Male HQ

Hot/Cute Guys Reactivated (images ONLY) + Yahoo's #Fitspo series - TikTok & Twitter are not allowed! (Please read the first post for instructions)

sphere

Happy - is what we should be, always.

Notice: I DO NOT use the Chat Function in this Forum - this has always been written in my profile (and I don't read it too).

{it is unfortunate that this new Chat Function does not allow users to turn/switch off in mobile phone}

Notice: I DO NOT use the Chat Function in this Forum - this has always been written in my profile (and I don't read it too).

{it is unfortunate that this new Chat Function does not allow users to turn/switch off in mobile phone}

Singapore #Fitspo of the Week: Lenard Chew (15 Aug 2023)

Singapore #Fitspo of the Week Lenard Chew is a tuition business owner.
Singapore #Fitspo of the Week Lenard Chew is a tuition business owner. (PHOTO: Cheryl Tay)

Name: Lenard Chew (@lillychews)

Height: 1.72m

Weight: 73kg

Food: I've adopted a flexible approach that keeps both my taste buds and waistline happy.

For dinner, I have the privilege of enjoying my mother-in-law's delightful Chinese food, and I'm fortunate that her meals consist of about 70 per cent vegetables and 30 per cent meat. I skip rice and other carbs during dinner, allowing me to focus on the nutritious goodness of the veggies and lean proteins.

When it comes to lunch, I often dine out. While I try not to be too picky, I still make sure to include a plate or bowl of rice or noodles with a generous serving of vegetables and meat. It's all about finding that balance between indulgence and nourishment.

Exercise: My weekly fitness regime is designed to incorporate a mix of strength training and circuit training, providing me with a well-rounded approach to staying fit and healthy.

I prioritise strength training, which I engage in three times a week. I follow a structured program that targets different muscle groups and incorporates a combination of compound exercises, resistance training, and weightlifting. This allows me to challenge my muscles, improve my overall strength, and support my body's functional movements.

I also incorporate circuit training into my routine, one to two times a week. It's a dynamic and efficient way to challenge my cardiovascular fitness while also engaging my muscles.

I also believe in the importance of listening to my body and adjusting my routine accordingly. If I feel fatigued or need additional recovery, I give myself the flexibility to modify my training schedule or intensity.

Lenard enjoyed playing tennis and cricket in his younger days.
Lenard enjoyed playing tennis and cricket in his younger days. (PHOTO: Cheryl Tay)

Q: When you were younger, were you active in sports/fitness?

A: I've always had a passion for staying active and participating in sports. As a kid, you could often find me running around the neighbourhood with my friends, engaging in friendly competitions and games.

While I didn't participate in competitive sports during my school years, I still had a strong inclination towards staying fit and active. I enjoyed playing tennis and cricket as a recreational CCA, but I wouldn't consider myself a competitive athlete in those sports. However, I recognised the importance of maintaining physical fitness and took the initiative to engage in regular exercise routines at home.

What did you get into as you got older?

I explored different avenues to keep myself active, including gym workouts, swimming and tennis. I would also take short jogs with my wife and children. Engaging in these activities not only helped me maintain my physical well-being but also provided a sense of mental clarity and stress relief.

While my sporting endeavours may have taken a backseat due to the demands of adulthood, I've always maintained a deep appreciation for the value of staying active. It's a mindset that I carry with me to this day, as I strive to find a balance between my professional and personal commitments while prioritising my health and fitness.

What made you start going to the gym and getting more serious about your routine?

Several factors prompted me to make a conscious decision to prioritise my fitness and adopt a more dedicated gym routine. It all started with a health check-up I took in March, which revealed that my bad cholesterol levels were above the healthy range.

The news was a wake-up call for me. I realised that I needed to take proactive steps to improve my overall health. Additionally, I had been noticing some unwanted changes in my body, such as weight gain, persistent skin rashes, and an increased frequency of falling sick. These symptoms further emphasised the need for me to make positive changes in my lifestyle.

