Male HQ

Sportsmenasia (Sma) + After8 Concepts (Closed)

tookidooki

smabanner240912.jpg

"You like who you like lah. Who cares if someone likes the other someone because of their race? It's when they hate them. That's the problem."

Orked (acted by Sharifah Amani) in SEPET (2004, directed by Yasmin Ahmad)

Ehh anyone know where can I get NUm tee with grindr icon?

NUM is NUM, not SMA. You're asking in the wrong thread

"You like who you like lah. Who cares if someone likes the other someone because of their race? It's when they hate them. That's the problem."

• 2 weeks later...

Btw did anyone tried to access their website? It doesn't seem to be working anymore. (my mistake I think I typo the URL) But where are they going to move to? Anyone have any news? Really miss browsing the undies heh

Edited by chapapa

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
Guest Guest

any insider news on them?

dun think they close down since they are doing quite well but they hv been gone for so long.

Guest Guest

Go Chinatown Point reccee

they hv reopen in chinatown pt already?

where did you get your news from or you have been there already?

Guest Guest

They should be opening soon. Was told by their staff that they are finalising the sale of one of the owner's stake to the other partner. Still operating online during this period, which I guess is their main source of sales since they are better known as an online shop regionally.

Guest Guest

Many go to their shop to cruise and exchanged contact number and to touch and feel their apparel so as to fantasize them when masturbating during the night. No sales at all. How can they survived?

Guest Guest

i know for a fact that many of my friends spend a lot shopping there every month. I may not be as rich as them but I also shop with them quite a bit occasionally. I did hear that the original boss had sold the business and since retired from the scene comfortably.  

I like SMAwhen it was still a small shop under Ken's management. Shopping there was cosy n friendly. It had that personal touch. As it got bigger, that feeling is less and I find it gearing towards sex shop concept.

I have the same sentiments!

I used to enjoy SMA and will because of that personal touch (no pun intended) end up buying 1 or 2 items (bought my most expensive pair of trunks there many years back and still haven't worn it yet. haha). But when it expanded, it kind of lost that personal touch and appeal.

Guest Guest

Many go to their shop to cruise and exchanged contact number and to touch and feel their apparel so as to fantasize them when masturbating during the night. No sales at all. How can they survived?

ahaha wtf seriously? :lol:

Guest Guest

because of that personal touch (no pun intended) end up buying 1 or 2 items (bought my most expensive pair of trunks there many years back and still haven't worn it yet. haha).

you must be their fav customer. such gay sales tactics work on you totally. :yuk:

you must be their fav customer. such gay sales tactics work on you totally. :yuk:

LOL... My other friends were their fav customers. I only spent a fraction of what they did.

But I have to admit I was "weak"... Anyhow, that was all in the past la. :)    

• 2 weeks later...
Guest curious

They started promoting their new shop way before shifting from chinatown pt.  This time round, nothing was mentioned and it has been a long time. I think they are not opening another shop. Maybe only selling online.  However, I tried calling the nos n no body pick up.  Anyone has any luck?    I am not ordering online if i dont get any response from the phone line.

• 3 months later...

Would like to know where is Sportsmenasia's new location now ?

I Love staring at guys' bulges & ass cracks in their undies or nylon shorts or biz pants or jeans... Will start to fantasise I am caressing them with my hardon rite inside my undies... Do you ?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Went to their website, all the no. are invalid.

Email them they dun reply.

I bought the package when sign up as member, till now I didn't receive my card, I haven't really use them. Best part, I can't even order online with my credit cos there isn't an option for that.

It's so unprofessional of them to close down their shop and got the cheek to announce to everyone that new store will be relocated. What kind of retailer is that.

Can anyone advise me?

Edited by simple1975

Yes James the Japanese-lookalike was really movie star-handsome and also very friendly.

Simple1975: you can just email them with your order and membership details, that's what I did.

I'm in retail for more than 10 yrs and this is the first i have ever encounter.

I might just report to the retailer association or whoever that can help.

First, no notice to members about their closure.

Secondly, they still us ppl to join the members buy purchasing their credit

Thirdly, there's no update and not a single apology and still got the cheek to put contact and email that are not in use.

Lastly, the whole online website should close and should be handed to police.

That's not the right way to cheat on PINK DOLLARS

P.S. I sincerely hope the founder of Sportmenasia saw this forum, you make a name but you just ruin it.

The original founder sold the business very long ago if i'm not wrong due to health reasons (when they were still in Chinatown Point). Strangely, I actually did manage to buy from them online not long ago, there was a slight delay but the order did arrive in the end. 

I shopped at SMA back in 2011 whilst travelling through Singapore and remembered Raymond as being very cute and courteous...does anyone here know him and how to get in touch with him? :)

• 3 weeks later...

i've known the original owner ken since it was a little shop near the escalator in chinatown point. ken told me the business was sold. the new owners seem to be running the business into the ground. can't blame ken for this.

i've known the original owner ken since it was a little shop near the escalator in chinatown point. ken told me the business was sold. the new owners seem to be running the business into the ground. can't blame ken for this.

sold?! Wasn't it doing really well?

• Guest locked this topic