Male HQ

Hair Thinning / Hair Loss Problems / Hair Treatment & Hair Products Discussion (Compiled)

Guest Help

On 7/13/2017 at 10:45 PM, Guest Samurai said:

Starting a new topic because all of the older hair loss threads are closed. I am 35 and starting to lose hair on top of my head. The front of my hairline had been slowly receding for a few years, but it has become more notable in the last few months, and now the top part is thinning. My head has a shape that doesn't work with the bald look so I must have hair up there. I want to know if anybody has undergone a hair transplant and has any advice or recommendations for a surgeon or clinic?

I am leaning towards the newer FUE procedure, which everything I have read online says will not leave a scar, and they can even do this using beard hair. The older FUT procedure is less expensive, but leaves a scar, and I prefer to wear the hair on the sides and back of my head short. But if you had either a FUT or FUE, I hope you can share your experience, and advice. The situation is getting dire and I think I will need to do something about my hair within the next couple of months.

I have a friend who had several hair transplants over time and the results are very good.  Nothing else compares to good transplants.  His transplants were the traditional FUT kind, which is more efficient in the utilization of the remaining hair.  One of the transplants was combined with a face lift, where the excess skin removed from the sides of the face added its beard follicles to the balding areas. The availability of hair is the only limitation to hair transplant. The surgeon was very skillful and no scars remain visible.

Guest Guest
14 minutes ago, Steve5380 said:

I have a friend who had several hair transplants over time and the results are very good.  Nothing else compares to good transplants.  His transplants were the traditional FUT kind, which is more efficient in the utilization of the remaining hair.  One of the transplants was combined with a face lift, where the excess skin removed from the sides of the face added its beard follicles to the balding areas. The availability of hair is the only limitation to hair transplant. The surgeon was very skillful and no scars remain visible.

OH MY GOODNESS! STEVE5380 JUST HAD AN OPINION! LET'S ALL JUST AGREE WITH HIM LEST ANOTHER ROUND OF ARGUMENT COMES AROUND AGAIN!

ALL HAIL TO THE SURGEON!

ALL HAIL TO FUT TYPE TRANSPLANTS!

ALL HAIL TO THE FACE LIFT!

ALL HAIR TO STEVE5380!

HALELUYAH!

2 hours ago, Steve5380 said:

expensive?

but not real hair transplanted?

if you find to be losing more hair than usual  and having scalp itches after masturbation you might be triggering scalp eczema which just gets worst went left untreated. Using a tea tree based shampoo helps greatly  and even reduces the hair fall

Edited by knight

haha_zpsc85cc20e.jpg

Guest shampoo bar

I switch my shampoo to shampoo bar for a year now. I must say shampoo bar is so much better than regular shampoo. lesser chemical plus it work work wonder for my hair and scalp. the brand I using is J.R. Liggett's Old Fashioned Bar Shampoo Tea Tree & Hemp Oil

1 bar cost abt $9+ and lasted about 2 to 3 months. many of my female friends with long hair also love this products. it clean well and you don't even need conditioner. hair also easy to manage and style. highly recommended!

20 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

OH MY GOODNESS! STEVE5380 JUST HAD AN OPINION! LET'S ALL JUST AGREE WITH HIM LEST ANOTHER ROUND OF ARGUMENT COMES AROUND AGAIN!

ALL HAIL TO THE SURGEON!

ALL HAIL TO FUT TYPE TRANSPLANTS!

ALL HAIL TO THE FACE LIFT!

ALL HAIR TO STEVE5380!

HALELUYAH!

I hope this guy finds a kind soul who commits him to an institution before he can hurt himself!

Guest Guest
2 minutes ago, Steve5380 said:

I hope this guy finds a kind soul who commits him to an institution before he can hurt himself!

Damned if you agree with Steve5380 and damned if you don't. Some people sure are looking hard to argue with everyone everyday.

18 hours ago, -Ignored- said:

expensive?

but not real hair transplanted?

What is transplanted in a hair transplantation but hair, real hair ???

It IS expensive, and like so many things, you get what you pay for (a cheap transplant at "Bosley" may not have the quality of an independent plastic surgeon specializing in these transplants)

Expensive does not mean that it is a bad investment.  Pay for hair transplant or for a luxury car instead of a budget car?  A car loses value fast, after 10 years lost most of it, while transplanted hair can last a lifetime.  