Motivated by these factors, I decided to embark on a journey of regular exercise and gym workouts. As I committed to my gym routine, I experienced significant improvements. My bad cholesterol levels returned to a healthy range, I managed to shed the excess weight, and my persistent skin rashes miraculously cleared up. Perhaps most importantly, I found that I was falling sick far less frequently.

These outcomes served as powerful motivators for me to continue my fitness journey. My gym routine became an integral part of my lifestyle, helping me not only improve my physical fitness but also enhance my overall quality of life.

An episode with bad cholesterol compelled Lenard to put in more effort in maintaining his fitness.
An episode with bad cholesterol compelled Lenard to put in more effort in maintaining his fitness. (PHOTO: Cheryl Tay)

Did your views on fitness change after becoming a father?

Absolutely, becoming a father has had a profound impact on my views and approach to fitness.

Before becoming a father, my focus on fitness was primarily centred around my personal goals and aspirations. However, once I held my child in my arms, I realised that my own well-being directly influences my ability to care for and be present for my family. It became clear that taking care of myself was not just about personal satisfaction but also about being the best possible role model for my children.

Becoming a father brought a heightened sense of responsibility and a desire to set a positive example for my children. By incorporating regular exercise, nutritious eating habits, and self-care practices into my routine, I aim to instil in them the value of taking care of their bodies and minds.

Additionally, fatherhood introduced new physical challenges and demands. Whether it's keeping up with an energetic toddler or participating in outdoor activities with my children, I realised the necessity of maintaining strength, endurance, and flexibility to actively engage and bond with them. Regular exercise and fitness training have become a means to meet these challenges head-on.

My children depend on me not only for physical support, but also for emotional stability and guidance. Prioritising my mental health through activities like mindfulness, stress management, and self-reflection has become a vital aspect of my fitness journey. It enables me to show up as a calm and present father, ready to tackle the joys and challenges of parenting.

What are your fitness goals now?

As a husband, father, son and entrepreneur, my fitness goals revolve around maintaining a healthy and balanced lifestyle that supports my various roles and responsibilities.

First and foremost, my goal is to prioritise my overall health. By incorporating regular exercise into my routine, I strive to enhance my strength, endurance, and cardiovascular fitness. This ensures that I have the energy and vitality needed to fulfil my roles as a husband, father, and son, while also meeting the demands of my entrepreneurial endeavours.

As a husband and father, I aspire to be a positive role model for my family. One of my fitness goals is to encourage a healthy and active lifestyle for my loved ones. This involves engaging in physical activities together, such as family hikes, bike rides, or participating in sports as a way to bond and create lasting memories.

Lastly, as an entrepreneur, I understand the significance of maintaining high levels of productivity and focus. Regular exercise and fitness play a vital role in optimising my mental acuity and boosting my creativity.

Lenard's fitness goals revolve around maintaining a healthy and balanced lifestyle that supports his various roles and responsibilities.
Lenard's fitness goals revolve around maintaining a healthy and balanced lifestyle that supports his various roles and responsibilities. (PHOTO: Cheryl Tay)

I'm sure you get asked this a lot – how do you maintain your physique?

It's all about commitment and showing up, even on those days when I'd rather cosy up on the couch. I've mastered the art of dragging myself to the gym, no matter what.

Of course, exercise alone won't cut it. Fuelling my body with a healthy diet is key. I’ve kept greasy temptations to only when necessary and embraced nutritious, wholesome foods. It's like giving my body a VIP ticket to a nutrition party.

I also make sure to catch a good night’s sleep and micro naps during the day when I can. It's during those tranquil slumbers that the magic happens, allowing my muscles to recover and rejuvenate.

Now, here's the secret ingredient: to laugh your abs off. While I'm busy crunching and sweating at the gym, I also make sure to have a good laugh, surround myself with positive energy and enjoy the process.

As a father of four boys, how do you hope to inspire your boys?

My pack of four boys are my pride and joy, and inspiring them is at the top of my dad goals list. As their father, I aspire to be a source of inspiration in various ways.

I want my boys to witness firsthand the power of hard work, perseverance, and a positive mindset. Whether it's pursuing my own passions or striving for personal growth, I hope to show them that, with dedication and a can-do attitude, anything is possible.

