Male HQ

Discussion on Muscle Building, Weight Lost, Weight Gain, Gym Workout

Guest Advice, pls

Nowadays it's getting harder to gym with the limited time to head to the gym. And it's getting so hard to fix on what I want to work on lately. Like should I focus more on gym over statics, or have a equal balance? Strength or Endurance? So much to think about 😕

At the same time I also want to try maintain my cardio fitness (HIIT / Running etc.) so that I can try to lose some body fat.

On 9/26/2020 at 10:52 PM, himick said:

any suggestion how to start gyming? feels like people will judge me in the gym 

Pretty normal to feel that way. You can always start off working out in parks first, or statics to build up some foundation strength. Or like what timber_wolf said, look up on videos first before stepping into the gym, and find friends to go together :)

After awhile, you'll get used to it and realize people are there to gym and focus on their goals, and don't have that much time to judge you. At most they judge you for hogging the machine/bench forever and taking super long rest time without sharing the equipment. Hahaha!

Holy mama.

On 9/27/2020 at 1:02 AM, timber_wolf said:

Watch fitness channels on YouTube to learn the exercises and plan out what you want to do before stepping into the gym, this will reduce the anxiety on not knowing what to do when you're there. Find friends to go together helps too.

Some fitness channels I would recommend checking out are Athlean X or Steve Cook

Thks 4 the recommendations!!

On 9/29/2020 at 4:24 PM, Gray32 said:

Nowadays it's getting harder to gym with the limited time to head to the gym. And it's getting so hard to fix on what I want to work on lately. Like should I focus more on gym over statics, or have a equal balance? Strength or Endurance? So much to think about 😕

At the same time I also want to try maintain my cardio fitness (HIIT / Running etc.) so that I can try to lose some body fat.

Pretty normal to feel that way. You can always start off working out in parks first, or statics to build up some foundation strength. Or like what timber_wolf said, look up on videos first before stepping into the gym, and find friends to go together :)

After awhile, you'll get used to it and realize people are there to gym and focus on their goals, and don't have that much time to judge you. At most they judge you for hogging the machine/bench forever and taking super long rest time without sharing the equipment. Hahaha!

Most of the typical gym equipments are user friendly , and some gym offers introductory personal guide / orientation upon signing up . It helps that some of the instructors are eye candy themselves ;) 

Yes , most of them don’t bat an eye to what you are doing unless you are hogging the machine or grunting loudly while lifting weights . Just remember to return the weights or whatever you are using to it’s original condition . And you are fine ! Good luck 

• 2 weeks later...

I am a skinny guy at bulking stage, went from 63kg to 70kg in about 4 months time. Weight stagnant for about 2 months already. Target is 80kg.

Currently I have reached a stage which people call bottle neck period as my weight and strength are not increasing anymore. It is quite frustrating that I have been working really hard but not seeing any results for the past 2 months.

What can I do to go through this stage? Any recommendations?

To my ALL MY Friends out there, Malay, Chinese, Indians, Eurasians, Caucasians, young & old..

- Are you tired of losing weight thru exercising??

- Are you tired of torturing urself?!

- ur knees are screaming for mercy....??!!

- U trialed & error many different forms of diet..

- U tried fat burning pills. Doesn't work?!

- u found the gym fees burning a hole in ur pocket..??!!

- You hate to spend money on the gym

- You want to feel attractive again

- You want to feel good and confident

- You Love to eat; You Live to Eat

You want to take charge of your body BMI, weight loss & wear sexy clothes again

Let me help u out.

Drink coffee to lose weight?!

I must be CRAZY, right?

YES!!

- All natural ingredients

-Suppresses your hunger pangs

- stops acid reflux

-improves ur bowel movements

- HALAL Certified

- 1 box 7 sachets, S$11.00

- Drink it to Believe it

122450318_819376995271480_5759294226783027923_n.jpg?_nc_cat=108&ccb=2&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=DwL9FMa9wI4AX_0czRX&_nc_ht=scontent.fsin9-1.fna&oh=e5865bc64a7a73148917a8d8847fd72a&oe=5FBB89D7

contact me @ 87380843 now

• 2 weeks later...

can someone teach me how to gain muscles? I’ve doing some bodyweight work outs as well as pull ups but I don’t seem to be keeping the muscles. They just seem to disappear a few days later for some reason.  Am I not training hard enough or is my nutrition wrong?

