Male HQ

I Had Sex Recently - I Am Worried About Catching Stds / Hiv / Infection (Compiled)

Guest Troubled

37 minutes ago, Guest Stressed said:

I don't come from a well off family. I don't have 1000 to spare 

Talk to them.

They may allow u installments.

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

never argue with the guests. let them bark all they want.

结缘不结

不解缘

After I have said what I wanna say, I don't care what you say.

看穿不说穿

50 minutes ago, Guest Stressed said:

I don't come from a well off family. I don't have 1000 to spare 

Its this or a lifetime of meds. Its a much better option u still hv the choice to make. Call the helplines first? If not, talk to your family/your closest relatives/friends for the financial help. Any potential downsides to these are outweighed by a life with HIV.

Trust me, your fmly probably should be the last person u want to tell bout ur hiv thingy lol... Wht are u going to say? "Ma,pa..can i ask money for hiv test?" Ugh..bad idea le.. Lend money frm ur closest fren is the best option..i mean REALLY close to u.. :x

I dug up the mobile number of a kind lady at AFA and texted her.

"Go and get himself tested at dsc and then tell them that he wishes to get pep from afa. He needs to get an official prescription. If he is below 25 its 90 but if he is over 25 its 180. Alternatively he can go to ttsh a&e to get the emergency pill for 1 day and then go to dsc when it reopens. Tell him not to panic. Let me know if he needs further assistance"

I cant pm cos its a guest account u are using. DSC is closed on PH it seems. So just head on down to TTSH now?

https://www.dsc-clinic.sg/Patient-Care/DSC Services/Clinic/Pages/Public-Clinic.aspx

16 hours ago, Guest Stressed said:

Hey. Can anyone help me. I had sex today. And unfortunately it was unprotected. But the guy told me he had hiv but was undetectable. What should I do now? I'm going crazy 

Yes, you're feeling stressed & panicking.

Yes, there's a lot of confusing advice here.

Yes, we'll try to guide you through this:

1) When was the unprotected sex? Start counting 72 hours.

2) Within the 72 hours, you should go & get PEP - which is POST-exposure prophylaxis, for AFTER you had unprotected sex with someone who may have infected you with HIV.

3a) If you decide to go get it now (Tuesday evening) or tomorrow (Wednesday - public holiday) then you should go to a hospital A & E &  say "I had unprotected sex with someone who has HIV, I need PEP, please". You will probably feel embarrassed, but just explain yourself clearly & calmly what happened. It's up to you to change the gender of your sex partner if you are not ready to come out to the doctor, but please try to be as factual & truthful as possible.  You will have to pay of course, but you don't have to wait until the next option:

3b) If you prefer to wait till the next working day (Thursday) when AFA & DSC are open, then make sure it is still within the 72 hour- period after your exposure.  You should call them first thing on Thursday morning & say the same thing: "I had unprotected sex with someone who is HIV+, I need to get PEP, please."  It will be cheaper than going to the hospital on Wednesday, but you will have to wait till Thursday. Both AFA office & DSC Clinic are opposite each other in Kelantan Lane, off Jalan Besar.

AFA: http://afa.org.sg/knowmore/pepsos/

DSC Clinic: https://www.dsc-clinic.sg/

Remember, don't WAIT to take an HIV test. Go & get PEP within 72 hours.

Take care,

Oogachaga

Edited by Oogachagacare
underlining

OogachagaCARE is an online counselling service by Oogachaga for the lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer & questioning (LGBTQ+) community. You can also reach us at:

However, if you need to talk to someone urgently because you're in emotional crisis, feeling suicidal or affected by suicide, please consider:

Samaritans of Singapore (SOS) 24hr suicide prevention hotline: 1-767 (1-SOS)

Oogachaga is a community-based, non-profit professional organization working with lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer & questioning (LGBTQ+) individuals, couples and families in Singapore since 1999. Visit us on www.oogachaga.LGBT / www.congregaytion.com

Yes dude. PEP treatment within 72 hours of exposure is the best course of action.

My friend went to the A&E at TTSH and told the doctor that he was potentially exposed to HIV. Doc gave him 3 days' worth of the PEP meds and told him to visit the CDC after that. The doc at CDC then topped up the dosage to 1 month's worth. The doc also did a hiv blood test 3 weeks into the treatment. Thankfully, my friend was clear. 