I hope to inspire my boys to embrace an active lifestyle, teaching them the joy and benefits of staying fit and taking care of their bodies. In addition to physical health, I encourage open communication, empathy, and respect within our family. By nurturing a safe and supportive environment, I hope to instil in them the values of kindness, compassion, and strong interpersonal relationships.

Furthermore, I believe in the power of education and continuous learning. I want to ignite their curiosity and passion for knowledge, encouraging them to explore various subjects, pursue their interests, and never stop seeking personal growth.

Above all, I aspire to be their biggest cheerleader, supporting their dreams and aspirations unconditionally. I want them to know that I believe in them and that they have the power to create a positive impact in the world.

Lenard and his four sons.
Lenard and his four sons. (PHOTO: Lenard Chew)

When you were younger, did you experience any incidents that made you feel insecure about yourself?

During my younger years, I played sports recreationally and for school, but I never quite reached the top of the game. I wasn't the most athletic or skilled player, which sometimes made me feel mediocre compared to those who excelled in sports. It was a challenge not being at the pinnacle of athletic success, but those experiences taught me valuable lessons about humility, determination, and self-acceptance.

Looking back, I recognise that everyone's path is unique, and it's the combination of our experiences and mindset that shape us. While competitive sports may have offered a different trajectory, I believe that the lessons I've learned through self-discovery, challenges, and maintaining a healthy lifestyle have provided me with a well-rounded view of life. They have taught me to embrace my strengths, celebrate my progress, and find fulfilment in personal growth rather than comparing myself to others.

When did you feel the least confident about yourself?

There was a time when I felt a dip in my self-assurance, and it coincided with my initial focus on fitness and going to the gym. It all began when I started immersing myself in fitness-related information, whether through reading or browsing social media. The overwhelming noise and conflicting messages on what it means to be fit began to confuse me and chip away at my confidence.

To regain my sense of self and regain confidence, I made a conscious decision to distance myself from social media. I recognised that constantly comparing myself to others and getting caught up in the "highlight reel" of fitness influencers was detrimental to my mental well-being. Instead, I focused on embracing my own journey and reminding myself that my worth goes beyond external appearances.

Ultimately, the journey to regaining confidence was about finding my own voice, staying true to my values, and surrounding myself with a support system that uplifted me. By prioritising my mental and emotional well-being, focusing on my faith, and cherishing the love and support of my loved ones, I was able to overcome my insecurities and embrace a more confident outlook.

Did you ever struggle with your body?

The struggle with my body and weight began when I received the news that my bad cholesterol levels were above the healthy range. It was a wake-up call that made me realise the importance of taking charge of my health and making positive changes.

In addition to the elevated bad cholesterol, I also experienced recurring rashes around my chest, back, and abdomen. These skin irritations served as a constant reminder that my body was trying to communicate with me. They compelled me to examine my dietary habits, exercise routines and overall lifestyle.

One aspect of my struggle was my misconception that putting on weight would automatically translate into becoming bulkier and having a better build. This mindset fuelled my desire to achieve a certain aesthetic without considering the broader picture of overall health.

However, these challenges became catalysts for positive change. I began to educate myself about nutrition, seeking a better understanding of the impact that food choices have on the body. I gradually adopted a healthier diet, and learnt to appreciate the importance of regular exercise beyond its impact on weight.

Throughout this journey, I realised that achieving a healthy body weight is not solely about appearance but also about nurturing overall well-being. It's about finding harmony within oneself and prioritising long-term health over short-term aesthetic goals.

Have you ever received any comments about your body? If you could change anything about yourself, would you?

I have received some lovely compliments from family, friends and kind strangers regarding my appearance. While I value and cherish these positive comments, I believe that true beauty comes from within, and I strive to focus on cultivating a loving and caring attitude towards myself and others.

If I could change anything about myself, it would be to have had more guidance and coaching on health and fitness while growing up. However, the experiences and lessons I've gained along the way have shaped me into the person I am today, and I'm grateful for the opportunity to continually improve and inspire others through my own journey.