Edited by Wapper

2 hours ago, Wapper said:

I’ve doing some bodyweight work outs as well as pull ups

You will need resistance training with additional weight - not just bodyweight only.

They just seem to disappear a few days later for some reason

You will get a temporary "pump" with lactic acids. After that body will repair itself and the pump will disappear and the temporary enlargement during workout will subside.

Am I not training hard enough or is my nutrition wrong?

You will need to be consistent in training, get the right nutritional intake and suitable workouts.

Before simply just doing another session of workout, you should take sometime to evaluate your current workout program that you probably have designed by yourself, your own meal intakes and your (realistic) long term and short term  (more concrete) goals first. Using your goals as a guide, you can plan out your workouts and meals.

One example is you want to increase in size and by quantifying what size means, you want to put on 5 kg. So, you will measure out your daily caloric expenditures, slightly increase your caloric intakes to have surplus more than expenditures and then plan a clean meal plan to perform all those.

the thing is, I dont think im hitting my daily recommended calories. I did some food tracking via an app (not super accurate) and I had the number 2190 calories. However i read that to put on weight, i need at least 2750 calories to break even. I've been trying to stuff myself with food but i just cant seem to hit that number no matter how much i eat.

I did some food tracking via an app (not super accurate) and I had the number 2190 calories. However i read that to put on weight, i need at least 2750 calories to break even. I've been trying to stuff myself with food but i just cant seem to hit that number no matter how much i eat.

I assume you meant that your body get full before you hit the required calories ?

Have you tried splitting your diet into multiple smaller diets ? Any details of your current diet ?

10 minutes ago, Cernunnos said:

I assume you meant that your body get full before you hit the required calories ?

Have you tried splitting your diet into multiple smaller diets ? Any details of your current diet ?

Yea I just can’t seem to eat much to get to that number

i have been trying to eat more in between meals but that’s about it. My meals aren’t that big I think 

11 minutes ago, Wapper said:

have been trying to eat more in between meals but that’s about it. My meals aren’t that big I think

Also forget to mention, not to quickly jump from current calorie intake amount to desired calorie intake amount. Slowly increase to prevent backfiring of the goals. it will take sometime.

16 minutes ago, Cernunnos said:

To allow your body to slowly adapt to increased caloric intakes. Your body doesn't simply accept a new caloric intake amount suddenly. It needs to slowly grow into the new numbers.

I see. Hmm ok diet is gonna take a while to do. Could you recommend exercises for me to build muscles then? I don’t go to the gym cause it’s pretty expensive so I use the fitness corner instead. Any great exercise I should do?

1 hour ago, Wapper said:

Could you recommend exercises for me to build muscles then? I don’t go to the gym cause it’s pretty expensive so I use the fitness corner instead. Any great exercise I should do?

Well I doubt I am qualified enough to give a list of exercises as there are those more qualified than me here.

What I can do here is help you regarding setting of goals and expectations which will help you in terms of longevity in terms of continued interest. Firstly, bodybuilding and lifting of weights are seen as integral part of a healthy lifestyle rather than just using bodybuilding and lifting weights solely for looks although many of us, including myself, entered into bodybuilding and weight lifting just to look good initially. So, you will need to see this as a long term goal to stay healthy, not just the looks.

The next thing is expectations. There is a newbie gain period where you may expect some visible gains in the first 2 to 3 years and subsequently the gains are somewhat sluggish afterwards and this is to be expected. Getting into a beach ready body won't take 6 months unless you are already experienced and you have the ability to control how you want your body to work but that would be somebody who have been into bodybulding for more than a decade and have good control over their body.

Setting well defined short term and long term goals are important and these have to be quantitative. One example is how much weight you want to gain or what sort of PRs you want to hit. Also note that putting on muscles is a very slow, tedious and painful path. You do your bodybuilding routines and don't expect muscles to grow at a specific spot. You would be seeing about less than a pound or two of muscle growth per year spread across the body which you have not much precision control over. All you can do is, you might want the latissimus dorsi muscles to grow to have a good V-shaped back, all you can do is figure out how to optimize your rows, pull-ups and back workouts with or without machines with abit more intensity and focus in that area while still maintaining a relative balance to other muscle groups and hope for the best.

