Male HQ

Do Chinese Guys Only Go For Chinese Guys? + Why do Chinese prefer also Chinese? (compiled)

1 hour ago, camus said:

Let’s ask the Malays and Indians in this forum: do you all prefer your own race for relationship or ONS?

You'll get different answers to this, and there's absolutely nothing wrong with either answers, as long as its truly a 'preference' in that they are still open to others as well and not exclude anyone solely due to race. 

I'm just going to quote @Steven94 here on this. 

On ‎2‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 11:57 PM, Steven94 said:

Hmmm iirc, we stick to what we think are homogenous to us, or by popular choices. The more contact with a particular race, the better the comfort level/preference is of that race. There are also other factors such as the influence of culture, stereotypes, and upbringing. Also, it doesn't help that skin colour is often discriminated.

That would explain why the minorities are comfortable with the majority group such as Chinese, while they may not be more comfortable with their own group, likely due to the influence of media. 

In fact all of his posts on this thread (Page 1) addresses the whole 'preference' issue and it being overused perfectly, but it looks like it falls upon blind eyes as evident in the posts that follow over the pages after with more justifying their usage of 'preference', which is sad but not really surprising. 

@camus Answering your question honestly, personally I feel if I were to get into a relationship with someone it would likely be of another race than my own, solely due to the natural level of contact I have with them (being the predominant race and all) as opposed to those of my own race, but I wouldn't exclude my race (or any at all) in its entirety, much less justify doing so as a mere 'preference'. 

Essentially it all comes down to loosely dropping the word 'preference' when this has actually become somewhat of a real issue (racial profiling) for some those in the minorities, while others have learnt to accept things as they are in our society and move on. I think enough has been said in the previous pages and as I've said, any real discussion points made doesn't seem to get anywhere so...yeah I'm not gonna comment any further. 

Just putting this here for new readers who are lazy to look back at previous pages 

On ‎2‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 2:37 AM, Steven94 said:

I shall summarize some new points

1. Racism is never justifiable, this applies to sexual racism and having any racial preferences in romantic/sexual interest is racist. A study finds that sexual racists is closely associated with generic racist attitudes [1].
  2. Must a trait be needed that exists dominantly in a certain racial profile, it must be done specific to the trait and not the race. For example, if the sole requirement of the employment is the ability to speak mandarin, the interview must also access all interviewees from ALL races that have indicate their mandarin-speaking ability.
  3. Preferring skin colour without the indication of race is Colourism and not Racism. While both are quite similar, they can draw different conclusions. Both are unjustifiable.

You guys should already have known that the norm is not necessary right – this includes the ever-common indication of racial preferences in any profile. It is downright sad when I have people asking if I am fine with their certain race for a conversation. Our community actions have negatively impacted the minorities by not realizing the consequences of indicating and showing such unjustifiable “personal preferences”. While it is observable that some minorities are following the trend, this does not change the issue that racial profiling is wrong. In fact, this highlights the becoming of an immense issue that even the minorities are having to accept that they are fine with it. No one should be subjected to belittle because of their race.

[1] - “many gay and bisexual men seem to perceive sexual racism as an acceptable practice and resist the idea that sexual or romantic interest can be considered racist”

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/279863184_Is_Sexual_Racism_Really_Racism_Distinguishing_Attitudes_Toward_Sexual_Racism_and_Generic_Racism_Among_Gay_and_Bisexual_Men

It is our choices…that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.

Being attracted to people of the same race as you shouldn't be wrong as long as it's biological.

Similarly to how dominant, testosterone-driven men (especially straight men) and animals tend to spread their seed to different herds/clans (like how straight men are keenly interested to have sex with foreign women of different races), less dominant, submissive and maternalistic men, women and animals may find a mate within their own clan to be more attractive, as biology wants to ensure the preservation of genes, species, etc., and also because it's easier to trust a mate of the same clan to raise the offspring and to remain loyal, when there is no open-minded exposure, exploration and investigation of the other clans.

Sometimes, to some men, a man of the same race may remind you of "home." He, who is of the same race, could remind of your a caring family member or a parent. It's not uncommon to be attracted to a motherly/fatherly figure (who is not your parent or family member, of course). Even the straights say: "I will take care of you like your father" and/or "I want a woman who will also be a mother as a well as a wife to me". A person of the same race can also trigger mating instincts in you due to aspects like familiarity, security, trust (as I mentioned above) and the instinct of settling down and starting a family blooming within yourself. For most of us, the "happy family" we wish to create is much like the family we grew up in; which of course, usually consists of family members of the same race.

Remember that we homosexuals, as it all boils down, are merely attracted to men. That is all. We still have mating and parental instincts within us as all humans do.