In the end, I embrace the unique quirks and comments about my body. What matters most to me is cultivating a nurturing and healthy lifestyle, both for myself and as a role model for my children. It's about finding joy in the journey, cherishing the moments with my family, and continually striving to be the best version of myself.

Singapore #Fitspo of the Week: Lenard Chew. (PHOTO: Cheryl Tay)

Singapore #Fitspo of the Week: Lenard Chew (15 Aug 2023)

Singapore #Fitspo of the Week Lenard Chew is a tuition business owner.
Singapore #Fitspo of the Week Lenard Chew is a tuition business owner. (PHOTO: Cheryl Tay)

Name: Lenard Chew (@lillychews)

Height: 1.72m

Weight: 73kg

Food: I've adopted a flexible approach that keeps both my taste buds and waistline happy.

For dinner, I have the privilege of enjoying my mother-in-law's delightful Chinese food, and I'm fortunate that her meals consist of about 70 per cent vegetables and 30 per cent meat. I skip rice and other carbs during dinner, allowing me to focus on the nutritious goodness of the veggies and lean proteins.

When it comes to lunch, I often dine out. While I try not to be too picky, I still make sure to include a plate or bowl of rice or noodles with a generous serving of vegetables and meat. It's all about finding that balance between indulgence and nourishment.

Exercise: My weekly fitness regime is designed to incorporate a mix of strength training and circuit training, providing me with a well-rounded approach to staying fit and healthy.

I prioritise strength training, which I engage in three times a week. I follow a structured program that targets different muscle groups and incorporates a combination of compound exercises, resistance training, and weightlifting. This allows me to challenge my muscles, improve my overall strength, and support my body's functional movements.

I also incorporate circuit training into my routine, one to two times a week. It's a dynamic and efficient way to challenge my cardiovascular fitness while also engaging my muscles.

I also believe in the importance of listening to my body and adjusting my routine accordingly. If I feel fatigued or need additional recovery, I give myself the flexibility to modify my training schedule or intensity.

Lenard enjoyed playing tennis and cricket in his younger days.
Lenard enjoyed playing tennis and cricket in his younger days. (PHOTO: Cheryl Tay)

Q: When you were younger, were you active in sports/fitness?

A: I've always had a passion for staying active and participating in sports. As a kid, you could often find me running around the neighbourhood with my friends, engaging in friendly competitions and games.

While I didn't participate in competitive sports during my school years, I still had a strong inclination towards staying fit and active. I enjoyed playing tennis and cricket as a recreational CCA, but I wouldn't consider myself a competitive athlete in those sports. However, I recognised the importance of maintaining physical fitness and took the initiative to engage in regular exercise routines at home.

What did you get into as you got older?

I explored different avenues to keep myself active, including gym workouts, swimming and tennis. I would also take short jogs with my wife and children. Engaging in these activities not only helped me maintain my physical well-being but also provided a sense of mental clarity and stress relief.

While my sporting endeavours may have taken a backseat due to the demands of adulthood, I've always maintained a deep appreciation for the value of staying active. It's a mindset that I carry with me to this day, as I strive to find a balance between my professional and personal commitments while prioritising my health and fitness.

What made you start going to the gym and getting more serious about your routine?

Several factors prompted me to make a conscious decision to prioritise my fitness and adopt a more dedicated gym routine. It all started with a health check-up I took in March, which revealed that my bad cholesterol levels were above the healthy range.

The news was a wake-up call for me. I realised that I needed to take proactive steps to improve my overall health. Additionally, I had been noticing some unwanted changes in my body, such as weight gain, persistent skin rashes, and an increased frequency of falling sick. These symptoms further emphasised the need for me to make positive changes in my lifestyle.

Motivated by these factors, I decided to embark on a journey of regular exercise and gym workouts. As I committed to my gym routine, I experienced significant improvements. My bad cholesterol levels returned to a healthy range, I managed to shed the excess weight, and my persistent skin rashes miraculously cleared up. Perhaps most importantly, I found that I was falling sick far less frequently.

These outcomes served as powerful motivators for me to continue my fitness journey. My gym routine became an integral part of my lifestyle, helping me not only improve my physical fitness but also enhance my overall quality of life.