Also, you should work to be in tune with your body by knowing how much workout and frequencies or types of exercises your body is comfortable with and uncomfortable with and do to a healthy amount to ensure longevity of the body.

Mind-muscle connection is very important and it took me a long time to figure this one out.

Partitioning of daily time for workouts and outdoor cardio exercises for fresh air is important without being too obsessed with working out if you missed one or two sessions due to certain valid reasons.

I hope all those concepts mentioned above will give you and others a quick head start so that their interest and body will experience the benefits for a long time.

My apologies for not giving a direct workout routine as you have asked because these concepts are much more important than churning out some workout routines or meal plans.

1 hour ago, Cernunnos said:

Well I doubt I am qualified enough to give a list of exercises as there are those more qualified than me here.

What I can do here is help you regarding setting of goals and expectations which will help you in terms of longevity in terms of continued interest. Firstly, bodybuilding and lifting of weights are seen as integral part of a healthy lifestyle rather than just using bodybuilding and lifting weights solely for looks although many of us, including myself, entered into bodybuilding and weight lifting just to look good initially. So, you will need to see this as a long term goal to stay healthy, not just the looks.

The next thing is expectations. There is a newbie gain period where you may expect some visible gains in the first 2 to 3 years and subsequently the gains are somewhat sluggish afterwards and this is to be expected. Getting into a beach ready body won't take 6 months unless you are already experienced and you have the ability to control how you want your body to work but that would be somebody who have been into bodybulding for more than a decade and have good control over their body.

Setting well defined short term and long term goals are important and these have to be quantitative. One example is how much weight you want to gain or what sort of PRs you want to hit. Also note that putting on muscles is a very slow, tedious and painful path. You do your bodybuilding routines and don't expect muscles to grow at a specific spot. You would be seeing about less than a pound or two of muscle growth per year spread across the body which you have not much precision control over. All you can do is, you might want the latissimus dorsi muscles to grow to have a good V-shaped back, all you can do is figure out how to optimize your rows, pull-ups and back workouts with or without machines with abit more intensity and focus in that area while still maintaining a relative balance to other muscle groups and hope for the best.

Also, you should work to be in tune with your body by knowing how much workout and frequencies or types of exercises your body is comfortable with and uncomfortable with and do to a healthy amount to ensure longevity of the body.

Mind-muscle connection is very important and it took me a long time to figure this one out.

Partitioning of daily time for workouts and outdoor cardio exercises for fresh air is important without being too obsessed with working out if you missed one or two sessions due to certain valid reasons.

I hope all those concepts mentioned above will give you and others a quick head start so that their interest and body will experience the benefits for a long time.

My apologies for not giving a direct workout routine as you have asked because these concepts are much more important than churning out some workout routines or meal plans.

that’s really insightful thanks for that! You said something about uncomfortable exercises, do I cut that out completely or do fewer reps of it?

2 minutes ago, Wapper said:

that’s really insightful thanks for that! You said something about uncomfortable exercises, do I cut that out completely or do fewer reps of it?

You are welcomed. Just do fewer and see how it goes. If it is uncomfortable to your body, you may proceed to change to some other exercises but before that, use lower weights and consider the posture of the exercise used. Sometimes it might simply be hand posturing in the case of bicep curls or something like that.

Any tips on work out and supplements when it comes to gaining muscle mass?

As of now, my weight is 72kg. I came a long way from 56kg 5 years ago. What I did previously was drinking mass gainer and work out at the gym regularly (About 4-5 times a week, no cardio).

But the effects of mass gainer is diminished as I don't see much results if i was to drink it now.

Right now I'm on a constant supplement of 1 scoop of protein powder and 1 serving of creatine.

Working out roughly 5-6 times a week, about 5 sets of 10 for my exercises.

• 1 month later...

@Jungleman you took 5 years to gain to 72kg?! 😱

I am currently standing at 61-63kg, muscle mass of about 51.7kg to 51.9kg (don't know how this was counted but based on my mi watch reading). 

My gains has been quite minimal recently - I "blamed" on my "essential" work schedule which requires me to wake up early, and sometimes I did get insomnia for whatever reasons. Since WFH is not an option, it makes it even worse as I do not always have food around me and I cant be eating all the time beside my colleagues although it's possible.

I'm definitely intending to get a PT in near future. But I'm not sure if 3-6 months is enough for a weight gain training? Or should I consider longer term? This has been my plan as I'd be taking a short break soon to focus on the weight gaining.

