Male HQ

Cabin Crew / Flight Attendant Discussion (Singapore Based) - SIA, British Airway, Jetstar, etc (Compiled)

On the topic of SQ boys, I once flew on Business Class and there was a sexy steward who looked like a Caucasian with one Asian grandparent. He spoke to passengers in an air steward accent, but to his colleagues like he was from an HDB estate in Yishun. He was also clearly gay. Really nice eye candy on a long haul flight.

not bad looking leading steward.

seems str8, but if he is gay, he seems like SPG who only go for ang moh, lol

his head shaking is so annoying to me.

i'm also not convinced by what he says simply because there seems to be a lack of emotion and was probably reciting a script. 

Instagram | @sodamnsonni

Twitter | @sosonni

i'm also not convinced by what he says simply because there seems to be a lack of emotion and was probably reciting a script. 

at least he looks better than ur fuck face?

Dude, his delivery is much better than this -- https://soundcloud.com/sodamnsonni/religion

The soundcloud seems to be full of oneself and probably trying so hard to act smart.  Nuff said.

I was at Haneda Airport @ Tokyo seeing off my family as they came to visit.

They were returning with Singapore Airlines so naturally, I saw the pilots and the cabin crew.

One of the (handsome) pilots had a typical RSAF feel and he had that kind of vibes that he was sexually naughty as a hot daddy.

And for many of the stewards, my gaydar rang like no tomorrow, even more effective than a tsunami warning in Japan.

Image00109.jpg

I'm always running after you.

You are my ideal.

You are me.

Guest dunnoyou

Finnair there are cute good looking one but chinese  .. i cant believe people mentioned tigerairways? got handsome? basically NONE! AIRasia yes there is .... jetstar ... same as tiger... basically those international airline got handsome one.

HAHAHAHA! His head really boggles a lot ~ 

There are still people (i think) that are truly passionate about the service industry. :)

In terms of workload, hands down all the SQ crew works the hardest if one were to compare to other airlines like Emirates, CX, BA etc. It's just too bad that the perks are not as attractive as opposed to say, 5 years back or even earlier...

Wrong info ! I have crew friends who work for Sq and Cx , both are equally tough in their own ways ! How else are these two airlines always voted best frequently amongst many others ! As for the others , yes it is easier according to them .....

In terms of workload, hands down all the SQ crew works the hardest if one were to compare to other airlines like Emirates, CX, BA etc. It's just too bad that the perks are not as attractive as opposed to say, 5 years back or even earlier...

Wrong info ! I have crew friends who work for Sq and Cx , both are equally tough in their own ways ! How else are these two airlines always voted best frequently amongst many others ! As for the others , yes it is easier according to them .....

In the 70s, crew made around 1k plus when a teacher made 150.

In the 80s, crew made around 2k plus when a clerk made 300.

In the 90s, crew made around 3k plus.

Now, 20 yrs later, crew are still making 3k plus.

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

never argue with the guests. let them bark all they want.

结缘不结

不解缘

After I have said what I wanna say, I don't care what you say.

看穿不说穿

Hmmm maybe I am wrong but I'll stick to my guns : I do have a friend who is with CX but the problem is he only does either SIN-BKK-SIN route or SIN-HKG-SIN route.

The workload on an SQ flight to Hongkong on a 380 aircraft is so much tougher than the same flight by CX using a smaller aircraft.

And due to the 2 meals service on board, plus throw in the snack service in between, it's no exaggeration if you hear these poor SQ crew esp the gs and fss complain that they practically "walked" to their destination especially on day 380flights like Sin-Syd vv or Sin-Lhr. It's hardwork. Literally.

Hmmm maybe I am wrong but I'll stick to my guns : I do have a friend who is with CX but the problem is he only does either SIN-BKK-SIN route or SIN-HKG-SIN route.

The workload on an SQ flight to Hongkong on a 380 aircraft is so much tougher than the same flight by CX using a smaller aircraft.

And due to the 2 meals service on board, plus throw in the snack service in between, it's no exaggeration if you hear these poor SQ crew esp the gs and fss complain that they practically "walked" to their destination especially on day 380flights like Sin-Syd vv or Sin-Lhr. It's hardwork. Literally.