An episode with bad cholesterol compelled Lenard to put in more effort in maintaining his fitness.
An episode with bad cholesterol compelled Lenard to put in more effort in maintaining his fitness. (PHOTO: Cheryl Tay)

Did your views on fitness change after becoming a father?

Absolutely, becoming a father has had a profound impact on my views and approach to fitness.

Before becoming a father, my focus on fitness was primarily centred around my personal goals and aspirations. However, once I held my child in my arms, I realised that my own well-being directly influences my ability to care for and be present for my family. It became clear that taking care of myself was not just about personal satisfaction but also about being the best possible role model for my children.

Becoming a father brought a heightened sense of responsibility and a desire to set a positive example for my children. By incorporating regular exercise, nutritious eating habits, and self-care practices into my routine, I aim to instil in them the value of taking care of their bodies and minds.

Additionally, fatherhood introduced new physical challenges and demands. Whether it's keeping up with an energetic toddler or participating in outdoor activities with my children, I realised the necessity of maintaining strength, endurance, and flexibility to actively engage and bond with them. Regular exercise and fitness training have become a means to meet these challenges head-on.

My children depend on me not only for physical support, but also for emotional stability and guidance. Prioritising my mental health through activities like mindfulness, stress management, and self-reflection has become a vital aspect of my fitness journey. It enables me to show up as a calm and present father, ready to tackle the joys and challenges of parenting.

What are your fitness goals now?

As a husband, father, son and entrepreneur, my fitness goals revolve around maintaining a healthy and balanced lifestyle that supports my various roles and responsibilities.

First and foremost, my goal is to prioritise my overall health. By incorporating regular exercise into my routine, I strive to enhance my strength, endurance, and cardiovascular fitness. This ensures that I have the energy and vitality needed to fulfil my roles as a husband, father, and son, while also meeting the demands of my entrepreneurial endeavours.

As a husband and father, I aspire to be a positive role model for my family. One of my fitness goals is to encourage a healthy and active lifestyle for my loved ones. This involves engaging in physical activities together, such as family hikes, bike rides, or participating in sports as a way to bond and create lasting memories.

Lastly, as an entrepreneur, I understand the significance of maintaining high levels of productivity and focus. Regular exercise and fitness play a vital role in optimising my mental acuity and boosting my creativity.

Lenard's fitness goals revolve around maintaining a healthy and balanced lifestyle that supports his various roles and responsibilities.
Lenard's fitness goals revolve around maintaining a healthy and balanced lifestyle that supports his various roles and responsibilities. (PHOTO: Cheryl Tay)

I'm sure you get asked this a lot – how do you maintain your physique?

It's all about commitment and showing up, even on those days when I'd rather cosy up on the couch. I've mastered the art of dragging myself to the gym, no matter what.

Of course, exercise alone won't cut it. Fuelling my body with a healthy diet is key. I’ve kept greasy temptations to only when necessary and embraced nutritious, wholesome foods. It's like giving my body a VIP ticket to a nutrition party.

I also make sure to catch a good night’s sleep and micro naps during the day when I can. It's during those tranquil slumbers that the magic happens, allowing my muscles to recover and rejuvenate.

Now, here's the secret ingredient: to laugh your abs off. While I'm busy crunching and sweating at the gym, I also make sure to have a good laugh, surround myself with positive energy and enjoy the process.

As a father of four boys, how do you hope to inspire your boys?

My pack of four boys are my pride and joy, and inspiring them is at the top of my dad goals list. As their father, I aspire to be a source of inspiration in various ways.

I want my boys to witness firsthand the power of hard work, perseverance, and a positive mindset. Whether it's pursuing my own passions or striving for personal growth, I hope to show them that, with dedication and a can-do attitude, anything is possible.

I hope to inspire my boys to embrace an active lifestyle, teaching them the joy and benefits of staying fit and taking care of their bodies. In addition to physical health, I encourage open communication, empathy, and respect within our family. By nurturing a safe and supportive environment, I hope to instil in them the values of kindness, compassion, and strong interpersonal relationships.

Furthermore, I believe in the power of education and continuous learning. I want to ignite their curiosity and passion for knowledge, encouraging them to explore various subjects, pursue their interests, and never stop seeking personal growth.

