Male HQ

Pink Dot Event Discussion (2007 to Present Day) (compiled)

reflection

Guest Try and see
On 6/18/2022 at 11:36 PM, Guest guest said:

TV news got report about Pinkdot, so many people attended. Wonder it is really have so many people in sg support Pinkdot? 

No, they go there for shopping.

On 6/18/2022 at 9:41 PM, Guest Guest said:

PAP's Henry Kwek attends Pink Dot 2022, first ever MP to do so

https://mothership.sg/2022/06/henry-kwek-pink-dot-2022/

spacer.png

Why is he admiring and pointing at his bulge SO openly in public??? 色眯眯的 。Very disturbing... the MP looks traumatised!

Edited by Spugnatura

On 6/19/2022 at 10:25 AM, Guest guest said:

What is the purpose of MPs attending Pinkdot? Wonder what they want to prove?

Their presence in Pinkdot doesn't mean they will agree with us.  Only if LHLor Shamugam attends, otherwise further discussion of us in the legislature will not make any progress in resolving the LGBT discrimination issue.

Guest Guest
On 6/19/2022 at 10:32 AM, Guest Guest said:

I also wonder. If he is the MP for e.g. Kreta Ayer/Chin Swee constituency, then understandable to support support ... but he is MP for Kebun Baru (AMK/Nee Soon South) leh ...

难道 。。。

I think henry kwek is married.

Guest guest
On 6/19/2022 at 12:49 PM, mate69 said:

I would have liked PM-in-waiting LW to attend

or maybe DPM HSK

or Speaker TCJ

Even they attend also doesn't mean anything.

On 6/19/2022 at 12:56 PM, Guest Nice said:

Apparently the singapore sports hub national stadium roof was lighted up in rainbow colour yesterday, nice!

Coincidence! They accidentally formed the rainbow colors. Beautiful mistake.

Edited by Spugnatura

Guest Guest
On 6/19/2022 at 12:55 PM, mate69 said:

True but at least they are willing to show themselves, if that is any "start"

Exactly! Some people can be so cynical about everything but I think it's a good start nonetheless, even if it's a babystep.

On 6/19/2022 at 12:56 PM, Guest Nice said:

Apparently the singapore sports hub national stadium roof was lighted up in rainbow colour yesterday, nice!

Almost every pinkdot event saw a chopper carrying Singapore flag fly by.  It's not a coincidence. I'm sure that was done on purpose as a form of acknowledgement, but I was expecting for something more, a full-fledged acknowledgement that would put an end to discrimination.

On 6/19/2022 at 1:14 PM, Why? said:

Almost every pinkdot event saw a chopper carrying Singapore flag fly by.  It's not a coincidence. I'm sure that was done on purpose as a form of acknowledgement, but I was expecting for something more, a full-fledged acknowledgement that would put an end to discrimination.

Yah. Annually the choppers fly by dragging the flag is done on purpose to commemorate Pinkdot at Hong Lim Park.

The fireworks set off at sports hub in the distance was also done to celebrate Pinkdot.

LHL will also take leave for Pinkdot...... to leave the country for that day!

Edited by Spugnatura

Guest GUEST
On 6/19/2022 at 1:14 PM, Why? said:

NDP rehearsal lah

On 6/19/2022 at 1:23 PM, Why? said:

I applaud a leader that is willing to face the Pinkdot event head on, rather than pretending to flee.

Yes, not only helicopter, the private jet you see flying annually out of Singapore from the CBD is LHL fleeing the country FOR PINKDOT!

So proud of Pinkdot's achievements!

Edited by Spugnatura

On 6/19/2022 at 10:12 AM, Guest Guest said:

The crowd who attended (besides being qualified voters for the next GE 😱) ... are they:

- PLUs?

- If straight, are they supporters of LGBTQ+ community? Or they are there just to join in the fun with their friends (some may be complete homophobes? 😱)?

I see a lot of young people in the crowd (pictures). Not sure if some couples (Gs or Ls) jin daring and really kissed in front of everyone .... during the event.

Pink Dot is like Pride Day (in other countries)? 

My observations while I was there

Many many more girls than boys

Most of the girls look like straight girls

I really don't know how many are there simply for a good time/party, vs how many are truly supportive of LGBTI rights

As for the gay contingent, it definitely wasn't inclusive. Mainly young twinks, with a tiny splattering of drag queens, muscle hunks, bears.

On 6/19/2022 at 1:37 PM, And then said:

I really don't know how many are there simply for a good time/party, vs how many are truly supportive of LGBTI rights

As for the gay contingent, it definitely wasn't inclusive. Mainly young twinks, with a tiny splattering of drag queens, muscle hunks, bears.

What? No otter representatives???

On 6/19/2022 at 1:37 PM, And then said:

That observation is really spot-on

Something to ponder over

On 6/19/2022 at 1:58 PM, Guest Guest said:

Yeah, could be that some girls attend to see if they can spot any male colleagues, male friends or relatives there!