Guest Guest
16 minutes ago, Steve5380 said:

Yes, people like you.

Here we go again... Do you really need this repeated?

20 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

17 minutes ago, Steve5380 said:

What is transplanted in a hair transplantation but hair, real hair ???

It IS expensive, and like so many things, you get what you pay for (a cheap transplant at "Bosley" may not have the quality of an independent plastic surgeon specializing in these transplants)

Expensive does not mean that it is a bad investment.  Pay for hair transplant or for a luxury car instead of a budget car?  A car loses value fast, after 10 years lost most of it, while transplanted hair can last a lifetime.  

not sure of the first qn

it is expensive of cos is a good investment! I believe in pricing too

1 hour ago, Guest Guest said:

Hi, what would you recommend to remove lice? I have it for a week now and very itchy. I can feel them crawling on my scalp.

Simple.  Just go pharmacy to buy a small bottle of dettol, apply on your head, use a towel to wrap around your hair for half an hour & then wash off. Do it 3 times for a week. Should be done

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest Crazy Unexpected

Has anybody used the hair clinic Eileen Tan which used to advertise in the old publication PLU Guide? Their ad says they do hair transplants but I'm wondering about the quality and so on.

guys just try minoxidil and you can order it on ebay for only 40sgd. it is very effective you can also watch youtube on this where guys can grow beard and moustache from nothing :)

Guest No More Drama

Minoxidil, Propecia, and Finasteride are not ideal solutions for every man. They only fix specific patterns of baldness. You also have to adhere rigidly to a particular daily use schedule. Miss one dose and all of your gains start to go away. There are also side effects to worry about. With that in mind I understand why hair transplant surgery might be the best option for those who have enough money to afford such a procedure. In fact, while we are on the topic, I should probably start saving up so, when the day arrives that I start balding, I will be ready to fight back.

• 2 months later...

Hi, has anyone here tried this PRP (platelet-rich plasma) treatment for hair loss? Any clinics to recommend (in sg and nearby countries) and its costs? 

I found some related links

This one was $800 per treatment (5 years ago)  http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/health-fitness-corner-48/[hair-loss]-platelet-rich-plasma-treatment-hair-loss-4393618.html

And his one goes for 2.5k per treatment (which includes extra treatments). http://sgbeautyblog.com/prp-treatment-hair-loss

Guest Wanna Sauna Topic
On January 3, 2018 at 2:12 AM, Guest lyra said:

Hi, has anyone here tried this PRP (platelet-rich plasma) treatment for hair loss? Any clinics to recommend (in sg and nearby countries) and its costs?
I found some related links

This one was $800 per treatment (5 years ago)  http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/health-fitness-corner-48/[hair-loss]-platelet-rich-plasma-treatment-hair-loss-4393618.html

And his one goes for 2.5k per treatment (which includes extra treatments). http://sgbeautyblog.com/prp-treatment-hair-loss

I have mostly read about PRP as a treatment some professional athletes have used to heal joint issues such as shoulder injuries and knee problems. For reversing hair loss, I thought PRP was still considered experimental, and not a sure thing as compared to undergoing a transplant.

The most important questions are which doctors do PRP in Singapore and how does the procedure compare in costs and results vs. undergoing a transplant. I am not interested in topical solutions like Minoxidil, Propecia, and Finestaride. Better to do something that lasts permanently.

Quick pointers: no need to listen/view thruout, just pick these and go  do it :

1) comb/scrub like scrubbing dirty pots!! gdness a hair is a hair, just treat it softly

My mum is complaining to me why is she dropping hair at age after 60yo(women hardly) cos she been combing and scrubbing like tormenting her hairs!!!!!gdness me, u shd try her spa treatment on your hair

2) Laziness or love tormenting (hairblowing) : hairdryers are for styling use, never for drying (though women w long hair tend to use them for efficiency)

sbj them to harsh treatment is no gd

btw, many rush to office w hair dripping wet on their body/clothing (women of cos) - better to disgrace yourself than to sbj yourself to hairloss at later age

Mum also asked me to help blowdry the kids' hair after bathing, I said no! let them naturally dry pls

