Male HQ

Pokemon Go [Now in SG]

Sinon

On 2017/7/25 at 3:46 PM, MeowPrince said:

My bf and I had a lot of headache with the raids on Sun too.  But a little chill helps.  I only got my birds yesterday, with all my raid passes on Sun wasted on runaways.  The official "catch rate" is supposedly to be just over 2%, but it seems that for most people, its closer to 25-50%.  I know there are cases of 100% hits for some lucky ones.  My BF caught his on first try for both birds, whereas I did not.  But he got a lot of error messages with the raids while I did not, though mine lagged like crazy.  So far the weekdays have been kinder to me, getting 1 of each bird yesterday and today, though I burned 5 attempts on Sunday with zero success.  Tomorrow one more try and I'd have used up my stockpile of coins.

One thing for catching the legendary birds though - try to go for raids in places with heavy traffic, eg town/cbd/popular spots (Hougang 401, MBS).  With more people fighting, it seems there is a better chance for good rewards.  Then catching the birds is a trick of waiting and aiming your balls.  Feeding them golden berry helps a bit too.  If you can, go for Great/Excellent throws all the time, and switch left/right-hand curveballs.  Your chances increase with them.  

Yeah.  The lag is horrible!

I find that the throws do not really affect the catch rate though. Previous Tyranitar raid like 6 great n excellent curve balls still ran away.. 

Then articuno just now threw a few curve balls with golden razz berries but it kept breaking out. Decided to just do a straight throw instead when i was down to my last premier ball and got it XD

Guest Poke Dot
3 hours ago, Samezuka said:

I find that the throws do not really affect the catch rate though. Previous Tyranitar raid like 6 great n excellent curve balls still ran away.. 

Then articuno just now threw a few curve balls with golden razz berries but it kept breaking out. Decided to just do a straight throw instead when i was down to my last premier ball and got it XD

Yeah Niantic is probably trolling everyone, most of mine were caught with lousy throws, today caught a pes A Loogi E/FS, with a critical catch somemore, no red ring even.

Contrary to niantics intention to bring people together using pokemon go, i found this to be a toxic and angry game.

Lets start with the raids. We have people who wishes to leech off others, dodging all the way with blisseys. Then it boils your blood after all that simmering when the raid boss runs away. 

Gym wise we have bastards who "shave" others in the same team so they can slot in their own. With introduction of golden berries we also have gym hoggers hogging several gym (do these people realize regardless of the number of gyms they hold its still limited to 50 coins per day?!)

I feel this game did a very good job bringing out the ugly side of humanity. Bravo.

23 hours ago, Samezuka said:

Contrary to niantics intention to bring people together...people who wishes to leech off others...bastards who "shave" others in the same team...gym hoggers hogging several gym...

I feel this game did a very good job bringing out the ugly side of humanity. Bravo.

Totally true...but I've also met lots of good guys fighting on the side of good. We grab our gyms together in the evenings, and when we meet jerks we share their names, so that when the occasion arises, these 'nasties' get punished!

Good people need solidarity :D

23 hours ago, Samezuka said:

Contrary to niantics intention to bring people together using pokemon go, i found this to be a toxic and angry game.

Lets start with the raids. We have people who wishes to leech off others, dodging all the way with blisseys. Then it boils your blood after all that simmering when the raid boss runs away. 

Gym wise we have bastards who "shave" others in the same team so they can slot in their own. With introduction of golden berries we also have gym hoggers hogging several gym (do these people realize regardless of the number of gyms they hold its still limited to 50 coins per day?!)

1. Yes it pisses ppl off big time with the legendary raid.(i finally caught my articuno but also a tier2)

2. I have encounter times when i am unable to change out those wtf pokes the AI selected in time, but dodging in a raid is kinda 2pid.. it need dps not siaming all the time.

3. the new gym system piss me off, basically i place my pokemon in before 5min it got taken down since when rival team are fighting the gym, we cant place our pokemon in result the 1st pokemon cant survive the fight then it will fall within mins.

4. when i am fighting legendary raid recently, i notice that there are too many player who use damn crappy pokemon to attack, i understand tat at time unable to change all the line up on time but once the line koed, they can heal return to fight again before the time end but most didnt come back to fight

On 30/07/2017 at 1:51 AM, Samezuka said:

7 hours ago, Cube3 said:

Totally true...but I've also met lots of good guys fighting on the side of good. We grab our gyms together in the evenings, and when we meet jerks we share their names, so that when the occasion arises, these 'nasties' get punished!

