Male HQ

All about Covid-19 Discussion in Singapore (compiled)

Guest Guest

Guest Guest

30% of those tested have coronavirus antibody

A phlebotomist working at Roseland Community Hospital said Thursday that 30% to 50% of patients tested for the coronavirus have antibodies while only around 10% to 20% of those tested have the active virus. Sumaya Owaynat, a phlebotomy technician, said she tests between 400 and 600 patients on an average day in the parking lot at Roseland Community Hospital. Drive-thru testing is from 9 a.m. to noon and 1 to 4 p.m. each day. However, the hospital has a limited number of tests they can give per day.  

A recent study of 1,000 people in the Heinsberg District of Bonn, Germany found that 15% of the population had contracted the virus, many unknowingly and without symptoms.

https://chicagocitywire.com/stories/530092711-roseland-hospital-phlebotomist-30-of-those-tested-have-coronavirus-antibody

Like I mentioned before, maybe we should start mass testing for antibodies.

Guest Guest

wow .... such scams have been going on for years. Why haven't they been rooted out yet?? And we actually have an INTERPOL office right here in Singapore too... What are they doing? Another WHO? 

https://www.police.gov.sg/media-room/news/20200413_police-advisory-on-china-officials-impersonation-scam

POLICE ADVISORY ON CHINA OFFICIALS IMPERSONATION SCAM 

The Police would like to alert the public to a new variant of the China Officials impersonation scam whereby callers impersonated as staff from the Ministry of Health (MOH) before referring victims to scammers claiming to be China Officials. Since March 2020, the Police received at least five such reports, with total losses amounting to more than $110,000.

In the latest variant, callers impersonating as MOH staff would claim that China officials had seized parcels containing contraband medicine to treat COVID-19, which are registered under the victims’ names. The calls would then be transferred to another person claiming to be from the ‘Chinese Police’ investigating the case. The victims would be duped into believing that their identities had been misused and that they needed to provide their personal information such as NRIC, passport details and internet banking credentials for investigation in order to absolve themselves from any criminal offence. The victims were also instructed not to disclose any information, and were asked to contact the ‘Chinese Police’ on a daily basis.

In past cases of China Officials impersonation scam, scammers had impersonated as staff from courier companies, telecommunication service providers, or officers from government organisations ..... 

On 4/12/2020 at 12:05 AM, Guest Guest said:

This is scary!  So far I could find only this article about the subject on the internet. 

One hears plenty about the covid-19 vaccine, estimated to be ready in about one year.

The HIV is also a virus,  and after many decades there is still no vaccine, no cure.

But HIV is treatable, and if covid-19 becomes the same, this is already a gain.

Guest Guest
3 hours ago, Since u r here said:

i dont see anything wrong with distributing extra masks 
and no1 use your personal mask for work purposes - pls be professional!!

That’s a moronic pov which only shows how stupid you truly are. If people can be given written warnings and fined $300 on the spot for eating alone, this idiot and his new grassroot leader should be fined along with his entire entourage along with the reporter.

Guest be careful
1 hour ago, Guest Guest said:

A "community" hospital catering to locals? Huh.....?? 

Are you sure...? Do you see any mention of any revocation of this other person's PR in this article: https://mothership.sg/2019/08/scoot-air-stewardess-molest-flight/ ? 

Are you in denial or are you delusional? 

Don't put a PR and a Foreigner, Foreign Employment Pass Holder into the same shoe. 

These are different things.

Guest Try and see
26 minutes ago, Guest Guest said:

Singapore confirms record 386 more cases, one additional death, and 4 new clusters; total at 2,918

I wouldn't be surprised at all if a lot of these Bangla workers (which form the bulk of the 386) deliberately let themselves get infected in order to have a break from work.

After all, the S'pore government has ordered that all infected Bangla workers are to continue receiving their full salaries while convalescing.

To them, it's an offer too good to miss.

Guest disgusting
7 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

And that is when the foreign workers dormitories virus clusters started blooming like mushrooms all over Singapore. It really doesn't take a genius to know that a single case in the dormitories can lead to a virus spreading like a wildfire. You don't need "hindsight" for that. You just need common sense. And to be honest, harsh as I may sound, I am even wondering if some of those infected foreign workers got themselves infected deliberately, with all the "incentives" to fall sick and still get paid. People who have worked with these foreign workers before would know very well the truth of what I had said, especially with maybe a minimum of 50,000 foreign workers in all those affected clusters. 