3) Fake hardworkers: many told me what s wrong w bathing twice (shampoo twice) per day? - video: don't even enc shampooing once per 2 days!
(ref to the situations when u didn't perspire much and u didn't go for exercise)

If u r any of  the above 3, share why too

and they are common sense, we men will face balding issues but we don't have to add more painful issues to them (Some are born w it so be it,  no choice, skip this vid)

Last, eat wisely/balanced diet will do

On 1/10/2018 at 12:19 AM, -Ignored- said:

Quick pointers: no need to listen/view thruout, just pick these and go  do it :

1) comb/scrub like scrubbing dirty pots!! gdness a hair is a hair, just treat it softly

My mum is complaining to me why is she dropping hair at age after 60yo(women hardly) cos she been combing and scrubbing like tormenting her hairs!!!!!gdness me, u shd try her spa treatment on your hair

2) Laziness or love tormenting (hairblowing) : hairdryers are for styling use, never for drying (though women w long hair tend to use them for efficiency)

sbj them to harsh treatment is no gd

btw, many rush to office w hair dripping wet on their body/clothing (women of cos) - better to disgrace yourself than to sbj yourself to hairloss at later age

Mum also asked me to help blowdry the kids' hair after bathing, I said no! let them naturally dry pls

3) Fake hardworkers: many told me what s wrong w bathing twice (shampoo twice) per day? - video: don't even enc shampooing once per 2 days!
(ref to the situations when u didn't perspire much and u didn't go for exercise)

If u r any of  the above 3, share why too

and they are common sense, we men will face balding issues but we don't have to add more painful issues to them (Some are born w it so be it,  no choice, skip this vid)

Last, eat wisely/balanced diet will do

In my experience, what you wrote is absolutely true.  

I am a senior and people complement me for having (still) so much hair!  I think this comes from:

- I have never used any hair products and I keep my hair short.

- I never use a hair blower to dry my hair.  Instead I dry it softly with a towel and comb it lightly with a wide teeth comb.

- For years now I wash my hair only once a week while showering at the gym, not using shampoo but the regular soap provided there.

The only action I take that could eventually harm my hair is to color it about three times a year with this 5-minute product "just-for-men".

I know... I know... it is pure pride, but since the hair is there, it better has some color :)

5 minutes ago, Steve5380 said:

In my experience, what you wrote is absolutely true.  

I am a senior and people complement me for having (still) so much hair!  I think this comes from:

- I have never used any hair products and I keep my hair short.

- I never use a hair blower to dry my hair.  Instead I dry it softly with a towel and comb it lightly with a wide teeth comb.

- For years now I wash my hair only once a week while showering at the gym, not using shampoo but the regular soap provided there.

The only action I take that could eventually harm my hair is to color it about three times a year with this 5-minute product "just-for-men".

I know... I know... it is pure pride, but since the hair is there, it better has some color :)

I envy your hair!
I m thinning terribly

but the genes play a part , I felt so sorry for my army fren who is thinning before we enter univ

cos he claimed his dad and bro are all like that

but for sure I like your honesty, cos u mentioned it is pure pride....that I can understand, many seniors do that too (3 times per year ie not too frequent)

n what I shared is from my experience as well as neighbours and frens

I have a video from a men's magazine on haircut for men facing balding, to help those

I cant be sharing my own hairstyle and me alone is not an example, I need to show  a few egs *whatever is shared is aim to help, not aim to laugh at people

if I love to jeer at others, I wldnt have felt sorry for my army frens
and 1 should  have read the comments on that video, they felt men should be honest and don't do a comb-over (many of my neighbours and men tend to do that, they comb their 1  strand of hair over their scalp)

if not, they will comb their fringe high up or blow it high up (when the middle is forested, ie mediterranean地中海 )

pls don't do that just to appear nice on the front

pls don't

I m also counting down to my thinning hairs (sometimes certain pain is not shared online , that doesn't mean I m nt facing the same worries)

saw this from askmen facebook: the comments are on the fb instead https://www.fatherly.com/love-money/haircuts-for-balding-men/?utm_medium=OrganicSocial&utm_source=askmen&utm_campaign=partner

28 minutes ago, Steve5380 said:

are you in singapore? you wash only once a week? How about the smell?

and if u colour your hair only once every 4 months. It will become very obvious that you coloured it as the new growth at the roots will be white and the strands will have 2 colours. This is common sight with women who do not dye their hair as often as they should.

