Male HQ

Wedding Dinner Party

doncoin

Guest Venues

Hort park, prive at keppel island, open farm community at dempsey, tanjong beach club, botanical gardens halia, w hotel sentosa cove, capella sentosa

Congrats @doncoin! I could already imagined how lovely and blessed your wedding will be. It's certainly a dream many of us would love to fulfill. You can also consider Bliss House Theme Restaurant @ The Central Mall. It's ideal for small group event. I attended my friend's wedding there once and find the decor quite tastefully done. Do keep us posted of your planning ahead if you don't mind. Cheers! :) 

Be cool, like a breeze...

I'm so jealousssss! When my cousin got married, he wanted to have a hip and young wedding but at the mean time he also wanted to appease his parents and our grandparents with the traditional chinese style dinner. Hence, he booked a rooftop bar and and transformed the bar into part dance floor and part dining area. He also recruited a DJ and a band to play the music. The elderly who were quite shy could sit down and enjoy the buffet while the youngsters who didn't really care much about food were having fun on the dance floor. Since it's a bar, we had free flow wine as well. So both sides were quite happy.

Edited by Angelix

Congrats doncoin. But wait....

Do yr relatives know abt yr identity?if not or still guessing , my suggestion is better not to have it in spore?mayb have a dinner with frens in US.

We sincerely wish the best for u but nobody knows wat will happen tomorrow. So if not necessary to announce it officially especially in spore .better not. Congrats again from me.Cutejack

1 hour ago, cutejack said:

Congrats doncoin. But wait....

Do yr relatives know abt yr identity?if not or still guessing , my suggestion is better not to have it in spore?mayb have a dinner with frens in US.

We sincerely wish the best for u but nobody knows wat will happen tomorrow. So if not necessary to announce it officially especially in spore .better not. Congrats again from me.Cutejack

My whole family, including extended family knows I am gay. They've met my partner already the last time we were back together. Most seems fine with it and if they have a problem, it's their problem. I have a close group of JC friends who all know I am gay as well. Since I came out of the closet almost 20 years ago, I never had to hide that part of me. I am thankful to be surrounded by people who accept and embrace me. 

Love. 

Guest 满满祝福

虽然不认识你,但从你网上谈吐觉得你是个优秀的绅士。在此祝你和你伴侣幸福美满,白头偕老,永浴爱河 !:pray::wub::D

4 hours ago, doncoin said:

My whole family, including extended family knows I am gay. They've met my partner already the last time we were back together. Most seems fine with it and if they have a problem, it's their problem. I have a close group of JC friends who all know I am gay as well. Since I came out of the closet almost 20 years ago, I never had to hide that part of me. I am thankful to be surrounded by people who accept and embrace me. 

Looks like you have a great body! ;-)

Congratulations @doncoin and yur hubby... May 2 of u be blessed with eternal happiness, love and good health together. Wedding by the beach side would be awesome n romantic!! 

Btw, dont too stress over the wedding stuff.. many people esp the elders got plenty of suggestions.. so be wise in choosing the practical and suitable to yur needs.. also be considerate to the needs of yur hubby. He may hav his ideas too.. delegate sone jobs to yur family members.. over stress can lead to arguement over petty issues eg. Angpow amount..lol! Just enjoy whole preparation process. congrats once again! 

Guest Wedding planner

Meadows by the bay, marina barrage, padang

Make it outdoors. Create a social media sensation and educate singapore about diversity in family while you're at it.

1 hour ago, doncoin said:

Here's one thing I've learnt from my own experience and relationship. You don't take your significant other for granted. We both made a lot of mistakes along the way. We've hurt each other the worst way we possibly can. However, we also learn to forgive each other and rebuild each other.  

Sometimes when your partner/bf is screaming at you and saying angry hurtful things at you, the natural response is to scream and say hurtful things back or build a wall and create distance to protect yourself. However, we need to take a step back and listen. What and why is he screaming in the first place? Too often we use anger as a way to express our pain, when in reality we are really hurt by something our partner did, or said intentionally or unintentionally. I learnt that lesson the hard way. We almost lost each other. 

So, a relationship is a full time job. It can be fragile. I've learnt how important my husband to be is to me and vice versa. We are both committed to making us work, and strengthen our relationship. 

Treasure your relationship. Take the time to hold and hug your love ones, not just that man in your life. 

One of the best advice for people like us.

@doncoin :clap::clap::clap::redface: What a joyous, wondrous occasion! :wub::wub::wub: (ok, emoji overdose...)

If good Chinese food is important, one of the best spreads I've ever enjoyed is at Miramar Hotel's Peach Garden, which has a magnificent buffet for under $50 pax (if you decide on a stylish lunch). The appetiser soup was/is a variety of rare, choice abalone-herbal concoctions (but only one order per head). The rest of the free-for-all buffet menu included really exquisite dishes of pating fish, mayonnaise prawns etc..

One advantage of a wedding buffet (if not too many people for restaurant to accommodate) is that everybody would be so busy deciding what to eat - and eating - there would be less time and energy for possible awkward or snide remarks, and as you know Singaporeans, good food livens up any occasion! And since it is so value-for-money, you may even make a profit in angpows... To a happy and enjoyable wedding!

18 hours ago, doncoin said:

Here's one thing I've learnt from my own experience and relationship. You don't take your significant other for granted. We both made a lot of mistakes along the way. We've hurt each other the worst way we possibly can. However, we also learn to forgive each other and rebuild each other.  