With these two points at play: crowded conditions and possible deliberate infections, I think our infected foreign workers numbers will not stop so easily, and I won't be surprised if see at least 1000 foreign workers infections. If the carrots of giving them mask and telling them to keep safe distances is not going to work, I guess the next thing to do is to use the cane on them and let all of them know that they will no longer be allowed to work in Singapore after their recovery because of their contagious disease history.

Something must be done soon to control these foreign workers. If this crowd of infected foreign workers are not managed well and gets released back into the community in due course, there won't be any hiding from the virus for any of us here in Singapore at all. This is not even a "prediction". This is almost a certainty. 

It is disgusting what you write here about these foreign workers. You should be ashamed of yourself. 

You demonstrate to us clearly for not knowing or never having spoken to one of those workers. 

Coming up here and writing, these Bangladeshi and Tamil workers would intentionally getting infected with Corona virus to enjoy free lunches and pay for no work is one of the most repugnant things I have read for long at BW. 

You should look at the numbers of MCs of Foreign Workers during non Covid19 times and compare these numbers with Singaporeans taking MC in usual times. You would be surprised how low and near to zero the MC rate of these Foreign workers are. 

And you think these Foreign Workers are enjoying their time being confined with 8 - 16 other guys in a cramped 25 sqm room and beautiful sanitary conditions?

If you ever had made a humble effort to know some of these foreign workers and talk with them, you had noted for the "take home" salary being very low and most of them eager to work OT and on weekends to earn more money. And instead you come up here painting them as lazy bumps just waiting for a chance to get free food and a paid holiday trip with "incentives" in their beautiful dormitories and having nothing better to do as running around and getting infected with Covid 19. 

Go out and see for yourself first, these Foreign workers wake up at 6am or earlier, get ferried to the construction sites, work the whole day in heat and sun and are picked up at 10 pm to 11 pm to get ferried again to their dorms with few hours of sleep. And this for years. 

I m quite certain for you never have worked anything serious in your life and walk around blind through Singapore to come here and post your direspectful and inhuman allegations. 

It would be more appropriate to give you a smacking with the rotan for helping you in coming back to your senses. 

What a disgusting person you are. You're a digrace to the Singapore society to utter such respectless words.

You reminded us at BW again on the ugly, exploitive Singaporean. 

Guest Try and see
3 minutes ago, Guest disgusting said:

It is disgusting what you write here about these foreign workers. You should be ashamed of yourself. 

You demonstrate to us clearly for not knowing or never having spoken to one of those workers. 

Coming up here and writing, these Bangladeshi and Tamil workers would intentionally getting infected with Corona virus to enjoy free lunches and pay for no work is one of the most repugnant things I have read for long at BW. 

You should look at the numbers of MCs of Foreign Workers during non Covid19 times and compare these numbers with Singaporeans taking MC in usual times. You would be surprised how low and near to zero the MC rate of these Foreign workers are. 

And you think these Foreign Workers are enjoying their time being confined with 8 - 16 other guys in a cramped 25 sqm room and beautiful sanitary conditions?

If you ever had made a humble effort to know some of these foreign workers and talk with them, you had noted for the "take home" salary being very low and most of them eager to work OT and on weekends to earn more money. And instead you come up here painting them as lazy bumps just waiting for a chance to get free food and a paid holiday trip with "incentives" in their beautiful dormitories and having nothing better to do as running around and getting infected with Covid 19. 

Go out and see for yourself first, these Foreign workers wake up at 6am or earlier, get ferried to the construction sites, work the whole day in heat and sun and are picked up at 10 pm to 11 pm to get ferried again to their dorms with few hours of sleep. And this for years. 

It's a very high possibility.

You mentioned yourself how hard and back-breaking the nature of their work is, and how little they are paid.

If they get infected, they have nothing to lose and everything to gain.

Furthermore these are healthy and strong young men who are confident of beating the coronavirus, so they're not afraid of it.

And they have no wives or kids living with them here, so their more vulnerable family members are safe.

You're so sure not a single one of them would see it as a break from work?

