Male HQ

Pink Dot Event Discussion (2007 to Present Day) (compiled)

reflection

When it was at hong lim, many gay men would book rooms at parkroyal and held parties after the event. And the gay pubs and clubs (like Taboo & Play) would be so congested with everyone wearing pink. But now both clubs are already gone. And not sure when we will resume events where everyone literally rub shoulder side by side. 

The live streaming concert turned out to be very touching and marvellous. Not a bad idea to have the virtual light up islandwide in the midst of Phase 2 HA when no physical gathering is allowed. Hope Pinkdot to continue years after years and can unit more LGBTQ and allies to fight for our basic human rights together.

Guest Production VALUES
16 hours ago, will7z said:

The live streaming concert turned out to be very touching and marvellous. Not a bad idea to have the virtual light up islandwide in the midst of Phase 2 HA when no physical gathering is allowed. Hope Pinkdot to continue years after years and can unit more LGBTQ and allies to fight for our basic human rights together.

The entire production was really 👌👌👌👌👌👌👍👍👍👍👍👍

The speeches and sit down comedy by Preetipls were super funny, extremely relevant and satisfyingly on point! Performance by Joshua was cute, sexy and entertaining as hell. Songs done in this setting by others were very meaningful and moving, renditions were so heartfelt and beautiful! I was moved to tears by one or two of them! 😭 Hosts and guests were also sincere, relevant and funny in their conversations. 

Not a single second was wasteful or boring. Really worth the time to watch!!! ❤️

• 11 months later...
  • G_M changed the title to PinkDot (2022)
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest guest
On 6/17/2022 at 6:33 PM, Why? said:

Pinkdot isn't doing any advertisement this year?  Like, very quiet. 

Who is Pinkdot ambassador for this year?

Guest guest
On 6/17/2022 at 8:24 PM, Spugnatura said:

No need to advertise, pretty sure with the 2 year hiatus, tomorrow will be even more crowded than past years.

High chance might not able to get in if you go there late. Esp now they barricaded the area and need to queue and check IC before can go in.

• G_M changed the title to Pink Dot Event Discussion (2007 to Present Day) (compiled)
On 6/18/2022 at 2:00 AM, steelwings said:

💗 Love wins

And haters gonna be haters till the day they die, when perpetually new haters will come out to replace them, exactly how terrorism works.

I hope tomorrow Muslim and Christian "terrorists" won't turn up to picket, while real terrorists be kept out of Singapore. 

Touch wood!!!

Edited by Spugnatura

Guest Guess
On 6/17/2022 at 6:33 PM, Why? said:

Pinkdot isn't doing any advertisement this year?  Like, very quiet. 

On 6/17/2022 at 7:01 PM, mate69 said:

Seems to be quieter and quieter?

Hmmm

Im guessing they choose to be more low profile this year as it's the first outdoor pinkdot after measures are relaxed, cannot afford to be too crowded.

On 6/18/2022 at 12:40 PM, StockBottom said:

Happy Pink Dot 2022! See you guys there!

Bonus Pic:

bd6nuuotf0691.jpg?width=960&crop=smart&a

for 1 second, i thought it's a real gay couple.

Guest Guest

I didn't know it was today. And of course, the government doesn't allow any publicity about the event, except for private social media accounts. So I was completely out of the loop.

Guest Guest
On 6/18/2022 at 10:44 PM, Guest Try and see said:

Very likely during the next GE, he will not be allowed to contest anymore.

you really think he went on his own accord?

of cos got 'approval' already.

Guest No way.
On 6/18/2022 at 11:22 PM, Guest Guest said:

you really think he went on his own accord?

of cos got 'approval' already.

Not just approval but was probably ask to go, against his will to fake support and hopefully we can all forget about repealing S377A.

On 6/19/2022 at 3:46 AM, Guest No way. said:

Not just approval but was probably ask to go, against his will to fake support and hopefully we can all forget about repealing S377A.

“Do what you feel in your heart to be right, for you’ll be criticized anyway. You’ll be damned if you do and damned if you don’t.” – Eleanor Roosevelt

Guest Guest
On 6/19/2022 at 9:34 AM, Guest Qyf said:

Who is the campy sister on the left? 

Is Henry also PLU? No news of his personal life on Wikipedia.

I thought Henry @ 46yo is married (and straight) .... 🤔 ... like Jamus.

His pink polo tee is rather "thin" .... for those who want to see more pictures of him ... can go to his IG. 

Guest Guest

The crowd who attended (besides being qualified voters for the next GE 😱) ... are they:

- PLUs?

- If straight, are they supporters of LGBTQ+ community? Or they are there just to join in the fun with their friends (some may be complete homophobes? 😱)?

I see a lot of young people in the crowd (pictures). Not sure if some couples (Gs or Ls) jin daring and really kissed in front of everyone .... during the event.

Pink Dot is like Pride Day (in other countries)? 

Guest Guest
On 6/19/2022 at 10:25 AM, Guest guest said:

What is the purpose of MPs attending Pinkdot? Wonder what they want to prove?

I also wonder. If he is the MP for e.g. Kreta Ayer/Chin Swee constituency, then understandable to support support ... but he is MP for Kebun Baru (AMK/Nee Soon South) leh ...

难道 。。。

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.