Do note that the PEP doesn't prevent HIV per se. It significantly lowers the chances of the HIV "entering" your system. 

If cost is an issue, talk to the people at CDC. They'll help. And more importantly, remember that this PEP is worth paying for. Because it's either the PEP treatment for 1 month or a lifetime of HIV drugs. 

All the best, buddy. 

Guest Guest
8 hours ago, KENZ said:

maybe only the immediate medical team or hospital treating the patient will know the details, but other government boards / sectors will not know unless you inform them personally should the need arise. ( e.g. Mindef, Hdb, CPF etc) 

just to add on, base on what i observe from my other friends, if you are of legal age, should you be hospitalized due to hiv complications, the doctors also cannot inform your family of your hiv status, due to the confidentiality clause. 

If you are holding Work Permit, they will inform MOM and very likely you will be deported. Never think of coming back again. 

If you are PR or local, they will referred you to CDC in TTSH for treatment. Your treatment will keep confidential. 

18 hours ago, Guest Stressed said:

Hey. Can anyone help me. I had sex today. And unfortunately it was unprotected. But the guy told me he had hiv but was undetectable. What should I do now? I'm going crazy 

bro you still got time FAST GO AND see doctor for help. 

see Action for AIDS website for appove clince still got hope . jiayou ! dont give up yet

Guest Stressed
2 hours ago, Oogachagacare said:

Yes, you're feeling stressed & panicking.

Yes, there's a lot of confusing advice here.

Yes, we'll try to guide you through this:

1) When was the unprotected sex? Start counting 72 hours.

2) Within the 72 hours, you should go & get PEP - which is POST-exposure prophylaxis, for AFTER you had unprotected sex with someone who may have infected you with HIV.

3a) If you decide to go get it now (Tuesday evening) or tomorrow (Wednesday - public holiday) then you should go to a hospital A & E &  say "I had unprotected sex with someone who has HIV, I need PEP, please". You will probably feel embarrassed, but just explain yourself clearly & calmly what happened. It's up to you to change the gender of your sex partner if you are not ready to come out to the doctor, but please try to be as factual & truthful as possible.  You will have to pay of course, but you don't have to wait until the next option:

3b) If you prefer to wait till the next working day (Thursday) when AFA & DSC are open, then make sure it is still within the 72 hour- period after your exposure.  You should call them first thing on Thursday morning & say the same thing: "I had unprotected sex with someone who is HIV+, I need to get PEP, please."  It will be cheaper than going to the hospital on Wednesday, but you will have to wait till Thursday. Both AFA office & DSC Clinic are opposite each other in Kelantan Lane, off Jalan Besar.

AFA: http://afa.org.sg/knowmore/pepsos/

DSC Clinic: https://www.dsc-clinic.sg/

Remember, don't WAIT to take an HIV test. Go & get PEP within 72 hours.

Take care,

Oogachaga

It was Monday. Around 6pm so I guess it's ok to wait till Thursday? :(

Guest Stressed?
6 hours ago, Cube3 said:

If confidentiality is an issue, try contacting BW member below who started one of the Prep/Pep threads. This way, can avoid having your name go into system. The generics provided should not cost more than hundred plus per month and have proven highly efficacious and effective for treatment. No need to panic...or get overly stressed.

Is this reliable? Anyone can vouch for it? I really need help

Guest Stressed
2 minutes ago, inexperience said:

Hmm. Why are u waiting till Thursday? Just go to the TTSH A&E first thing tmrw. Or go now if possible. 

THIS IS DEFINITELY AN EMERGENCY. 

Because it's expensive :( I really can't afford it

44 minutes ago, Guest Stressed? said:

One's name will be in the system if he gets treated for HIV locally.

41 minutes ago, Guest Stressed said:

Because it's expensive :( I really can't afford it

I was under the impression hospitals are the one place where you can have them bill you the charges post treatment/consultation. (tho it might be sent to your family address). Anyway, its prob best u start asap and not wait. 

http://www.catie.ca/en/pif/fall-2010/can-we-prevent-infection-hiv-after-exposure-world-post-exposure-prophylaxis-pep

Edited by PositivelyYours

Guest stressed,

it is recommended to seek for medical help immediately. There will be no U turn if u keep waiting and asking help here. Never trust the guy who told you his hiv load is undetectable. Are u 100% sure that his viral load is undetectable? What if it is not undetectable at that point of time. 