You are entitled to your own opinion, of course. I simply prefer not to be so naive.

Guest Guest
8 minutes ago, Guest Try and see said:

You mentioned yourself how hard and back-breaking the nature of their work is, and how little they are paid.

Furthermore these are healthy and strong young men who are confident of beating the coronavirus, so they're not afraid of it.

And they have no wives or kids living with them here, so their more vulnerable family members are safe.

You are entitled to your own opinion, of course. I simply prefer not to be so naive.

Please read the following before posting any more ignorant comments,

https://mothership.sg/2020/02/bangladehis-food-nutrition/

11 minutes ago, Guest Guest said:

25 minutes ago, Guest Try and see said:

Horrible inhuman treatment of foreign workers!  They are people like you and I,  and infinitely more deserving.  While middle-class Singaporeans send their kids to ivy league schools overseas, these Bangladesh workers help their children and wife by breaking their backs working overseas for pitiful compensation.  We don't know if KARMA exists for individuals, and it may as well exist for whole countries.  If foreign workers are weakened by having to eat meager meals of rancid food,  and therefore may easily fall victims of the virus,  it will be the SG government who will have to pay for their medical attention.  And in the hospital, they may get more and better food, surely not rancid.

The presence of foreign workers in SG appears to be a natural consequence of the SG people not being willing to do the labor that the foreigners have to do,  exploiting the completely random destiny that they were born in SG while the foreign workers were not.  One day we will have ONE earth and ONE human race. :angry:

Guest Errrr ....
8 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

You think the straight people are not hooking up?? You think straight people are not promiscuous?? Get real, OK? And if both of you are gays yourself, does that mean that the two of you are also trying to hook up with others for sex right now? Don't come here and throw your holier-than-thou attitudes at other people over here. 

Errrr ... 
By your logic ... if others are stealing, it’s ok for you to steal too?  You’re a 跟屁蟲 with no brain to think, judge, decide what is the right thing to do in this extraordinary environment!!!!!!  
Your mentality is 😱🤬🤥🧐🤮😵

😡😬🤯😩😨😫

I found another article about the experiment of covid-19 attacking the T cells of the immune system:

https://www.todayonline.com/world/coronavirus-could-attack-immune-system-hiv-targeting-protective-cells-warn-scientists

I still hope that their results are an outlier and not typical at all.

HIV is very gentle, it does its damage over long periods of months and years.   Covid-19 we know about for only three or four months.

What if this virus attacks the lungs,  the immune system does its work fighting them and creating the inflammation that is so dangerous,  and then when "recovered" the virus stays there and slowly attacks the immune system?  

7 hours ago, leo yok loo said:

Only workers from essential services can work, fair enough.

I just saw a landscape company trimming trees. Is cutting tree so essential???

People cut hair essential, tree also must cut hair mah. Otherwise, branches drop hit any car then you all kpkb 

Guest Guest
22 minutes ago, Steve5380 said:

Horrible inhuman treatment of foreign workers!  They are people like you and I,  and infinitely more deserving.  While middle-class Singaporeans send their kids to ivy league schools overseas, these Bangladesh workers help their children and wife by breaking their backs working overseas for pitiful compensation.  We don't know if KARMA exists for individuals, and it may as well exist for whole countries.  If foreign workers are weakened by having to eat meager meals of rancid food,  and therefore may easily fall victims of the virus,  it will be the SG government who will have to pay for their medical attention.  And in the hospital, they may get more and better food, surely not rancid.

The presence of foreign workers in SG appears to be a natural consequence of the SG people not being willing to do the labor that the foreigners have to do,  exploiting the completely random destiny that they were born in SG while the foreign workers were not.  One day we will have ONE earth and ONE human race. :angry:

Look a few pages back or google and see the conditions they are living in, overflowing urinals and garbage with roach infestations, then see the dorm owners bragging on social media and magazines their 2nd or 3rd party homes at sentosa.

Guest Guest
47 minutes ago, Guest Errrr .... said:

Errrr ... 
By your logic ... if others are stealing, it’s ok for you to steal too?  You’re a 跟屁蟲 with no brain to think, judge, decide what is the right thing to do in this extraordinary environment!!!!!!  
Your mentality is 😱🤬🤥🧐🤮😵

😡😬🤯😩😨😫

Errrr... 

