Male HQ

Katong Swimming Complex

On 8/24/2022 at 1:08 PM, mrjuicetiger said:

Think its alright but i usually see those wearing gym shorts to swim at the practice pool

Haha… maybe that’s a cue to swim at the practice pool, until I gain confidence to swim at the adult pool. I thought wearing swim briefs too weird for someone my age and swim skill level

On 8/24/2022 at 3:25 PM, MarriedDongky said:

Haha… maybe that’s a cue to swim at the practice pool, until I gain confidence to swim at the adult pool. I thought wearing swim briefs too weird for someone my age and swim skill level

Honestly, no one will look or will think that you are weird. Many times, we are our worst devil advocate. 
Wear the appropriate attire for each sports. 
Remember, you will not be able to please everyone. All you need is to please yourself. 

On 8/24/2022 at 3:25 PM, MarriedDongky said:

Or you can try swimming trunks? but as bluerunner mentioned, as long as its appropriate its fine :)

Side note: I do know of a friend who swims at KP wearing Japanese brand Toot trunks (not the swimming trunks) though... it doesn't get see through when it's wet/underneath the water hmm

On 8/24/2022 at 3:32 PM, bluerunner said:

Honestly, no one will look or will think that you are weird. Many times, we are our worst devil advocate. 
Wear the appropriate attire for each sports. 
Remember, you will not be able to please everyone. All you need is to please yourself. 

Right… I thought there was a certain dress code for the pools in SG, been away too long… in Europe certain pools need proper swim trunks or tights and a swim cap is compulsory otherwise you aren’t allowed in the pool 

On 8/24/2022 at 3:41 PM, mrjuicetiger said:

Or you can try swimming trunks? but as bluerunner mentioned, as long as its appropriate its fine :)

Side note: I do know of a friend who swims at KP wearing Japanese brand Toot trunks (not the swimming trunks) though... it doesn't get see through when it's wet/underneath the water hmm

If there’s no dress code requirement, I should be good with my running shorts, obviously will not wear white 🤪. Will run out to get a pair of googles and I should good to start. 

On 8/24/2022 at 5:14 PM, MarriedDongky said:

If there’s no dress code requirement, I should be good with my running shorts, obviously will not wear white 🤪. Will run out to get a pair of googles and I should good to start. 

At some pools, board shorts or gym shorts are not allowed in the big pool. Better to have a swimming trunks be it triangular or square w you. 
Swim cap is optional here. 

On 8/24/2022 at 7:14 PM, MarriedDongky said:

As long as your shorts do not look like "street wear"

I saw lifeguard telling off a swimmer at YCK pool for not wearing proper attire

On 8/24/2022 at 6:26 PM, bluerunner said:

At some pools, board shorts or gym shorts are not allowed in the big pool. Better to have a swimming trunks be it triangular or square w you. 
Swim cap is optional here. 

I’ll try my luck with shorts, am not a trunks person. I dont wear underwear and go commando usually , so dont own any trinks/briefs. Too uncomfortable 

On 8/24/2022 at 8:55 PM, MarriedDongky said:

My shorts are similar to the ones the lifeguards are wearing.  

I have many swim shorts bought on ASOS which i wear out like normal sportswear. Haha.

On 8/24/2022 at 3:23 PM, mrjuicetiger said:

earlier on, there was a swimmer doing laps, and he was wearing a long pair of board shorts...

(very fit bod and looks dashing too. some of you here might have seen him?)

Very fair guy? Board shorts is black based with some colored prints? 

On 8/26/2022 at 2:56 PM, bluerunner said:

Yes. It’s a wet Friday. 

Was at the pool from 115pm to 205pm... Here's what I saw

I saw
- White trunks tall uncle hanging around in changing room

- fit angmoh walked naked to pee. Swims steady and smooth although not so fast
- Cute young dude practicising in training pool, freestyle is very good.

- Power swimmer with earring, swims very fast and furious. Good stamina too though also need to stop at the sides like me sometimes.

On 8/26/2022 at 5:21 PM, firefight said:

- Power swimmer with earring, swims very fast and furious. Good stamina too though also need to stop at the sides like me sometimes.

Stops at the end of the pool or at the side of the pool? 
If need to stop then stamina is ma-ma and not so pro le. 
Not so fast but continuous swim would be better stamina and deem more pro to me. 

On 9/10/2022 at 12:29 PM, mrjuicetiger said:

You just came through the gantry as i walked out

Looking good as ever. Wonder if you’re here reading this

Stop wondering. Time to open your golden mouth and say "hi". You have nothing to lose. Gold bar will not drop out from your mouth. Perhaps, you could get to know that person. Good luck.