Sometimes when your partner/bf is screaming at you and saying angry hurtful things at you, the natural response is to scream and say hurtful things back or build a wall and create distance to protect yourself. However, we need to take a step back and listen. What and why is he screaming in the first place? Too often we use anger as a way to express our pain, when in reality we are really hurt by something our partner did, or said intentionally or unintentionally. I learnt that lesson the hard way. We almost lost each other. 

So, a relationship is a full time job. It can be fragile. I've learnt how important my husband to be is to me and vice versa. We are both committed to making us work, and strengthen our relationship. 

Treasure your relationship. Take the time to hold and hug your love ones, not just that man in your life. 

kind of agreed with the point here but unfortunately most of us failed in the first or second interview and ended up taking a "part-time" job or remain "jobless"......a "full-time" job is not easy to find but that should not deter us from going through more interviews :P

Both my handsome bf and i are still not yet disclose our sexual identity to our parents and relatives. We both come from traditional families. Right now we are living together secretly. None of our siblings know we are couple. They just thought we are normal good friend. Hope one day we will have the courage to tell.

On that fateful day when my handsome bf and i decided we should be couple together, we actually went to 四马路观音庙 together to pray the Guan Ying telling her we are in love and are going to be couple. And we asked for her blessings. Till this day i will never forget that. It was very lovely we did that together as if our personal marriage.

On 8/15/2016 at 10:59 AM, loveseeker said:

Both my handsome bf and i are still not yet disclose our sexual identity to our parents and relatives. We both come from traditional families. Right now we are living together secretly. None of our siblings know we are couple. They just thought we are normal good friend. Hope one day we will have the courage to tell.

On that fateful day when my handsome bf and i decided we should be couple together, we actually went to 四马路观音庙 together to pray the Guan Ying telling her we are in love and are going to be couple. And we asked for her blessings. Till this day i will never forget that. It was very lovely we did that together as if our personal marriage.

thats really sweet. im sure she will bless those who are sincere.

dahsizhiamitabhaguanshiyin

20 hours ago, loveseeker said:

When you are both ready, come out. You want to be proud of your relationship, and not feel embarrassed by it. 

Love. 

On 14 August 2016 at 10:08 PM, doncoin said:

After a few years of being together with my significant other, we are planning to make it official. Since we live in the US where marriage is legal, we plan to get it done here with friends and his family. We are also thinking of celebrating in Singapore with my family, relatives and friends. We are not looking for something big, but perhaps about 30-40 people. What restaurants do you guys recommend? 

So many things to decide, sit down dinner or buffet? Location?

i was thinking of traditional sit down dinner since my grandmother and the older relatives probably prefer that with the rounds of yum seng from table to table but my cousins will probably roll their eyes and demand for my gay card. Anyway I welcome any suggestions and thoughts to celebrate our big day in Singapore.

We have yet to finalise a date, but probably will be in Singapore to celebrate then head off somewhere in the region for honeymoon :)

Congrats!! But can Singaporeans marry in USA?

14 hours ago, Guest ??? said:

Congrats!! But can Singaporeans marry in USA?

Yes. I have been living here over 10 years. A good friend of mine married her American husband a few years ago, no probleme there. Singaporeans have low immigration rates, hence it is a little easier. Not sure the specifics, but so far most Singaporeans I know living in the US have their immigration process pretty breezy. 

Love. 

On Tuesday, August 16, 2016 at 1:59 AM, loveseeker said:

Here is another sweet memory of my love with my handsome bf.

Few weeks after our personal marriage in the 四马路观音庙. We travelled to Malacca together like a newly wedded couple full of lovey dovey. We stayed in a peranakan inn where the famous little nyonya drama was filming. In one of the hall, there are swallow nests. Swallow couple take turn to take care their offspring in the nest.

We visited the famous St Xavier hill. We were quite tired from the walks from jonker street. Half way up the hill, somehow he got tired, so i carried him with my back slowly walked upto the cathedral. Many people and tourists on the hill watched us. But i did not care. My handsome bf was just lauging and smiling but let me continue to carry.

Although a bit embarassed, but sweetness in our hearts. I was not a strong guy, by the time i carried him upto the last stair infront the St Xavier statue i was already exhausted.

In the cathedral ruin, there was a portuguese eurasian playing guitar. I requested him to play "more than words" for us. I looked to my handsome bf while the song was sung beautifully. 

"More than words to show you feel.

That your love for me is real....

.... just by saying I Love You." 

The last part "just by saying I Love You" was what i wanted to say to my handsome bf in heart. And from his eyes i felt the same. One thing i realised when two person fell in love is one will be able to understand one another without saying out. It is like two hearts can communicate through eye contact.

In my heart, saying i love you to my bf in the church really have special meaning. Till this day i still think it as our personal wedding in cathedral.

After that we walked around the hill together, the sun was setting and we left. At the gate of the al formosa, we took the beautiful trishaw decorated with many flowers back to the hotel. Some distance before reaching the hotel. He requested to ride the trishaw while i sat inside the trishaw. The trishaw man helped us take a few nice photos. The flower trishaw looked very much like our wedding car 花车 haha... ;D That was my sweetest day ever in life. I will never forget...

Lastly hope Doncoin will have a wonderful sweetest wedding. My wedding was not formal and grand but it was sweet at least to me. I know these sweet memories of my handsome bf and me spent together will last forever.

1 hour ago, loveseeker said:

Lastly hope Doncoin will have a wonderful sweetest wedding. My wedding was not formal and grand but it was sweet at least to me. I know these sweet memories of my handsome bf and me spent together will last forever.

@loveseeker Thank you. We are not going to have some lavish wedding at the Plaza. I don't care where we have it as long as it is a celebration with family and friends who love and care about us. I just want to celebrate one of the most important day in my life, and want my family included in my celebration. :)

Love. 

• Guest locked this topic