Male HQ

Ukraine invasion by Russia Discussion and it's impact on Singapore and Asia? (compiled)

singalion

7 hours ago, Why? said:

If you wanted to discuss history, Ukraine was a gift from Russia with the stipulation that it would not permit NATO to enter its territory. Sadly, violence was preferred by Ukrainians over peace.

Please show us that stipulation that you refer to in your post that Ukraine anywhere agreed not to enter NATO or was restricted by any means, agreement or anything not to join NATO.

Can you please evidence that Ukraine when gaining independence made any such stipulation in any way???

1 hour ago, singalion said:

Independent countries are not permitted to elect their own leaders?

Not too long ago, the pro-Russian elected leader was overthrown by American ICA inciting mass protest in Ukraine, and the exiled leader sought asylum in Russia. Consequently, when Washington supported a non-neutral Ukrainian President to assume power, the annexation of Cremia by Russia became necessary.  Get it?

46 minutes ago, Why? said:

Not too long ago, the pro-Russian elected leader was overthrown by American ICA inciting mass protest in Ukraine, and the exiled leader sought asylum in Russia. Consequently, when Washington supported a non-neutral Ukrainian President to assume power, the annexation of Cremia by Russia became necessary.  Get it?

So what things change.

Georgia also has anti Putin leaders. Did Russia invade Georgia after the Ossetia issue?

So annexing parts of independent countries is permitted when another country leader is not a Pro Russia leader?

The mass protest being inciting by American (what ? ICA?)

The more pro Russia leader was overthrown in a civil uprest in Ukraine.

There is no evidence that the Maidan protest were staged by America.

Russia has been pushing this myth for years.

A lot of parties tried to run this conspiracy.

The Maidan protests started because the people of Ukraine were unhappy that the corrupt President Yanukovych abandones the trade deal with the European Union .

Maidan had nothing to do with NATO, but with Ukraine being integrated into the European Union.

Viktor Yanukovych refused to sign an agreement with the EU to integrate the country into the Union. That was the reason that brought people onto the streets.

People went also onto the streets in November 2013 to protest the corruption in the country.

On 22 February 2014 Yanukovych realised that he can't break down the protest "Belarus Lukashenko" style and fled the country. At the same time, the parliamentary majority was against Yanukovych and wanted to "impeach" him and declared presidential elections in 1 months time.

What changed the situation for Yanukovych was not any influence of the US (if any at all) but the fact, that the Ukrainian police and army forces did no longer want to support Yanukovych. In difference to Belarus or Russia, there was no longer any force that went out to protect Yanukovych or to fight on his instruction against the protesters.

Nobody in Ukraine wanted to become a second Belarus.

Ukraine suspends talks on EU trade pact

Thu 21 Nov 2013

Ukraine has abruptly ditched its plans to sign a historic pact with the European Union

President Viktor Yanukovych ordered the suspension of preparations for the pact between Kiev and Brussels after talks between the Russian and Ukrainian prime ministers – and after Yanukovych's party in parliament rejected six bills aimed at meeting the EU's terms.

The sudden switch by Yanukovych following weeks of brinkmanship left European policy towards the post-Soviet states to its east in tatters.

Following talks between the Russian and Ukrainian prime ministers, a government decree curtly suspended preparations for the signing of a trade pact and political association agreement between Ukraine and the EU at a summit next week in Lithuania.

The pact has been years in the making and was to have been the centrepiece of Lithuania's current rotating presidency of the EU.

Following a secret meeting last week between Putin and Yanukovych, the Ukrainian prime minister, Mykola Azarov, went to St Petersburg on Wednesday to see Dmitry Medvedev, the Russian prime minister. Azarov described the talks as "one of the most productive meetings". The government then said the preparations for the EU summit were being frozen "in the national interest".

With the Ukrainian decision taken, Putin then announced that he had nothing against the pact with the EU.

But the opposition in Kiev was outraged and has called a big pro-European demonstration for the weekend. Opinion polls show a plurality in favour of the deal with the EU.

What Putin did not factor in, was the setoff of the heavy protests in Ukraine in Nov 2013.

Putin played the same playbook as in Georgia/ Moldova (sending troops into the Ukraine (as he did in Georgia and Moldova).

There is no single piece of any evidence pointing to any CIA led operation in 2013. It did not make sense also, as the issue was a trade pact with the EU and not anything about military.

Edited by singalion

Where is your evidence on your below claim?

10 hours ago, Why? said:

If you wanted to discuss history, Ukraine was a gift from Russia with the stipulation that it would not permit NATO to enter its territory. Sadly, violence was preferred by Ukrainians over peace.

Please show us that stipulation that you refer to in your post that Ukraine anywhere agreed not to enter NATO or was restricted by any means, agreement or anything not to join NATO.

Can you please evidence that Ukraine when gaining independence or afterwards made any such stipulation in any way???

35 minutes ago, singalion said:

Georgia also has anti Putin leaders. Did Russia invade Georgia ?

Yes, Russia did invade Georgia.  Go Google.

