Male HQ

Underwear Discussion : Boxer or brief? What Does It Says About You + What Brand You Wear / Buy? (Compiled)

HendryTan

If he lets you buy his underpants, you're "The One"

Nov 10, 2009

http://www.reuters.com/article/lifestyleMolt/idUSTRE5A926120091110

LONDON (Reuters Life!) - Men only buy their own underpants when they are hoping to entice a potential partner into a relationship, according to a new survey.

The poll by British retailer Debenhams showed that men normally leave the purchasing of their underwear to their mothers until about the age of 19, relatively late when compared to women, who start buying their own knickers around 13.

Between the ages of 19 and 23, men tend to buy their own underwear, up to 31 pairs a year in the belief that wearing new underpants is an essential prerequisite to a relationship.

Buying declines gradually to zero between 23 and 33, because most men are in stable relationships and leave the shopping to their partners, unless they are still on the prowl.

"Our research shows that you can tell when a man is looking for a partner by the number of new underpants they buy for themselves," said Debenhams Head of Men's Accessories Buying, Rob Faucherand.

"If he buys more than 31 pairs every year then he's either still trying desperately to impress the woman in his life -- or else she's not The One."

However, Faucherand said that if your man seldom goes to the underwear section on his own, and instead assumes that you will choose for him, then you can be certain that your relationship is in a very stable phase.

The survey also reveals that underwear-buying among men picks up again briefly between the ages of 38 and 40, when some men are going through relationship break-ups and seeking new partners again.

The incidence of this new-found purchasing enthusiasm is short-lived however. It goes into a sharp decline and slumps to zero again at the age of 44 when men mostly find themselves in another stable relationship.

After 44, most men remain strangers to the underwear department for the rest of their lives, handing all responsibility for their underwear to women, Debenhams said.

"This is the one issue that feminism has never addressed," Faucherand said. "It's not who wears the pants in each household -- it's who has to buy them that counts."

(Reporting by Paul Casciato, Editing by Steve Addison)

Interesting article ! :thumb:

But it is more applicable to straight men. Gay men like us buy our underwear regardless single or attached.

Does your boyfriend choose or buy underwear for you ?

But I do notice what type of underwear you wear does tell a little story about oneself. :whistle:

If one wear a classic cut white briefs, he is most probably a more manly decent non scene person. Probably a high chance that he is a good man to be with. :whistle:

If one wear bright coloured or printed design underwear, mostly probably he is the loud main stream trendy gay men. These people are fun to be with if you know them but also will be type that act high class or play hard to get type. This category of men are the better looking and beautiful people. :yuk:

If one wear g-strings or y-back undies, these are the people that thinks wearing them can make them more sexy. But in fact, it gives an idea that they are not sexy at all. In order to make themself sexy, they wear g-string to expose their sexy butt. I will think people wearing these undies belong to the insecure and inconfident type. Also, there are high chances that they are bottom or the slutty type. :lol:

So the next round when you are in the men's locker room, do just take some time to see who's wearing what type of underwear. It is judgemental but it does help. So what type of the abovementioned underwear you guys wear ? :rolleyes:

Edited by ixmog

interesting conclusions, ixmog.. biggrin.gif

i wear all three types. i think that means i'm decent but insecure yet play hard to get.

yeah, i know what you're thinking/judging... i'm a walking contradiction. tongue.gif

Love me for a Reason, Let the Reason be Love. (from 'Love Me For A Reason', Boyzone)

Guest Chinois75

What about men wearing cheap torn undies? hahahahaha... I think it's a turn off for me.

I used to wear white... but since I take Vitamin B... I have to go for Grey/Black CK.

Guest Chinois75

actually i like white underwear, but somehow most of mine are coloured. easy to bleach too! :)

chinois: vitamin b and coloured... hmm... i don't get it, sorry... heh..

Vitamin B make u pee/sweat yellow... I can't wear White T-shirt too... :-|

Vitamin B make u pee/sweat yellow... I can't wear White T-shirt too... :-|

Oh, I didn't know that. Oh well. Let's hope you can get to wear white sometime in the future when you don't really need the Vitamin B. :)

Wonder where the other people are. This thread seems quite quiet. :)

Love me for a Reason, Let the Reason be Love. (from 'Love Me For A Reason', Boyzone)

Guest Chinois75

Maybe not many into undies...

