you something of luxury."

This author is a genius.

We may not realise it but this puts to words what many of us are actually thinking when choosing partners.

"...Don’t get in a relationship because you need stability and he’s your safety net...Be with someone because you love them, not because they can give you something of luxury."

This author is a genius.

We may not realise it but this puts to words what many of us are actually thinking when choosing partners.

Like this phase.. seriously quite a lot wanted the other party to commit, even if the other party is not the playful, unfaithfuly type and has already said that he wanted to go slow for fear of hurting each other.. but sadly most who are pushy cannot accept this..sigh..

Read this few days back, now read again~

Feel the different again @.@

Number 6 perfectly sums up the reason why my last two relationships failed :(

I think everyone should pin this up on the wall and go through this check list before deciding to go for a new relationship. :-)

Disagree with most, speaking from a decades long relationship.

Giving up on a relationship withou. Trying hard enough to.save it.

Giving up on a relationship withou. Trying hard enough to.save it.

Thanks for sharing. I really like this thread.

10 common mistakes gay men make in the dating world

By Brent Heinze

10. “Big muscles or a handsome face make up for being stupid or rude.”

The most important qualities for a person to possess are integrity, inner strength and intelligence.  Some people feel that muscles can compensate for the inner demons, but at the end of the day, these people remain insecure, sad and lonely. Being an arrogant douche only serves to alienate you from others, except for those shallow enough to be impressed by your physical overcompensation.

9. “He cheated on his last four boyfriends but he won’t cheat on me because we’re in love.”

It takes a lot of personal initiative to change any behavior. When a person feels entitled enough to cheat on his partner, that shows a deep-rooted belief that his desires are more important that anyone else’s, probably yours as well. Protect your heart, and your genitals.

8. “I’m just not good at connecting with people.”

There are only a few people in the world that are natural social stud-muffins. Most of us still remember our awkward years where we felt like we didn’t fit in to the popular crowd. Rope-in your confidence, and put yourself in a social situation where you have the opportunity to strike up some casual conversations.

7. “You can’t find love on a dating site or in a bar.”

Quite the contrary. Actually, staying in your apartment wishing for Prince Charming to find and fondle you is totally pointless. Logging onto social networking/dating sites or venturing out from your house mentally prepares you for meeting and interacting with people. You can improve your communication skills, change your expectations or hang out in different environments to increase your chances. Don’t be afraid to put yourself out there.

6. “I will never find a good relationship.”

This is one of the most destructive beliefs that can cause depression, isolation, bitchy attitudes and a lack of initiative in getting out to meet people. Maybe a more accurate statement would be, “I am never going to marry Enrique Iglesias.” You may need to re-examine what you are looking for and how you are doing it. There are many awesome people out there. Don’t close yourself off to possibility.

5. “Gay men can’t be trusted and are emotional trainwrecks.”

This is not always the case, but many feel that there is a high prevalence of dishonesty, substance abuse and annoying quirks. It is so important to really take the opportunity to get to know someone before you ask him to move in or make him your Power of Attorney. Unfortunately, it may take longer than a few weeks.

4. “Being nice and thoughtful isn’t valued in our community.”

The stereotype that states: “nice guys always finish last” isn’t true. However, there are some other things that can keep you from finishing first. Being caring or sympathetic is great, but it can be pushed to the extreme. You may want to hold off on sending two tickets to Palm Springs to the guy you went on a first date with last night.

3. “Bars are the only places to meet gay people.”

Many times bars can hold the highest concentration of gays at any given time, but we are everywhere. Get creative. Go to coffee shops, parks, museums, social organizations or book stores (not just the dirty ones). Keep your eyes open for that cute guy that just smiled at you walking down the sidewalk. Don’t look away; smile back!

2. “Drugs and alcohol increase my chances of scoring.”

Being obnoxious, falling down and making an ass of yourself will not guarantee you get laid. Actually, most of the time people aren’t impressed by it and your equipment won’t work anyway if you do get the opportunity to get naked with someone. Keep your usage in check. There is a fine line between social lubricant and an oil spill.

1. “That person is too hot to talk to.”

There is absolutely no one too hot for you to walk up to and say, “hi.” Be careful not to get confused if someone returns the greeting. It does not mean that he wants to strike up a conversation, is going to sleep with you, or that you should grab his crotch. Picking up on social cues and body language can help you figure out if you should continue trying to engage this person in conversation, or move on to another stud.

Hi folks

Can anyone here tell me how to end a relationship with politeness without hurting each other?

Thank you

Hi folks

Can anyone here tell me how to end a relationship with politeness without hurting each other?

Thank you

Be brave.

Be honest.

Be respectful.

Be tactful.

Regarding about opened relationships, alot of people argued that it is up to the couple to decide and set the parameters and boundaries. There are many claims of "successful" opened relationships on the internet and also by people in our gay circles.

My own principle is still towards monogamy because from my perspective, many of these "opened relationship" couples have too much time on hand and choose not to focus on growing/evolving their relationships, but instead to spend time looking for hookups (well whether you cruise in sauna or on the internet, it takes alot of time and effort). Most of the time I also noticed that these people are just waiting for something better to come along. 

