Male HQ

Pokemon Go [Now in SG]

Sinon

45 minutes ago, Straw said:

So far I think Vivo is the best spot to camp for dratini. Managed to evolve my dragonite within 5 hours camping there.

Anyone who wants to meet and hunt for pokemon together as a group, maybe we can meet up :D

Do you want to join my pokemon line group? I also constantly seeking for people to hunt together during weekends and with that line group i can always ask everyone. Currently got 37 members in our aj pokemon line group already

1 hour ago, Straw said:

So far I think Vivo is the best spot to camp for dratini. Managed to evolve my dragonite within 5 hours camping there.

Anyone who wants to meet and hunt for pokemon together as a group, maybe we can meet up :D

Yes, I want a dragonite!:P

2 hours ago, Straw said:

1 hour ago, Cube3 said:

Yes, I want a dragonite!:P

My BF and I just returned from Vivo.  It is probably the best Dratini/Dragonair hunting spot around.  Even caucasian tourists have decided to go there.  But its a madhouse on weekends with the hordes of people crowding there and the screaming children all around.  I've camped out 2-hr quiet stretches there thrice last week to get my first dragonite, almost ready for my second (coz BF wants one too....).  And I've evolved 4 Gyarados and 11 Golducks from Vivo alone.  You can imagine how nice a fishing and farming spot it is.  BF is now sick of seeing Psyducks and Magikarp lol.  Also, Vivo spawns Magmar hourly.  And today was extra special, apparently there was a Blastoise on the loose when I went for a toilet break,  BF was so happy to catch it.  He told me how the crowd on the roof went slightly berserk at the sighting, and how a lot of people were upset when Blastoise ran away.

I think going in a small 2-4 pax group is still ok.  But having encountered a 8-pax (20s-30s beng+lian) and a 9-pax (teenager) group at Vivo, I think that's way too much and too noisy.  It was amusing though, watching the beng+lian group run around when they saw dratini sightings appear.  Guess they didn't know that almost all the dratini spawn around the same area 95% of the time hehehe.

If anyone wants to hunt together around the Robertson Quay / Cantonment / Outram / Tiong Bahru / Vivo / Redhill / Kim Seng or Gardens by the Bay areas, feel free to PM me

Instagram @the_meowprince

5 hours ago, MeowPrince said:

My BF and I just returned from Vivo.  It is probably the best Dratini/Dragonair hunting spot around.  Even caucasian tourists have decided to go there.  But its a madhouse on weekends with the hordes of people crowding there and the screaming children all around.  I've camped out 2-hr quiet stretches there thrice last week to get my first dragonite, almost ready for my second (coz BF wants one too....).  And I've evolved 4 Gyarados and 11 Golducks from Vivo alone.  You can imagine how nice a fishing and farming spot it is.  BF is now sick of seeing Psyducks and Magikarp lol.  Also, Vivo spawns Magmar hourly.  And today was extra special, apparently there was a Blastoise on the loose when I went for a toilet break,  BF was so happy to catch it.  He told me how the crowd on the roof went slightly berserk at the sighting, and how a lot of people were upset when Blastoise ran away.

I think going in a small 2-4 pax group is still ok.  But having encountered a 8-pax (20s-30s beng+lian) and a 9-pax (teenager) group at Vivo, I think that's way too much and too noisy.  It was amusing though, watching the beng+lian group run around when they saw dratini sightings appear.  Guess they didn't know that almost all the dratini spawn around the same area 95% of the time hehehe.

If anyone wants to hunt together around the Robertson Quay / Cantonment / Outram / Tiong Bahru / Vivo / Redhill / Kim Seng or Gardens by the Bay areas, feel free to PM me

Yeah, sure, am around Chinatown, but of more interest now is attacking gyms...not sure ho to go about it but it appears better if you are in a team...

Aaaaaand a gentle reminder. I know everyone's hyped on PoGo and whatnot but this isn't the place to be asking who wants to hunt/camp with you. Make a thread in the Personals subforum for that. Kthx.