The logic is... If both gays and straights are promiscuous, why is he only scolding gays? Is he holier than all the other gays to be bashing other gays now???? 

Your lack of logic is 

😡😬🤯😩😨😫

2 hours ago, Since u r here said:

I choose not to don them but i dont dictate or stop others

Please wear them when you get inside a mall, food store or when you come to ‘near vicinity’ (subjective on distance) with other human being. You could be an asymptomatic carrier!

Edited by bluerunner

Guest Guest
2 hours ago, Since u r here said:

Just like some mbrs in bw stuck in the mud in your mentality

luv stripping naked 

...so says the very person who has the picture of a non-existent bulge as all his profile pictures. Perhaps you are just as insane as that man in the video. 

Guest Guest
3 hours ago, Since u r here said:

What s wrong w copy and paste??? If there is nothing much to describe just keep fat mouth shut rather than spreading nonsense & nega!

silence is gold!

and some links are so self-explanatory why do we need to add fire to them and twist the good intent???

Usually those w good intent are being slapped  or accused :

Oh ....."good intent" from YOU?? This coming fro someone who tried to create multiple profiles so that he can self-like his own posts?? You don't come here and pretend that you have any good intentions after you have done things like that for yourself. Your "good intention" is only to spread PAP's propaganda brainlessly. Remember how you also went around telling people not to wear mask. And even now, you think PAP MP walking out to distribute masks is OK. You are just trying to post so that you can become another top poster on BW again. It is YOUR SILENCE THAT IS GOLD. 

And please ... I also don't know how on earth you get so much time to go look through so many videos everyday to go cut and paste all those meaningless links to us. You made the loading of the page so slow and basically turn this entire thread into some kind of a supermarket grade tabloid used to wrap fish(y stories). You want to waste your own time, so be it. But you go and waste people's time and my bandwidth? You should be the one to just stop using this thread for it! U wont even know what is definition of value-creating, if u know u wont be keep posting those boliao links to all of us it. Your garbage posts are such a turn off! I think nobody wants to add more value to this thread at all nowadays simply because of YOU! 

Guest Try and see

"There's also no doors (for the rooms), just curtains (in their place). So, it's a totally different feeling ... You just have to make do with it."

For now, most of the rooms remain empty, Matthew said. A number are occupied by foreign workers, while all the patients in this particular hall seem to be men, he added.

Looks like the fun's just starting for poor Matthew!  😈

20200414-090544.jpg

Life at the Singapore Expo: A COVID-19 patient shares his experience in a community isolation facility

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/covid19-singapore-expo-community-isolation-facility-12636822

Guest Try and see
8 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

Please read the following before posting any more ignorant comments,

https://mothership.sg/2020/02/bangladehis-food-nutrition/

Your article proves my point further.

If the Bangla workers have been getting lousy food in their dorms all this while, they won't mind the hospital stay that comes with the coronavirus as the hospital/isolation facility food will definitely be better as there are other local patients with them.

Furthermore, according to a Covid19 patient:

Patients at the Expo facility are able to choose between different types of food, with the standard comparable to what was served at D'Resort, added Matthew. Patients get to choose between different types of cuisines such as Halal, Western, Chinese and Vegetarian food.

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/covid19-singapore-expo-community-isolation-facility-12636822

Why won't any Bangla be tempted to get infected?

And by the way, you're the one who's truly ignorant.

Guest Guest
8 hours ago, Guest disgusting said:

Nope, I am not at all ashamed of myself. 

Are they given additional incentives if they do NOT take MCs? 

Things like hygiene and food options are their own personal choice. Do you blame your housemates for not keeping the toilet clean after YOU have done your business? If the food provided to you is bad, then you can always do your own cooking. This is the entire reason why these are the very types of jobs which Singaporeans do not want to take up, but yet they did. This is a classic case of "Willing buyer, willing seller". Besides, don't blame us consumers for abusing their labor, when the ultimate costs of the goods that we paid for is still exorbitantly high. The consumers are not the ones who benefited from them. It is their employers. And if you want to know who their employers are, you might want to go take a look at another post which stated which grassroot leader was running which dormitories. 