9 hours ago, Guest guest said:

are you in singapore? you wash only once a week? How about the smell?

and if u colour your hair only once every 4 months. It will become very obvious that you coloured it as the new growth at the roots will be white and the strands will have 2 colours. This is common sight with women who do not dye their hair as often as they should.

The smell? It can be hot in Texas but I don't have to sweat much because of so much air conditioning.  I trust my BF who says that my hair does not smell like "old man".

You are right that new growth of white hair should look funny.  But in my case it gets increasingly grey-ish, which I don't understand unless my natural hair is not totally white yet. My BF tells me that this makes me more distinguished, but WTF!,  I DON'T want to look "distinguished"...

10 hours ago, -Ignored- said:

but for sure I like your honesty, cos u mentioned it is pure pride....that I can understand, many seniors do that too (3 times per year ie not too frequent)

Yes, 3 times a year is too little, and Guest guest said the same.  The group of people I'm around and other acquaintances must see me going from gray hair to perfect brown hair from one day to another and they surely realize that it is my pride, and they are very kind since no one has told me anything about it. But I have lived long enough to let that bother me  :)

Edited by Steve5380

Good morning!

Are there doctors that you have tried worth recommending? Been to the national skin center but the old doctor just prescribe some shampoo and lotion to apply ....wanted a 2nd opinion :)

Friends said the consumables (like any med) will have side effects ....... low sXX drive  :)

Thank you!

• 4 months later...
Guest guest

i am taking vitamin B complex but it does not help in preventing white hair. Vitamin B has other benefits though, eg. reducing fatiques. If you really want to try vitamin B, try Biotin instead and go for higher dosage. Biotin is one of the vitamin B and according to research is good for skin, hair and nail. Vitamin B complex contains Biotin too, but in lower dosage. 

• 2 months later...
Guest Clinics

For those interested in getting a hair transplant in Singapore these are the clinics I found from a quick internet search.

- Let's start with an article from Web MD on hair transplants written last December.

- Next up is a page from a review site called What Clinic that reviews 21 locations.

Below are the website listings from a number of the individual clinics that perform hair transplants around the country.

- Alaxis Medical & Aesthetic Surgery (Orchard / International Building / 6235-0880)

- Asia Health Partners (Orchard / Lucky Plaza / 6235-7888)

- Aesthetics & Hair Clinic (Orchard / Ngee Ann City / 6235-0010)

- BK Medical Group Aesthetic Clinic (Novena / Medical Centre / 6397-5550)

- Eileen Tan Skin, Laser, Hair Transplant Clinic (Mount Elizabeth / Hospital / 6733-8898) + (Novena / MENH / 6223-8898)

- Follicle Custom Blended Hair Care (Orchard / Ngee Ann City / 6235-8088)

- Hair Singapore and Hair Loss Singapore (Orchard / International Building / 6690-3254) + (Orchard / Paragon / 6690-3254)

- Hair Transplant Singapore (Orchard / Paragon / 6555-6801)

- Knightsbridge Clinic (Chinatown / Maxwell / 8742-1266)

- SkinLab Medical Spa and SL Clinic (Orchard / Wheelock Place / 6235-3246) + (Dhoby Ghaut / Plaza Singapura / 6336-1106)

That is what I found in a quick amount of time but feel free to discuss others and don't make such a decision in haste.

• 5 months later...
On 8/24/2018 at 3:55 AM, Guest Clinics said:

For those interested in getting a hair transplant in Singapore these are the clinics I found from a quick internet search.

- Let's start with an article from Web MD on hair transplants written last December.

- Next up is a page from a review site called What Clinic that reviews 21 locations.

Below are the website listings from a number of the individual clinics that perform hair transplants around the country.

