Male HQ

Budget Hotel/Hotel 81 Discussion - Check Guest I C + Showing Nric / Fin Card For Hotel 81? + Still Have Hourly Rates? (Compiled)

Guest Curious81

we'll just go to saunas then..., cheaper too.

boy-girl couples have to do it in toilet cubicles or hong lim park for a change. :whistle:

seriously, 81's staff are developing a bit of attitude.

this loss of biz will shake them up a bit.

the last part: well said. consumers prevail :D

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Hotel81Guest

Ok , went hotel 81 kovan , they insisted 2 IDs to check in , don't even allow you to check in then guest show later , Fragrance next door , don't care , they will just take and never ask anything but seems they will filled up the level 1 room before give you other levels and the bed sheet only single layer , dun even have the thin layer sheet cover on top.

From a friend , Bencoolen hotel81 does not check or ask anything. So have fun :)

Guest Hotel fun

Does any one knows the hotel 81 at lavander ? do they check ID ??

tks

Just went there this evening. I check in first. The staff never ask any question and give me the keys to my room. After that, I just sms my guy to come over. :)

Guest Irene Yeo

The only advise i can say is be very discreet when doing things. What ever you do, please do have some consideration for others. Don't be so Ah Kua and start walk like catwalk when check in to the hotel. Theres camera everywhere. What you want to do after that in the room, nobody will say anything. :thumb:

• 2 months later...

well i just came back from the one along middle road, next to the steam boat/BBQ restaurant. and guess what, it now cost $30 bucks for 2 hours and even though i sneaked in after my bf checked into the room, they called the room telephone and requested that I show my I/C to the reception downstairs. My bf took my I/C and went to show the reception.According to him, they took a glance at my I/C and then returned it to my bf. Nothing happened after that. We finish and I left quickly via the stairs.sian! I dun wanna visit that branch anymore!!>=P

But how they know if that room is booked by 1 or 2 person?

If i want the room only for myself, that's why I check in alone??

yeah we were puzzled at first, then later we realised why. There were several CCTVs at the lift entrance, and long the corridor.They probably saw me from the lift , and my journey to the room that my bf just checked in.

2 days ago was my bf's birthday ! we decided to have it in a hotel , we usually go to hotel 81 or other budget hotels but after reading this forum i refused to go to hotel 81 anymore ! so we ended up in marina mandarin a 5 star hotel dam it was heaven ... you really get treated so well for the money u paid ! so guys dont bother going to budget hotels anymore and be treated badly

yeah we were puzzled at first, then later we realised why. There were several CCTVs at the lift entrance, and long the corridor.They probably saw me from the lift , and my journey to the room that my bf just checked in.

Not because they saw you enter from the life, now become standard process for all hotel 81 to check both i/c.

Hahaha, actually if you got experience going budget hotel u will know if a man book room for only 2 hour then confirm the other woman or man will come soon. If not he book room for sleeping 2 hours got so simple meh.

They no need to wait long can see from cctv the woman or man from lift go room, confirmed. Then they call your room because they hotel license can lost if not follow police order to check ic.

U see cheap hotel alway employ mostly uncles right? because sometime have to go to room to force but still must be nice to customers. Young men or china men or women cannot win those very shy shy customers to check ic.

Guest Curious Guest

Not really. When I visited the branch along selegie road 1/2 week(s) ago, they didnt bother to check our i/c.

When you register for a room, you need to give all your particular like Name, IC??

They will check against your IC??

• 2 weeks later...

so is it considered illegal between 2 willing parties without money involved i.e. non-prostitution activities?

Yes. it's called 377A

"Kinsey says everyone has homosexual tendencies in various degree. YOU'RE ALL GAY!!!" ~ from some kid I overheard in a KFC.

yep, the police cannot lure you to committ crime haha.

they can catch you and not charge you in the end, but they can still make your life difficult.

"Kinsey says everyone has homosexual tendencies in various degree. YOU'RE ALL GAY!!!" ~ from some kid I overheard in a KFC.

partner checked in first, upon questioned, told them i (didn't mention m or f) will only be coming later. they requested that i show my ID when i arrive. when i walked in, i din bother to show my ID. 1/2 hour later, reception called the room asking if i have arrived, and request for ID. partner replied that i have arrived, and will show ID later upon check out.

Checked out together with partner, asked them if they need to see my ID. the reception took one look at us and replied "Oh.. no need"

Think they are demanding for ID of your partner, cos they are afraid your partner might be female china pros.. just check in together lor. these guys, in this line, have seen more absurb things than you can imagine..

Would It Shatter Your Illusion If This Angel Had Been Cursed?

http://shitou79.blogspot.com

partner checked in first, upon questioned, told them i (didn't mention m or f) will only be coming later. they requested that i show my ID when i arrive. when i walked in, i din bother to show my ID. 1/2 hour later, reception called the room asking if i have arrived, and request for ID. partner replied that i have arrived, and will show ID later upon check out.

Checked out together with partner, asked them if they need to see my ID. the reception took one look at us and replied "Oh.. no need"

Think they are demanding for ID of your partner, cos they are afraid your partner might be female china pros.. just check in together lor. these guys, in this line, have seen more absurb things than you can imagine..

I feel very shy to checking in with my bf or show 2 male i/c.

Any other hotel(s) need not to show both i/c besides hotel 81? Pls advise.

Guest enquiry

which hotel81 u went to? does this checking of both ids apply to all hotel81? they didnt check when i went the other time to hotel 81 at lavender, but that was some one month back....