Whatever and however you would want to keep proving about Sq is definitely more superior than others has always been very typical of most mentality found here in Singapore ! I have met some Singaporean aviation lawyers recently who has much high praises for Cx that they said something about Sq which I believe most would never get or want to listen too here ........and also premium economy has already been on Cx which sq management kept mentioning years ago they will not need to despite many other aviation has already praised Cx and some others having it , and now to set itself apart from budget carriers , Sq has decided to have premium economy as well and lesser economy seats , want to know why Cx is not getting A380 while all others are having it ? It's their way of having more frequency to chose for connection than ample seats with lesser frequency ...but most would think they cannot afford it instead .....on length of flight timing for both carriers full service to the same countries .....you can calculate which airline need to serve faster , not to mention about same aircraft type with numbers of seats which you can find on their respective website...just a frequent traveller myself too to travel on both of my favourite airlines

The A380 certainly requires more work on short haul routes, but when I have taken it on long haul there always seem to be more FAs. Plus if it's a long night flight, there's a lot of down time after clearing up dinner and getting ready for breakfast.

CX may have opted for the stretch 777 rather than the A380 as it has at least 150 less seats than the Airbus. But I don't quite see the sense of avoiding purchase of the A380 when they have around 5 flights daily to both London and New York, for example. BA used to have 3 daily HKG/LHR flights. Now it has just 2 but one is an A380. I'd have thought CX would be able to make effective use of it, but then I have never pretended I understand much about airline economics!

Edited by wozzit

Just a side discussiion, as for SIA, hmmm, been pretty quite on the advertising front in the local media outlets,

SIA seeems to have run out of steam and run out of ideas already, just in survival mode, just trying to keep afloat,

my prediction is in ten years time SIA , Singapore Airlines will downgrade to be a full time low cost airlines, the way current trends are going, Most European travellers and American and Oceania customers are abandoning former Asian Pacific greats like SIA, Malaysia Airlines, THai airways and switching over to the Gulf airlines, where they keep introducing newer and newer products.

The Gulf airlines don't even need their own women to work as FAs and their men are too proud to work in a service line but they have deep pockets to keep employing younger and more hard working Flight attendants from all over the world, and the best from all over the world can't wait to join Gulf airlines to work because the gulf airlines like QATAR and Emirates have very good staff benefits and the staff get to stay in their own 5 star apartments in Dubai for those based in Dubai.  From the recruitments ads in YOUtube, emirates FA when confirm get their very own apartment to stay in, subsidised by Emirates, they don't even need to pool a few people to share the rentallike so many foreign FA working for SINGApore Airlines , hahahahahah.

And the rot in Singapore Airlines started so many years ago . There was already an "affective divide " from  local Singaporean customers , they were isolated and abandoned and pigeon holed into different classes, the run of the mill normal customers are placed at the lowest rung, while frequent fliers and Business class and PPAs, Platinum loyalty customers are treated better, and plus the age old Ang Moh first policy , hahhahah.

Nowadays, the ratio of Foreign to local FAs on Singapore Ailines is staggering, and the sing song way of stacatto Singlish and MAnglish slang rings loud and clear in the cabins of SIA.

No apologies.

Whatever and however you would want to keep proving about Sq is definitely more superior than others has always been very typical of most mentality found here in Singapore ! I have met some Singaporean aviation lawyers recently who has much high praises for Cx that they said something about Sq which I believe most would never get or want to listen too here ........and also premium economy has already been on Cx which sq management kept mentioning years ago they will not need to despite many other aviation has already praised Cx and some others having it , and now to set itself apart from budget carriers , Sq has decided to have premium economy as well and lesser economy seats , want to know why Cx is not getting A380 while all others are having it ? It's their way of having more frequency to chose for connection than ample seats with lesser frequency ...but most would think they cannot afford it instead .....on length of flight timing for both carriers full service to the same countries .....you can calculate which airline need to serve faster , not to mention about same aircraft type with numbers of seats which you can find on their respective website...just a frequent traveller myself too to travel on both of my favourite airlines

The A380 certainly requires more work on short haul routes, but when I have taken it on long haul there always seem to be more FAs. Plus if it's a long night flight, there's a lot of down time after clearing up dinner and getting ready for breakfast.

CX may have opted for the stretch 777 rather than the A380 as it has at least 150 less seats than the Airbus. But I don't quite see the sense of avoiding purchase of the A380 when they have around 5 flights daily to both London and New York, for example. BA used to have 3 daily HKG/LHR flights. Now it has just 2 but one is an A380. I'd have thought CX would be able to make effective use of it, but then I have never pretended I understand much about airline economics!