- Alaxis Medical & Aesthetic Surgery (Orchard / International Building / 6235-0880)

- Asia Health Partners (Orchard / Lucky Plaza / 6235-7888)

- Aesthetics & Hair Clinic (Orchard / Ngee Ann City / 6235-0010)

- BK Medical Group Aesthetic Clinic (Novena / Medical Centre / 6397-5550)

- Eileen Tan Skin, Laser, Hair Transplant Clinic (Mount Elizabeth / Hospital / 6733-8898) + (Novena / MENH / 6223-8898)

- Follicle Custom Blended Hair Care (Orchard / Ngee Ann City / 6235-8088)

- Hair Singapore and Hair Loss Singapore (Orchard / International Building / 6690-3254) + (Orchard / Paragon / 6690-3254)

- Hair Transplant Singapore (Orchard / Paragon / 6555-6801)

- Knightsbridge Clinic (Chinatown / Maxwell / 8742-1266)

- SkinLab Medical Spa and SL Clinic (Orchard / Wheelock Place / 6235-3246) + (Dhoby Ghaut / Plaza Singapura / 6336-1106)

That is what I found in a quick amount of time but feel free to discuss others and don't make such a decision in haste.

It will be good if someone who actually went for hair transplant share his experience.

Guest Daniell
6 hours ago, tyan said:

It will be good if someone who actually went for hair transplant share his experience.

share yours first please!
Ditch the cap is the first step in facing reality

• 5 months later...
On 8/16/2019 at 9:45 AM, lonelyglobe said:

Saw it on a taiwanese variety show and they actually have hair tatto, instead of tatto on the skin, they tatto on the scalp and make it appear that u are not bald.

It is called "scalp microblading",  a smart solution to reinforce areas that have lost some hair but are not completely bald.

It has its cons, however.  It is not permanent, but lasts up to one year.  And it is not cheap.  And it cannot be colored like real hair, it is the color it is,  and the real hair must be colored to mach the tattooed one, or it looks funny.

The best solution is still the transplant,  but this requires that there is sufficient hair on the sides to be transplanted where it is missing.  Many people are too bald for transplants.

Maybe a future solution,  for people with $$$,  is to transplant scarce hair on the sides to scarcely cover the bold areas, and then fill in between the real hairs with tattooed ones.

Edited by Steve5380

Guest Guest mono

I recently bought this hair product from qoo10 to treat my sensitive scalps. It's call grafen edge finger. It's a device made from silicone where you use it to wash your hair instead of using your fingers when shampooing.

After using for a month I notice my scalps is getting better. No longer hv red bumps, no more scalps acne. I wouldn't give all the credits to this device cause at the same time I also switch shampoo to this Korean brand call kundal. It's made using high grade natural ingredients. I chance about it when I saw this YouTube channel and decided to buy to try. Director Pi YouTube channel

I started using this shampoo not long after I started using the graffen. Now about 1 month into using both my scalps really improve a lot.

So far I don't really have thinning hair issue. But I guess red inflamed scalps could contribute to future hair loss.

Personally I recommend this 2 products as they are super affordable and hv really good reviews.

Just sharing and hope it help you too:

GRAFEN Edge Finger

Kundal honey and macadamia shampoo

Guest Try and see
24 minutes ago, Guest Guest mono said:

I recently bought this hair product from qoo10 to treat my sensitive scalps. It's call grafen edge finger. It's a device made from silicone where you use it to wash your hair instead of using your fingers when shampooing.

After using for a month I notice my scalps is getting better. No longer hv red bumps, no more scalps acne. I wouldn't give all the credits to this device cause at the same time I also switch shampoo to this Korean brand call kundal. It's made using high grade natural ingredients. I chance about it when I saw this YouTube channel and decided to buy to try. Director Pi YouTube channel

I started using this shampoo not long after I started using the graffen. Now about 1 month into using both my scalps really improve a lot.

So far I don't really have thinning hair issue. But I guess red inflamed scalps could contribute to future hair loss.

Personally I recommend this 2 products as they are super affordable and hv really good reviews.

GRAFEN Edge Finger

Thanks for the recommendation!

Btw I saw this product below while looking at the Grafen brush.

It sounds good. Have you tried it before?

28dc34f6-4c2b-48c2-9c8c-2f5260aeb266.jpg

Guest Guest mono

No. I didn't try the GRAFEN roots booster shampoo. Haha cause I so wanted to try kundal after watching director Pi recommendation. Turn out kundal is really quite good

Guest Try and see
1 hour ago, Guest Guest mono said:

No. I didn't try the GRAFEN roots booster shampoo. Haha cause I so wanted to try kundal after watching director Pi recommendation. Turn out kundal is really quite good

That's great!

