Male HQ

Pokemon Go [Now in SG]

Sinon

5 hours ago, Guest Poke Dot said:

Man, don't understand why after leveling to 25, the Pokemons i've been seeing have such low CP. Caught a 165CP Lichitung then heard this kid proclaiming his is 500+CP. After that caught an 560+CP Aerodactyl, then this aunty and some others said theirs is 1000+. Also had incidence where Pokemons appear to some people, but not others. Also flee rate seems to have increased, wasted 10 over pokeballs some great balls on low CP Pokemons and they just ran away...arrrghh!

Don't worry. This is just the game mechanics and it's happening to everyone too. The higher your level, the more you will encounter low level Pokemon that become frustrating to catch.

The level of the Pokemon encountered is randomized so while you are at a higher level and able to catch Pokemon at a higher level than other players, it doesn't mean everyone is catching the same level Pokemon. Just that everyone's Pokemon has the same IV.

6 hours ago, Guest ABC said:

Hi guys, I've completed my 141 Pokemons (in SG) in Pokedex. 

There isn't a confirmation nest migration due yet so for those who are searching high and low for certain Pokemons, hope my list can help you.

(Note1: Spawn nest DOES NOT consists of evolved Pokemons. Only base Pokemons.)

(Note2: This list may not be 100% accurate, but as far as I'm concerned, these are the places which I've managed to farm/catch)

Abra - Pearl Hill Park

Charmander - Downtown MRT's lawn (Exit from MRT and it's the lawn facing MBFC Tower 3)

Onix - Marina Bay MRT's open space (Exit from MRT, it's next to the construction site)

Vulpix - (1) Tiong Bahru Park; (2) Bukit Timah Food Centre; (3) Goh & Goh Building (Opp. Beauty World MRT)

Omanyte - Bukit Batok Nature Park

Aerodactyl - Bukit Batok Nature Park

Low spawn rate; but if in luck will have!

Electabuzz - (1) SAFRA Mount Faber; (2) Bukit Purmei (Opp. Radin Mas Pri Sch)

Jynx - Raffles Hospital

Psyduck / Golduck - Vivo City

Dratini / Dragonair - (1) MBS; (2) Vivo City 

I would recommend Vivo City as spawn rate is higher and is much clustered, i.e. you don't have to really run around unlike for MBS.

Tentacool - Vivo City

Pikachu - (1) USS; (2) MBS Hotel (near RiSe)

Scyther - Bedok Reservoir Park

Magmar - (1) Kent Ridge Park; (2) Sun Plaza Park

Kabuto - Craig Road (Near the open field)

Magneton / Magnemite - MBS 

Voltorb / Electrobe - MBS

Lapras - MBS 

Very good spawn rate recently. Higher spawn rate after 10pm!

(I will continue to update if there is any! ^_^)

Thank you for this. Shall stake out mbs today. Haha..

Guest Poke Dot
3 hours ago, jackrezal said:

Don't worry. This is just the game mechanics and it's happening to everyone too. The higher your level, the more you will encounter low level Pokemon that become frustrating to catch.

The level of the Pokemon encountered is randomized so while you are at a higher level and able to catch Pokemon at a higher level than other players, it doesn't mean everyone is catching the same level Pokemon. Just that everyone's Pokemon has the same IV.

Good to know but no less comforting, cos these low cp mons take so long to capture (or not) its wasting so much time, plus the game's animation is slow, they should allow us to skip animation everytime we tap on the screen.

Here's a good read from hardwarezone, scroll down a bit to see someone sharing their experience on the various hotspots and locations.

4 hours ago, Guest Poke Dot said:

Good to know but no less comforting, cos these low cp mons take so long to capture (or not) its wasting so much time, plus the game's animation is slow, they should allow us to skip animation everytime we tap on the screen.

Here's a good read from hardwarezone, scroll down a bit to see someone sharing their experience on the various hotspots and locations.

Yah, everything's slow. Just gotta push through until the day everything is smooth. :D

Thanks for the good read. Pretty much spot on.

Please note that the list is only valid before the reshuffle of spawns.

Better off using Hendry's link, the sgpokemap one.  Its accurate and independent of phone OS.

Sentosa and USS hardly spawns Pikachu in large scale nowadays.  Similarly, MBFC/Straits View is erratic if you are looking for Charmanders.  Voltorbs+Magnemites can be farmed in RWS around the fountains.  Those of the main changes.