19 hours ago, Guest Stressed said:

don be too concern about the cost. CDC and DSC dont cost so much

Im not sure about DSC but at CDC there are medical social worker to help you as well as you can use up to $550 from medisave per mth to pay off your medication

I understand that you may not have enough money now so the best thing to do is to go to the TTSH A&E and get a few dose of the medication first. 1 day dose is about $30 odd dollars

you have to start PEP now and not wait although the chance of infection is low

1 hour ago, Guest Stressed said:

It was Monday. Around 6pm so I guess it's ok to wait till Thursday? :(

the faster u take action, the more effective. you wait till the 72h mark, the doc also may be reluctant to prescribe you

i agree and i have been to TTSH A&E for all sorts of nonsense for many times within the year and its all post billing unlike KTPH where you got to pay first then the A&E will attend to you

Edited by wintersnow

Don't you guys see that this post seeking for attention more than one really needs a help. I mean, google is there, and he was not sincere enough to register an email and log in as a member. Are you guys for sure he's from Singapore but not Malaysia?

Even he described how he exposed to unprotected sex in very carelessly. Though people are trying to advise him for immediate action and gave many information regarding his case, but all his responds are driven away from his main issue he is dealing with. The one serious about it, will take action by seek for nearest health care centre rather getting depressed over the issue and spend hours with the keyboards. I LOL more than I care 

Guest Guest87

Go ttsh's a&e for immediate medication within the golden hours.

i dont think they will cost a few hundred just for 1/2days PEP before refer u to DSC.

Never ever believe ur that partner.

My fb told me he was neg when we bb. After few sessions, he was uncontactable and missing till now, 1.5yrs passed he still missing.

2 months ago, i got a cut and it not healing so i got hospitalised and recovered with antibiotic. And during that time i was asked to do voluntery hiv test. 

Fyi, i dont have any hiv symptoms. Only a small cut infection due to my hygience negligence.

and my result came Positive. 

I didnt engaged any sex or minor hanky panky with other people beside him.

my cd4 is high as 740. But i choose to start medicine immediately and worst thing came of that.

after 2 weeks of medication,

my 1st and 2nd liver blood test was horrible, some of the reading are 6-7times ( the rest are 300, my gamma is 700) compare to a healty liver reading. And i am not an alcoholic. Always eat clean and exercise. My doctor advised me to change medicine that cost me $300 for 1 month supply. And come back again in 2 weeks time to do another liver test.

all of these because i trust a fb.

i alr spent almost 2k on those blood test and medicines.

Also mentally exhausted for these 2 months due to side effect of my medicine and I stop seeing all my friends. To me myself i still think i am a "disease" person. I now spend all my times alone... 

Pls dont regret like me.

10 minutes ago, Guest Guest87 said:

i dont think they will cost a few hundred just for 1/2days PEP before refer u to DSC.

My fb told me he was neg when we bb. After few sessions, he was uncontactable and missing till now, 1.5yrs passed he still missing.

2 months ago, i got a cut and it not healing so i got hospitalised and recovered with antibiotic. And during that time i was asked to do voluntery hiv test. 

Fyi, i dont have any hiv symptoms. Only a small cut infection due to my hygience negligence.

my cd4 is high as 740. But i choose to start medicine immediately and worst thing came of that.

my 1st and 2nd liver blood test was horrible, some of the reading are 6-7times ( the rest are 300, my gamma is 700) compare to a healty liver reading. And i am not an alcoholic. Always eat clean and exercise. My doctor advised me to change medicine that cost me $300 for 1 month supply. And come back again in 2 weeks time to do another liver test.

Also mentally exhausted for these 2 months due to side effect of my medicine and I stop seeing all my friends. To me myself i still think i am a "disease" person. I now spend all my times alone... 

Pls dont regret like me.