Thanks for the recommendation!! :D

Guest Try and see
3 hours ago, Guest Guest mono said:

GRAFEN Edge Finger

The shampoo you recommended seems to have very good reviews!

Do you know whether they have it in stores, or you can only get from qoo10?

Thanks!!

1312488888_00.g_400-w-st_g.jpg

27242ea2-f1a0-44dc-b4e6-6594a7a14c87.jpg

4f854c8b-33e2-40fe-abac-cbe431ba5676.jpg

Guest Guest mono
2 hours ago, Guest Try and see said:

The shampoo you recommended seems to have very good reviews!

Do you know whether they have it in stores, or you can only get from qoo10?

Thanks!!

1312488888_00.g_400-w-st_g.jpg

27242ea2-f1a0-44dc-b4e6-6594a7a14c87.jpg

4f854c8b-33e2-40fe-abac-cbe431ba5676.jpg

No idea whether it was available in any shop or not. Though my order from qoo10 took only a day to deliver.

I paid $8.80/bottle including the shipping fee. Was $11.80, but got $3 discount with 300 Q point,

Yes the ingredients of this shampoo is super good. Pls watch the YouTube video as the presenter explain the products n ingredient. If u hv no patient to watch the entire video can skip till the end 5 min.

The best shampoo I can recommend is the one that is used seldom.  It can even be the regular liquid soap one usually finds at shower stalls.

Don't wash the hair every day,  it is not necessary.  Maybe twice a week?

But above all,  don't use hair dryers but let it dry by itself,  and don't pull from it trying to straighten it out.  

Hairs that look less than perfect are ten times preferable to hairs that don't look because they are not there anymore.

18 minutes ago, Steve5380 said:

Don't wash the hair every day,  it is not necessary.  Maybe twice a week?

WA LAU!!! SHUDDUP LA!!!

not sure ur usa , but this here is sg, wash hair twice a week

siao ar

last time still tell ppl dun wash dishes, just rinse (no detergent)

u r literally 1 dirty old man - a dom we all dun like

1 hour ago, Guest Guest said:

WA LAU!!! SHUDDUP LA!!!

not sure ur usa , but this here is sg, wash hair twice a week

siao ar

last time still tell ppl dun wash dishes, just rinse (no detergent)

u r literally 1 dirty old man - a dom we all dun like

You don't need to blabber in Singlish... I understand you perfectly well.

It's better to have hair and skin and dishes a little less clean than to have a dirty ugly soul like you have.

I don't do all this to save money,  but because I want to protect my hair and skin,

and I am conscious about the environment.  I can easily pay for enough detergent and fancy shampoo

to make you drown in it if your soul does not get clean, you nasty troll!

Edited by Steve5380

Guest Fit Uncle
34 minutes ago, Steve5380 said:

You don't need to blabber in Singlish... I understand you perfectly well.

It's better to have hair and skin and dishes a little less clean than to have a dirty ugly soul like you have.

I don't do all this to save money,  but because I want to protect my hair and skin,

and I am conscious about the environment.  I can easily pay for enough detergent and fancy shampoo

to make you drown in it if your soul does not get clean, you nasty troll!

At first it seems to be counterintuitive, LOL. People are so paranoid about their hairs that they want the best for it. The best shampoos, the best hair care products, wash everyday, pamper with expensive styling etc.

This frequent fussing over one's hairs just stress it out. Most people don't know that the body can secrete natural oils to keep our body healthy. Otherwise, in those ancient times without all these modern hair care and other health products, we would be sick all the time?. Birds and animals would use these natural oils to prim their furs and feathers. Sea mammals like otters and sea birds would always be busy using these oils to coat their furs and feathers.

Human hairs also have these oils. Except for those who produce too much oil, the rest of us should try to retain these oils as much as possible. I wash my hair only once a week. But in the mean time, I keep it clean by brushing gently it with coconut oil everyday. When I wash my hair, I use those cheap natural soaps without any additives. 

Most of my contemporaries are already losing their hair. When they ask me how I keep my hair so shiny and lustrous, I don't bother to tell them my secrets. Why? Because they would not believe me since they also believe in using the best of everything for their hairs.