9 hours ago, Guest disgusting said:

I m quite certain for you never have worked anything serious in your life and walk around blind through Singapore to come here and post your direspectful and inhuman allegations. 

It would be more appropriate to give you a smacking with the rotan for helping you in coming back to your senses. 

What a disgusting person you are. You're a digrace to the Singapore society to utter such respectless words.

I very much stand by my words that some of them are really trying to get themselves infected deliberately. Take a good look at this article: https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/covid-19-work-pass-holders-barred-mom-dormitories-12637378 Don't tell me these 24 work permits holders are all unaware that  there is a spread of the virus in the dormitories right now, and one of the cluster is right in their vicinity of Tuas View Dormitory??? If this is not deliberately trying to get themselves infected, then what is?? 

"A total of 24 work pass holders have had their permits revoked and permanently barred from working in Singapore for breaking COVID-19 circuit breaker rules, said the Ministry of Manpower (MOM) on Monday (Apr 13).

The work pass holders were caught eating, drinking and gathering in groups in the vicinity of Tuas View Square, a factory-converted dormitory. Such facilities are industrial or warehouse developments which have been partially converted to dormitories." 

9 hours ago, Guest disgusting said:

You reminded us at BW again on the ugly, exploitive Singaporean. 

Am I being ugly and exploitative, or are YOU TRYING VERY HARD TO BE NAIVE?

10 x 8" POLITICALLY INCORRECT I TELL THE TRUTH & USE COMMON SENSE ...

38 minutes ago, Guest Guest said:

Oh ....."good intent" from YOU?? This coming fro someone who tried to create multiple profiles so that he can self-like his own posts?? You don't come here and pretend that you have any good intentions after you have done things like that for yourself. Your "good intention" is only to spread PAP's propaganda brainlessly. Remember how you also went around telling people not to wear mask. And even now, you think PAP MP walking out to distribute masks is OK. You are just trying to post so that you can become another top poster on BW again. It is YOUR SILENCE THAT IS GOLD. 

And please ... I also don't know how on earth you get so much time to go look through so many videos everyday to go cut and paste all those meaningless links to us. You made the loading of the page so slow and basically turn this entire thread into some kind of a supermarket grade tabloid used to wrap fish(y stories). You want to waste your own time, so be it. But you go and waste people's time and my bandwidth? You should be the one to just stop using this thread for it! U wont even know what is definition of value-creating, if u know u wont be keep posting those boliao links to all of us it. Your garbage posts are such a turn off! I think nobody wants to add more value to this thread at all nowadays simply because of YOU! 

Thank you for pointing out the facts althought the facts hurts usually... Perhaps those who likes to cut and paste so much should start a cut and paste thread,  this is a thread for discussion. If there is nothing to do with so much free time,  just go and do something positive like helping elderly with grocery shopping or walkabout with grassroot leaders preparing for coming election. 

Edited by lonelyglobe

On 4/4/2020 at 10:51 PM, lonelyglobe said:

Move them to budget hotel or set up camp in school,  all worker must be tested and shown negative before they can move back.

本地学校校舍可能被暂时征用为客工宿舍。

《联合早报》记者昨天(4月13日)下午1时40分目击一辆巴士载送10几名客工到北岸小学门口,客工们下车后拖着行李或拿着大包小包进入校舍。

Didn't we discuss this earlier on? 

Guest Try and see
10 minutes ago, Nightingale said:

So by your logic, are you also saying these local senior uncles deliberately wanted to get infected?  So stop spouting nonsense!

You're a good, decent guy (I've seen your other posts) so I don't want to make enemies with you just because we have different views about the coronavirus. After all, the only true common enemy we all have here is the Covid19.

At the end of the day, whether the infected people in S'pore are locals, PRs, tourists, FTs, or Bangla workers, whether they are PAP supporters or opposition supporters, we all want them to recover well and be healthy again.

I believe we can all agree on that. 

Again, you're a good man, and my views are not directed at you to upset you. So I will still respect you in spite of your not agreeing with me. After all, a forum is a place to exchange viewpoints.

Take care and stay well too!

Guest Guest
11 minutes ago, Nightingale said:

Your logic is flawed.  So if you were to be offered these goodies, would you also be tempted to get infected?

These workers got infected because they have been neglected for so long, so it is only right they get good treatment.