With that being said, it shouldn't be wrong to be attracted to someone of another race too. Besides the point made above about spreading your seed to everywhere possible, you could instead be seeking variety, you may find other races as more appealing, you may be fascinated of their culture, or you could be brought up in a environment where the other race is more prevalent (in reality, or even in popular media). Hence why American women regardless of race are attracted to white men, and why lots of Malaysian women love Korean men too. Or you could have your own reasons, provided they are rational and practical. (Same goes to those attracted to the same race, you could have other reasons, as long as they are rational and practical.)

Ultimately it is up to you to explore and learn. But shaming men of other races, or those of your race that are attracted to other races, because of your narrow-mindedness and misconceptions [of the other races] are totally not cool.

It could be true that everyone has their own prejudices. But it is important that one overcomes them. No human is less or more worthy & deserving than the other human and yourself. Clinging on to your prejudices and narrow views might possibly point out undesirable traits in yourself, like a weak sense of security, the fear of change and a fear of the new, etc.

Last year, I met a really pretty and handsome looking Indian, and he's very very dark-skinned. Lots of dark-skinned Indians that I've been attracted to so far are hot and masculine but not that pretty. Never have I seen a dark-skinned Indian that is as pretty, handsome and masculine at the same time as him. Even Chinese men and women find him attractive too! He has a symmetrical, model-like face, attractive eyes, super soft skin, and such great hair that I might just give a blowjob to it if gives him pleasure and it wouldn't ruin his hair lol. He even looks as great, with and without facial hair and moustache! And he's attractively slim. Nothing like your typical image of an Indian, right? I only wish he was gay, sigh. So, as you can see; ultimately, racial prejudices and misconceptions are just plain stupid. Drop those heavy sandbags of hate from your loving soul, and fly free, high and majestically like a hot air baloon. :)

Edited by Libra_Capricorn

Guest Not hiding
On 2/17/2018 at 4:00 AM, zyjd said:

C'mon, do you expect idiots to know who those people are? To them the only Chinese in the world is Jackie Chan. I bet my last coin they wouldn't know the name of the current premier of China is.

Mao Tse Tung?

9 hours ago, JamesAdmas said:

LMAO........ I checked the profile later and the person has identifed himself as chinese in some discussion topics. Point is not whether he does not like some races... your personal like and dislike even if its based on race  is a legit thing( i dont give bullshit abt who say its not everyone who does that or there are bad apples every where). Even these people have the right to hookup and with people of their like. It is not some top job selection where ur merit shud matter.

But to "white wash" your profile, which to me appears like an attempt to climb social pedestal of likability( i do ascribe to feeling that an average white joe would always get a good headstart above all races). And then use that position to exclude some from your preference speaks very loudly about your lack of empathy. Atleast either one shud not identify themselves publicly otherwise or at the very least like the avg white joe :P, on whose butt you stepped to get click baits..... just my few dollars worth....

I like your use of “whitewash”term!!!and yes u r right about nothing wrong w stating your own preference!

n “It is not some top job selection where ur merit shud matter”

10 hours ago, camus said:

Let’s ask the Malays and Indians in this forum: do you all prefer your own race for relationship or ONS?

i really thought this topic was closed, but since some want to rehash...

if malays and indians prefer their own race then you cannot 'blame' chinese from also preferring their own race.

if malays and indians prefer chinese then you also cannot 'blame' chinese from also preferring their own race.

hope this is the end of this topic lol

30 minutes ago, camus said:

i really thought this topic was closed, but since some want to rehash...

if malays and indians prefer their own race then you cannot 'blame' chinese from also preferring their own race.

if malays and indians prefer chinese then you also cannot 'blame' chinese from also preferring their own race.

hope this is the end of this topic lol

LPPL

this is a good one! 

• 2 weeks later...

That's such a generalizing statement though. Racial preference does exist, not just with Chinese people, but every other race does this.

Of course it's nice to find someone that you can speak the same language with but everyone just have different preference.

Guest Sucks

Talk so much is just about choosing anal sex. Anyway, I never had any contacts with a Malay before. Not because I am racist, but I know that I will not do anything for certain reason, not even kiss.

10 minutes ago, Guest Sucks said:

Talk so much is just about choosing anal sex. Anyway, I never had any contacts with a Malay before. Not because I am racist, but I know that I will not do anything for certain reason, not even kiss.

What is the reason? May i know?

On 3/11/2018 at 12:44 PM, Libra_Capricorn said:

Being attracted to people of the same race as you shouldn't be wrong as long as it's biological.