No wonder the hot gays attending getting lesser and lesser. 

Some girls can be very kaypo and irritating.

On 6/19/2022 at 3:10 PM, Since u r here said:

but no drama or  BL performance to be put up at such events

nevertheless a gd consideration for organisers to line up what kind of agenda for next yr?

Put up BL performances to attract all the straight 腐女,turn more straight girls into BL fans so that they support LGBT and oppose 377A?

I don't get why a lot of attendees refused to wear pink to a Pink Dot event. 

If you want to add rainbow accents, that's fine. But the top should be pink, even if the bottom is another colour.

Then you see a sea of pink. 

Go watch the videos. Black, white, grey.

Face palm.

Just wear pink lah.

Then it would look cohesive mah. 

On 6/21/2022 at 11:05 AM, superflawless said:

I don't get why a lot of attendees refused to wear pink to a Pink Dot event. 

If you want to add rainbow accents, that's fine. But the top should be pink, even if the bottom is another colour.

Then you see a sea of pink. 

Go watch the videos. Black, white, grey.

Face palm.

Just wear pink lah.

Better than those who didn't attend.  I am referring to you. 

Guest Roy Tan

https://the-singapore-lgbt-encyclopaedia.fandom.com/wiki/Henry_Kwek's_views_on_LGBT_rights

(click on the above link to see all the photos of Henry Kwek at Pink Dot 2022)

Henry Kwek Hian Chuan (郭献川, Guō Xiànchuān; born 1976) is a Singaporean politician and businessman. A member of the governing People's Action Party (PAP), he has been the Member of Parliament (MP) representing Kebun Baru SMC since 2020.

First PAP MP to attend Pink Dot

Pink Dot 2022 (officially called Pink Dot 14) marked the first time that a politician from the ruling People's Action Party attended the annual LGBT-supportive rally at Speakers' Corner, Hong Lim Park since its inception in 2009.[1],[2],[3],[4],[5].

Henry Kwek, who arrived at around 3:20pm wearing a light pink polo shirt with white trousers, was seen walking among the crowd, shaking hands with and posing for wefies with some fellow attendees. Before leaving just after 4pm, he visited the group stalls at the community tent, including Oogachaga, Quasa, TransBefrienders and The Greenhouse, and chatted with the people manning them. Speaking to Oogachaga executive director Leow Yangfa, he was particularly interested in the counselling agency's work supporting the LGBT community, asking questions about how it had been reaching out to people especially during the Covid-19 pandemic. He even graciously accepted a "Love & Acceptance" rainbow tissue pack to take with him[6]. However, Lim declined to comment on his reasons for being at the event when approached by the media, replying instead that the emphasis should be on the participants. He also posed for a photo beside a row of "letterboxes" with the names of 31 constituencies in Singapore, a new feature at Pink Dot that year. Attendees could write a message on a placard, hold it up for a photograph, print the photos out and write a message on their backs before placing the cards into the respective mailboxes for each electoral constituency. Pink Dot would then send the photos to the relevant MPs of the attendees along with an enclosed message if the attendee wanted to include one.

See also

• 11 months later...
1 hour ago, Guest Explanation needed said:

This year no sight no sound on pink dot?  After S377A repealed, pink dot became a non event?

Eh you got no social media? They have been promoting since last month.

Guest Guest
22 hours ago, Guest Explanation needed said:

This year no sight no sound on pink dot?  After S377A repealed, pink dot became a non event?

Pink Dot is on 24 Jun.

• 4 weeks later...

https://pinkdot.sg/community-groups
QUESTION: HOW MANY COMMUNITY GROUPS are there presently? 
ANSWER:    5 groups are listed on the official website, I HAVE copied it to here>

(1)

Oogachaga is hosting My Family Matters: An Afternoon with Parents & Loved Ones of LGBTQ+ family members, co-hosted by SAFE Singapore, Inter-University LGBTQ Network, Free Community Church and Pink Dot. This event is for family members – parent, sibling, grandparent, aunt, uncle, or loved one of a family member who is lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer or nonbinary (LGBTQ+).

The family tea will be held on 2nd July 2023, Sunday, 3-5pm. Venue will be disclosed only to confirmed participants.
//

(2)

Prout is currently in the process of creating our web-app that consists of LGBTQ-affirming service providers to help meet critical needs of the LGBTQ community in the following areas: Legal, Healthcare, Jobs and Housing. The app is free for service providers to list their services and for community use. The app will be launched around June 2023.

If you are a service provider keen to create a listing in one of the following areas, please use the links below, we will reach out to the service providers on our end to verify the listings:
//

(3)

ProudParents SG is founded and run by a group of queer parents. It aims to be an inclusive online resource that celebrates all families, while increasing the visibility of all family types and fostering acceptance of all routes to parenthood in Singapore.