Talk to anyone. Dont deal with this alone. U need all the support u can get. This may not sound possible now but in time, u will feel better. Talking to people in the meantime helps. Take care.

1 hour ago, Guest Stressed? said:

Reliable...he gives talks at UN conferences. Give him a call or msge on his number; mentioning you need help via BW. He'd be able to advise or address any queries accordingly.

Guest What

I don't mean to scold you, but WHY are you delaying treatment?

If it's 2k to prevent the spread of this disease(high chance cure able within 72hours of exposure) then go for it. Or would you rather spend 800$(est. online research) a month for the rest of your life on pills to prolong your survival as a hiv positive? 

If you don't have 2k, then borrow from family and friends. Otherwise talk to the nurses there to check if you are able to pay with medisave or can the payment be made by installment.

I once went to poly clinic without my wallet and they allow me to pay on my next visit.

please seek treatment immediately 

Guest cumhole
23 hours ago, Guest Stressed said:

Did you cum a lot or very little into the bottom's hole?

4 minutes ago, Guest cumhole said:

Did you cum a lot or very little into the bottom's hole?

As long as you enter the boundaries of unprotected anal sex, one is prone to infection regardless if they cum or not. 

Thats the basic. 

Guest Stressed

Thank you all for the concern and advise. I'm still a student. And my family is barely making ends meet. I am not seeking attention. I'm just trying to find out my options. If I really had money. I would have went to seek treatment straight away instead of coming here. I've got no medi save. No nothing. The guy offered to pay for the hiv test. I hope he will be here after a month to pay for it. 

1 hour ago, Guest Stressed said:

Thank you all for the concern and advise. I'm still a student. And my family is barely making ends meet. I am not seeking attention. I'm just trying to find out my options. If I really had money. I would have went to seek treatment straight away instead of coming here. I've got no medi save. No nothing. The guy offered to pay for the hiv test. I hope he will be here after a month to pay for it. 

Guest stressed, we are trying to help you. Is there anyway you are contactable as this is a public forum and you are under guest mode so we are unable to pm you. At the very least try to log in as a member first. It is not convenient for us to divulge our personal contact over public forum. If you are scared or having constraints, don't worry, later today I can accompany you to seek help but you must be contactable. @hotspunk is trustworthy, he is my friend. You want me to contact him on your behalf?

Guest Guest
7 hours ago, Lee Dong Ho said:

Don't you guys see that this post seeking for attention more than one really needs a help. I mean, google is there, and he was not sincere enough to register an email and log in as a member. Are you guys for sure he's from Singapore but not Malaysia?

Even he described how he exposed to unprotected sex in very carelessly. Though people are trying to advise him for immediate action and gave many information regarding his case, but all his responds are driven away from his main issue he is dealing with. The one serious about it, will take action by seek for nearest health care centre rather getting depressed over the issue and spend hours with the keyboards. I LOL more than I care 

So, just because the Guest didn't google, and didn't register an email and log in as a member, that means that he is here to seek attention? You think every readers here on this forum has the money to go for treatments even though it may be a few hundred dollars only or a couple of thousands? To think a money boy like you can make such comments like "you LOL more than you care". Let's hope you suffer the consequences yourself, and have your applications to NTU/NUS or Monash and whatever universities knocked out because of your diseased face which you have exhibited to everyone by logging in. And during that time, let's hope people tell you that they LOL more than you care.

9 hours ago, Guest Guest87 said:

Pls dont regret like me.

Hugs. Sorry to hard about what happened to u. I have friends who are pos too. And they're leading normal loves just by taking the meds!:) Stay strong, buddy!

3 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

So, just because the Guest didn't google, and didn't register an email and log in as a member, that means that he is here to seek attention? You think every readers here on this forum has the money to go for treatments even though it may be a few hundred dollars only or a couple of thousands? To think a money boy like you can make such comments like "you LOL more than you care". Let's hope you suffer the consequences yourself, and have your applications to NTU/NUS or Monash and whatever universities knocked out because of your diseased face which you have exhibited to everyone by logging in. And during that time, let's hope people tell you that they LOL more than you care.