35 minutes ago, singalion said:

independent countries is permitted

With US military presence, which dictates how the country's leader should conduct themselves, a nation is not truly independent.

Because its leader can be overthrown by a pro-American Filipino military head, the Philippine president is not totally independent.

Because the American military controls the country's defense policy and refuses to share it with the Korean puppet army, Korea is not totally independent.

Because its leader will immediately be removed for not being pro-America, Japan is not totally independent.

German is not completely independent because American armies oversee its defense, leaving it helpless when they bomb the Northstream pipeline.

Taiwan is not fully independent, but not because it fears China more than it fears being abandoned by America.

You require a thorough explanation of what a real independent nation is. Most of them refuse to choose a side and continue to be impartial in the face of American pressure.

Regrettably, the majority of EU countries are screwed by US, became brain dead and continue to show unquestioning loyalty, at the expenses of these countries economy,  which makes them far from truly independent.

Obviously, your thinking is not very independent. Who is your master controlling your thoughts and behaviour, Steve5380?  I see. 

17 minutes ago, Why? said:

But did Russia invade Georgia again after the Ossetia war?

That was the question!

Original Post.

53 minutes ago, singalion said:

Georgia also has anti Putin leaders. Did Russia invade Georgia after the Ossetia issue?

No, Russia did not invade Georgia again.

It is not like Russia invading Ukraine in 2014 and then once again in 2022.

55 minutes ago, singalion said:

So annexing parts of independent countries is permitted when another country leader is not a Pro Russia leader?

this was my full sentence!

Please do not twist my statements or quote them incompletely.

20 minutes ago, Why? said:

56 minutes ago, singalion said:

independent countries is permitted

47 minutes ago, Why? said:

German is not completely independent because American armies oversee its defense, leaving it helpless when they bomb the Northstream pipeline.

What nonsense is that. Usually I don;'t use such strong words.

But looking at your post... I had no other choice.

Since when did Germany bomb the Northstream pipeline???

The US does not oversee German's defence.

This is totally bizarre and weird.

Germany is taking its own position on its military.

The fact that Germany has US military presence is not because the US is controlling Germany, but it is a result of the Cold war and the Russian threat against West Europe before 1991.

Singapore also has American army presence.

In your reasoning Singapore would not be completely independent also, as America hold naval bases in Singapore. (Also signed military treaties with US).

Edited by singalion

28 minutes ago, Why? said:

Because the American military controls the country's defense policy and refuses to share it with the Korean puppet army, Korea is not totally independent.

Isn't it the own choice of the Korean parliament to have US military presence in Korea.

Does this mean US is controling the politics in Korea?

31 minutes ago, Why? said:

With US military presence, which dictates how the country's leader should conduct themselves, a nation is not truly independent.

Because its leader can be overthrown by a pro-American Filipino military head, the Philippine president is not totally independent.

Because its leader will immediately be removed for not being pro-America, Japan is not totally independent.

Taiwan is not fully independent, but not because it fears China more than it fears being abandoned by America.

You require a thorough explanation of what a real independent nation is. Most of them refuse to choose a side and continue to be impartial in the face of American pressure.

Regrettably, the majority of EU countries are screwed by US, became brain dead and continue to show unquestioning loyalty, at the expenses of these countries economy,  which makes them far from truly independent.

Obviously, your thinking is not very independent. Who is your master controlling your thoughts and behaviour, Steve5380?  I see. 

Was German Chancellor (PM) Schroeder overthrown by the US when Germany decided not to join into any US war in Iraq?

Schroeder: We won't strike Iraq

August 9, 2002

BERLIN, Germany -- Chancellor Gerhard Schroeder has ruled out joining in any U.S.-led military action against Iraq, .

"As far as military intervention against Iraq goes, I believe we should be restrained. That means that Germany will not participate," Schroeder told ARD television.

German leader says no to Iraq war

Tue 6 Aug 2002 03.08 BST

German chancellor Gerhard Schröder and his Social Democratic party yesterday broke ranks with America's other European allies by declaring at the start of their election campaign that Germany would refuse to provide troops or money for an invasion of Iraq.

The SPD's top official indicated that Germany under a centre-left administration was ready to stay out, even if the UN gave its blessing to a war.

Germany's rebuff to Washington came as Iraq further tried to split western opinion by inviting the US Congress to send a mission to Baghdad

47 minutes ago, Why? said:

Steve doesn't have the mastery of history, political incidents or political knowledge that I display at BW every hour.

How can he be my master of throughts?

I assume Steve can agree that his knowledge on above is lesser. @Steve5380

I know it sounds a bit very self-confident, but it is not meant to be.

I m the puppet of my own thoughts and behaviour.

Unlike you, I don't even need to switch between different member accounts and also have no need to disguise myself using anonymous Guest appearances at BW to make a point.

Edited by singalion

49 minutes ago, Why? said:

I m not sure if it makes sense to reply to your obviously totally deluded posts and your ignorance.

The fact that near to all Eastern European countries signed up into NATO as soon as possible after 1991 surely was not because they felt threatened by the US but because they never wanted to be under threat from Russia or Russia's rule.