Above all, I aspire to be their biggest cheerleader, supporting their dreams and aspirations unconditionally. I want them to know that I believe in them and that they have the power to create a positive impact in the world.

Lenard and his four sons.
Lenard and his four sons. (PHOTO: Lenard Chew)

When you were younger, did you experience any incidents that made you feel insecure about yourself?

During my younger years, I played sports recreationally and for school, but I never quite reached the top of the game. I wasn't the most athletic or skilled player, which sometimes made me feel mediocre compared to those who excelled in sports. It was a challenge not being at the pinnacle of athletic success, but those experiences taught me valuable lessons about humility, determination, and self-acceptance.

Looking back, I recognise that everyone's path is unique, and it's the combination of our experiences and mindset that shape us. While competitive sports may have offered a different trajectory, I believe that the lessons I've learned through self-discovery, challenges, and maintaining a healthy lifestyle have provided me with a well-rounded view of life. They have taught me to embrace my strengths, celebrate my progress, and find fulfilment in personal growth rather than comparing myself to others.

When did you feel the least confident about yourself?

There was a time when I felt a dip in my self-assurance, and it coincided with my initial focus on fitness and going to the gym. It all began when I started immersing myself in fitness-related information, whether through reading or browsing social media. The overwhelming noise and conflicting messages on what it means to be fit began to confuse me and chip away at my confidence.

To regain my sense of self and regain confidence, I made a conscious decision to distance myself from social media. I recognised that constantly comparing myself to others and getting caught up in the "highlight reel" of fitness influencers was detrimental to my mental well-being. Instead, I focused on embracing my own journey and reminding myself that my worth goes beyond external appearances.

Ultimately, the journey to regaining confidence was about finding my own voice, staying true to my values, and surrounding myself with a support system that uplifted me. By prioritising my mental and emotional well-being, focusing on my faith, and cherishing the love and support of my loved ones, I was able to overcome my insecurities and embrace a more confident outlook.

Did you ever struggle with your body?

The struggle with my body and weight began when I received the news that my bad cholesterol levels were above the healthy range. It was a wake-up call that made me realise the importance of taking charge of my health and making positive changes.

In addition to the elevated bad cholesterol, I also experienced recurring rashes around my chest, back, and abdomen. These skin irritations served as a constant reminder that my body was trying to communicate with me. They compelled me to examine my dietary habits, exercise routines and overall lifestyle.

One aspect of my struggle was my misconception that putting on weight would automatically translate into becoming bulkier and having a better build. This mindset fuelled my desire to achieve a certain aesthetic without considering the broader picture of overall health.

However, these challenges became catalysts for positive change. I began to educate myself about nutrition, seeking a better understanding of the impact that food choices have on the body. I gradually adopted a healthier diet, and learnt to appreciate the importance of regular exercise beyond its impact on weight.

Throughout this journey, I realised that achieving a healthy body weight is not solely about appearance but also about nurturing overall well-being. It's about finding harmony within oneself and prioritising long-term health over short-term aesthetic goals.

Have you ever received any comments about your body? If you could change anything about yourself, would you?

I have received some lovely compliments from family, friends and kind strangers regarding my appearance. While I value and cherish these positive comments, I believe that true beauty comes from within, and I strive to focus on cultivating a loving and caring attitude towards myself and others.

If I could change anything about myself, it would be to have had more guidance and coaching on health and fitness while growing up. However, the experiences and lessons I've gained along the way have shaped me into the person I am today, and I'm grateful for the opportunity to continually improve and inspire others through my own journey.

In the end, I embrace the unique quirks and comments about my body. What matters most to me is cultivating a nurturing and healthy lifestyle, both for myself and as a role model for my children. It's about finding joy in the journey, cherishing the moments with my family, and continually striving to be the best version of myself.

Wow. Nowadays lean bods are the new dad bod huh...

Wow. Nowadays lean bods are the new dad bod huh...

Agree with you and this daddy's bod isn't too bad... and and and he is so 'productive' with 4 kids, some more all are sons!! Haha.