I wasn't so much into undies (I was attached all the time, till recent years :-P)... and recently met this sexy man... whom we admire each other a lot... he likes to see me in trunks... and yes... he specifically into white trunks. :P

I only buy them once a year as part of Lunar New Year customs ... Preferably not white since I dont like the stains too ...

I tend to be a bit curious so I have a bit of everything ... G string , boxers , boxer briefs , sports brief , etc ...

Usually different shades of blue or black ...

Our mother used to tell us "always wear clean underwear!"

I used to wear briefs for as many years as I can remembered but in the past few years, I am a boxer-convert. No, not the roomy ones and the short boxers. Yes there are an extending of the briefs without the "cup".

It is true (at least for me) that at the gym, I tend to look at what others are wearing (or not wearing). Yes those cheap and worn-looking briefs are a super turnoff. Usually the straight and boring type will don this type of underwear.

As for the gym bunnies and young-at-heart, I saw many wearing boxer-shorts - either branded or otherwise. And we used to see the stable black, grey and white ones but now, it is a whole spectrum of colours.

Personally I have more than 20 pairs of undies from CK to DKNY, 2xist to Renoma. My philosophy when it comes to underwear: Make sure it is comfy to wear for more tha 10 hours without casuing nappy rashes. And never would I dare to wear a pair of G-strings underneath my tailored-pants. G-strings (to me) is what I would wear on weekends in Sentosa...

If one wear bright coloured or printed design underwear, mostly probably he is the loud main stream trendy gay men. These people are fun to be with if you know them but also will be type that act high class or play hard to get type. This category of men are the better looking and beautiful people. :yuk:

I'm mostly wearing conservative white boxer briefs but I do have a collection of printed design boxer briefs from Aussiebum as it is very comfortable, has nice design without being 'too loud' - only wear it when I occasionally go to sauna during undies night :P

I'm sorry but my personality is nowhere near your 'printed design' description :rolleyes:

Don't quite agree with the statement below.

"If one wear g-strings or y-back undies, these are the people that thinks wearing them can make them more sexy. But in fact, it gives an idea that they are not sexy at all. In order to make themself sexy, they wear g-string to expose their sexy butt. I will think people wearing these undies belong to the insecure and inconfident type. Also, there are high chances that they are bottom or the slutty type."

Those dare to wear thongs, g-string and jocks must be confident with themselves and their body. It is definite true wearing these types of undies makes me feel more sexy.

By the way, I am a dominant bi top.

Don't quite agree with the statement below.

"If one wear g-strings or y-back undies, these are the people that thinks wearing them can make them more sexy. But in fact, it gives an idea that they are not sexy at all. In order to make themself sexy, they wear g-string to expose their sexy butt. I will think people wearing these undies belong to the insecure and inconfident type. Also, there are high chances that they are bottom or the slutty type."

Those dare to wear thongs, g-string and jocks must be confident with themselves and their body. It is definite true wearing these types of undies makes me feel more sexy.

By the way, I am a dominant bi top.

I quite agree with tookidooki. It takes guts (and tonnes of confidence) to actually put on a g-string, thong or jock in public. I'm still quite shy to put them on after I shower in the gym, although I was 'forced' to put on my g-string/jock a few times because I didn't bring any other underwear. I could sense people looking, but I (being shy and all) looked down and quickly pulled up. :P

• 7 months later...
Guest slinkYcaT

Call me shallow or superficial, but i am a very visual guy - what's the whole point of wearing underwear if you don't look good in it ??? Nice and flattering underwear especially on a taut lean bod & cute face never fail to send my raging hormones to sexual overdrive, EVER. Maybe that explains why i am such a sucker for themed underwear night. I mean, to see sooooooo many hot bods on display parading around in various sexy underwear all in one arena? PURE BLISS.

And i just love my TOOT and GMW, the low slung ones that is. They are like, the sexiest, ever! Recently started to wear TOOT boxers and i must say it was worth all the money spent!