What is "attraction" here but a biological effect?  Otherwise, it is gravity, electrostatics, magnetism and other physical forces of attraction and repulsion.

On 3/11/2018 at 12:44 PM, Libra_Capricorn said:

-----

Last year, I met a really pretty and handsome looking Indian, and he's very very dark-skinned. Lots of dark-skinned Indians that I've been attracted to so far are hot and masculine but not that pretty. Never have I seen a dark-skinned Indian that is as pretty, handsome and masculine at the same time as him. Even Chinese men and women find him attractive too! He has a symmetrical, model-like face, attractive eyes, super soft skin, and such great hair that I might just give a blowjob to it if gives him pleasure and it wouldn't ruin his hair lol. He even looks as great, with and without facial hair and moustache! And he's attractively slim. Nothing like your typical image of an Indian, right? I only wish he was gay, sigh. So, as you can see; ultimately, racial prejudices and misconceptions are just plain stupid. Drop those heavy sandbags of hate from your loving soul, and fly free, high and majestically like a hot air baloon. :)

One example does not contradict a generalization.  With just ONE example you cannot invalidate racial prejudices and misconceptions.  You cannot even call them stupid prejudices and misconceptions if they are based on the norm.  In thousands of judgments we are guided by the norm.  And you cannot even speak of heavy sandbags of hate.  Where is hate here?

My preference are young Asians with light, soft, hairless skin, slim and well proportioned, not too tall, not very muscular, with the beauty of a girl and the strength of a boy.  This DOES NOT mean that I hate anyone who does not fit this model.  

Guest Guest

Young people, unless they travelled and lived overseas as children, prefer familiarity. They grew up surrounded by media defining what type of person is "attractive". He is the leading man in a movie, the lead singer of a band, the designated hunk in a TV series. Media caters to the demographic majority because it is dependent on advertising. It must show images that people like to see, and not be too challenging. For example, Beyoncé would never be cast as the leading man's romance in a movie meant for China because she's considered fat and unattractive by Chinese standards. 

So, it takes a certain level of maturity and intelligence to be open to the idea of finding other races attractive. It requires evaluation of what "attractive" really means to yourself, and going beyond one's comfort zone. 

People are attractive in so many ways that race cannot describe. Defining an entire race of people as unattractive is so unfair and ultimately racist. It shows that when they look at the faces of other races, they cannot see beyond the caricatures of race that they grew up with. 

Guest willing
1 hour ago, Guest Guest said:

Young people, unless they travelled and lived overseas as children, prefer familiarity. They grew up surrounded by media defining what type of person is "attractive". He is the leading man in a movie, the lead singer of a band, the designated hunk in a TV series. Media caters to the demographic majority because it is dependent on advertising. It must show images that people like to see, and not be too challenging. For example, Beyoncé would never be cast as the leading man's romance in a movie meant for China because she's considered fat and unattractive by Chinese standards. 

So, it takes a certain level of maturity and intelligence to be open to the idea of finding other races attractive. It requires evaluation of what "attractive" really means to yourself, and going beyond one's comfort zone. 

People are attractive in so many ways that race cannot describe. Defining an entire race of people as unattractive is so unfair and ultimately racist. It shows that when they look at the faces of other races, they cannot see beyond the caricatures of race that they grew up with. 

makes sense...another way of seeing it...thanks

On ‎21‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 4:30 PM, leo yok loo said:

A friend of mine ( not close friend) has no issue with local chinese but he hates china man...i dont know what to say..

Topics regarding races are always sensitive.

This not difficult to understand. Given that behaviour of China men and women here are usually not very well accepted in terms of manerism. Of cos there r those who just wants sex

and is not bothered but this

Guest Tomato
8 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

Based on this theory, and  those mediacorp shows showcasing actors whom I always thought are really not good-looking (despite the many praises in the local context).  No wonder I always find that many Singaporeans' taste are kinda weird locally. I am a Chinese, and out of the 3 major races in Singapore, I can't help but find Malays being most attractive, followed by Indians.  As for the Chinese, it really has to be the Chinese nationals, followed by the Taiwanese/Malaysians, and lastly the Singaporeans.

I refer only to the facial featiures, excluding the Bs and the Cs.

Speaking as someone from the US, I'm not surprised about race issues being a problem in the rest of the world too. People tend to go with whatever is the "dominant" race in the media in the countries. It's a terrible problem.

Personally I don't have any racial hang ups. If I find them attractive, I find them attractive.

Guest chinese
10 minutes ago, TBuzzsaw said:

Speaking as someone from the US, I'm not surprised about race issues being a problem in the rest of the world too. People tend to go with whatever is the "dominant" race in the media in the countries. It's a terrible problem.