1. I was at Hotel81 Lavender 2 days ago for ... :)

I went to the counter to register. They wanted me to show the IC / Passports of my friend and myself. I told the counter staff, my partner is late. I want to check in to bath first.

2. The counter staff told me that all Hotel 81 branches require to see 2 IC / Passports.

Although the second guy can just "wave" their pink ic when he comes later. They won't record details of the second IC as it is Pink. Pink IC not problem for authorities.

3. EXCEPTION: She told me that only exception are the Hotel81 branches in Geylang, they won't check the second IC / Passports.

Guest enquiry

the one I went was hotel 81 violet,next to the older hotel81 lavender. Were u at the latter? what they doing is so 'unfriendly'. They should know that sometimes (heterosexuals included) want to be discreet too. Flashing ic and not recording it is still 'exposing' oneself to counter staff what.

1. I was at Hotel81 Lavender 2 days ago for ... :)

I went to the counter to register. They wanted me to see the IC / Passports of my friend and myself. I told the counter staff, my partner is late. I want check in to go bath first.

2. The counter staff told me that all Hotel 81 branches require to see 2 IC / Passports.

Although the second guy can just "wave" their pink ic when he comes later. They won't record details of the second IC as it is Pink. Pink IC not problem for authorities.

3. EXCEPTION: She told me that only exceptions are the Hotel81 in Geylang, they won't check the second IC / Passports.

Guest enquiry

so can anyone update on the latest? does one need to show 2 i/cs when checking into hotel81? what if the other partner is not pink i/c? or anyone knows which hotel81s doent check?

• 1 month later...
Guest sgmarried

so can anyone update on the latest? does one need to show 2 i/cs when checking into hotel81? what if the other partner is not pink i/c? or anyone knows which hotel81s doent check?

if not mistaken, book 1 day room only need 1 IC, of coz it cost u more, was in Nicoll hotel juz now, my frenz chk in to the hotel 1st, later his frenz go in, when i go in the uncle in reception dun even ask me where im going.

aiya since they r checking IC to ensure no illegal nationality doing biz in their hotel, just show lor.

i bet they are ok whether u r gay or straight lor.

rather than making them REMEMBERING you by calling you and checking CCTV, just show 2 IC, go up once and for all. the staff also no need to track u down like a mouse.

aiya since they r checking IC to ensure no illegal nationality doing biz in their hotel, just show lor.

i bet they are ok whether u r gay or straight lor.

rather than making them REMEMBERING you by calling you and checking CCTV, just show 2 IC, go up once and for all. the staff also no need to track u down like a mouse.

Totally agreed.... Went a few times with my partner and we check in together.... Nothing wrong... They still say "enjoy your stay"....

Guest curious

which branch is that?

and for those who have to show 2 ICs, does the second person have to be there when u show it? what is the second person is not a singaporean but other nationality? will that pose a problem?

Guest Double Price

I went there recently. They asked me if I have anyone following me. I told them no. Then I sms-ed the guy. He came to my room. No problems!

I went on the week of chinese new year.

At the counter, I registered and said my friend coming later.

Later my friend going up, the counter demanded to know which room and show IC.

He so paiseh, he say he was there to take a nap and just registered and paid for another room then went up the lift to my room.

It was a expensive fxxk at double the price.

• 4 weeks later...

I think also important is we must know what happens to the data. Is the data sent to the Govt to be stored in some database? Such taht the data can be used against us one day, e.g. when we run for opposition in election, apply to MOE for teaching post?

I'm working as a front desk staff for hotel 81.

Basically, we, front desk, had seen too many about transit stay until it's numb to us already. We have more paper work to do than to care about what you do in the room, unless you cause damage to the room or have more than 3 ~ 4 people in the room for a long time. Because most room is only main for two adults the most. Imagine that if we care about Guy A checking in with guy B, and Guy c checking with girl D and etc... until we knock off we still can't finish our work on the front desk... We may seen like relaxing behind the counter. But, we are not!!!

Hiya! Since CCTV is every where why care to sneak into the hotel rooms! 2 guys juz book a hotel room la! Walk in together!

Why!? 2 guys cannot book hotel to rest only ah? U think what go hotel sure have sex meh?

Drunk guys use to book hotel rooms for resting after their drinking session, it's so normal

Guest Guest

It is afterall managing your own perceptions and how much you mind others (hotel counter staff) look at you. Although your rationale is correct in terms of 2 guys may not be checking into a room to have sex, but many of us somehow still have this guilty conscious in us that we are indeed checking in for sex. It is a matter of wanting to be as discreet as possible versus what could not be the actual situation which others may think.

I used to check into budget hotels with the right guys i know from the net, usually the married ones would prefer. But now the venue becomes a challenge for closed door activities.

If anyone knows of any budget hotel that is less stringent with its registration, please share the information. Thanks.

• 1 month later...
Guest Alternative

I was told that Hotel81 now checks IC. Got any alternative place that do not check IC.

Got sauna, but sometime I want a proper bed.

I was told that Hotel81 now checks IC. Got any alternative place that do not check IC.

Got sauna, but sometime I want a proper bed.

Hotel81 ALWAYS checks IC, if you check-in you must produce identification....same goes for all hotels buddy!!! Big or small.

Only to lie like this between the bombs, dreaming away and not alone, because time was very short.

Guest Guest

There is a hotel in Geyland that quite cheap for hourly rate and they only require 1 guest to register. I think is call Taipei hotel in lorong 8

• 2 weeks later...
  • IkuTube changed the title to Budget Hotel/Hotel 81 Discussion - Check Guest I C + Showing Nric / Fin Card For Hotel 81? + Still Have Hourly Rates? (Compiled)
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.