Isn't it surprising how fast those countries planned to join NATO after the fall of the iron curtain in Europe?

Maybe you read about the various incidents of uprisings against Russia in the Eastern European countries following 1945 up to 1995.

45 minutes ago, singalion said:

Steve doesn't have the mastery of history, political incidents or political knowledge that I display at BW every hour.

How can he be my master of throughts?

I assume Steve can agree that his knowledge on above is lesser. @Steve5380

I know it sounds a bit very self-confident, but it is not meant to be.

I m the puppet of my own thoughts and behaviour.

Unlike you, I don't even need to switch between different member accounts and also have no need to disguise myself using anonymous Guest appearances at BW to make a point.

LOL!  You may be right.   I don't have a MASTERS in history and political sciences.  I only have a PhD in Electrical Engineering.  :lol:

May I ask a question?   Where does YOUR MASTERY of history and political incidents or political knowledge come from?  What are your credentials?  You dedicate more time reading the news?  Have you traveled the world,  have you lived in multiple countries, maybe in some Diplomatic Service?

And I won't disagree in that you are the puppet of your own thoughts and behaviors.  :D

2 minutes ago, Steve5380 said:

LOL!  You may be right.   I don't have a MASTERS in history and political sciences.  I only have a PhD in Electrical Engineering.  :lol:

May I ask a question?   Where does YOUR MASTERY of history and political incidents or political knowledge come from?  What are your credentials?  You dedicate more time reading the news?  Have you traveled the world,  have you lived in multiple countries, maybe in some Diplomatic Service?

And I won't disagree in that you are the puppet of your own thoughts and behaviors.  :D

If I started talking about all my masters... I guess it will be a long post. 😂

Your guess is correct on some points. I have lived in quite a lot of different countries.

I spent reading newspapers for decades, my parents always had subcribed to various newspapers and just started the habit. Oh, not to forget the two years during my military service where I spent the half day from the morning reading the newspaper in my office from page 1 to the last page. The lieutenent-general always had to pass through my room to his own office and greeted me every morning when stepping into my office: "Great reading a newspaper, excellent, no no, no need to stand up, I don't want to disturb you." Being next to that high position, I had all the relevant newspapers on hand.

I followed the habit after military. But I noted reading media online is different.

But maybe let's get back to Ukraine...

Do you think Macron can persuade Xi Jinping to talk to Putin?

1 hour ago, singalion said:

Please! After reading tonnes of news and boasted a out your fake credentials and you still didn't understand Macron?  He said Europe has the duty to engage with Putin instead of  relying solely on Xi to work with Russia. He makes sense. 

Guest Not surprise
1 hour ago, Steve5380 said:

LOL!  You may be right.   I don't have a MASTERS in history and political sciences.

Simply put, you two are completely inadequate to talk about world affairs. 

06/04/2023

Chinese president 'ready to call' Zelenskyy for first time since war began

Xi Jinping is ready to call Volodymyr Zelenskyy - but on his own timetable, according to a French diplomatic source.

China is ready to work with France to "push hard" to start negotiations on ending the conflict, the source said, as Emmanuel Macron visits Beijing.

Ursula von der Leyen, the president of the European Commission, who is also in Beijing, said she had encouraged Mr Xi to reach out to the Ukrainian president.

This is the first indication of how Mr Xi may respond to the Ukrainian leader's invitation to meet him in Kyiv.

China's president hasn't spoken to Mr Zelenskyy since the outbreak of the war, but flew to Moscow to meet Vladimir Putin last month.

State media has quoted Mr Xi as saying China's policy on Ukraine can be summed up in one sentence: "Promote peace and dialogue."

06/04/2023

"Are we starting to see the first seeds of an opportunity for talks later on this year?" Bell said.

What did the Chinese ambassador say?

Fu Cong gave an interview to The New York Times before Mr Macron's visit to China this week.

Critics had misinterpreted China's relationship to Russia, he said, downplaying the two countries' previous declaration of a "no limits friendship".

He also said China will not give Russia arms to use in Ukraine now or in future - and strongly criticised Antony Blinken, the US secretary of state, for saying in February that China was considering sending Moscow military aid.

6 April 2023

Explosions rock Russian air base deep behind frontlines - reports

Explosions rocked an air base in a Russian-occupied southern city last night, according to its Ukrainian mayor.

Ivan Fedorov posted a video on Telegram of what he claimed to be one of several explosions at an airfield in Melitopol.

Ambulances were sent to the airfield, he said, despite Russian assertions its air defence system worked successfully. 

This follows two other strikes in the city reported by the mayor and independent Russian media yesterday, and a Ukrainian attack on its railway depot last week.

The shelling, deep behind enemy lines, knocked out power in Melitopol last Wednesday.

The attacks come amid growing talk of a counterassault against Russian forces, themselves worn out by a failed winter offensive. 