Good people need solidarity :D

6 hours ago, 4evaboring said:

1. Yes it pisses ppl off big time with the legendary raid.(i finally caught my articuno but also a tier2)

2. I have encounter times when i am unable to change out those wtf pokes the AI selected in time, but dodging in a raid is kinda 2pid.. it need dps not siaming all the time.

3. the new gym system piss me off, basically i place my pokemon in before 5min it got taken down since when rival team are fighting the gym, we cant place our pokemon in result the 1st pokemon cant survive the fight then it will fall within mins.

4. when i am fighting legendary raid recently, i notice that there are too many player who use damn crappy pokemon to attack, i understand tat at time unable to change all the line up on time but once the line koed, they can heal return to fight again before the time end but most didnt come back to fight

I think a few of us have shared useful ways of dealing with the headache of too-short occupancy in gyms.  And here is one more useful point for your mental health (and rage) -  Stay Away from the main PoGo Sg FB group - that's where all the incessant complainants cry and whine all the time - and makes it so miserable to read.

Whether it is old gym system (Blissey Stacks and spoofer attacks in Yellow Waves) or new gym system (easy takedown, berry-feeding, etc), there is bound to be something that makes someone unhappy.  So why let yourself be affected by it?  You can always "rage quit" to use the term coined earlier.  Or you can deal with it.

w.r.t. Gym Unhappiness

Previous posts have already shared some useful pointers - like changing your gym hours, targeting different gyms, finding kakis to help you.

It means walking further, so be it.  It means getting to know more people and making new friends (not necessarily LGBT), then go do it.  It means changing your pattern, go for it.  And coming from a tiny estate where the gyms change hands so frequently, I can tell you it works.  Especially the gymming hours part.

w.r.t. Raid Unhappiness

If it gives some consolation, I have not caught any additional raid boss since my first couple.  But I choose to see the benefit of the TMs, Rare Candy, and extra XP gained.  Which in themselves, is already a decent reward.

As for the types of clowns joining raids, ROFL, this is a darn good one.  Bf and I learnt our lesson to pick raids at sensible places and sensible timings.  Go think about it before you rage up and argue it.  When and where do you think are the better times and places to battle a raid?  At the very least where you can be assured of (1) enough trainers taking part, and (2) trainers who actually know what to do in a raid battle.  Because we ALL want to maximise our valuable raid passes right?

A real experience I had just last Thursday, when I joined a raid in Hougang against Articuno, with 1h05m left :-

15 pax joined, mostly level 30-35, a couple of 20+, and only one other 38-40.  
Real persons there was 12 (meaning 3 were probably "flyers").
Of the 12 pax there, 10 were uncles and aunties, retirees type.  One was a youngish woman
First round, raid timed out.  I almost wanted to strangle the uncles and aunties.  The youngish woman left after cursing at the group.

Why?  Because uncles and aunties threw vaporeon, snorlax, lapras, blissey and rhydon in.  And ridiculous movesets.  And dodged until die.
End up I had to spend a good 30+min teaching them what to do.  Demo+explain counters.  

After that, with 23min left on the raid timer, we went in again (with several flyers again) with a 18-pax group, took down the damned bird.  A couple of the old folks managed to catch Articuno.  I did not.  

If it had been you, how would you have responded to the situation.  It is a choice we all have.

Wishing all good luck hunting Moltres and Zapdos in the upcoming weeks.

Instagram @the_meowprince

@MeowPrince is SG version of Prof Oak, haha great that u can teach them...  

Caught my 2nd lugia but still a tier2 and it keep lagging and having some network issue ... my lugia 1987cp after throwing a few ball the game error i restart the app and it became 2037cp all of sudden but once i caught it it became 1987 again... so bugged

32 minutes ago, 4evaboring said:

Caught my 2nd lugia but still a tier2 and it keep lagging and having some network issue ... my lugia 1987cp after throwing a few ball the game error i restart the app and it became 2037cp all of sudden but once i caught it it became 1987 again... so bugged

Totally! Barely completed the afternoon raid at Asia Tower today, error and had to restart. Luckily raid still considered complete and Lugia reappeared (but no idea how many TMs, berries etc. rewarded - no record even in journal!) Catch started and threw the best set of ball I've ever thrown...mostly greats and one excellent, only one miss. But the Lugia still ran away.

