Male HQ

Katong Swimming Complex

29 minutes ago, Tim Lee said:

I doubt Katong Pool would tear down the cubicles .

Singapore is still very conservative compared to Europe and our nearly Asian countries.

it just give me the impression that we are not ready for open showers in our local pools.
Sigh! 

We used to have open shower across all pools. Then they erected the cubicle. Then they add the door. 
While we march  into the 21st century, some people’s mind is moving backwards. 

10 minutes ago, MikeC said:

At East Coast the relatively newer parkland green and marine cove showers and toilets have a mix of closed door and open showers.  Maintaining open showers is so much easier and ventilation is better too. Definitely less mould.

So there is HOPE for a more open and inclusive society 😬

Swimming pools can start with a mixture of both open and closed door showers.   😳

Pls write in to SSC. I support. Haha

On 10/8/2020 at 6:02 PM, Tim Lee said:

I doubt Katong Pool would tear down the cubicles .

Singapore is still very conservative compared to Europe and our nearly Asian countries.

it just give me the impression that we are not ready for open showers in our local pools.
Sigh! 

Katong started with open shower concept. So is Bedok. It was later, past 5 to 10 years ago, that the great wall of China was built.

16 hours ago, coolman said:

Katong started with open shower concept. So is Bedok. It was later, past 5 to 10 years ago, that the great wall of China was built.

not forgetting the old Bouna Vista/Holland pool with the open showers directly facing each other. Used to go there when I was a kid. Many naughty things happened there~ 

12 minutes ago, swimboisg said:

not forgetting the old Bouna Vista/Holland pool with the open showers directly facing each other. Used to go there when I was a kid. Many naughty things happened there~ 

i frequented there once a month & one night a hot swimmer finished bathing & looked at me & made signals at me...

...& very very naughty things happened in the toilet cubicle which included him "deflowering & devouring me..."

it was one wild night to remember🔥

Edited by 30yochinese
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Went to Katong pool on NYE. Noticed that most of the swimmers during my timeslot seem to have decent bodies and are relatively younger compared to Kallang Basin, and some of them even wore white trunks to contrast with their tanned bodies. Most interesting thing is their eyes kept wandering without focusing on swimming.

One of them next to me at the pool kept looking at me but I was just enjoying the sun and ignoring him. So he got up to go to the changing room, and I saw one of the guys follow him. (That guy was actually suntanning and he got up as soon as he saw the other man heading to the changing room.)

2 hours ago, repressednerd said:

Went to Katong pool on NYE. Noticed that most of the swimmers during my timeslot seem to have decent bodies and are relatively younger compared to Kallang Basin, and some of them even wore white trunks to contrast with their tanned bodies. Most interesting thing is their eyes kept wandering without focusing on swimming.

One of them next to me at the pool kept looking at me but I was just enjoying the sun and ignoring him. So he got up to go to the changing room, and I saw one of the guys follow him. (That guy was actually suntanning and he got up as soon as he saw the other man heading to the changing room.)

That is Katong pool. 😙

On 1/1/2021 at 12:24 PM, repressednerd said:

Yeah....oh so di-tanjong katong...LOL 

It's always very interesting at the shower area. But dun go there during Christmas as Santa Claus is coming to town. He finds it very noti to swim from pool to shower area that has no doors. You better not try, and I'm telling you why, Santa Claus is coming to town...(to use d urinal...

kekeke)

@Joseph Tan  

Pssst: You're one SEXXXY YUM YUM Santa Claus! 

Edited by yuquidam
9 hours ago, yuquidam said:

It's always very interesting at the shower area. But dun go there during Christmas as Santa Claus is coming to town. He finds it very noti to swim from pool to shower area that has no doors. You better not try, and I'm telling you why, Santa Claus is coming to town...(to use d urinal...

kekeke)

@Joseph Tan  

Pssst: You're one SEXXXY YUM YUM Santa Claus! 

Omg! Soooo effort leh! Santa didn't go le. At the Showers no one free to see Santa exhibiting his presents, all just bathe n go! :(

On 10/8/2020 at 6:33 PM, bluerunner said:

We used to have open shower across all pools. Then they erected the cubicle. Then they add the door. 
While we march  into the 21st century, some people’s mind is moving backwards. 

Their heads are moving forward bcos of their feet. Their minds are moving backwards bcos of their education.

On 12/16/2020 at 6:20 AM, bluerunner said:

Utterly rubbish excuse lor. 
 It’s the only pool that does not have a 6:30am slot. Evening slots also cancelled. Tsk tsk. 

Was there recently, and when I was toweling up to leave, a super friendly lifeguard walked by and we chatted for a bit. Asked him about it, and he said the flood lights have been taken down, dunno for repair or replacement? I looked up and true enough all naked (the lights I mean) ...... bulbs all gone. Maybe pool attendance, especially with this covid nonsense, does not justify replacement. But chicken and egg problem leh. Give us some illumination, we will flock there rain, shine, day or night.

1 hour ago, ejszaka said:

Was there recently, and when I was toweling up to leave, a super friendly lifeguard walked by and we chatted for a bit. Asked him about it, and he said the flood lights have been taken down, dunno for repair or replacement? I looked up and true enough all naked (the lights I mean) ...... bulbs all gone. Maybe pool attendance, especially with this covid nonsense, does not justify replacement. But chicken and egg problem leh. Give us some illumination, we will flock there rain, shine, day or night.

Looks like times are really bad. Higher management is controlled every single cents spent. 

On 1/11/2021 at 10:36 AM, ejszaka said:

So sad. Not enough money for many things. 

• 2 weeks later...
22 hours ago, ralph84 said:

Is tanning allowed now? 

The deck chairs are all gone. They lifeguards won't stop you if you're just soaking up some sun at the ends of the pool, but you're not gonna get much in 50 short minutes. It's just barely sufficient to do 20-30 laps and get a quick shower. 

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
2 hours ago, asiandaddy said:

Used to go there on weekends back in the early 2000s.

Is the place still the same? Remembered the shower cubicles had no doors.

Wah "no doors"? So havoc! 😉

Well, there are doors now, but with certain shower cubicles strategically located at the further end on each side, things happen... I've seen empty lube and condom packets on the floor. The toilet doors go all the way to the floor.

3 hours ago, JYAG-sim said:

Wah "no doors"? So havoc! 😉

Well, there are doors now, but with certain shower cubicles strategically located at the further end on each side, things happen... I've seen empty lube and condom packets on the floor. The toilet doors go all the way to the floor.

To look out for my things at the bench/hanger in the middle of the changing room I don't close my door while showering or just close where I can outside but outside cannot see inside. Then I wrap towel come out.

Edited by firefight
1 hour ago, firefight said:

To look out for my things at the bench/hanger in the middle of the changing room I don't close my door while showering or just close where I can outside but outside cannot see inside. Then I wrap towel come out.

Think that's the most logical reason why most showered with door ajar or opened. But we tend to modify that and take advantage..reinvent it to be now known as a form of cruising. 😆