Biden's Ukraine Policy Is Yet Another Failure 

President Joe Biden made a surprise visit to Ukraine on Monday—Presidents' Day—to reaffirm his support for that embattled nation and its president, Volodymyr Zelensky. Entering secretly via neighboring Poland, where he has held further meetings, for several hours on Monday his visit blocked vehicular and pedestrian traffic in central Kyiv. Air raid sirens blared dramatically as Biden and Zelensky strolled past historic sites. They embraced at a wreath-laying ceremony before a photo mural of Ukrainian soldiers who have been killed in action. Biden capped his visit by pledging another $460 million in military aid to Ukraine—just the latest tranche of U.S. taxpayer beneficence since the Russian invasion began in February 2022.

Coming just four days before the first anniversary of Russia's invasion, Biden in effect reversed what Zelensky heard during his seemingly unproductive visit to Washington in late December, when he was told that Western support for Ukraine is wearing thin and that he needs to negotiate meaningfully to avoid catastrophe as a renewed Russian offensive looms. Certain categories of weaponry, including U.S. F-16 fighter jets, have been denied to Zelensky, while deliveries of heavy tanks from NATO countries—once off the table—have proved slow and reluctant. But now, Biden has signaled in the Ukrainian capital that the U.S. will continue to offer what the president called its "unwavering support" for an apparently indefinite period. To highlight the point, Biden wore a striped tie featuring Ukraine's national colors.

There is still no endgame, but that seems to be of no importance despite continuing hints that Russia may resort to nuclear weapons. An emerging consensus also worryingly suggests that Russian President Vladimir Putin views his personal and political fortunes as inextricably fused with the war's outcome, and may be inclined to employ extreme measures to win.

Whatever reluctance had crept into the Biden administration late last year has been banished in a new burst of enthusiasm, however. Last week, the Munich Security Conference solidified Western commitment to Ukraine. On Saturday, Vice President Kamala Harris declared that Russia is guilty of war crimes. Leaders of both major parties have affirmed their support for Kyiv, even if the Biden administration took the precaution of informing Moscow of the president's travel plans in the interest of what National Security Advisor Jake Sullivan called "deconfliction." Sullivan refused to discuss Russia's private response, but Moscow has publicly described Biden's visit to Kyiv as a "provocation."

Western elites may have a bottomless well of enthusiasm for the Ukrainian cause, but like most of Biden's policies, this one is fading in popularity. According to a poll taken last week by the Associated Press-NORC Center for Public Affairs Research, for the first time since Russia's invasion only a minority of Americans now favor sending military aid to Ukraine—48%, compared to 60% in May 2022. Many point to a worsening U.S. economy, the prospect of a deeper recession, persistent inflation, staggering new national debt figures, and federal budget woes that could soon affect entitlement spending to argue that American domestic needs trump Ukraine's military effort thousands of miles away in places of dubious importance to U.S. security interests. With amplifying tales of Ukrainian corruption, moreover, a plurality of Americans—38%—now oppose direct financial aid to the Ukrainian government. Only 37% are in favor of it, while 23% take a neutral position.

These are not great numbers for Biden, whose approval rating hovers around 40% and tanks to 31% for his handling of economic issues. His visit to Kyiv has astonished administration critics who cannot ignore the inconvenient fact that he has never visited the U.S. border, over which millions of illegal immigrants have poured during his presidency. "Breathtaking that President Biden can show up in Ukraine to ensure their border is secure, but can't do the same for America," said Rep. Scott Perry (R-PA), a retired general who chairs the U.S. House Freedom Caucus. Others have drawn attention to the bad optics of Biden's failure to visit East Palestine, Ohio, whose residents face ecological disaster after a train derailment widely blamed on hapless Transportation Secretary Pete Buttigieg. "That was the biggest slap in the face that tells you right now, he doesn't care about us," said East Palestine's mayor Trent Conaway, who added that he is "furious" Biden "was in the Ukraine giving millions of dollars away to people over there, not to us."

A recent Harvard-CAPS/Harris poll now shows Biden losing the 2024 election by five points to former President Donald J. Trump in a hypothetical rematch—the first result to show Trump leading outside a statistical margin of error. Perhaps unsurprisingly, some 58% of Democrats say they would prefer a different candidate to run. It should comfort Biden to know that very few Americans vote on the basis of foreign policy concerns, but the general trend suggests he governs in a Swamp echo chamber that reinforces ideas increasingly rejected by the electorate.

https://www.newsweek.com/bidens-ukraine-policy-yet-another-failure-opinion-1782888?amp=1

Opinionated articles from Paul du Quenoy... 

Who wants to read that. As if any Republican would write anything positive on Trump. 

How stupid do certain people here think BW readers are???

NatCon

bottom-logo.pngNatCon

PAUL DU QUENOY

is the author of Cancel Culture: Tales from the Front Lines

paul du quenoy from nationalconservatism.org
Paul du Quenoy

That amounts the same as asking McCarthy to write something on Biden...

Guest Ilyich

Why is everyone afraid of my belove country Russia? We have beautiful men and women and vodka amd caviar. Why is it matter t o you our conflict with Ukraine? That still remain our province. Did you know that more than 80% of the people in Ukraine still like to be part of Russia? Those only few are causing the current troubles.