Oh, no disrespect to g-string or thong wearers or lovers or both,but seriously, i just dun get it. Like, really? G-string? Thong? To me, it is sooooo unsexy. I once attended a 3some with this btm and another top. It was all fine and dandy until we got undressed. I almost freaked out big time when i saw the top removed his jeans to reveal a tiny weeny thong. The thot of seeing a guy (esp top) in tat skimpy almost feminine-like piece of cloth made me so nauseous, i felt sick to my stomach.I couldn't continue - eventually i fled - too traumatised or/and turned off i guess.

So now, every time i see a man in a thong, i would just alternate between laughter and shudder especially when i think about that sexcapade. It was THAT hilarious. And ridiculous.

Found out BHG Tampines is dumping their Private Structure stocks and all undies were sold at $9.

Got all their designs which were there.... nice.

I wonder if the branch in Bugis is having the same offer?

I went to Private Structure outlet at The Heeren Shops few days back, and found out that they had pulled down the shutters for good. I believed they had ceased operation in SG.

And yes, BHG Bugis is clearing old stocks from Private Structure as well, selling briefs and boxer brieds at $9.

Lets just say that there are two types of people who are into underwears.

The underwear enthusiast:

those who loves to buy and collect various style and brands of underwears, loves wearing and exhibit it.

The underwear fetishist:

those who pervertedly threat the underwear as an exclusive and preferred object of stimulating their sexual arousal. Usually the fetishist obtains climax by kissing, tasting, fondling or smelling the underwear. For the pure underwear fetishist, this kind of foreplay behaviour are the main and primary attention during sex.

So which category are u? i often heard people claimed they have underwear fetishes, cos they cant stop buying it. but do they sexually aroused or actually have sex with it?

Volunteering for the underwear association for third world countries. Please donate your used underwear to me.

Guest George Leong

i freeballed since 1996. If gay men on average buys 10 underwear a year, and average cost per year is about $200, then I have saved $200 x 14 = $2800!!

LOL

You are very cheap skates. :yuk: :swear: :yuk: :swear: :yuk: :swear:

Ha ha ... I wrote to let you guys think about :lol:

I wear 2 styles. The classic white or grey Calvin Klein briefs and the colourful printed Toots boxer.

So am I to say I'm a beautiful person and a good man ? :rolleyes:

..... or none!

"Life it too short to be small"

Guest slinkYcaT

i love low rise tight boxers.. and hate the normal kind of boxers..

Can i like, introduce you to this Jap brand Toot, if you are not already a #1 fan??? Their low rise tight boxers ( and their low slung undies) are like the sexiest, ever! Wear it and start flaunting it!

Guest waterq

Can i like, introduce you to this Jap brand Toot, if you are not already a #1 fan??? Their low rise tight boxers ( and their low slung undies) are like the sexiest, ever! Wear it and start flaunting it!

I got to hv it! where can i buy?! lol

is the brand being promoted at isetan wisma atria few months back??

i remember there's a temporary male underwear section and it's a japanese brand if im not mistaken..

i did not buy when i first saw cauze there were 2 salesman guys standing there i feel paiseh and akward..

but when i went back the promo ended..

anyway if it's not that brand can you tell me where to buy the brand you were saying?? lol

Guest slinkYcaT

I got to hv it! where can i buy?! lol

is the brand being promoted at isetan wisma atria few months back??

i remember there's a temporary male underwear section and it's a japanese brand if im not mistaken..

i did not buy when i first saw cauze there were 2 salesman guys standing there i feel paiseh and akward..

but when i went back the promo ended..

anyway if it's not that brand can you tell me where to buy the brand you were saying?? lol

Price easily range frm $59.50 onwards, if i am not wrong for a typical TOOT underwear. You can of coz, check out the whole range of Toot currently being sold at Sportsmenasia located at Chinatown Point. While you are at it, ogle also at the delish salesbois on duty. OMG.OMFG. I feel like some promoter cum pimp for "advertising" this gay-friendly shop. Maybe i should get a cut off the commission too, you guys reckon???