It was 2056...100% Lugia!:blink:

8 hours ago, MeowPrince said:

I think a few of us have shared useful ways of dealing with the headache of too-short occupancy in gyms.  And here is one more useful point for your mental health (and rage) -  Stay Away from the main PoGo Sg FB group - that's where all the incessant complainants cry and whine all the time - and makes it so miserable to read.

Whether it is old gym system (Blissey Stacks and spoofer attacks in Yellow Waves) or new gym system (easy takedown, berry-feeding, etc), there is bound to be something that makes someone unhappy.  So why let yourself be affected by it?  You can always "rage quit" to use the term coined earlier.  Or you can deal with it.

w.r.t. Gym Unhappiness

Previous posts have already shared some useful pointers - like changing your gym hours, targeting different gyms, finding kakis to help you.

It means walking further, so be it.  It means getting to know more people and making new friends (not necessarily LGBT), then go do it.  It means changing your pattern, go for it.  And coming from a tiny estate where the gyms change hands so frequently, I can tell you it works.  Especially the gymming hours part.

w.r.t. Raid Unhappiness

If it gives some consolation, I have not caught any additional raid boss since my first couple.  But I choose to see the benefit of the TMs, Rare Candy, and extra XP gained.  Which in themselves, is already a decent reward.

As for the types of clowns joining raids, ROFL, this is a darn good one.  Bf and I learnt our lesson to pick raids at sensible places and sensible timings.  Go think about it before you rage up and argue it.  When and where do you think are the better times and places to battle a raid?  At the very least where you can be assured of (1) enough trainers taking part, and (2) trainers who actually know what to do in a raid battle.  Because we ALL want to maximise our valuable raid passes right?

A real experience I had just last Thursday, when I joined a raid in Hougang against Articuno, with 1h05m left :-

15 pax joined, mostly level 30-35, a couple of 20+, and only one other 38-40.  
Real persons there was 12 (meaning 3 were probably "flyers").
Of the 12 pax there, 10 were uncles and aunties, retirees type.  One was a youngish woman
First round, raid timed out.  I almost wanted to strangle the uncles and aunties.  The youngish woman left after cursing at the group.

Why?  Because uncles and aunties threw vaporeon, snorlax, lapras, blissey and rhydon in.  And ridiculous movesets.  And dodged until die.
End up I had to spend a good 30+min teaching them what to do.  Demo+explain counters.  

After that, with 23min left on the raid timer, we went in again (with several flyers again) with a 18-pax group, took down the damned bird.  A couple of the old folks managed to catch Articuno.  I did not.  

If it had been you, how would you have responded to the situation.  It is a choice we all have.

Wishing all good luck hunting Moltres and Zapdos in the upcoming weeks.

You are lucky those folks listened to you. Some are stubborn as a mule, or even worse. After all that explaination they still insisted on using blissey. Their logic? Can last longer in raid + dodge = stronger. They also sometimes look at you as if you are dispensing dodgy advise trying to cheat them of something. 

As for the gyms I have attempted changing the time to as late as possible, sometimes 1 to 2am. There will then be these shavers and hoggers kicking our pokemon out at around 3 to 4am. Its like sleep and work do not apply to these people. I still do not understand why they need to own an entire neighbourhood of gyms and deprive others a chance. 

It is a reality that these people are out to kill the experience. 

Edited by Samezuka

2 hours ago, Samezuka said:

You are lucky those folks listened to you. Some are stubborn as a mule, or even worse. After all that explaination they still insisted on using blissey. Their logic? Can last longer in raid + dodge = stronger. They also sometimes look at you as if you are dispensing dodgy advise trying to cheat them of something. 

As for the gyms I have attempted changing the time to as late as possible, sometimes 1 to 2am. There will then be these shavers and hoggers kicking our pokemon out at around 3 to 4am. Its like sleep and work do not apply to these people. I still do not understand why they need to own an entire neighbourhood of gyms and deprive others a chance. 

It is a reality that these people are out to kill the experience. 

happening to my neighbourhood too.. my neighbourhood whatsapp has shown a lot of player's true colours as well.. just because of two badges and coins that u can buy worth of 50 cents..

So it's the fire bird's turn to appear.. what have you got to counter it? Read that Golem and omastar are the best counters. I have got only a perfect Golem and used a TM to change mud slap to rock throw. Hopefully it can do good damage to the slightly more tanky bird to flareon. :) 

Be cool, like a breeze...