Will you be my valentine's? :D

4 hours ago, sum1outhere_03 said:

@Jungleman you took 5 years to gain to 72kg?! 😱

I am currently standing at 61-63kg, muscle mass of about 51.7kg to 51.9kg (don't know how this was counted but based on my mi watch reading). 

My gains has been quite minimal recently - I "blamed" on my "essential" work schedule which requires me to wake up early, and sometimes I did get insomnia for whatever reasons. Since WFH is not an option, it makes it even worse as I do not always have food around me and I cant be eating all the time beside my colleagues although it's possible.

I'm definitely intending to get a PT in near future. But I'm not sure if 3-6 months is enough for a weight gain training? Or should I consider longer term? This has been my plan as I'd be taking a short break soon to focus on the weight gaining.

My first year was more of a jump, maybe from 56kg to 65kg~, from taking mass gainer. The rest is slow gaining, consistent working out and try to eat more than usual.

Mass gain and getting toned is definitely a long journey than a quick one, especially without a proper diet and training routine.

Getting a PT is good if you can't motivate yourself to work out or have no idea how to do it properly. But I personally feel it would be better if you can self motivate to work out, that would last way longer and more economical, hahaha!

Haha! apparently I can't really motivate myself, and I have been doing the same exercise over and over, sometimes thinking if I'm doing with the right posture. I guess I need some refresher course to make sure my growth is optimal.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/19/2020 at 8:56 PM, Jungleman said:

My first year was more of a jump, maybe from 56kg to 65kg~, from taking mass gainer. The rest is slow gaining, consistent working out and try to eat more than usual.

Mass gain and getting toned is definitely a long journey than a quick one, especially without a proper diet and training routine.

Getting a PT is good if you can't motivate yourself to work out or have no idea how to do it properly. But I personally feel it would be better if you can self motivate to work out, that would last way longer and more economical, hahaha!

Now completing my 8session PT and I would say it helped me a lot. Been going to the gym since mid year and since I started PT, I’m more confident going to the gym knowing I’m doing the right routine / exercises :)

7 hours ago, bonhomie said:

Now completing my 8session PT and I would say it helped me a lot. Been going to the gym since mid year and since I started PT, I’m more confident going to the gym knowing I’m doing the right routine / exercises :)

Great to hear!

Working out is a journey, it's more on consistent effort.

Explore different exercise yourself and try to activate the right muscles when doing a particular exercise.

Diet will come naturally as you will want to maximise your work out efforts.

Just want to share my experiences on weight loss journey.

I started with 68kg and had to go on a caloric deficit for almost 3 months. Basically calorie maintenance of max 1000 calories while my workout seems to burn more than that.

I went on a shredding phase - from 68kg (19% bf) to  61kg (9% bf) in 10 weeks. Once that's done, I went on a lean bulking phase - basically can eat normally.

I believe that dieting is key, since it contributes to almost 70% of the whole body transformation. 20% goes to your workout (depending on how intensive it gets) and 10% to genetics. 

After going through all this, I've concluded that embracing the progress is key. So what's my next goal? I don't know. As long as I think I look good, and I feel good, that's all that matters.

Cheers.

Nice work going from BF 19% to 9%.  You must have been very discipline to maintain 1000 calories.  

I'm currently at probably ~15% but will start a mini-cut for 4 weeks to go to maybe 12%.   Workout will remain normal but probably additional cardio and skipping 1 meal.

2 hours ago, ErickEast said:

Nice work going from BF 19% to 9%.  You must have been very discipline to maintain 1000 calories.  

I'm currently at probably ~15% but will start a mini-cut for 4 weeks to go to maybe 12%.   Workout will remain normal but probably additional cardio and skipping 1 meal.

yup i meal prep most of the time :)

On 12/31/2020 at 1:10 PM, neuwave said:

Just want to share my experiences on weight loss journey.

I started with 68kg and had to go on a caloric deficit for almost 3 months. Basically calorie maintenance of max 1000 calories while my workout seems to burn more than that.

I went on a shredding phase - from 68kg (19% bf) to  61kg (9% bf) in 10 weeks. Once that's done, I went on a lean bulking phase - basically can eat normally.

I believe that dieting is key, since it contributes to almost 70% of the whole body transformation. 20% goes to your workout (depending on how intensive it gets) and 10% to genetics. 