The first of those to get botak are those vain pots who saloon perm their hairs. I only go for $5 cheap haircuts. My hairs are so strong that some will stick up like when I was a kid. My cheap $5 haircut may not be fancy, but at least it's still all there.

But then there are those who are bald because of genetics. It's very obvious from young. It's better to accept that fate than trying to waste so much time and frustrations going for all those snake oil cures.

55 minutes ago, Guest Fit Uncle said:

This frequent fussing over one's hairs just stress it out. Most people don't know that the body can secrete natural oils to keep our body healthy. Otherwise, in those ancient times without all these modern hair care and other health products, we would be sick all the time?. Birds and animals would use these natural oils to prim their furs and feathers. Sea mammals like otters and sea birds would always be busy using these oils to coat their furs and feathers.

You must be a fit uncle for good reasons.  Keep it up!

Guest Try and see
18 hours ago, Guest Guest mono said:

No idea whether it was available in any shop or not. Though my order from qoo10 took only a day to deliver.

I paid $8.80/bottle including the shipping fee. Was $11.80, but got $3 discount with 300 Q point,

Yes the ingredients of this shampoo is super good. Pls watch the YouTube video as the presenter explain the products n ingredient. If u hv no patient to watch the entire video can skip till the end 5 min.

Thanks again for the info!!  

From what I checked on Google, and at Watson yesterday, I don't think Kundal can be bought from stores. Yet  :D

I might try the Kundal once my current shampoo finishes.

Guest Try and see
12 hours ago, Guest Fit Uncle said:

This frequent fussing over one's hairs just stress it out. Most people don't know that the body can secrete natural oils to keep our body healthy. Otherwise, in those ancient times without all these modern hair care and other health products, we would be sick all the time?

That's where you're wrong, my friend.

Since ancient times, people in various cultures have been taking health tonics and using other products of nature in order to preserve their strength and beauty. The Chinese would use ginseng and other herbs, for example.

For their hair, depending on their culture, they would use aloe vera, argan oil, rice water, almond oil, rose water, castor oil, etc.

The ancient folk knew that the human body often did not produce all the necessary chemicals needed to sustain its strength, health & beauty, and that nature could supplement that.

It's definitely not a 21st century fad for people to want to find ways to preserve their hair and look young.

Guest Fit Uncle
2 hours ago, Guest Try and see said:

That's where you're wrong, my friend.

Since ancient times, people in various cultures have been taking health tonics and using other products of nature in order to preserve their strength and beauty. The Chinese would use ginseng and other herbs, for example.

For their hair, depending on their culture, they would use aloe vera, argan oil, rice water, almond oil, rose water, castor oil, etc.

The ancient folk knew that the human body often did not produce all the necessary chemicals needed to sustain its strength, health & beauty, and that nature could supplement that.

It's definitely not a 21st century fad for people to want to find ways to preserve their hair and look young.

Wosh, what I said completely went over your head and I can understand why.

It's gonna take a lot of courage and confidence in yourself and good health when faced with 21st century advertisements of "this is good for you, experts say so, testimonials say so..." These commercials keep bombarding you till they make you into a believer. Same tactics that religions use.

What I'm saying is that you don't need all these fancy stuff to preserve your hair and look young. Cheap coconut oil, cheap proteins, cheap soap are good because they don't need expensive processing and fancy additives. Even this simple philosophy became a new fad of organic diet.

"aloe vera, argan oil, rice water, almond oil, rose water, castor oil, etc." Yes these are good for your hair too, but did you use them gently on your hair ? Or you just pick them from Google search?

Yes ginseng, birdnest are good for you, but by how much? Exercising is good for you too, also by how much?

There are those who believe it so much that they take so much supplements and such tonics that they don't bother to exercise. Don't get me wrong, these people have good complexion too from regular visits to the health spas and getting beauty treatments. But when they walk, they totter like old men. They take tons of medications(we jokingly say they're having medications for lunch). They always complain about pains and aches.

The worst part of all, they're already preparing for "going to heaven". One of them turned religious. Instead of enjoying what's left of his life, he's using all his time to preach and preach. He's still bitter about his last operation that left him looking terribly sick. 

• G_M changed the title to Hair Thinning / Hair Loss Problems / Hair Treatment & Hair Products Discussion (Compiled)
  • G_M unlocked this topic
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.