2 hours ago, Coolbriz said:

So it's the fire bird's turn to appear.. what have you got to counter it? Read that Golem and omastar are the best counters. I have got only a perfect Golem and used a TM to change mud slap to rock throw. Hopefully it can do good damage to the slightly more tanky bird to flareon. :) 

Using vaporeons, tyranitars, and rhydons. Stone edge and hydro pump FTW lol

Guest Poke Dot
1 hour ago, ArchDragon said:

I missed articuno.. :( too tough

If you didn't get the gold Skier or Bird Keeper medal, that's a little more odds stacked against you.

Few things I will try to look out for raid:

- same team gym (use sgpoke map raid filter)

- spin before joining raid

- if can complete relevant medal will be good

- gather enough ppl 

- achieve great throw and above 

- use relevant counter Pokémon. Put tanky Pokémon last to survive through battle 

- luck!

good luck guys and happy raiding! :) 

Edited by Coolbriz

On 31/07/2017 at 3:00 PM, 4evaboring said:

:swear:

The alternative would be to vomit blood.  They aren't worth my blood.  But I daresay I was lucky.  The place I picked had amenable folks.

43 minutes ago, Coolbriz said:

Few things I will try to look out for raid:

- same team gym (use sgpoke map raid filter)

- spin before joining raid

- if can complete relevant medal will be good

- gather enough ppl 

- achieve great throw and above 

- use relevant counter Pokémon. Put tanky Pokémon last to survive through battle 

- luck!

:clap:  I did not consider the medals.  Hehe.  My bad to assume that everyone would have gotten them all.....

I only managed to catch one mealsy firebird today, my second ran away.  :swear:
But I must say Moltres is a lot easier a boss to fight.  

5 minutes ago, ArchDragon said:

How do you guys even catch any of the birds? Im struggling to defeat it :( everyone is doing it so easily. is there something i'm missing or any mechanics that is unknown to me?

Never attempt any Legendary Bird Raid with <10 players. Go in with at least 10~15 (Articuno, Moltres, Zapdos) and 14~17 for Lugia. Also, try not to have too many level 2x players. It's gonna drag the battle. Go in with Type advantage (i.e. Tyranitar for Moltres/Zapdos/Lugia) or Pokémon with moves that have Type advantage. 

Other than that, I think it should be fine.

Edited by 13579

rsz_persona-5-illustration-111.jpg

For lugia: use tyranitar with bite and crunch coz of dark moves painful for psychic. Can use IceElectricRockGhost to take it down as well. 

For moltres: use pokemon with water move but dont be funny and use lapras/dewgong they are part ice type which is weak against fire. Moves like stone edge and rock slide are gd against the flying type so rhydon and tyranitar are still usable. My best bet will be Omastar who is both rock and water type which have stab move to kill moltres.

Edited by 4evaboring

41 minutes ago, 4evaboring said:

For lugia: use tyranitar with bite and crunch coz of dark moves painful for psychic. Can use IceElectricRockGhost to take it down as well. 

For moltres: use pokemon with water move but dont be funny and use lapras/dewgong they are part ice type which is weak against fire. Moves like stone edge and rock slide are gd against the flying type so rhydon and tyranitar are still usable. My best bet will be Omastar who is both rock and water type which have stab move to kill moltres.

Lmao. Lapras is also part water, which means Fire type damage dealt to Lapras becomes normal. Lapras is a decent counter, but not top choice as you mentioned...

9 minutes ago, 13579 said:

Lmao. Lapras is also part water, which means Fire type damage dealt to Lapras becomes normal. Lapras is a decent counter, but not top choice as you mentioned...

i tried lapras with pure water moves... it got killed very fast by moltres's fast attacks + a charge attack

Just now, 4evaboring said:

i tried lapras with pure water moves... it got killed very fast by moltres's fast attacks + a charge attack

That's because along with Lanturn, Kabutops, Aerodactyl, Kingdra and Rhydon are weaker counters to Moltres...

Vaporeon is another good counter for Moltres. I'm guessing you're not to familiar with  Pokémon? :o

7 minutes ago, 13579 said:

That's because along with Lanturn, Kabutops, Aerodactyl, Kingdra and Rhydon are weaker counters to Moltres...