I'm a psycho metaphor that feed my hunger with people's LOLing at me. That's why I expose myself with purpose so that later I can say something like : "LAUGH...laugh while you still be able to BWhahahahah

I can't fake my sympathy and feed those attention seeker, especially this is life threating issue still can have some sense to log n to the computer post topic...Sigh..  

3 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

Ah sorry but Monash Accepted me already, so it's my worst option to be still strike for NTU/NUS so I can present myself as "Retired-GayEscort NUS/NTU student"

come on , have some heart for ppl who really worry about his health stage HIV is not something to play with. once got it , it non cureable just controlable only . 

so just give correct advise to the reader can ppl. 

pls have peace ;)

cheer! 

20 minutes ago, Bptop88 said:

come on , have some heart for ppl who really worry about his health stage HIV is not something to play with. once got it , it non cureable just controlable only . 

so just give correct advise to the reader can ppl. 

pls have peace ;)

cheer! 

True, I think I was excessive rage due to the OP's responses. I was at first did care for the situation that he faced. Scrolling down, seeing people already did intensive Google searches for him and gave corresponding advices, He didn't even show any attitudes to appreciate and follow the advices, in return. 

Seeing people are showing sympathies and time on how he was being an irresponsible Top. Also the  fact of the HIV bottom let him know about his status after showed how nonsensical this story is

2 minutes ago, Lee Dong Ho said:

True, I think I was excessive rage due to the OP's responses. I was at first did care for the situation that he faced. Scrolling down, seeing people already did intensive Google searches for him and gave corresponding advices, He didn't even show any attitudes to appreciate and follow the advices, in return. 

Seeing people are showing sympathies and time on how he was being an irresponsible Top. Also the  fact of the HIV bottom let him know about his status after showed how nonsensical this story is

just hope he get treated maybe within 2 day still got hope as long as he didnt catch the virus he is SAVE HAPPY FOR ALL !! 

so thread starter will keep you in prayer JIAYOU !!!

Guest guest

Get the first dose first. At the same time is it possible to get the btm guy to give u  medical proof that he is undectable. U can go see doc together with him tell him if he does not help u can make a police report that he did not inform his status before sex with u.

7 hours ago, Guest Stressed said:

How old are you?

1. You are too trusting. Don't take a stranger's words so seriously please. 

2. Regardless of whether your bottom alerts you that he is hiv + or not, you ought to stop thinking with your dickhead. A moment of foolishness like this can cause you a lifetime of regrets. I am sure this is not your first time doing it bare. Continue to indulge in this joy and you will live in constant fear of getting infected. By the way, HIV is not the only thing you should worry about. There are many other STDs waiting to hit you. Talking about being a financial burden, condom only sets you back by a few bucks. So rather than to pay exponentially more for the medication and consultation, I suggest you cover your dick with rubber. 

2. I am sure that hospitals have some ways to work things out with you regarding the payment. If you have a high chance to significantly reduce the risk, it would definitely be a more cost effective intervention plan than to be on long term medication after being infected with the virus.

Good luck

Guest Guest
1 hour ago, Lee Dong Ho said:

Ah sorry but Monash Accepted me already, so it's my worst option to be still strike for NTU/NUS so I can present myself as "Retired-GayEscort NUS/NTU student"

Ah! Good that NTU/NUS didn't accept you. So now, let's hope you can present yourself soon as the "HIV+ Retired-GayEscort Monash student with a big CB mouth and no heart"

1 minute ago, Guest Guest said:

Ah! Good that NTU/NUS didn't accept you. So now, let's hope you can present yourself soon as the "HIV+ Retired-GayEscort Monash student with a big CB mouth and no heart"

LOL, read the sentence carefully is preparing for upcoming entrance test, only in worst case scenario that I will end up in Monash. Ok my CB mouth can shut up, but my Xiao hand cant stop typing. I did general checked up 3 months ago to apply for Gov-permit and well, unfortunately I got Neg-status, so chance is low for you to LOL anyway. LOLOLOLOL

7 hours ago, Guest Stressed said:

pls call AFA Hotline now ! and ask them for advise if related to money i sure them can help out. 
so  like guest HIV PEP SAY STOP GIVE EXCISES And go ask for help before you regards for life !! 

Guest Stressed,

one thing at a time. Go A&E ASAP and start PEP within 72 hours.