Maybe because I am not a highly sexed person, and can be happy just resting in bed cuddling with my partner (instead of chasing non stop mechanical anal sex or blow jobs). 

Hi folks

Thank you

If u have been truly into a relationship, there's no way u wont be hurt.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.
You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Similar Content

• Guest Guest
      New Members Read This : BW Sub-Forum Guide and Description
      By Guest Guest
      I have posted a new topic before and often the posting was removed.

Could the moderator indicate where we can find the guidelines on new topics? I could not find them.

And if you merge the new topic into another topic, could you let the new topic stay for a day and leave a message somewhere to inform us where you have merged the new topic into? If not, we can't find the new topic.

Thanks.
    • Owl Palms (Dos) Spa In Jb
      By Owlpalms dos
      Newly established in 2015, Owl Palms bring you a quality Sensual Body Massage and Foot Reflexology services at affordable prices, in a clean and cosy environment.
      Our highly trained male therapists are specially provide you with enjoyable relaxation and satisfying experience.
      Visit us now !

February  2016 SPECIAL PROMOTIONS:

1) Aroma Massage: 90 min plus another 60 min FREE foot reflexology is only RM 128.

2) Body To Body Massage: 90 min for 2 masseurs, (each masseur is 45 min), is only RM 148.

3) Side Promotion:
      RM 38 for foot reflexology.
      RM 38 for body cupping.
      RM 38 for body scrub.
      RM 38 for ear candling.

4) New Masseurs from China, Myanmar, Thailand, Pakistan & Cambodia will join us in end February.

Call us now today:
      +607-333-1069
      +60-127919889

Open Daily: 12pm - 3am

Visit us:
      No 15A Jalan Perang Taman Pelangi 80400
      Johor Bahru, West Malaysia

Follow us on FACE BOOK

BY EMAIL
      owlpalms@gmail.com

Hurry ! We are waiting to serve you!
    • Forbidden Attractions - Larry's Life Story
      By Larry
      A. My First Love - Kong
      Chapter 1: Who am I?

At end of my first year, I had an interview with the liberal varsity Christian Students Fellowships on the condition that my identity was to be kept anonymous. It was reported subsequently on its monthly publication of campus profile & personality column. Following are extracted from the publication.

Q: You are an interesting person, with your long hair, fair complexion & demure personality; will you tell me what your sexual identification is? Are you a gay?
      A: No, a definite no, I am not gay.

Q: So what are you?
      A: I am a cross dresser, a behavior that’s deemed unacceptable in this conservative society. Except my childhood friend named Ling, for about 21 years of my life I keep this fetish a secret.

Q: Since when you found about this fetish?
      A: Maybe around 15 in sec. 3. But I think the desire was there much earlier.

Q: Any related incident to tell?
      A: Yes, I remember there was this day when 3 good looking young chaps walking passed when I water the plants at the front yard. My hands clung tightly on the fence while watching them intensely. I was mesmerized by their walks, talks & smiles, couple with the crystal clear ringing tones came from the anklets they worn, from that moment, I had dreamt that one day I would be as pretty, as elegant & as sweet as them.

Q: So instead of women, can I say you are craving for men?
      A: No, not at all. Not even a single though throughout the young age.

Q: Why?
      A: It is insane, it never occur in my mind, as I like only the beautiful things.

Q: But by chance I do notice that you were at Chatter Box with this guy behaving so intimately.
      A: I am not trying to lie, yes, he is my boy friend, but it started when I was doing my national service.

Q: A bold question here & you may choose not to answer, i.e. any sexual relationship in-between?
      A: Hmm… there is, but it is between a guy & a lady, not man to man. I played the female role all times. Small talks & patting are vital to get me mentally satisfied rather than the stuff, you know?

Q: Okay, beside the event of awakening by the 3 good looking chaps incident, I believe you just didn’t stop there, right?
      A: Yes, I went into stealing.

Q: Stealing?
      A: Yes, as student I did not have extra money, so I stole. Moreover, it was not convenience to buy even if I do have the money.

Q: Not convenience?
      A: Let me explain. My first stealing was being at a daily trip from school to home. On this humid sunny afternoon, I walked on this back lane hung with wet clothing on the bamboo poles. I glanced from far focusing on the usual location with rows of lady apparels. Walking sheepishly up, down & back, I grasped a pair of bra & panty & walked off quickly.
      I shielded the wet stuff in the school bag & walked home hurriedly, I wasn’t sure my stealing was spotted by anyone but simply walked & walked with head down. Back to my room, I explored the wet stuff, I felt excited with heart pumping hard, feeling wonderful about it. Since then the stealing took place whenever opportunity occurred, but I make it a point never steal on the same location. All these were kept in a biscuit tin tightly closed & hide behind the book shelf. This went on throughout my secondary & high school days.

Q: Gosh, it must be hard on you.
      A: Yeah, I struggled with this all those early years, this life had been very difficult, it was sinful, shameful & I had hated it. Imagine having to grow up under the fear of being caught by the public, the owners & or even found out by the family members for such sickening fetish. It had been at the very core of all my problems growing up right into adulthood.