Guest slinkYcaT

Googled and found that you can buy Toots at whole sale prices - http://www.tradetang.com/wholesale/toot-underwear.html

...... And obviously these are just some fake cheap imitation of the real deal, a phony doppelganger, if you will. I won't be surprised if the items are of dubious quality - colors start to run and stitches fall apart just after one washing or two. I mean, common! The website also hawks abercombie & fitch ( MY ALL-TIME FAVE APPAREL- EVER!!!!). How crazy can that get???

For those not in the know, may i implore you guys to check out the correct website? It's called www.pants-ya.com. It tells you everything tat u need to know. And oh, just so you guys know, i am a proud owner of not one, not two, but three of their TOOT GINGHAM TRUNK - Pink, Mint & Navy . Waste money only .... :(

Guest Guest

Yup, a friend of mine bought 2 pairs of cheap TOOT from some dubious online shop and found that the quality was nowhere near the original. He complained to the seller but got no response. Still angry, he wrote in to Japan TOOT website directly who told him that they only sell through Sportsmenasia in Chinatown Point and that all other sellers in Singapore are fakes. It turns out that TOOT Japan list all their authentic resellers on their website but my fren wasn't aware until after he bought the fakes.

OMG.OMFG. I feel like some promoter cum pimp for "advertising" this gay-friendly shop.

OMFG. Its quite obvious that all the guests above are "advertising" this gay friendly shop indirectly.

I dunno, i could be wrong.

Volunteering for the underwear association for third world countries. Please donate your used underwear to me.

Guest slinkYcaT

OMFG. Its quite obvious that all the guests above are "advertising" this gay friendly shop indirectly.

I dunno, i could be wrong.

You got it half-wrong, babe. I UNWITTINGLY and indirectly advertised the said gay friendly shop - but only by default. That's only becoz this is the only shop in Singapore that carries the Toot label. I have no hidden agenda, just so you know .....

You got it half-wrong, babe. I UNWITTINGLY and indirectly advertised the said gay friendly shop - but only by default. That's only becoz this is the only shop in Singapore that carries the Toot label. I have no hidden agenda, just so you know .....

Anyway, theres nothing wrong for the advertisement. It is indeed Sportsmenasia is the only shop that carries large variety of underwear brands thats not available anywhere else in Singapore. I love that shop too.

• 5 months later...

What brand underwear man at blowingwind wear ? Anyone still wear the white crocodile undies. I have Byfords color ones I wore for work. Bought at Robinson sales. Last weekend I wore CK whites.

i seriously think there is a problem with me. i dont like to wear underwear and freeball for most of the time but i like to buy branded underwears like CK and sexy translucent ones like cn-2 from online

I only wear hip brief, dun like to wear boxers or those briefs that are too long at the thighs area. Wears ck(expensive but comfortable and classy) renoma(affordable and comfortable), aussiebum(sexy) and recently c-in-2.

Most of my underwear are Renoma bikini types. Don’t like too much fabric coverage on my hip parts. :P For non-bikini underwear, I have to date a white Unico boxer briefs, a black Renoma boxers and a blue and white Men’s Uno hip briefs. I have several round-collar undershirts and V-collar sleeveless top underwear (white, grey and black) as well. Had to wear this second layer cos my office is damn cold, especially with the year-end weather. Having the collar showing from my shirt’s collar also makes me feel kinda sexy (imagining a guy wanting to see more of my body under the inner layer and being molested by him). :lol: Looks like I have let my sexual fantasies run too wild…. :oops:

"You like who you like lah. Who cares if someone likes the other someone because of their race? It's when they hate them. That's the problem."

Orked (acted by Sharifah Amani) in SEPET (2004, directed by Yasmin Ahmad)

Renoma bikini for me while at work. After office hour or weekend, would usually ended up in other types and brand of brief..Not into boxer, prefers boxer brief while at home and sleeping.

With budget constraints.. would usually buy during offers which is aplenty nowadays.. However at times, you can really get very very good discount or rather some dept store are selling certain model of Renoma etc at cheap prices of even $1 a pc..

• G_M changed the title to Underwear Discussion : Boxer or brief? What Does It Says About You + What Brand You Wear / Buy? (Compiled)
  • Guest locked and unlocked this topic
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.