Whether local or foreign, workers do not get additional incentives, so what is your point?

Must you always be so unduly harsh on foreigners?

Again this is your negative hypothetical theme of workers deliberately trying to get infected.

Yes, they are aware of the virus spread.  But being lowly educated, the message simply does not drive home.  Look at how the police in India resorted to caning the violators in public.  The folks simply do not comprehend the gravity of the situation, just like our local uncle I mentioned who did not wear a mask and stood so closely to another uncle while chatting with him in a shopping mall.  

Since u r here has already shown us the link on uncles gambling at Block 85 Redhill Close:

https://www.zaobao.com.sg/znews/singapore/story20200413-1045168?utm_medium=Social

So by your logic, are you also saying these local senior uncles deliberately wanted to get infected?  So stop spouting nonsense!

What are the  "incentives" for the locals to get warded? Nothing. 

But what are the incentives for the foreign workers to get warded? How about hospitalization pay? How about personal bed in his own personal partitioned room? How about air conditioned environment? How about no work? How about free WIFI? How about better food?  So yeah,  like it or not, I stand by my words that there are surely some who wanted to get themselves infected deliberately for the sake of those "incentives"!! 

Guest Guest
1 hour ago, Guest Try and see said:

If the Bangla workers have been getting lousy food in their dorms all this while, they won't mind the hospital stay that comes with the coronavirus as the hospital/isolation facility food will definitely be better as there are other local patients with them.

Patients at the Expo facility are able to choose between different types of food, with the standard comparable to what was served at D'Resort, added Matthew. Patients get to choose between different types of cuisines such as Halal, Western, Chinese and Vegetarian food.

You are a really deluded moron, go read more articles, there had been news reports since Feb of these workers wanting to go back to their home country even because they fear the virus. You think they don’t know about their country men still in hospital after over a month? Seriously how stupid can you be?

Guest Guest
11 hours ago, Guest be careful said:

Don't put a PR and a Foreigner, Foreign Employment Pass Holder into the same shoe. 

These are different things.

Foreigners means foreigners and theat include PR and foreign employment pass holders... as long as they are not Singaporeans, they are foreigners. 

Call it: A Spade is a Spade… | Windows to Russia

Guest Guest
7 minutes ago, Nightingale said:

Why are you telling lies?  It's free for locals.  Not free for foreigners.

Hahahahahah .... In the same one line, you claim that it is not free for foreigners (like them) and you accuse me of telling lies???   

Guest Guest
4 minutes ago, Guest Guest said:

You are a really deluded moron, go read more articles, there had been news reports since Feb of these workers wanting to go back to their home country even because they fear the virus. You think they don’t know about their country men still in hospital after over a month? Seriously how stupid can you be?

Yeah right ..... use that few case examples of those trying to go home, and compare it to the hundreds of thousands who stayed on?  

The trick to forgetting the big picture is... - Quote

7 minutes ago, Guest LOL said:

LOL, Nightwhore is quarrelling with people again in Blowing Wind.  How incorrigible 🤣

Your spirit must be in a state of terrible turbulence if you see a simple conversation as "quarreling". 

Guest Try and see
18 minutes ago, Guest Guest said:

You really are the real deluded moron.

If you are a Bangla, would you rather get Covid19 in S'pore, or Bangladesh?

Even people from Britain and US have said that they would rather get treated for Covid19 in S'pore than in their home country.

You believe 100% of what the Straits Times tells you. Seriously, how fucking stupid can you be?

Guest Guest
4 minutes ago, Guest Try and see said:

You really are the real deluded moron.

If you are a Bangla, would you rather get Covid19 in S'pore, or Bangladesh?

Even people from Britain and US have said that they would rather get treated for Covid19 in S'pore than in their home country.

You believe 100% of what the Straits Times tells you. Seriously, how fucking stupid can you be?

Hey dumb shit, they would rather be back home with their families. You should stop projecting your stupidity and idiocy on them.

Guest Try and see
Just now, Guest Guest said:

Hey dumb shit, they would rather be back home with their families. You should stop projecting your stupidity and idiocy on them.

You keep making all these noble and pious assumptions about Bangla workers. You're the dumb shit, it seems. 

I don't need to project anything - the stupidity and idiocy keeps coming from you.