(I'll also close both my eyes if you do that here.)

18 hours ago, Cube3 said:

Yeah, sure, am around Chinatown, but of more interest now is attacking gyms...not sure ho to go about it but it appears better if you are in a team...

Do you know if its true that Chinatown Point is an Eevee nest?  

Gym battles not my cup of tea, since I move about a fair bit.  Just collecting and evolving.

BF got his first Dragonite just, from Dratinis.  I got my third.  Vivo is comedy central today - kids, teenagers, aunties, elderly couples, and small groups of 3-5 zipping around, chasing whatever critters.  Observed this teenaged boy running to and fro since before 8.30am, and still there after 1pm, crazy chap was so into the game he even ignored the twigs and leaves that were sticking to him (no idea WTH he did to get those!).  Then there was this girl in a NUS tee with her elderly mother, the older lady kept squealing for every magikarp she caught....  the best part, she caught so many faster than her rather annoyed daughter.  And many other entertaining antics.  

Instagram @the_meowprince

5 hours ago, nusboy89 said:

Sighted Jynx, Gengar and Lickitung at MBS (hotel and outside LV, Prada) last night. 

so fun - everybody just ran and I just followed along w my friends lol. dun even know what was it till it happened. 

Yesterday afternoon there's Kadabra and Wartortle (the Wartortle unfortunately run away from me).

Today, there's Raichu and Cloyster (Spotted Raichu at sightings, but too late to get to that spot).

Recently there's higher Pikachu's occurrence at MBS. I finally got my "Pikachu Fan" bronze medal. Now only left the "Skier" medal...

Edited by orionmiz

2 hours ago, MeowPrince said:

Do you know if its true that Chinatown Point is an Eevee nest?  

Gym battles not my cup of tea, since I move about a fair bit.  Just collecting and evolving.

BF got his first Dragonite just, from Dratinis.  I got my third.  Vivo is comedy central today - kids, teenagers, aunties, elderly couples, and small groups of 3-5 zipping around, chasing whatever critters.  Observed this teenaged boy running to and fro since before 8.30am, and still there after 1pm, crazy chap was so into the game he even ignored the twigs and leaves that were sticking to him (no idea WTH he did to get those!).  Then there was this girl in a NUS tee with her elderly mother, the older lady kept squealing for every magikarp she caught....  the best part, she caught so many faster than her rather annoyed daughter.  And many other entertaining antics.  

Chinatown Point I didn't find many Eevees leh. One prob is that once inside, the GPS signal gets lost (on Android phones) and the avatar stops moving. Caught a couple at MBS, though. Doesn't feel very nesty...

I also cant find eevee nest. Many places once in a close area my avatar most of the time got stuck and never move until i go out outside area again

Guest Poke Dot
51 minutes ago, Cube3 said:

Finally, caught 400 magikarps! Wondering if it's time to evolve...or wait: for bigger karp, power up first, or...?

They said powering up before or after not much diff, so decided to evolve my CP 159 Magikarp and got a 1600+ Gyarados.

Guest Pokeman
48 minutes ago, Guest Poke Dot said:

They said powering up before or after not much diff, so decided to evolve my CP 159 Magikarp and got a 1600+ Gyarados.

So what skills did your Gyarados get? If it's Twister then gg-ed LOL

Guest Poke Dot
30 minutes ago, Guest Pokeman said:

So what skills did your Gyarados get? If it's Twister then gg-ed LOL

Got lousy Bite & Hydro Pump.

Guest Poke Dot
2 hours ago, Guest Pokeman said:

The best skill set since they removed dragon pulse

O issit? but I tried going into gym battles and this Gya lose a lot, whereas using Vaporeon more effective and win more battles.

8 hours ago, Guest Pokeman said:

The best skill set since they removed dragon pulse

Correction: Gyrados still have Dragon Pulse. It lost Dragon Breath.
The list of changes can be found here.