Personally I don't have any racial hang ups. If I find them attractive, I find them attractive.

you are not chinese so you wouldnt know why we chinese prefer chinese. The features of chinese men is much more attractive than the other race in Spore..smooth skin and porcelaine type features..

50 minutes ago, Guest chinese said:

you are not chinese so you wouldnt know why we chinese prefer chinese. The features of chinese men is much more attractive than the other race in Spore..smooth skin and porcelaine type features..

Then you are NOT Chinese. 

Don't read and response to guests' post

59 minutes ago, Guest chinese said:

Well guess what, I'm Chinese. A hairy tan Chinese, nothing like what you think we're like.

Stereotyping Chinese people with certain features is dumb. If you're looking for "smooth skin and porcelain features" it can still be found in other races.

Edited by TBuzzsaw

some liked it like the Khoo Tian Le (HK actor) tanned type, very sunny, very sporty feel

not all like the K pop style  ie white and porcelain type (our Chinese mothers maybe)

btw, I saw one in the sauna (blackish type Chinese - not that he purposely tanned himself but he is just towards the darker skin type) he was the one that told me that his mum , his sis etc and incldg himself all prefer it fair and white

Guest chinese
6 minutes ago, -Ignored- said:

some liked it like the Khoo Tian Le (HK actor) tanned type, very sunny, very sporty feel

not all like the K pop style  ie white and porcelain type (our Chinese mothers maybe)

btw, I saw one in the sauna (blackish type Chinese - not that he purposely tanned himself but he is just towards the darker skin type) he was the one that told me that his mum , his sis etc and incldg himself all prefer it fair and white

yup agree..prefer chinese fair and white

Guest racist
19 minutes ago, -Ignored- said:

wow.."blackish type chinese"...love the choice of words..well done!!

some sick  people we have in our midst!!

Guest Racist
2 hours ago, camus said:

you will only find it offensive if you associate 'black' with negative connotations.

So u think his skin was actually black?..as in the color black? So u think describing indian and African skin color as black is correct?

1 hour ago, Guest Racist said:

So u think his skin was actually black?..as in the color black? So u think describing indian and African skin color as black is correct?

caucasians describe themselves as white all the time.

african americans describe themselves as black too.

barney describes himself as purple.

it's just a colour. a description. if you associate it with something negative then it's your own problem, not someone else's.

Guest Racist
20 minutes ago, camus said:

caucasians describe themselves as white all the time.

african americans describe themselves as black too.

barney describes himself as purple.

it's just a colour. a description. if you associate it with something negative then it's your own problem, not someone else's.

U didn't answer my question..do u think it's ok to describe Indians in spore as black?

So what color would u describe Chinese?

Guest Racist
4 minutes ago, camus said:

chinese are yellow lor what else

i think indians are more brown than black

So don't u think it was rather rude or improper to refer the Chinese who was not yellow but darker tone than yellow as black Chinese and would have been proper to say dark Chinese?

I am just saying why can't we be more careful with our choice of words unless you are inherently racist..I do think u and -Ignored- have some disdain against the darker bro in spore..hahaha.. anyways it's your life...

2 minutes ago, Guest Racist said:

So don't u think it was rather rude or improper to refer the Chinese who was not yellow but darker tone than yellow as black Chinese and would have been proper to say dark Chinese?

I am just saying why can't we be more careful with our choice of words unless you are inherently racist..I do think u and -Ignored- have some disdain against the darker bro in spore..hahaha.. anyways it's your life...

So in your way of thinking it is ok to say “wah that girl so white”

But not ok to say “wah that girl so black”?

I think you have a chip on your shoulder about colours. Embrace your colour. You are holding negative connotations to certain colours and it’s not anyone’s problem but your own. Maybe it’s yourself that is inherently racist. 

As robert mugabe, president of Zimbabwe once said: 

1. Racism will never end as long as white cars are still using black tyres!
2. Racism Will never end as long we still wash first white clothes then other colours later!
3. Racism will never end if people still use black to symbolise bad luck and WHITE for peace!
4. Racism will never end if people still wear white clothes at weddings and black clothes at funerals!
5. Racism will never end as long as those who don’t pay their bills are blacklisted not whitelisted!
Even when playing the pool (snooker)a player will not win until he sinks the black ball but the white ball must remain on the table! BUT I don’t CARE SO LONG AS I’M STILL USING THE WHITE TOILET PAPER TO WIPE MY ASS! With that  only I will always be very FINE.

Guest Racist
Just now, camus said:

I think you have a chip on your shoulder about colours. Embrace your colour. You are holding negative connotations to certain colours and it’s not anyone’s problem but your own. Maybe it’s yourself that is inherently racist. 