Keep it coming  👏

Guest Guest
4 minutes ago, Guest Try and see said:

You keep making all these noble and pious assumptions about Bangla workers. You're the dumb shit, it seems. 

I don't need to project anything - the stupidity and idiocy keeps coming from you.

Keep it coming  👏

And you keep making all these dishonest and immoral assumptions about them, aren’t you projecting these on them. Did they replace your garbage collecting job that you become so sour and bitter?

16 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

Covid 19 coronavirus: 100 people in South Korea test positive for coronavirus after earlier being cleared

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/world/news/article.cfm?c_id=2&objectid=12324210 

"Nearly 100 people in South Korea have tested positive for the coronavirus after initially being cleared, sparking concerns for the growing possibility of double cases.

The number of relapsed cases grew from 51 on Monday and officials are unsure what has sparked the trend. Epidemiological investigations are under way.

The potential for individuals to be reinfected with Covid-19 is of grave concern for health officials, who anticipated infected populations would develop sufficient immunity to protect against a further spread of the pandemic.

However Jeong Eun-kyeong, the director of the Korea Centres for Disease Control and Prevention, said the virus could have been "reactivated", as opposed to patients being reinfected a second time"

I was really worried of this happening. There were already past  precedence in the world of infectious diseases where the disease such as tuberculosis can strike a person again and again. And the data coming from South Korea gives it some form of credibility as compared to information coming from China. If this report is true, the game plan here in Singapore will need to change drastically. It's really time to bring in the mass community diagnosis big time now. And as long as a vaccine do not come into the picture, regular testings may need to be done on each person regularly more than once. Putting up another wayang show by reporting on the MOH website the number of swap tests that we have done so far is not going to cut it at all. If this report is really true, our virus winter is going to stay for a much longer time than anyone had anticipated. 

The response is simple: There is no one size fits all solution to this virus.

What might work in one country may not work in other countries.

In South Korea, either the test kits had been faulty or not suitable, if people are tested negative on the first test but then tested positive on a second test.

If you had put in some thoughts in a logical manner you would have discovered, it is not possible to test every resident of Singapore.

It sounds simple, but it isn't such.

There is a chance for you being tested today and you are negative but you can still get infected tomorrow.

You would need to test everyone, every day over a period of one month probably.

I doubt such is manageable, even in Singapore.

And I m not even speaking of the cost. I read somewhere the better tests, cost around 300 - 500 SGD per test for the reliable ones.

Further, you might even increase the infection rate, when people gather outside the testing centers and get infected by positive people waiting in the queue, taking the bus, mrt to the test center etc. You simply need one infected spreader holding his hands on the exit button or hand rails and the virus might spread to others.

But, I assume Singapore should come up with more testing at the current "problem zones". Maybe the Government needs to look into more testing for the Foreign Workers in the Dormitories in particular for those which are not yet "hit" by the virus. The intermingling and numbers of these Foreign Workers are just too high, if no better control measures are put into place. I assume, these workers stay in different dormitories but work at the same work places.

But, as explained earlier: One test today may be negative but tomorrow may be positive.

Testing everyone does not resolve the issue. Because the test result is valid for one day only.

The second issue comes to the run onto the hospitals with positive Covid 19 infected persons. I m not sure, they could handle this.

If the numbers (excluding the Foreign Worker cases) are increasing the coming days in the normal communities, probably there is no other way then calling for a total lockdown for at least 2 weeks. Maybe they should train the army boys to do delivery jobs and assist retailers in delivering food to the doorsteps to minimise for more people going out.

When I took a bicycle stroll yesterday, I was surprised for still seeing so many people outside, even a batch of "seniors" sitting at the "fence" of some elevated grass patch and enjoying their chit chat. In the mornings you can watch families doing family outings by walks or bicycle tours around Singapore.

I guess the messages from the Government needs to get stricter and with a more intimidating frightening tone...

Edited by singalion
word omission

Guest funny gag
4 hours ago, Guest Try and see said:

Why was the pharmacy guy arrested? Because he wasn't wearing a mask?

Would be funny if he actually just wanted to buy some masks, because the place seems to be a drugstore. ha ha

What I noted is, the SPF always needs 6 - 7 guys to just arrest one guy...............

