Male HQ

Katong Swimming Complex

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Reached the pool at 11:45am this morning but the lightning advisory was activated. The lifeguard there told me it was activated since 11:20am. I waited since the sky was clear. Drizzle came and gone. Dark cloudy started to zoom in at 12:30pm. Lightning advisory is still activated. Tummy started to growl. I decided to leave the pool for lunch. 
What an uneventful day. 

This weekend’s weather forecast doesn’t look terrific. Hmm … 🤔

@bluerunner my area 10am sunny outside window but from the distance already heard faint sound of thunder and NEA app also indicated lightning detected. Gave up waiting by 1pm. 

Anyone know how the pools check the Cat on thundery days? Notice few times on NEA app stated lightning detected on the location but pool still allow swimming. Seems they checking not with NEA app?

38 minutes ago, shyc said:

@bluerunner my area 10am sunny outside window but from the distance already heard faint sound of thunder and NEA app also indicated lightning detected. Gave up waiting by 1pm. 

Anyone know how the pools check the Cat on thundery days? Notice few times on NEA app stated lightning detected on the location but pool still allow swimming. Seems they checking not with NEA app?

Supposedly, they are following NEA. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Joseph Tan said:

Hmm, I am not sure how’s the crowd now!

At lunch hour today (12:30pm - 1:30pm), the big pool of as crowded. Polo training, kinds swimming lessons, and public swimming. 
The teaching pool was ok from 12:30-1:15pm. More people started coming in from 1:00pm. 
When I left the pool at about 1:30pm, all the lanes in the teaching pool were occupied. 
One annoying sighting is there is always someone who like to swim again the norm. 
In the teaching pool today, everyone swims length wise. One aunty chooses to swim breath wise when then are other 5 swimmers swimming laps along the length of the pool. Lifeguard ought to do something in situation like this. Thank God, I was already out of the pool when I saw that. 

• 3 weeks later...

The sun's out so the guys are back after 1pm. Apparently there is school swim class today finishing by noonish and all the kids left around 1245. Wanna say hi to the unker in yellow/white trunks and other swimmers. 

Red color white border trunks guy - your trunks are nice and show your dongle well

Purplish red trunk guy with swim cap - amazing stamina, swimmer built

Camou trunks fit uncle - always see you around both in gym and at pool. 

Other guys, a great day to be around right? 

Can anyone advise when is a good time to swim laps at Katong pool these days?  I went on one fine weekday morning at 9+, learner's pool got kids, adult pool closed for water polo training. What's the norm these days?  I dare not go there for the time being liao.

On 2/6/2024 at 10:39 AM, MikeC said:

I was there on a weekday around 11+ or in the afternoons before 5 pm and it was ok.  Even if there was training, they keep to a few lanes.  Maybe can check with the staff when u r there?

Thanks! I finally got to see a sign that shows details of training w.e.f. 1/11/23

M, W, Th, F :  5pm-7pm (3 lanes closed)

M, W, F       : 7pm-9pm (half pool closed, no idea lengthwise or breadth)

Sa, Su      : 8am-2pm (half pool closed, once again no bloody idea length or breadth)

Edited by ejszaka
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Balestier said:

Then can tan in thongs or g strings at corner without disturbance

There is a strict lifeguard who does not allow thongs in the premise. I have seen people kena verbal warning. 
Perhaps, you could do so while he is off duty. I have seen people thonging around at hours where he is not on duty. 

1 hour ago, bluerunner said:

There is a strict lifeguard who does not allow thongs in the premise. I have seen people kena verbal warning. 
Perhaps, you could do so while he is off duty. I have seen people thonging around at hours where he is not on duty. 

Guess females in thongs are allowed ?? but not guys

On 3/3/2024 at 12:41 PM, Balestier said:

Guess females in thongs are allowed ?? but not guys

I've seen a female swimmer in thongs in the competition pool and the lifeguards didn't bat an eyelid. Guess the period i was there didn't have kids. 

When I reached there was a couple together. They were drying up after washing I think and were okay with showing what they had. As there were many people and the cleaning dude, the heat probably was kept on a lid. 

While swimming there was a hunk in the pool too in blue trunks and a large Arena print on the front. He had a nice tanned skin (a rarity) and cute face.  The gorgeous part was the butt side. The curves.. oohhh. He took his time cleaning and then air-drying himself in the cubicle (not sure why as I spotted a towel). 

There were other regulars at the pool too given the nice weather. Hope everyone had a good swim!