After going through all this, I've concluded that embracing the progress is key. So what's my next goal? I don't know. As long as I think I look good, and I feel good, that's all that matters.

Cheers.

losing that much in 3 months and then maintaining it

that's crazy 

7 hours ago, fenghou said:

losing that much in 3 months and then maintaining it

that's crazy 

HAHAHAHA i think so. Well according to my PT the shredding phase is essential as the metabolism will somehow work to the extent of acknowledging your lowest shredding point. so if I happened to overeat or anything, i just need to cut down and it'll go back to normal. LOL there's some science behind it but i feel like the woman with the mathematical equation meme whenever he tried explaining to me HAHAHA. its all good though.

57 minutes ago, neuwave said:

HAHAHAHA i think so. Well according to my PT the shredding phase is essential as the metabolism will somehow work to the extent of acknowledging your lowest shredding point. so if I happened to overeat or anything, i just need to cut down and it'll go back to normal. LOL there's some science behind it but i feel like the woman with the mathematical equation meme whenever he tried explaining to me HAHAHA. its all good though.

I'm always baffled by shredding and bulking. I went from 70-ish to 62kg through intermitent fasting, one meal a day, regular running and moderate weight training. Still doing that now. I know that I can benefit from more muscle mass, but I'm afraid to go back to 'normal' eating, because previously, whatever I eat goes to my mid section and I do not want to lose what I have achieved. I don't think I can ever afford to 'bulk' as it will most definitely turn into 'getting fat'.

1 minute ago, qsefthu78 said:

I'm always baffled by shredding and bulking. I went from 70-ish to 62kg through intermitent fasting, one meal a day, regular running and moderate weight training. Still doing that now. I know that I can benefit from more muscle mass, but I'm afraid to go back to 'normal' eating, because previously, whatever I eat goes to my mid section and I do not want to lose what I have achieved. I don't think I can ever afford to 'bulk' as it will most definitely turn into 'getting fat'.

Yeah unfortunately when you bulk, while it's good to eat normally, you risk of eating more than usual. So self discipline lor. It's a matter of how determined are you to maintain this kind of lifestyle. For me if I feel like I go overboard, just chiong cardio the next day lor. Its just a meal. For now I'm working on muscle growth thus the bulking phase :)

2 hours ago, qsefthu78 said:

tsktsk.. how to find fat on u? hahhaa

juz shoot! Make every frame counts! 

www.instagram.com/dphotogsg

On 1/1/2021 at 7:37 AM, qsefthu78 said:

The method of cycling between bulking and cutting (shredding) is useful to athletes who want to gain much muscle beyond their genetic predisposition without ending up being fat.  This is the case of bodybuilders who compete in exhibitions to gain a Mr. <something>.  This goal is a slight departure from what is optimum for health and aesthetics, but it satisfies an ego set up for this.  Apart from ego, it requires discipline and enough time and energy to dedicate to it.

When this is not the goal, but instead it is to become as attractive as possible, there is a balance between being muscular but still staying slim with a good figure.  In my many years of exercising I never tried to bulk up, and I think I succeeded without the need for that.

For building muscle, the essential ingredient is simply the weight lifting and resistance exercises, done with persistence and giving it strong effort. This building can take place, quite slowly, while the goal is maintained to stay slim by moderate nutrition with the right foods.  Protein is essential, from animal and vegetal sources.  From animal, I find that in addition to small amounts of beef, chicken, fish, a good choice is whey protein, if possible the isolate type.  I take one scoop (25g) of this every day with my breakfast. For vegetal  protein, sometimes incomplete, a good source are the leguminous (beans and lentils), with lentils being the best choice.  These leguminous are complex carbohydrates that are easy to cook and combine perfectly with other vegetables including cruciferous greens (broccoli, cauliflower, kale, collards, mustard greens, brussels sprouts, spinach), so this is what I eat every day.  

I have been working out with weights for many decades slowly gaining muscle, and also doing aerobics with stationary machines like stair steppers, bicycles and rowing machines. Never got a belly.  Now in my late 70s I have l lost some strength, I am not sure how much is muscle loss and how much is strength of the muscles.  Once I reach the 80s I will continue exercising with weights since it is then when it becomes most important to preserve muscles.   