If you want Charmanders, go Punggol East, the precincts around Damai/Oasis/Kadaloor LRT stations.  Spawns 10-15 of them every afternoon between 3.30pm and 5pm.  The rest of the evening it spawns 5-8 per hour.  You need to walk/cycle/ride but its the best spot to evolve your Charizard these days.  The riverside park connector next to Riveria LRT is also a good stretch.  Almost hourly Kabuto/Omanyte/Dratini spawning in turns in the day, sometimes 2 of the 3 spawning at the same time.  In the night, it switches to other creatures, when I was there.  The area around the MRT station rotates between Charmander and Squirtle and Eevee.  Finally you have Punggol End, where the jetty is.  A good spot for almost anything goes there.  

Just for the record, Snorlax appeared first near the MRT, then again near Meridian LRT last night. :D

Pearls Hill is a crazy place, average of 4 Abras per hour.  And if you are in luck to be there during their "happy hour", you'll see up to 12 within a 30-min window.  I've been there twice, and know a friend who went there for six consecutive days!  The happy hour is a daily affair.  Encountered it at 5pm my first time, and 11am the next.  My friend claimed that she sees it in the late afternoon or early evening.  No idea why she wants so many Alakazams for.

Heard that MaChop spawns around the edges of Safti these days, can anyone confirm that?

Instagram @the_meowprince

Guest Poke Dot
1 hour ago, MeowPrince said:

Better off using Hendry's link, the sgpokemap one.  Its accurate and independent of phone OS.

m that?

Yeah sgpokemap is better, Go Radar keeps repeating sightings, made many people run for nothing.

At CV yesterday ran 1km for a Lapras CP only 128 #$%^%! 

On the way home as the bus pass the highway, Ah Bui popped up ahead about 200m on sgpokemap but not on other radars, then the black Ah Bui shadow showed on PoGo as the bus got nearer and nearer, but alas must have been a couple of meters off the highway just beyond the reach of Pogo. So sad as the bus zoom by further and further till Ah Bui's shadow disappeared. 3rd time Ah Bui evaded me, sian.

Guest Poke Dot

Wah now have to eat my own words, lunch time another Ah Bui disappeared when I was one minute away. Then took a bus down suddenly another Ah Bui popped up, quickly alight ran a bit and finally manage to get 1892cp Ah Bui. Took another bus down which is about 15 min later, Porygon popped up, same thing alight ran a bit and got a 1076cp Porygon. After that quickly went to buy Toto. Couple hours later ran for another Porygon 600+cp, but escaped after first ultraball.

34 minutes ago, undies87 said:

Ya im at level 25 and everything I catch is so low, snorlax was 42 and lapras was 162. Even the 10km eggs are an atrocity as I hatched 5 Eveeesssss. Fu*KKKK 

Lol I kenna one Eevee, the other 10k eggs I got were Jinx, Onyx, Hitmonchan, Kabuto, not that bad. Eevee save for Gen 2 to evolve yah! Don't understand how some people so lucky keep hatching Lapras and Ah Bui again and again. Wonder if it makes a difference where you get the egg.

1 minute ago, MeowPrince said:

norlx_zps8zqadaeh.jpg
So happy right after I went to buy my cinnamon tarts, this fellow spawned right outside Drips :D:D:D
Spent just a single Ultraball on him too.  Happy!

Yeap, this is becoming more common...and easy to catch too :D 

Guest Poke Dot
2 hours ago, curious_boi said:

Yeap, this is becoming more common...and easy to catch too :D 

Yeah. seems like its spawning more in the east, could be its rotating, could be prepping the way for Gen2 release, but the rate is still low and still have to run a fair bit.

Can't believe my dumb luck today though, heading towards the beach just now and out popped a Chansey had to run almost 1k for it. But finally caught all the remaining 3 unevolvables left on my pokedex today.

Guest Poke Dot
2 hours ago, MeowPrince said:

So happy right after I went to buy my cinnamon tarts, this fellow spawned right outside Drips :D:D:D
Spent just a single Ultraball on him too.  Happy!

So lucky congrats. I had to use 6 outtah balls and 6 berries for mine.

6 hours ago, Cube3 said:

So depressing...level 26 and no Snorlax, no Dargonite, and not even a poke over 2000cp... :pray:

What @Coolbriz said... Plus if you really need those Pokemons then you gotta set aside one day and make your way to wherever they spawn and possibly wait until your dreams come true..