Guest Try and see
1 hour ago, Guest Guest said:

Did they replace your garbage collecting job that you become so sour and bitter?

So according to your logic, one must be a rubbish collector in order to guess how Bangla workers think.  👏

You've never heard of psychology?

Guest Try and see
5 minutes ago, Guest funny gag said:

Would be funny if he actually just wanted to buy some masks, because the place seems to be a drugstore. ha ha

What I noted is, the SPF always needs 6 - 7 guys to just arrest one guy...............

Hahaha!!

He would be going: "But I just wanted to buy a mask!"

Police: "But you weren't wearing a mask in the store. That's not allowed."

Yeah, and even after he got arrested, he still managed to kick the whole shelf of medicated plasters over, and the police did nothing.

Q: AM I ALLOWED TO VISIT MY BOYFRIEND/GIRLFRIEND OR FIANCE/FIANCEE OR SPOUSE OR SIBLING LIVING IN A DIFFERENT HOUSE?  

A: No. Use digital means such as video or phone calls to keep in contact during this time. All social gatherings with friends and family members not within the same household should stop during this period, said MEWR. First-time offenders face a composition fine of $300. Repeat offenders will face higher fines, or prosecution in court for egregious cases.

Guest Try and see
8 minutes ago, Nightingale said:

So aren't you Auntie OCD in disguise?

No, I'm not that auntie, whoever he/she is  LOL

In fact, I think I clashed with him/her before also.

You, sir, are too much of a gentleman for me to argue with.

And I am too much of a rascal for you to waste your time on.

Your words do make some sense, even if I might not wholely agree with them.

Still, despite our differences, my wish for you is to stay safe and healthy throughout this awful circuit breaker period and beyond.  

If ever a Covid19 patient sneezes at you, I'd gladly jump in front of you and take a deep breath.

Guest Guest
19 minutes ago, Guest Try and see said:

So according to your logic, one must be a rubbish collector in order to guess how Bangla workers think.  👏

You've never heard of psychology?

The fact that you highlight that statement and is so butt hurt, projecting your anger and lashing out at them is an indication you need some psychological help. IMH is essential service, you should check in asap.

Guest CovidKing
8 minutes ago, Guest Guest said:

The fact that you highlight that statement and is so butt hurt, projecting your anger and lashing out at them is an indication you need some psychological help. IMH is essential service, you should check in asap.

20200414-144130.jpg

Guest disgusting
5 hours ago, Guest Try and see said:

There is nothing to add here. 

You really demonstrated to us at BW what sort of personality you have. 

I wouldn't wonder, if  you have been in isolation for the past 45 years because nobody can stand it being near to you due to your personality. 

Now, you even dare to tell us the only aim of those Bangla and Indian workers is to get into the cosy hospital bed and probably enjoy the pretty smiles of the Filipina nurses, escaping from their hard work and hard double bed at their dormitories. 

Just as a little hint: Read up what an isolation area is and what the implications are. 

And please inform yourself for what sort of persons the Singapore Expo community facility has been set up for. 

I assume you were mislead by the word "isolation". 

Actually, I wonder why yo aren't already staying at the Singapore Expo community facility enjoying the nice D'Resort food and sleeping on the cosy hospital bed. Aren't you feeling high temperatures already???

The only good thing on your post is to show the whole world how Singaporeans are and how they think. Amazing. 

Guest Try and see
4 minutes ago, Guest disgusting said:

I wouldn't wonder, if  you have been in isolation for the past 45 years because nobody can stand it being near to you due to your personality. 

Side note: I'm younger than 45  😛

5 minutes ago, Guest disgusting said:

Now, you even dare to tell us the only aim of those Bangla and Indian workers is to get into the cosy hospital bed and probably enjoy the pretty smiles of the Filipina nurses, escaping from their hard work and hard double bed at their dormitories. 

I never said that. Also, I don't have straight fantasies, about myself or other people  LOL

7 minutes ago, Guest disgusting said:

Actually, I wonder why yo aren't already staying at the Singapore Expo community facility enjoying the nice D'Resort food and sleeping on the cosy hospital bed. Aren't you feeling high temperatures already???

Not yet. But you're doing a pretty good job  🤒

• G_M locked this topic
  • G_M unlocked this topic