5 minutes ago, Guest Ilyich said:

Why is everyone afraid of my belove country Russia? We have beautiful men and women and vodka amd caviar. Why is it matter t o you our conflict with Ukraine? That still remain our province. Did you know that more than 80% of the people in Ukraine still like to be part of Russia? Those only few are causing the current troubles.

Truth distortions:

What Do People in Ukraine Want? 

26 Feb 2022 · Ukrainians do overwhelmingly not want to be part of Russia

What-percentage-of-Ukrainians want to be part of Russia?

According to polls, only 3% of the Ukrainian population want to merge into Russia

3 Oct 2022

KYIV, Oct 3 (Reuters) - A record 83% of Ukrainians would like their country to join NATO.

24 August 2022

What percentage of Ukraine wants to join Russia?

The National Democratic Institute's May 2022 poll found that only 3 percent of Ukrainians would like Ukraine to join the Russia-led Eurasian Customs Union, and 90 percent want Ukraine to become a member state of the European Union.

6 hours ago, singalion said:

Your guess is correct on some points. I have lived in quite a lot of different countries.

I spent reading newspapers for decades, my parents always had subcribed to various newspapers and just started the habit. Oh, not to forget the two years during my military service where I spent the half day from the morning reading the newspaper in my office from page 1 to the last page. The lieutenent-general always had to pass through my room to his own office and greeted me every morning when stepping into my office: "Great reading a newspaper, excellent, no no, no need to stand up, I don't want to disturb you." Being next to that high position, I had all the relevant newspapers on hand.

I followed the habit after military. But I noted reading media online is different.

But maybe let's get back to Ukraine...

If you don't want to talk about all your masters,  maybe you could comment about how Tiger Woods will do at the Masters this year.

Your habit of reading the news paper is a good one. I always used to receive daily the one Houston newspaper,  the Chronicle,  until I got tired of missing papers and billing problems,  and changed to its edition online.  Today I only look at it to read the comics, and will soon cancel it altogether. 

I don't know what influence Macron can have on the President of China.  Maybe offer more red wines and pate de foie?

5 hours ago, Guest Not surprise said:

Simply put, you two are completely inadequate to talk about world affairs. 

"Not surprise", Guest,  that you make such an idiotic attack.  You must not have earned any advanced degree that you don't understand that degrees are the result of cultivating one's intelligence.   To know about world affairs is not only to memorize data.  It is more about UNDERSTANDING, interpreting what such data reveals.  Surely that for you, like for most of us, data from the media is the main information we receive about world affairs,  not all personal experience.  So having a cultivated intelligence to understand world affairs gives us the qualification to talk about it.  What matters is not so much the subject of the degree but the mental enhancement that came with the effort of getting the degree.  Your idiotic attack shows that you have no idea about anything.  Hopefully one day you will learn, and get a degree too.  :) 

Edited by Steve5380

Biden’s Nuclear Policy Fails the Ukraine Test

Senior Russian military leaders reportedly recently discussed how they might use nuclear weapons in Ukraine, while other Russian officials were suggesting that Kyiv might detonate a “dirty bomb”—suggestions widely dismissed as a setup for a false-flag excuse to escalate the war. And even before all that, President Joe Biden reckoned that the world was closer to “Armageddon” than any time since the 1962 Cuban missile crisis.

Cause for concern? You bet. But if you’re looking for new ideas to address Russian President Vladimir Putin’s attempts at nuclear blackmail in Ukraine, you won’t find them in the Biden administration’s new statement on nuclear policy. Known as the Nuclear Posture Review, or NPR, the report is a disappointing defense of the status quo. It breaks little new ground, and it fails to respond to the Ukraine moment.

Reading it, you might almost forget that the world is facing the most serious nuclear threat in 60 years. 

President Putin has repeatedly threatened to use nuclear weapons to keep the United States and NATO from getting too involved in the war. The NPR notes that Russian leaders view their nuclear arsenal “as a shield behind which to wage unjustified aggression against their neighbors.” Not only do these reckless actions increase the risk of nuclear war, but they also threaten the future of U.S.-Russian arms control and could give non-nuclear states new motivations to get the bomb. 

That Biden’s NPR has no answer for this is not surprising. The report was drafted before Russia invaded Ukraine in late February and then hastily updated before its classified release in March. Little, if anything, appears to have changed before the release of the unclassified version on Oct. 27.

Lacking fresh thinking on the Ukraine crisis, the Biden team has fallen back on the old Cold War playbook: when in doubt, build more nuclear bombs. Biden lends his support to essentially all the new nuclear weapons proposed by his predecessor, including a new $260 billion intercontinental ballistic missile and new lower-yield warheads for missiles on Trident submarines. As a candidate, Biden said the Trump administration’s new Trident warheads were a “bad idea,” and that having them would make the U.S. “more inclined to use them.” Now that he’s president, Biden opposes just one Trump-proposed nuke—a new and unneeded sea-launched cruise missile—that will likely win support in Congress anyway due to the administration’s tepid effort to stop it.