Unfortunately for me, last night I dreamed I caught a Ditto in the wild. 

Guest Poke Dot
7 hours ago, Cube3 said:

So depressing...level 26 and no Snorlax, no Dargonite, and not even a poke over 2000cp... :pray:

Power up lah, must have a lot of stardust, sure can reach 2k+

7 hours ago, Coolbriz said:

Don't be depressed la lol. The fact that you have reached level 26 is already a great achievement! Gambate! :) 

7 hours ago, jackrezal said:

What @Coolbriz said... Plus if you really need those Pokemons then you gotta set aside one day and make your way to wherever they spawn and possibly wait until your dreams come true..

Unfortunately for me, last night I dreamed I caught a Ditto in the wild. 

5 hours ago, Guest Poke Dot said:

Power up lah, must have a lot of stardust, sure can reach 2k+

Lol THANKS, everyone, so encouraging! I know, I have one gyarados at 1940...so can reach 2k soon. But there're others in gym who with 2.8k pokes?!!! Amazing...:o

13 minutes ago, Blacque said:

Snorlax buddy :D

17 minutes ago, Blacque said:

Snorlax buddy :D

I just caught this here this morning :D

[Tampines] Snorlax (93%)!!
Atk: 15 | Def: 13 | Stm: 14
Zen Headbutt | Body Slam
Gone at 09:37:52. You have (14m 47s).

https://www.google.com/maps?q=1.3585827237457628,103.9549616742891

3 hours ago, jackrezal said:

Yah, more fun in a group. Sweating it out together... Running after the elusive snorlax together into the sunset...

Lol, um, isn't it distracting? In a group, but everybody focusing on phone and not each other...one wants to track snorlax, another wants to chase lapras...afterwards quarrel :whistle:

14 hours ago, Guest Poke Dot said:

Caught another Ah Bui, first wild catch over 2k but moderate IV.

Porygon seems to like to spawn at shophouses/condos/private estates.

Use it to def gyms till you get your wonder Bui bui :D 

49 minutes ago, Cube3 said:

These days, MBS gets so crowded in the evenings, it's impossible to jog! :wacko:

Guilty as charged. Was there with some friends from my cosplay group. Especially when the Jolteon and Lapras spawned. Lol...

Some cyclists don't give a damn and ride as if they own the road through. :X

Guest Poke Dot
17 hours ago, curious_boi said:

Use it to def gyms till you get your wonder Bui bui :D 

Nah, sometimes i just throw a weedle or whatever I click first into the gym, just want to cash in on that 10 pokecoins, hard to defend gym in SG.

Noted this exact spot where Ah Bui appear again and again, at least 4 to 5 times in the past week. Only won't know what time he'll pop up though.

4 hours ago, celexter said:

Some cyclists don't give a damn and ride as if they own the road through. :X

Also like they have first rights to the pavements and can speed about ringing at pedestrians expecting them to give way. Ditto to those on those motorised scooter/skater bikes.

3 hours ago, Guest Poke Dot said:

Nah, sometimes i just throw a weedle or whatever I click first into the gym, just want to cash in on that 10 pokecoins, hard to defend gym in SG.

Noted this exact spot where Ah Bui appear again and again, at least 4 to 5 times in the past week. Only won't know what time he'll pop up though.

Also like they have first rights to the pavements and can speed about ringing at pedestrians expecting them to give way. Ditto to those on those motorised scooter/skater bikes.

And the lights on their bikes. Damn blinding.

5 minutes ago, celexter said:

There was a lured Lapras at MBS yesterday at around 11 pm. IV is not desirable, but it's my first. Lapras also encounter last Friday around 10+ pm, but it ran away...

Only managed to catch one around 500 over CP...thought maybe slowly, buddy it for walks and collect candy, slowly, slowly power up...cuz it's a 'wonder' super-IV lapras! - Is it worth all the effort, powering from 500 over?

Is IV really that important?<_<

10 minutes ago, Cube3 said:

Only managed to catch one around 500 over CP...thought maybe slowly, buddy it for walks and collect candy, slowly, slowly power up...cuz it's a 'wonder' super-IV lapras! - Is it worth all the effort, powering from 500 over?

Is IV really that important?<_<

Only if one intends to invest in it and raise it with candies and stardust. Prior to the buddy system, I won't even think about it, since getting candies to raise is far too difficult. But since interested people can earn candies now via the buddy system (albeit slowly).