2. Racism Will never end as long we still wash first white clothes then other colours later!
3. Racism will never end if people still use black to symbolise bad luck and WHITE for peace!
4. Racism will never end if people still wear white clothes at weddings and black clothes at funerals!
5. Racism will never end as long as those who don’t pay their bills are blacklisted not whitelisted!
Even when playing the pool (snooker)a player will not win until he sinks the black ball but the white ball must remain on the table! BUT I don’t CARE SO LONG AS I’M STILL USING THE WHITE TOILET PAPER TO WIPE MY ASS! With that  only I will always be very FINE.

I wonder how would the dark or tanned Chinese feel if u were to tell them.that they are black Chinese which u seem to think there is nothing wrong at all.

As for the rest of your ramblings..save it for someone else..

15 minutes ago, Guest Racist said:

I wonder how would the dark or tanned Chinese feel if u were to tell them.that they are black Chinese which u seem to think there is nothing wrong at all.

As for the rest of your ramblings..save it for someone else..

Frankly I think they (Chinese) can’t be bothered. It’s only certain people who get offended. 

Guest Haha!
26 minutes ago, TBuzzsaw said:

I joined this board to meet Singaporians when I visit only to find this place so toxic. Although it doesn't mean much considering I have a dick pic as my avatar I thought the people in the country was more forward thinking.

Singaporeans forward thinking...? Lol! They are so repressed by their restrictive society! 

4 hours ago, TBuzzsaw said:

I joined this board to meet Singaporians when I visit only to find this place so toxic. Although it doesn't mean much considering I have a dick pic as my avatar I thought the people in the country was more forward thinking.

there are Singaporeans who are not toxic. as for those you think they are, just leave them alone. do not let them spoil your day.

Guest racist
4 hours ago, TBuzzsaw said:

unfortunately you have a supposedly a doctor who commented that he sees nothing wrong in calling or describing a tanned chinese as blackish chinese. Thats how toxic some of them can be in Spore and these are the same people who will scream discrimination when they are discriminated based on color, race, nationality/ethnicity. They will never be the change that they want others to be..hypocritical much??..

His example of saying why is it ok to say wah that girl so white” But not ok to say “wah that girl so black”? shows how insensitive he is to the history of colorism and its impact on people with a darker skin tone. So when we see a chinese girl and say "wah so yellow" is ok?..I would have rather choosen a better way of saying "wah so pale to describe her skin tone ..you would have thought with a bit of education people would be a lot more sensitive but i guess not... 

Yeah in the English speaking countries you absolutely do not use the term white skin or black skin unless you want people to look at you funny. You say pale or dark. I'll be damned if someone tells me I have yellow skin.

It's just not on this thread though, I've noticed in other topics there is a thin racist undertone where us Chinese are put on some pedestal while Malays and Indian guys are getting looked passed. It's not blatantly obvious but you can definitely see it. I really thought with Singapore being more diverse compared to most other Asian countries it wouldn't be a problem.

On 2/14/2018 at 8:51 PM, Guest Curious said:

Why do chinese prefer also chinese?

one word: Racism.

in Singapore, it is so normalised that it has become acceptable.

in media, there is subtle racism, in how words are being used

to alienate or exclude other ethnicities.

even in education, i am not enough of one race to qualify for financial support.

before you say, i am entitled, this is the same subsidies and bursaries you probably received too.

by the way, i am biracial
so i've had it bad from both sides

🌑🌒🌓🌔🌕🌖🌗🌘🌑

8 hours ago, TBuzzsaw said:

You forgot that this board is not just for Singaporians but open to the whole world. Isn't it quite naive to pass judgement on a country by reading just a few posts. 

13 hours ago, camus said:

Nowadays, we seldom associate colour with race.  I normally use Caucasian instead of White.  White was used by our forefathers at a time when Asia was colonized by the West.  At that times, they thought white was the superior colour and other colours were associated with slaves and labourers. 

15 minutes ago, LeanMature said:

Nowadays, we seldom associate colour with race.  I normally use Caucasian instead of White.  White was used by our forefathers at a time when Asia was colonized by the West.  At that times, they thought white was the superior colour and other colours were associated with slaves and labourers. 

agree totally! wat era r we in?

sometimes when I said some penises seemed to be blackish : it means the skin appeared darker than normal, it has nothing to associate to slaves or whatever racist issues

• G_M changed the title to Do Chinese Guys Only Go For Chinese Guys? + Why do Chinese prefer also Chinese? (compiled)
  • Guest locked this topic
  • G_M unlocked this topic
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.