One of the underappreciated lessons of the Ukraine crisis is that the West would be better off if nuclear weapons were not part of the conflict. Russia might have not invaded if it did not have nukes to hide behind, and the United States could play a bigger role in helping Ukraine if it did not have to worry about Russian nuclear escalation. As Putin is showing, the bomb is a weapon of the weak and only serves to neutralize the U.S. conventional military advantage.

The Biden NPR missed a golden opportunity to update our nuclear policies for a new era. We cannot meet the Ukraine moment with Cold War thinking. President Biden must, and can, do better.  

https://www.defenseone.com/ideas/2022/11/bidens-nuclear-policy-fails-ukraine-test/379717/I’m 

8 hours ago, 7heaven said:

Biden’s Nuclear Policy Fails the Ukraine Test

The article you posted is one more stupid attempt to bash Biden.   The writer of this article may be just one more idiot who is not qualified at all to pass judgment.  There are surely highly competent individuals who decide on the "Nuclear Posture", and they won't let article writers in on what their strategy is.   These military planners are not some dumb demagogue, like a president like Trump can be,  but they are professionals who reached their positions through competence. 

Not that Biden is so competent himself,  but contrary to his predecessor,  he listens to his advisers, which he has no problem to select among the best instead of appointing fellow criminals,  so we can trust that some reason backs him up.

6 hours ago, Steve5380 said:

The article you posted is one more stupid attempt to bash Biden.   The writer of this article may be just one more idiot who is not qualified at all to pass judgment.  There are surely highly competent individuals who decide on the "Nuclear Posture", and they won't let article writers in on what their strategy is.   These military planners are not some dumb demagogue, like a president like Trump can be,  but they are professionals who reached their positions through competence. 

Not that Biden is so competent himself,  but contrary to his predecessor,  he listens to his advisers, which he has no problem to select among the best instead of appointing fellow criminals,  so we can trust that some reason backs him up.

It is not stupid attempt but a good and objective assessment of Biden’s failed policy. Biden does not seem to have plans to solve the Ukraine issue despite having already spent hundreds of billions of US tax payers monies. These monies could have been spent helping the poor legal residents of US or repaying the trillions of dollars of National debts Biden incurred since he took office. 

Guest America

Is America going downward? Will US dollar no longer be the strong currency anymore? Is China going to become the top country? 

11 hours ago, Steve5380 said:

Steve, did you make an effort to read the full article?

Make an effort to read such articles before you comment on them. That deranged member did not even get what the article was about. Surely, nothing that he would support.

Don't get fooled by that mental deranged Member who loves to post here anything he thinks you can blame Biden.

First, he intentionally left out the parts where the article was criticising Trump!

Second. the article is from November 2022 and nothing recent.

That mental deranged member also didn't even note that he fell trap while copying an article that was written by a left winger, maybe Antifa(!)

The organisation is propagating a country without nuclear power and nuclear arms...

Ploughshares Fund is the largest foundation singularly focused on reducing the threat of nuclear weapons

Ploughshares Fund exists because we and our supporters fundamentally believe people everywhere have the right to a safe and secure future free from the threat of nuclear weapons. It is the only fund singularly focused on reducing the threat of nuclear weapons.

This happens when Members here post things not reading the contents and blindly copying into BW.

The critic on Biden on the article is because he did not get rid off nuclear weapons...

I m quite sure not one single Republican would support the writer's views!

What a self goal once again by that mental deranged Member!!!

Edited by singalion

Guest Yup!!
13 hours ago, Steve5380 said:

Not that Biden is so competent himself,  but contrary to his predecessor,  he listens to his advisers, which he has no problem to select among the best

Who are these demigods Joe Biden so foolishly listened to?  Does any Nobel Prize winner among them, or are they descended from legendery heroes we should be aware of?    As the war continues to rage on in Ukraine, we are most likely able to guess which insects have been ill advising Joe Biden.

10 hours ago, 7heaven said:

It is not stupid attempt but a good and objective assessment of Biden’s failed policy. Biden does not seem to have plans to solve the Ukraine issue despite having already spent hundreds of billions of US tax payers monies. These monies could have been spent helping the poor legal residents of US or repaying the trillions of dollars of National debts Biden incurred since he took office. 

You are writing gibberish with English words!  WHAT IS "Biden's failed policy"?   WHAT IS "the Ukraine issue"? 

This is the same as commenting historically about "Roosevelt's failed policy" and "to solve the Japan issue".  The facts are that America prevailed over Japan about 80 years ago.

This thread is about "Putin's failed policy"  and "the Russia issue".  The facts are that so far what failed is Russia's invasion of Ukraine,  which has become Russia's issue.   Soon in his 81 years, we can imagine that now Biden sleeps better at night than Putin!  :lol:  

6 hours ago, singalion said:

Steve, did you make an effort to read the full article?

Make an effort to read such articles before you comment on them. That deranged member did not even get what the article was about. Surely, nothing that he would support.

Don't get fooled by that mental deranged Member who loves to post here anything he thinks you can blame Biden.

It seems that you are more thorough here than I am.    But...   is it worth???

How much effort should one invest in researching what a DERANGED MEMBER maliciously posts here?  But since you are willing to take the effort,  thank you for this. 