We hope to create a kinder society where our children can feel safe, secure and accepted. We aim to create visibility and awareness that LGBTQ+ families do exist in Singapore, provide information resource for individuals or couples who intend to start their own family, form a support network for new & existing queer families through community groups, events & outreach programs, and to bring attention to issues that hinder our ability to raise our children in Singapore such as laws affecting adoption & citizenship, educational & housing policies, dealing with social stigmas & harassment, access to relevant information.

Follow and contact us at @proudparents.sg on instagram if you would like to find out more!
//

(4) 

Besides running our usual befriending services, we have initiated a group sharing session called TransNB Friends where more trans and non-binary youths can get together and share anything from their transitioning journey to their favorite foods.

In collaboration with TransgenderSG, we will conduct the largest survey on the local transgender community to identify hurdles faced in healthcare, education, and employment.

Follow us on @transbefrienders on instagram to find out more!
//

and (5)

Same But Different maintains a website that explains how the law affects LGBTQ people living in Singapore, organises talks for the LGBTQ community, does DEI outreach to companies and maintains a directory of LGBTQ-inclusive lawyers.

Same But Different will be doing 2 talks this Pride season. The first is a talk organised in collaboration with Prout, which will be held on 28 June 2023 at 8pm, and the second is a legal stand up comedy event held on 2 July 2023. We are also in the midst of revamping the www.singaporelgbtlaw.com website.
//

QUESTION: WHAT TIME DOES THE EVENT START?
ANSWER   👨‍👦‍👦
below is from the official website>

1. doors open at 4pm

2. concert starts at 7pm
    Performers for concert is> Singapura Queens/DRAG QUEENS &
    the Sing! Men’s Chorus

3. speeches made at 8pm
    People involved:

In no particular order:

Robin & Linda

Foster Parents & Grandparents

Azfar Anwar

Co-Founder, Quasa

Cally

Director, Prout

Medli Dorothea Loo

Actor & Theatre-maker

Siew Kum Hong

Angel Investor & Ex-NMP

4. & Lastly, the FORMATION OF THE PINK-DOT, done by 100people, starts after the SPEECHES.
    //                        

my Last post for today, QUESTION: any post-P/Dot events organized, when the event ends at 8pm?

Answer>  PLENTY! all events listed below happen on 24-6-23:

1. 9pm
    DOROTHY's BAR

2. 1pm
    OUT IN SG) Lunch

3. 4pm
    OUT IN SG) Picnic

4. $45
    6pm
    ZODIAC BAR
    50 Prinsep Street, #02-01, Singapore, Singapore 

5. $118
    10pm till 4am
    https://hyper.yapsody.com/event/index/770109/beachball-pink-waterpark
    //

Guest guest
On 6/22/2023 at 9:35 PM, 30yochinese said:

QUESTION: WHAT TIME DOES THE EVENT START?
ANSWER   👨‍👦‍👦
below is from the official website>

1. doors open at 4pm

2. concert starts at 7pm
    Performers for concert is> Singapura Queens/DRAG QUEENS &
    the Sing! Men’s Chorus

3. speeches made at 8pm
    People involved:

In no particular order:

Robin & Linda

Foster Parents & Grandparents

Azfar Anwar

Co-Founder, Quasa

Cally

Director, Prout

Medli Dorothea Loo

Actor & Theatre-maker

Siew Kum Hong

Angel Investor & Ex-NMP

4. & Lastly, the FORMATION OF THE PINK-DOT, done by 100people, starts after the SPEECHES.
    //                        

So many speeches? :doh: 😴

Anyway, eversince they have barricaded the area and need to check IC to gain entry into the area, and only limited people are allowed inside, i have stop going to PinkDot. 

Guest What’s your point
8 hours ago, Guest guest said:

So many speeches? :doh: 😴

Anyway, eversince they have barricaded the area and need to check IC to gain entry into the area, and only limited people are allowed inside, i have stop going to PinkDot. 

why? 

Guest Check-In
On 6/24/2023 at 9:54 AM, Guest Kian Ann said:

Is it possible to hook out men in pinkdot for some activities after the event?

You can try the saunas after the event and let us know any spike in customers. 

Guest hmmm....
On 6/23/2023 at 11:09 PM, Guest guest said:

, and only limited people are allowed inside, i have stop going to PinkDot. 

God limit meh?  I thought pandemic over already.  Besides, got Ang Mo, which means foreigners can enter or are they PR?   I didn't notice any PAPPY representative attenting, only WP members which is good sign to earn my votes. 

Guest Guest
1 hour ago, Guest Guest said:

I wonder those organisers of this event (there is one photo taken of them) - are they LGBT themselves?

of course

Guest Guest
34 minutes ago, Guest hmmm.... said:

God limit meh?  I thought pandemic over already.  Besides, got Ang Mo, which means foreigners can enter or are they PR?   I didn't notice any PAPPY representative attenting, only WP members which is good sign to earn my votes. 

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.