If you don't intend to raise it, just cross your fingers for a high CP catch (with good skills). 

On 18 September 2016 at 11:16 PM, Guest ABC said:

Hi guys, I've completed my 141 Pokemons (in SG) in Pokedex. 

There isn't a confirmation nest migration due yet so for those who are searching high and low for certain Pokemons, hope my list can help you.

(Note1: Spawn nest DOES NOT consists of evolved Pokemons. Only base Pokemons.)

(Note2: This list may not be 100% accurate, but as far as I'm concerned, these are the places which I've managed to farm/catch)

Abra - Pearl Hill Park

Charmander - Downtown MRT's lawn (Exit from MRT and it's the lawn facing MBFC Tower 3)

Onix - Marina Bay MRT's open space (Exit from MRT, it's next to the construction site)

Vulpix - (1) Tiong Bahru Park; (2) Bukit Timah Food Centre; (3) Goh & Goh Building (Opp. Beauty World MRT)

Omanyte - Bukit Batok Nature Park

Aerodactyl - Bukit Batok Nature Park

Low spawn rate; but if in luck will have!

Electabuzz - (1) SAFRA Mount Faber; (2) Bukit Purmei (Opp. Radin Mas Pri Sch)

Jynx - Raffles Hospital

Psyduck / Golduck - Vivo City

Dratini / Dragonair - (1) MBS; (2) Vivo City 

I would recommend Vivo City as spawn rate is higher and is much clustered, i.e. you don't have to really run around unlike for MBS.

Tentacool - Vivo City

Pikachu - (1) USS; (2) MBS Hotel (near RiSe)

Scyther - Bedok Reservoir Park

Magmar - (1) Kent Ridge Park; (2) Sun Plaza Park

Kabuto - Craig Road (Near the open field)

Magneton / Magnemite - MBS 

Voltorb / Electrobe - MBS

Lapras - MBS 

Very good spawn rate recently. Higher spawn rate after 10pm!

(I will continue to update if there is any! ^_^)

Was at USS for event on 17 Sept. Only 1 Pikachu found. Lots of Sandshrew instead.

4 hours ago, Guest Poke Dot said:

They are everywhere, of every color, and bloody nuisances.  

1 hour ago, celexter said:

There was a lured Lapras at MBS yesterday at around 11 pm. IV is not desirable, but it's my first. Lapras also encounter last Friday around 10+ pm, but it ran away...

BF and I both had a Lapras spawn right in front of us at MBS too.  We had just strolled over after dinner, forgot which day, and it was the best dessert!  

Heard from a friend that last night people were chasing after Seel and Drowsee at MBS. LOL!

44 minutes ago, celexter said:

Was at USS for event on 17 Sept. Only 1 Pikachu found. Lots of Sandshrew instead.

Its based on old nests.  USS has since turned into Sandshrew for quite some time.  Most of the places on that list are outdated and several are no longer valid even before the guest posted.  If you want Pikachu, its best to go around a bit.  Heard that Changi V still has occasional spawns, as did Punggol.  Try those spots maybe?

Instagram @the_meowprince

14 minutes ago, MeowPrince said:

Its based on old nests.  USS has since turned into Sandshrew for quite some time.  Most of the places on that list are outdated and several are no longer valid even before the guest posted.  If you want Pikachu, its best to go around a bit.  Heard that Changi V still has occasional spawns, as did Punggol.  Try those spots maybe?

Pikachu now in woodlands waterfront and checkpoint area and also senoko/sembawang and tuas south. No more nest and less spawn.

59 minutes ago, MeowPrince said:

Nah, not actively hunting for one. Been dragging one around for candies and almost enough for me to evolve. Just that his post was on Sept 18, so was trying to point out that the part on USS is outdated.

The three chases that I know was there at MBS yesterday was for Volteon, Charmeleon, and Lapras.

Guest Poke Dot
2 hours ago, MeowPrince said:

If you want Pikachu, its best to go around a bit.  Heard that Changi V still has occasional spawns, as did Punggol.  Try those spots maybe?

CV still has quite a fair bit of Pikachus, maybe two every hour here and there, gotta walk around. Beach side has a lot of sandshrews and occasional Pikachus. Further down at the SAF Ferry Terminal spawns Lapras, Gyrados (yesterday), Lichitungs, Electabuzz.