Also, eggs do not hatch regional exclusive Pokemons.
So next time when you see regional exclusive Pokemon on gyms, take a screenshot and report them through this link! (There is another link for ban appeals if they can provide proofs otherwise to Niantic)

Edited by XiaoMessy

How to seek revenge 101: Know him. Befriend him. Make him trust you wholeheartedly. Destroy him. Utterly.

By typing this I fear no one's gonna friend me. :c

Guest Poke Dot
4 hours ago, XiaoMessy said:

So next time when you see regional exclusive Pokemon on gyms, take a screenshot and report them through this link! (There is another link for ban appeals if they can provide proofs otherwise to Niantic)

I heard an auntie at the playground say her son hatched a Tauros leh. Anyway unless its official word from Niantic, concluding that you can't hatch a foreign regional exclusive from farmed negative data doesn't mean its true. This is what others have commented on the TS of the link you gave:

Other people are claiming to have submitted results to that survey saying they hatched one and he'd call them a cheater and refuse to list it. Kinda limits the usefulness of the survey if you're only accepting answers from people who say they've never done it.

Went on the controversial comments of the thread... OP has completely dismissed or downright insulted people claiming to have hatched region-exclusives.

I don't get it. Why start a survey/tally then start throwing results out the window

10 hours ago, XiaoMessy said:

Hmm... I'm going to Australia in Oct, and may catch a Kangaskhan when I'm there. So if I come back and placed a Kangaskhan at the gym, does that mean I'll get reported? :P

4 hours ago, orionmiz said:

Hmm... I'm going to Australia in Oct, and may catch a Kangaskhan when I'm there. So if I come back and placed a Kangaskhan at the gym, does that mean I'll get reported? :P

Exactly. People who travel may catch region-exclusive mons and bring them back to fight in gyms. So it is not cheating! :frustrated:

14 hours ago, XiaoMessy said:

don't be an idiot. i have a kangaskhan from australia and the only reason why i don't put it on gyms is because of salts like u.

4 hours ago, orionmiz said:

If you're banned, just send Niantic your air ticket or something lor.

Of course if you get the legit way they'll not fault you.

(Been there done that.)

How to seek revenge 101: Know him. Befriend him. Make him trust you wholeheartedly. Destroy him. Utterly.

By typing this I fear no one's gonna friend me. :c

2 hours ago, XiaoMessy said:

If you're banned, just send Niantic your air ticket or something lor.

Of course if you get the legit way they'll not fault you.

(Been there done that.)

Don't worry, Niantic has smarter ways to detect cheaters.

Interested in data mining and/or pattern recognition? ;) (It can be rather mathematically intensive though.)

Edited by orionmiz

Regarding exclusive Pokemon in gyms (i.e. Tauros, Mr. Mime, Farfetch'd, Kangaskhan), I'll still battle it as usual. As long as the gym is "battle-able", why should I bother whether that person had used exclusive Pokemons or not. Also, it's nice and refreshing to see exclusive Pokemons on the battle field. :D

I only report gym issues if it is occupied by eggs, if the gym cannot be entered (i.e. enter the gym and the game hangs), or if the person is using Pokemon with weird stats or attacks (i.e. a 10000CP Rattata, or the Magikarp uses Hydro Pump).

Edited by orionmiz

10 hours ago, orionmiz said:

Don't worry, Niantic has smarter ways to detect cheaters.

Interested in data mining and/or pattern recognition? ;) (It can be rather mathematically intensive though.)

thats their soft ban mechanism... its automated. banning players based on report, is done by people, and niantic has been known to ban the wrong people based on reports. I have tried contacting them for some gold coin issues and it has been a week and they haven't gotten back to me despite several emails, so imagine how its like for people who are wrongfully banned. Their customer service isn't the fastest.