For Cx ,It is about more frequency and minimize the connecting time in Hkg for the passengers and also do check their total no . of seats for same aircraft type with same classes as with SQ or other airlines ....you will know which airline crew need to work much harder than the other .

Gosh, this is real crazy.

My original post was NOT to prove that SQ is superior than any other airlines. Where, the hell did that come from?

I only stated that it was hardwork working on SQ routes on the Sin-Hkg / Sin-Syd / Sin Lhr day time flights if you compare to CX crew due to the fact that 380 aircraft is used.

And this is for a fact.

In the 70s, crew made around 1k plus when a teacher made 150.

In the 80s, crew made around 2k plus when a clerk made 300.

In the 90s, crew made around 3k plus.

Now, 20 yrs later, crew are still making 3k plus.

Bumped into my ex team boy about a month back. He was bemoaning the fact that the layover are getting shorter and shorter.

Goes to show yeah, good things really don't last after all.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

How is it that we all got the link between cabin crew and physical attractiveness? We don't have that link with waiters at high class restaurants or hotel staff or branded goods outlets. Is cabin crew supposed to be a model?

on a more serious note, cabin crew's work is quite hard.

i literally heard them mentioned that they walked from LHR to SIN.

Was chatting with a FA otw back from LHR. He was sharing that it is actually quite a tough work.

decided to convert the seat to bed myself instead of asking him to do it for me.

on a more serious note, cabin crew's work is quite hard.

i literally heard them mentioned that they walked from LHR to SIN.

Was chatting with a FA otw back from LHR. He was sharing that it is actually quite a tough work.

decided to convert the seat to bed myself instead of asking him to do it for me.

u mean worked

Whats the purple stewardess? Is she malay? Or eurasian? She looks filipino actually but i know SQ doesnt employ pinoys.

The green stewardess is indian? She is so fair!

The blue stewardess looks like malay but i wouldnt be surprised if she is chinese.

The red stewardess looks like PRC!

Anw the steward looks better in the 2nd pic. His hair on the first pic can make it meh?

Why dun hv pics of stewards with all the colours? :P

How is it that we all got the link between cabin crew and physical attractiveness? We don't have that link with waiters at high class restaurants or hotel staff or branded goods outlets. Is cabin crew supposed to be a model?

I guess  most are equipped  with pleasant personality,at least with the the first few initial contact .

For in Hong Kong , there are some exclusive clubbing outlets that only allows those in the entertainment industry  like actors/actress, models,  ex and current air steward/stewardess and some high profile enterprising businessmen/women only. Perhaps only one guest is allowed with the invited ones  like some clubs  here .   

• 2 months later...
  • Guest locked, locked, locked and locked this topic
  • 10 months later...

Hi guys, just wanna see if there is any cabin crew in this circle that can offer advice on what's the average salary, benefit and flying pattern for major airlines like SQ, Emirates, Qantas and etc. 

Im planning to apply for SQ, but not sure if it's a better employment as compared to other airlines.

• G_M changed the title to Cabin Crew / Flight Attendant Discussion (Singapore Based) - SIA, British Airway, Jetstar, etc (Compiled)
  • G_M unlocked and unlocked this topic
On 12/01/2015 at 0:48 AM, Guest Guest said:

Whats the purple stewardess? Is she malay? Or eurasian? She looks filipino actually but i know SQ doesnt employ pinoys.

The green stewardess is indian? She is so fair!

The blue stewardess looks like malay but i wouldnt be surprised if she is chinese.

The red stewardess looks like PRC!

Anw the steward looks better in the 2nd pic. His hair on the first pic can make it meh?

Why dun hv pics of stewards with all the colours? :P

Most stewardess are coming from Thailand because they are goodlooking. In Singapore, goodlooking people are 100% not pure bred.

13 hours ago, Guest Justin said:

Most stewardess are coming from Thailand because they are goodlooking. In Singapore, goodlooking people are 100% not pure bred.

I flew Thai Lionair and they had 2 flight stewards on a recent flight from Bangkok to Singapore. Both were such pleasing to the eyes!

8 hours ago, Guest Olive said:

Do you know who is that Kevin Khoo who is always being mentioned during flight particularly during takeoff and landing and if there is a turbulence?

kevin khoo bely buzy. dont listurb him. 

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

never argue with the guests. let them bark all they want.

结缘不结

不解缘

After I have said what I wanna say, I don't care what you say.

看穿不说穿

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.