Q: Didn’t you seek help from your parent?
      A: No never. I believe grandma & mom cannot understand.

Q: What’s about your dad?
      A: Well, we never in good talking term, as far as I am concerned, he is just a jerk.

Q: Thanks for telling me all these. Do you have anything to add before ending this discussion?
      A: Till my life end, it is a problem that can never go away. I will use Karl A. Menninger’s quote to describe the conflicting feeling.

“ When a trout rising to a fly gets hooked on a line & find himself unable to swim freely, he begins with a fight which results in struggles & splashes & sometimes an escape. Often, Of course, the situation is too tough for him.
      In the same way the human being struggles with his environment & with the hooks that catch him. Sometimes he masters his difficulties; sometimes they are too much for him. His struggles are all that the world sees & it naturally misunderstands them. It is hard for a free fish to understand what is happening to a hooked one.”

x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x

To be continued ……………
    • 10 Types of People You Meet At A Chinese New Year Reunion Dinner
      By IkuTube
      Happy Reunion!

Haha, the people amongst us and us amongst the people.

-------------------------------

Source:  http://www.ladyironchef.com/2016/01/people-you-meet-chinese-new-year-dinner/#more-77737

It is that time of the year again – Chinese New Year. The time of amazing food, quality time with family and overnight mahjong.

If you celebrate Chinese New Year in Singapore, you would know that house visiting is mostly a must, and you spend pretty much the whole day going from one house to another – to reconnect with relatives, have some food, and to collect or give out red packets.

With that, you will notice that everywhere you go, there are certain types of people and they are generally the same at every house. Here are 10 Types of People at A Chinese New Year Reunion Dinner.

#1 THE ‘HANGRY’ RELATIVE
      If you do not already know what this popular term means, it is the fusion of two words ‘hungry’ and ‘angry’. There is definitely someone who will whine about why the food is not ready yet, or why there is not enough food. If you can relate to this, you are probably this person. Else, just go find this person some food!

#2 THE AUNT WHO HAS ‘NO FILTER’
      You know it, we know it; well, she might not know it. But she is the (annoying) one who will constantly ask inappropriate questions about why your boyfriend is not at the gathering (even though you two recently broke up), why are you not married yet, or why you chose to take a gap year from University. Unfortunately, there is no way of avoiding her; she will find you and interrogation starts!

#3 THE AUNT WHO TALKS TOO MUCH
      “My son is top in his class!” “Did you see this new designer handbag I got?” “Your food is a little salty, maybe you could…” Yup, she does not stop talking and yapping away and all you can do is sit politely and listen because she thinks her advice is golden.

#4 THE AWKWARD & QUIET COUSIN
      There is always one person at every social situation who excludes himself or herself. They might just prefer to be alone, or are simply feeling too awkward to interact. Nevertheless, try walking up to them to strike a conversation!

#5 THE NOISY KIDS
      Running around, throwing things, screaming – kids can be a handful, especially when the parents don’t even care. Then again, it is Chinese New Year and we will embrace the spirit of love and harmony.

#6 THE ONE WHO HATES CHINESE NEW YEAR
      The downer. This person is basically the one who ruins everybody’s mood. He or she would be complaining about the festive songs, shows and decor, and they just basically look so bored and discontent with the gathering altogether.

#7 THE ONE WHO IS SLEEPY AND BORED
      You can spot this person yawning while resting his or her head on the couch. This person does not necessarily hate Chinese New Year, they might just find family gatherings a little too much, especially when they have #2 or #3 around.

#8 THE ONE WHO LOVES CHINESE NEW YEAR
      This person will be dressed head to toe like a red packet. He or she will jiving along to Chinese New Year music and most likely be the life of the party. Sounds like fun, but can be a pain if he/she is overly obsessed.

#9 THE RELATIVE WHO FORGETS YOUR NAME
      The reason is simple – you see this person only once a year, and they will never remember your name. You just have to tell him/her whose kid you are, and they would go, “Ohhhhhhh!”

#10 THE SLEEPY UNCLE
      There will always be an uncle of ours who would be dozing off on the couch, or just snoring away in the bedroom because, well, he is always sleepy.

• Male-HQ Feb Giveaway Contest - Free TWO MUCH Super Pad Crotch Enhancer from Korea
      By Male-HQ
      Hi guys, we're Male-HQ, a new men's lifestyle store curating cult labels from around the world with a mission to help men look great inside out. We stock men's underwear, swimwear, socks, accessories, and grooming brands including TOOT, STUD, Very STUD, 2EROS, Groovin', Teron, Unsimply Stitched, and more.

In partnership with Blowing Wind, we're launching monthly giveaways exclusively for BW members starting July. There'll be new prizes every month, so stay tuned for July's giveaways on Mon night.

Meanwhile, this weekend, we're celebrating the freedom to love. Visit us in any pink apparel item (underwear counts!) from today to Sun and enjoy 20% discount off your purchases. We're at #02-06, Ming Arcade (opp. Hard Rock Cafe), 21 Cuscaden Road. We're open Wed-Sun 12pm-9pm.