In this post by @7heaven JUST THE TITLE gives the hint that it is, or its quotation here is, pure bullshit.   "Biden's nuclear policy fails the Ukrainian test"...   What in heavens is "Ukrainian test"??  Why should Biden have to take an Ukrainian examination?    Instead, Ukraine it is the "Putin test", which he is failing miserably.

7 hours ago, Guest America said:

Is America going downward? Will US dollar no longer be the strong currency anymore? Is China going to become the top country? 

No.  America is going UPWARDS.  Haven't you read about the four astronauts who will land on the Moon in the Artemis 3 mission to take place in about a year?  They will travel in the largest missile ever launched by humanity.  China has been for a while the country with the top population. It is not clear if this makes it a "top" country in this era of overpopulation...

4 hours ago, Guest Yup!! said:

Who are these demigods Joe Biden so foolishly listened to?  Does any Nobel Prize winner among them, or are they descended from legendery heroes we should be aware of?    As the war continues to rage on in Ukraine, we are most likely able to guess which insects have been ill advising Joe Biden.

If not exactly a demigod, one role model in his cabinet is Pete Buttigieg.  He is not only a role model for everyone in his capacity, his curriculum, but for gays like us he is a role model in his life style:  successfully married to his husband,  with two little kids.  Who said that gays should spend their life in closets, alone and solitary?

29 minutes ago, Steve5380 said:

You are writing gibberish with English words!  WHAT IS "Biden's failed policy"?   WHAT IS "the Ukraine issue"? 

This is the same as commenting historically about "Roosevelt's failed policy" and "to solve the Japan issue".  The facts are that America prevailed over Japan about 80 years ago.

This thread is about "Putin's failed policy"  and "the Russia issue".  The facts are that so far what failed is Russia's invasion of Ukraine,  which has become Russia's issue.   Soon in his 81 years, we can imagine that now Biden sleeps better at night than Putin!  :lol:  

Biden has led US and the world miserably in the Ukraine issue. This thread is about Ukraine and how the rest of the world are participating. Since Biden has used hundreds of billions of US tax payers monies to fund Ukraine, we can comment on his policies which are failing. We wouldn’t put it past Biden to not just be sleeping better at night, he sleeps better in the day and perhaps most part of the day. 😂 And that’s why there is no end in sight in the Ukraine issues under Biden. 

Edited by 7heaven
Sleepy Joe

Sure, let Putin run over Ukraine, kill all Ukrainians and make Ukraine another part of Russia, kill democracy in Ukraine and end the independence of that country. 

Is that what benefits the world or Ukraine?

Instead give the monies to deprived white supremacists kids who suffer in school under books mentioning the word gay or better comics descripting homosexuals...

Why should the US defend freedom and liberties in foreign countries? What a waste!

It won't affect the US in any way if there is no other democratic country left or if dictators invade neighbouring countries...

29 minutes ago, 7heaven said:

Biden has led US and the world miserably in the Ukraine issue. This thread is about Ukraine and how the rest of the world are participating. Since Biden has used hundreds of billions of US tax payers monies to fund Ukraine, we can comment on his policies which are failing. We wouldn’t put it past Biden to not just be sleeping better at night, he sleeps better in the day and perhaps most part of the day. 😂 And that’s why there is no end in sight in the Ukraine issues under Biden. 

I second @singalion in his objection to letting Putin invade neighboring countries and expand his dominion into Europe to "rebuild" the former Soviet Union.  America, together with the whole NATO, are doing an excellent work keeping Russia at bay.  

And Biden can sleep undisturbed, knowing that he has put competent people in place to handle the military foreign issues of his country.  About the general strategies, he surely gets plenty of advice from fellow Democrats like Obama, Clinton, etc.  all people with plenty of experience.   This is such a HUGE DIFFRENCE from the incompetent Trump,  who only trusted his deranged mind.

28 minutes ago, Steve5380 said:

I second @singalion in his objection to letting Putin invade neighboring countries and expand his dominion into Europe to "rebuild" the former Soviet Union.  America, together with the whole NATO, are doing an excellent work keeping Russia at bay.  

And Biden can sleep undisturbed, knowing that he has put competent people in place to handle the military foreign issues of his country.  About the general strategies, he surely gets plenty of advice from fellow Democrats like Obama, Clinton, etc.  all people with plenty of experience.   This is such a HUGE DIFFRENCE from the incompetent Trump,  who only trusted his deranged mind.

If Biden had put competent people in place, why is the Ukraine issue going on after Biden spent more than a hundred billion dollars of tax payers monies? 

And we need no reminders that Russia annexed Crimea when Obama was the president and Biden was the vice-president. 

28 minutes ago, 7heaven said:

If Biden had put competent people in place, why is the Ukraine issue going on after Biden spent more than a hundred billion dollars of tax payers monies? 

And we need no reminders that Russia annexed Crimea when Obama was the president and Biden was the vice-president. 

Better ask Putin why is he still fighting on in Ukraine after 60,000 to 70,000 casualties of his troops, with over 200,000 Russians dead or disabled in the conflict.  