3 hours ago, Jungleman said:

I’m looking to try out shredding my body fats, get lean and lower my body calorie needs before gaining again.

I know a diet plan is important but I’m lazy to meal prep.

So I want to ask if intermediate fasting helps. 

Intermitent fasting works for me, together with one meal a day. You have to be very strict though. I run 8-10km 4 times every week too in addition to gym workout. 

On 1/4/2021 at 12:28 PM, qsefthu78 said:

Intermitent fasting works for me, together with one meal a day. You have to be very strict though. I run 8-10km 4 times every week too in addition to gym workout. 

Edited by Slowmo

1 hour ago, Slowmo said:

Wow...I admire your dedication to perfection. Fasting with run and gym...where do you even get the fuel to do all?

That happened over the circuit breaker period so I guess it's conducive back then. Motivation plays a very important part too. I have never been at my present physical state, and I would say the transformation is worth the efforts. There are really no short cuts. 

On 1/5/2021 at 1:45 PM, begleitung said:

How do u measure ur body fat?  From those gym machines?

Most gyms will use InBody or some other body composition machines. either the ones with A4 printout (need trainer/staff to assist) or some just print out like a receipt. Which one you have access to?

The ones with the foot plates are not very accurate. I find the ones that require you to hold the metal receivers to be a bit more accurate. Best is take two and average out. The discrepancy of results comes from the way the current travels, either upper body or lower body.

🌑🌒🌓🌔🌕🌖🌗🌘🌑

On 1/4/2021 at 12:21 AM, qsefthu78 said:

That happened over the circuit breaker period so I guess it's conducive back then. Motivation plays a very important part too. I have never been at my present physical state, and I would say the transformation is worth the efforts. There are really no short cuts. 

Congratulations to your success.  Once you have made the effort and applied necessary persistence,  it gets easier with time to a point where to maintain the habit is no hardship at all.

• 4 weeks later...

I am seeing a worrying trend on myself these days... I bet the conclusion is I really need a PT to access lol:

• I can only see my "weight gain" if I forcefully eat alot or drink alot of protein in 1 setting (i.e., 2 cups, 40g) (Does it mean possibility of water retention?)
  • Otherwise, my weight will still be somewhere around 61.5kg, at best about 61.95kg - even if I'm working out 1-2 times a week
  • My belly still seems to be round - which means the body fat in that area seems to not go away depiste my Xiaomi readings say 1 - 2% fats gone compared to previous readings

Perhaps these could be the causes-

• my training stagnated (I have been doing the same exercises, my bad lol)
  • my sleep hasn't been good - only about 5ish hours, sometimes 6 to 7 over weekends
  • my body still feels quite stiff despite regular deep tissue/ sports massage

Generally, muscles hasn't been gaining for quite some time now:(

I guess WFH rules too. :D 

Edited by sum1outhere_03

5 hours ago, sum1outhere_03 said:

I am seeing a worrying trend on myself these days... I bet the conclusion is I really need a PT to access lol:

• I can only see my "weight gain" if I forcefully eat alot or drink alot of protein in 1 setting (i.e., 2 cups, 40g) (Does it mean possibility of water retention?)
  • Otherwise, my weight will still be somewhere around 61.5kg, at best about 61.95kg - even if I'm working out 1-2 times a week
  • My belly still seems to be round - which means the body fat in that area seems to not go away depiste my Xiaomi readings say 1 - 2% fats gone compared to previous readings

Perhaps these could be the causes-

• my training stagnated (I have been doing the same exercises, my bad lol)
  • my sleep hasn't been good - only about 5ish hours, sometimes 6 to 7 over weekends
  • my body still feels quite stiff despite regular deep tissue/ sports massage

Generally, muscles hasn't been gaining for quite some time now:(

I guess WFH rules too. :D 

Yes, the "weight gain" are all from water, 2 scoops of protein, 500ml of water? that's like 1/2 a kg of water. Looking at your training frequency, you don't need 2 scoops of protein a day also. Protein is used for muscle recovery and if you are not straining your muscle, then the protein will be wasted.

Looking at your height and weight, I'm guessing you are skinny fat? If you want to be more muscular, my guess is you are not pushing yourself hard enough. try training 3 times a week at least. Exercising once a week is not going to help much for muscle growth, but it's a good start to build a habit. 

If you just want to lose your tummy, then just eat less. No need any protein at all

• 1 month later...
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.