Vaporeon is another good counter for Moltres. I'm guessing you're not to familiar with  Pokémon? :o

i always have issue of not able to change my pokemons to those with type advantage and proper moveset in time. i would say i am decent with pokemon but the stat are different from pokego and the original. that is why some pokes in pokego are not effective as the counterpart in the other poke games.

Edited by 4evaboring

1 minute ago, 4evaboring said:

i always have issue of not able to change my pokemons to those with type advantage and proper moveset. i would say i am decent with pokemon but the stat are different from pokego and the original. that is why some pokes in pokego are not effective as the counterpart in the other poke games.

Have you not gotten a Fast TM and Charge TM from raid? I've gotten and change some of my moves to the more ideal movesets for either Raids/Gym control.

Yeah, it is somewhat different from main games, but I think the type advantage and disadvantage differs only slightly (case in point, type immunities in PokemonGO takes 0.51 times the amount of damage it would normally receive. But in general, the Typing has smaller effect than it does in main series. haha.

Just now, 13579 said:

Have you not gotten a Fast TM and Charge TM from raid? I've gotten and change some of my moves to the more ideal movesets for either Raids/Gym control.

Yeah, it is somewhat different from main games, but I think the type advantage and disadvantage differs only slightly (case in point, type immunities in PokemonGO takes 0.51 times the amount of damage it would normally receive. But in general, the Typing has smaller effect than it does in main series. haha.

I tried changing the move with the TM but they give me crappy moveset, wat can i do... i wasted 2 TM and gotten back to the original move...blood vomited 

Just now, 4evaboring said:

I tried changing the move with the TM but they give me crappy moveset, wat can i do... i wasted 2 TM and gotten back to the original move...blood vomited 

aww. Keep raiding. That way you can rack up more :)

@4evaboring you can fight Tier3 and Tier4 raids, they drop TMs occasionally too.  And doing so increases your raid count.  Battling legendary raids does NOT increase the count (means wont help getting the medal).  

As I replied a PM on the same subject, I'll recommend that those of you who do not have Tyranitar yet, use Vaporeons on Moltres.  Vapey is a good tank and fast enough attacker to deal hurt to the firebird.  Then if you have the time, go to a geodude nest (eg Jurong Central Park, iirc) and farm for a Golem.  It will be useful for dealing hurt to Zapdos next week too.

11 hours ago, MeowPrince said:

As I replied a PM on the same subject, I'll recommend that those of you who do not have Tyranitar yet, use Vaporeons on Moltres.  Vapey is a good tank and fast enough attacker to deal hurt to the firebird.  Then if you have the time, go to a geodude nest (eg Jurong Central Park, iirc) and farm for a Golem.  It will be useful for dealing hurt to Zapdos next week too.

Pls la. Ttar can be obtain from Raid. 

11 minutes ago, Guest Poke Dot said:

How's firebird hunting? Anyone find Moltres easier to nab than Articuno?

For me, it is more difficult to catch.

But my friend caught it 3 times in a row with 1 ball.

Guest Poke Dot
2 hours ago, Coolbriz said:

Got 1 so far. But not enough stats to confirm anything as I only got time to try once haha. Hopefully got chance to try for FSO firebird :) 

Better catch more when available, dunno when it'll appear again. I'm hoping to use this to replace Flareon and Arca9 as my go to fire mon. Still trying to get a higher iv one to invest in.

2 hours ago, tyan said:

For me, it is more difficult to catch.

But my friend caught it 3 times in a row with 1 ball.

I find it easier for me, so far 3/4, RT was disastrous 1/10.

To get more Great or Excellent throws, might wanna try this, do note that sometimes Moltres do double attacks consecutively though.

15 hours ago, Guest Poke Dot said:

Better catch more when available, dunno when it'll appear again. I'm hoping to use this to replace Flareon and Arca9 as my go to fire mon. Still trying to get a higher iv one to invest in.

I find it easier for me, so far 3/4, RT was disastrous 1/10.

To get more Great or Excellent throws, might wanna try this, do note that sometimes Moltres do double attacks consecutively though.

I get zero fire bird and I tried 5 times. Fuck! I caught 2 ice birds. 

So next come the electric bird and heard its tougher than Moltres. Are you guys ready to catch them? I got 3 Articuno, 2 Moltres, and 1 Lugia so far. Hopefully zapdos can be added to my collection :) 

Edited by Coolbriz