LOL!  You should praise Obama for having let Russia take possession of Crimea during his presidency,  since you are so strongly critical of Biden opposing Russia taking possession of all of Ukraine.

2 hours ago, Steve5380 said:

Better ask Putin why is he still fighting on in Ukraine after 60,000 to 70,000 casualties of his troops, with over 200,000 Russians dead or disabled in the conflict.  

LOL!  You should praise Obama for having let Russia take possession of Crimea during his presidency,  since you are so strongly critical of Biden opposing Russia taking possession of all of Ukraine.

Better to ask Biden what is he going to do to end the Ukraine issue after spending so many billions of US taxpayers monies but nothing to show for. 

Looks like Obama and Biden are 2 presidents who have failed to stop Russia from annexing and invading Crimea and Ukraine respectively. Such failures. 🙄

1 hour ago, 7heaven said:

Better to ask Biden what is he going to do to end the Ukraine issue after spending so many billions of US taxpayers monies but nothing to show for. 

Looks like Obama and Biden are 2 presidents who have failed to stop Russia from annexing and invading Crimea and Ukraine respectively. Such failures. 🙄

It seems that you have the misconception that Biden "should end the Ukraine issue".   This is not Biden's call, but is an issue between Ukraine and Russia.  Biden correctly assesses who the aggressor is, and the cowardice of the bully aggressor with high apparent superiority,  and does the right thing by helping the more vulnerable victim defend itself by supporting it with the necessary weapons.

And you think that "Obama and Biden have failed to stop Russia" ??  You think that these two men are barriers,  buffer stops to halt runaway trains?   They could not even stop the many tornados that devastate the land...

Edited by Steve5380

Seriously, Biden failed to stop Putin from invading Ukraine.

I also don't understand why US President Biden doesn't walk into the nearest gun shop, buys an AK-47 automatic rifle, get's afterwards into Air Force One, flies directly to the Kremlin and kills Putin to end the Ukraine war! 

Simplistic as it is, Biden just sits in the White House, man!

What is US President Biden waiting for? 

Instead, Biden spends millions of taxpayer money to send weapons to Ukraine!!! OMG. 

🤠💣🤡

Edited by singalion

We also don't understand why Trump, who is such a good friend of Putin, does not jump into his "trump" airplane and flies directly to the Kremlin to give some advice to his friend to stop that war he is losing.

Ah... maybe the reason Trump does not do this now is because he has been indicted, and therefore he cannot leave the country without becoming a "fugitive".   But maybe seeing what he has coming,  he should gladly fly to the Kremlin... one way only.  :lol:

Guest Yup!!
11 hours ago, Steve5380 said:

one role model in his cabinet is Pete Buttigieg.  He is not only a role model for everyone in his capacity, his curriculum, but for gays like us he is a role model in his life style:  successfully married to his husband,  with two little kids.  Who said that gays should spend their life in closets, alone and solitary?

What can one apathetic gay man accomplish other being a nice face in the White House with no real influence on policy, save for being called upon to plaster Biden's wounded smelly ass?

1 hour ago, Guest Yup!! said:

What can one apathetic gay man accomplish other being a nice face in the White House with no real influence on policy, save for being called upon to plaster Biden's wounded smelly ass?

Do you have spy cameras in the White House to know so cockily that Buttigieg has no real influence there?

As the Transportation Secretary he has a huge influence on how the billions for infrastructure improvements are spent.

17 hours ago, Steve5380 said:

It seems that you have the misconception that Biden "should end the Ukraine issue".   This is not Biden's call, but is an issue between Ukraine and Russia.  Biden correctly assesses who the aggressor is, and the cowardice of the bully aggressor with high apparent superiority,  and does the right thing by helping the more vulnerable victim defend itself by supporting it with the necessary weapons.

And you think that "Obama and Biden have failed to stop Russia" ??  You think that these two men are barriers,  buffer stops to halt runaway trains?   They could not even stop the many tornados that devastate the land...

It seems like you have the misconception that it is not Biden’s call to end the Ukraine issue. If it is not Biden’s call, why then is he depleting the US tax payers’ monies to fund Ukraine. 

Biden like Obama failed to prevent Russia from annexing Crimea and invading Ukraine respectively. They are not buffer stops and they are not capable enough to stop Russia from their aggression. 

46 minutes ago, 7heaven said:

It seems like you have the misconception that it is not Biden’s call to end the Ukraine issue. If it is not Biden’s call, why then is he depleting the US tax payers’ monies to fund Ukraine. 

Biden like Obama failed to prevent Russia from annexing Crimea and invading Ukraine respectively. They are not buffer stops and they are not capable enough to stop Russia from their aggression. 

Although the cost of the weapons given to Ukraine runs into the tens of billions,  it is peanuts compared to the giveaway of tax cuts Trump gave to the rich and powerful.

To stop Russia from their aggression, America would need to engage in nuclear war with Russia,  something we want to avoid at nearly all cost.   This is why American troops are not fighting in Ukraine,  but we jut give them weapons.