Approach AFA for help and do a test.

1) http://afa.org.sg/whatwedo/support/mts/

2) http://afa.org.sg/whatwedo/support/ats/

Ask for a 4th GEN test kit ($40 bucks) after 14 days of sexual activity. You cannot use 4th GEN test kit to test in less than 14 days.

Don't worry about the cost for test kit, some kind soul may offer you a free test or pay for you. Just ask. Don't wait for the guy to help you pay to do the test.

Go to link 1, if you want a less crowded environment to do HIV testing. No names and contact details is needed. 

From there, you can ask more questions and be better informed.

Guest Guest
31 minutes ago, Lee Dong Ho said:

LOL, read the sentence carefully is preparing for upcoming entrance test, only in worst case scenario that I will end up in Monash. Ok my CB mouth can shut up, but my Xiao hand cant stop typing. I did general checked up 3 months ago to apply for Gov-permit and well, unfortunately I got Neg-status, so chance is low for you to LOL anyway. LOLOLOLOL

No point reading your sentence carefully when your English cannot convey your meaning over. And don't worry, since you find it so unfortunate that you are negative now, perhaps you would like us to pray for you, the Retired-GayEscort Monash student with a big CB mouth and no heart, to be positive soon? LOL!

2 minutes ago, Guest Guest said:

No point reading your sentence carefully when your English cannot convey your meaning over. And don't worry, since you find it so unfortunate that you are negative now, perhaps you would like us to pray for you, the Retired-GayEscort Monash student with a big CB mouth and no heart, to be positive soon? LOL!

TQ, wish your prayer be heard, and return this topic to it's initial purpose!

Guest Chasing the Dream

All these danger of ONS is really killing the gay.  Hope everyone can go grab someone and maintain a monogamous relationship and live life happily thereafter.  I know, you think it is not possible.  Possibility is when you make it happens....have you got anyone in your mind yet?  Don't wait, go run after him. Run!!! Run!!!

Guest Expert

Don't panic as yet! Listen up girls! 

Were you a top or bottom? Your risk would be a lot lower if you were a top.  However, your risk would be substantially higher if you were a bottom.  Many factors would come into play also,  did you let him cum inside you? If he was quite well endowed, the possibility of a tear or cut inside your rectum could be higher also. Hence if he was not well endowed at all (small), the likelihood of getting a tear or cut would be lower. 

Even though the viral load of your partner is undetectable in blood there may still be considerable amount of viruses in his cum and he remains infectious.

I'd recommend pep if you were a bottom and had his cum inside of your body. Pep is most effective when started within 24 hours to 48 hours post exposure.  Less effective when it's after 48 hours but some countries do recommend it within 72 hours. 

If you have missed the window for pep, be on the lookout for fever, rash and lymph nodes swelling within the next 2 to 6 weeks. If none of these happens, it's unlikely you are infected. Fever and rash are a strong presentation for seroconversion. 

Take care and yes you should press charges against him for not disclosing his hiv status to you prior. 

On ‎7‎/‎5‎/‎2016 at 11:57 AM, Vometra said:

To summarise:

1) Go see a doctor immediately and get on a PEP course if recommended

2) Make a report with the police

Reporting Police will be subjected to Penal 377A ? cos man fuck man

24 minutes ago, Guest Chasing the Dream said:

All these danger of ONS is really killing the gay.  Hope everyone can go grab someone and maintain a monogamous relationship and live life happily thereafter.  I know, you think it is not possible.  Possibility is when you make it happens....have you got anyone in your mind yet?  Don't wait, go run after him. Run!!! Run!!!

Chasing the dream I not too sure, but just concern that TS could be chasing the dragon, that's why dun dare go hospital for treatment. 

1 hour ago, Guest 377 said:

Reporting Police will be subjected to Penal 377A ? cos man fuck man

If you tell the doctor what happened, I think he will do the necessary reporting, cos this falls under communicable disease act also.

About kena charged under 377a, I dun think so, unless they did it in a public place or something.

Can't be 100% sure of cos.

• G_M changed the title to I Had Sex Recently - I Am Worried About Catching Stds / Hiv / Infection (Compiled)
  • G_M unlocked this topic
  • Guest locked this topic
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.