Male HQ

Katong Swimming Complex

On 10/9/2022 at 3:39 PM, bluerunner said:

@swimboisg: I was there earlier. Probably I left before you arrived. 

p/s: Somehow, I could not reply another person's posting with the "Quote" function anymore. Is that just me who is facing this problem?

Hi @bluerunner I am testing out the live "Quote" function.  It appears to be working. Cheers.

Edited by AgentFit
On 11/23/2022 at 12:48 AM, bluerunner said:

Katong pool has been extremely gay friendly so far. Lifeguards and cleaners know what’s going on, I am sure. They have been really ‘nice’ to people like us. 
Therefore, we should know where to draw the line without jeopardising everyone. That’s basic courtesy. I know some gay men don’t care. If you are one, please go somewhere else. 
I want a fun pool like Katong and I would like everyone treat each other w respect. 
That’s not too much to ask for. 

Been going on for ages. Remembered when I used to swim/tan there in early 2000s, it was already that cruisy.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/1/2022 at 7:43 PM, leantt said:

R we still allow to sun tan at the pool? Suntan chair still there?

yes

On 12/1/2022 at 7:48 PM, suntanning said:

Wading pool is open?

yes too depends on time though. call the pool to check.

On 12/11/2022 at 9:16 AM, Bluewhite said:

How’s the crowd weekdays noon?

quite standard mix of office ppl, unkers and exhibitors 

• 2 weeks later...

14 Jan (Sat)

It's an extremely hot day despite the quick shower at about 1pm.

Had a good swim as the pool was not crowded. I guess the regulars thought the big pool is closed.

Saw several familiar faces at the pool.

However, one of the pool volunteer (in Team Nila tshirt) seems to be cruising in the shower room. 🙄

Saw him going to "pee" 2x within 10min, and he stood in front of the basin (pretending) washing his hands for a long time.

Edited by bluerunner

With the impending closure of KB pool (might as well lah), I decided to head to Katong pool today for a swim since it was along the way and I had not visited it ever since Covid hit in 2020.

The new additions are the ActiveSG gym on the entrance right (used to house a kids' gym) and a fitness studio on the left. The pools are largely untouched, save for the huge blue flooring between the wading and competition pools. And for the regular sunbathers, the deck chairs are no longer found at the far end of the complex.

Then there's the renovated toilet / changing room. True to what was said here, the layout makes cruising extremely difficult. Basically whether you're showering, changing or peeing, you're in plain sight of everyone, unlike in the past (heh heh 😏😉). 

To the tall guy I was changing in front of (yes, you familiar hottie, you), it was definitely tempting to see how the bulge in your dark red trunks swell (I grew hard too 🤭) as we exchanged glances. Too bad the layout and patrons (including gym goers) walking in and out made it impossible to do anything. If you read this, pm me!

On 1/16/2023 at 9:14 PM, JYAG-sim said:

With the impending closure of KB pool (might as well lah), I decided to head to Katong pool today for a swim since it was along the way and I had not visited it ever since Covid hit in 2020.

The new additions are the ActiveSG gym on the entrance right (used to house a kids' gym) and a fitness studio on the left. The pools are largely untouched, save for the huge blue flooring between the wading and competition pools. And for the regular sunbathers, the deck chairs are no longer found at the far end of the complex.

Then there's the renovated toilet / changing room. True to what was said here, the layout makes cruising extremely difficult. Basically whether you're showering, changing or peeing, you're in plain sight of everyone, unlike in the past (heh heh 😏😉). 

To the tall guy I was changing in front of (yes, you familiar hottie, you), it was definitely tempting to see how the bulge in your dark red trunks swell (I grew hard too 🤭) as we exchanged glances. Too bad the layout and patrons (including gym goers) walking in and out made it impossible to do anything. If you read this, pm me!

Btw, when is this closing gonna happen?  Was googling SportSg website on the closures, can't seem to find it. Is it one of those redevelopment things that will take a couple of years?

10 hours ago, ejszaka said:

Btw, when is this closing gonna happen?  Was googling SportSg website on the closures, can't seem to find it. Is it one of those redevelopment things that will take a couple of years?

It doesn't make sense to remake just the sports complex but not the surrounding buildings as a whole development which is situated right beside the MRT stn. Might be another decade...

On 1/18/2023 at 11:36 AM, ejszaka said:

Hey @ejszaka! Sorry for the confusion. What I meant was KB pool is perpetually closed due to "lack of manpower", so might as well just close the entire swimming complex. It is NOT an actual closure.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Date: 8 Apr

It was a very hot day (that's before the rain came). Surprisingly, just a handful of swimmers at the big pool. Probably, people are away for the long weekend.

There was a young cruiser in the changing room. He was there for at least 40min! I saw him walking before I start my swim and he was still inside after I had finished my shower and left the changing room.

Needless to say, he was doing nothing inside but waiting for naked men to walk out after shower. Tsk tsk. 

Eh.....if you are here, that's w-a-y too obvious yeah. 🙈

20 hours ago, bluerunner said:

I really don’t think folks like this care even if dagger-staring them straight in the eyes. Had encountered such and what they do is leave only to re-enter behind some hot studs 😂. Magnets to strong against my angry face. 😝 Probably the reasons why almost all pools shower area had gone thru revamping over and over. I remembered early days of Delta there were huge man-size wall mirrors but that spot is very hot 😂 cos it reflect the shower area, so people were just forever combing hair or adjusting themselves but we know what they up to. Ok, me guilty as charge too but I problem only linger few mins and when got really yummy reflections 😂 

ok back to the pool. Do agree pool pretty quiet lately and where I swam on Fri, had 4 various sizes death hornets kept floating in my way. 🤮 

21 hours ago, bluerunner said:

It was a very hot day (that's before the rain came). Surprisingly, just a handful of swimmers at the big pool. Probably, people are away for the long weekend.

There was a young cruiser in the changing room. He was there for at least 40min! I saw him walking before I start my swim and he was still inside after I had finished my shower and left the changing room.

Needless to say, he was doing nothing inside but waiting for naked men to walk out after shower. Tsk tsk. 

Well the toilet in Katong is way too hard to cruise. Give up! 

22 Apr

It is an extremely hot day. Needless to say, gay men rule the pool. 
Cruisers, exhibitionists, …and voyagers, of course, come in swimwear of multiple colours and cuttings. As long as lifeguards are not giving anyone trouble, it’s a game of seen and be seen, outside at the pool and inside the changing room. 
Have fun people! 
Selamat Hari Raya! 

1 hour ago, bluerunner said:

22 Apr

It is an extremely hot day. Needless to say, gay men rule the pool. 
Cruisers, exhibitionists, …and voyagers, of course, come in swimwear of multiple colours and cuttings. As long as lifeguards are not giving anyone trouble, it’s a game of seen and be seen, outside at the pool and inside the changing room. 
Have fun people! 
Selamat Hari Raya! 

today ph still hv pple?

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...