6 hours ago, ithinktoomuch said:

thats their soft ban mechanism... its automated. banning players based on report, is done by people, and niantic has been known to ban the wrong people based on reports. I have tried contacting them for some gold coin issues and it has been a week and they haven't gotten back to me despite several emails, so imagine how its like for people who are wrongfully banned. Their customer service isn't the fastest.

Ya, their team only have this number of people, and there are hundreds of millions of players out there, so you can't really expect a fast response from them.

Actually, they also use automation for perm banned (some of my friends are banned from using bots, and they are rather "quiet and low profile" players). If they based purely on human reports, that will be too much for them to handle (and I'll not want to work in their company as IT support for sure).

Pretty sure your Pokemon you caught have metadata in them. :P

Edited by orionmiz

How's everyone "pogo-ing"? It's getting tougher to level after 25. I have only got luck to catch a low cp and appraisal Snorlax in Hougang. Caught hitmonlee and Dewgong at Changi area though. Caught 1 porygon near Bedok Reservoir :) 

Be cool, like a breeze...

Guest Poke Dot
3 hours ago, eastmolton said:

any sighting of these between eunos and bedok area recently? Venusaur, Blastoise, Charizard, Aerodactyl, Snorlax, Lapras, Porygon or Dragonite? I've only caught 1 Snorlax so far in Bedok interchange but the CP is miserably low.

Sat saw a Snorlax beside my block (Eunos) beyond my radar's reach, by the time I got downstairs ran to the location it disappeared. Venusaur escaped from me at Kallang, so sad. Cloyster also escaped me at Marine Parade. 2 wild Vaporeon also escaped me too, haiz... Still trying to catch some of these elusive biggies.

7 hours ago, orionmiz said:

Ya, their team only have this number of people, and there are hundreds of millions of players out there, so you can't really expect a fast response from them.

Actually, they also use automation for perm banned (some of my friends are banned from using bots, and they are rather "quiet and low profile" players). If they based purely on human reports, that will be too much for them to handle (and I'll not want to work in their company as IT support for sure).

Pretty sure your Pokemon you caught have metadata in them. :P

yep.. thats y i'm saying not to report people just because they have regional pokemon. people might have obtained them by actualy travelling, and getting banned because of that is dumb as hell, its hard to get niantic to revoke their ban simply because of their lack of manpower.

16 hours ago, ithinktoomuch said:

yep.. thats y i'm saying not to report people just because they have regional pokemon. people might have obtained them by actualy travelling, and getting banned because of that is dumb as hell, its hard to get niantic to revoke their ban simply because of their lack of manpower.

Yalla don't spoil the fun for other people la. I have a few regional pokemon because I travel. It's no fun if they can't show up in gyms here...:mellow:

On Thursday, September 01, 2016 at 9:06 PM, Ener said:

It's the Pokego master from play store. 

On Thursday, September 01, 2016 at 2:27 PM, Ener said:

Mine. Screenshot_20160831-224134.png

So how do these calculated results help? This pokemon dragonite is 'optimal'...?

So there is total of 145 pokemons to capture?

Earlier on, this singaporean claimed to be the 1st to capture all......but for those rare ones that are unique overseas, he got friends to log into his account and do it for him.

http://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/first-singaporean-to-catch-all-145-pokemon-admits-getting-help-from-overseas-friends

Now there's another singaporean who captured all by really travelling/flying to those places.

http://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/professional-gamer-is-spores-first-pokemon-master

Singapore has its first Pokemon master - one who caught them all in the mobile game Pokemon Go.

Mr Chapman Sim, 31, caught all of the game's 145 available Pokemon on Wednesday by travelling around the world and walking up to 12 hours a day.

His month-long quest to be the very best ended with a last-minute decision to fly from Seattle to London last week just to capture one final Pokemon found only in Europe.

The goal of Pokemon Go, a mobile app, is to capture 145 different types of virtual creatures known as Pokemon. To make things challenging, some Pokemon are region-exclusives, which means they can be caught only in certain countries.