Male HQ

[Hiv Support Group] Looking For People Who Are Hiv + Poz For Poz (Compiled)

Hi, we are Silent Heroes, an anonymous project that seeks to uncover the brave stories of HIV people, help the cause of educating young Singaporeans in the stereotypes of HIV, and also strengthening the confidence of LGBTQ youths tomorrow. If you are living with HIV, we understand that it's hard that nobody knows. The fear of losing your loved ones. The struggles as a HIV positive person. The hidden life you are living right now. We want to help. We want to hear from you. A full anonymous space to share your struggles, fears and life. PM us or tell us on BeASilentHero@gmail.com.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys,

I have recently been diagnosed with Kaposi Sarcoma (KSHV) and spent 1 dreaded week in hospital for the Infectious Diseases team to run all the necessary tests as my immune system was very low. I am now on medications, Truvada+Tivicay and aside from the side effects which come and goes I would say I’m hoping for the best. 

I do hope to find new friends here and those who are in the same shoes to reach out to each other. I’m not in denial but I’m not ready to let my loved ones knows about my condition. 

Regards,

Ray

Hi Rezal sad to know about your condition. Hope u are recovering from the trauma. Probally to get tru was like a living hell. Take medication as advice by the Dr . Dont exposed yourself in crowded area or people who sick like flu, fever. Avoid smoking . Try to boost ur CD4 asap lf u feel not to inform then pay attention n recovered fast.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMAVLXk9QWA

Hang in there everyone,

HIV positive or not, we are fortunate to be able to make a change in our lives while we are alive.

The temptation to go engage in risky behaviour will always resurface, it's human instinct to want to procreate. Sex can mean many things to different people, but it's best if the pleasure we seek does not come at the expense of our health. The battle in the mind cannot always be won on one's own, reach out if you need a listening ear. We can win the fight against AIDS together, one helping hand at a time, and in our own little ways.

Happy CNY guys <3

Hope

Hansel

P.S. random rant after a major breakdown due to stress haha.. 

Anyone seeking medical treatment in BBK Bumrungard hospital?

Are you guys getting your meds from Red Cross too?

Where are you guys using? I have switched to once a day pill - stribild. Which cost 50% lesser than my previous regime of truvada/isentress.

I heard that genvoya will be available at in July this year at Red Cross and it will cost lower than stribild.

Anyone like to know each other and perhaps some company to BKK together.

Edited by jason212
On 2/14/2018 at 2:32 AM, jason212 said:

Anyone seeking medical treatment in BBK Bumrungard hospital?

Are you guys getting your meds from Red Cross too?

Where are you guys using? I have switched to once a day pill - stribild. Which cost 50% lesser than my previous regime of truvada/isentress.

I heard that genvoya will be available at in July this year at Red Cross and it will cost lower than stribild.

Anyone like to know each other and perhaps some company to BKK together.

You would have to commit to traveling back and forth numerous times, especially during the first few months of being diagnosed. It would be more convenient if you sought treatment locally if you're Singaporean. I have HIV positive friends who travel to BKK every 6 months to buy meds and I'm considering it as an option once i start working. The meds sold at local buyers club cost about the same as if you travel to BKK + buy generics (travel expenses depend on how you spend+meds). btw I'm currently on Truvada and Riplivirine :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys, can help do a survey for a project? I realised that data reports on STI/HIV/AIDS of certain countries are either unavailable on WHO, outdated, or discriminatory *cough* Singapore *cough* It will be strictly confidential as I won't ask your name and/or email address.

https://goo.gl/forms/OLTRtfVVPXbpalO32

Its on STIs amongst young adults (18-39) and would be great if you guys can take some time to do it!  :) Thanks!

Spread to your friends too hehe (the survey, not std).

Edited by Fox92
On 19/09/2017 at 2:09 AM, Yourstruly said:

Don't know what to expect but the loneliness is kicking in esp when it's hard to find fellow poz guys since there is hardly any mainstream channels. Being newly diagnosed makes it even challenging since it's not exectly working out best for me at the moment. 

Almost died in hospital but god gave me a second chance. So I'll just give this platform a try. Any TOP or flex <35 who is hoping to find meaningful connections (both physical or emotional) and yes I still wish for ltr. I do basic upkeeping with gym. Hope u too. If you feel that we could develop something meaningful, please hit me up. 

#tryinghardtokeephopealive

Strong willed 

• 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, Original_Sin said:

Gents,

Need some opinion. My partner was diagnosed HIV+ last year, currently on medication (from Malaysia gov hospital) and viral load is undetectable as of last check.

We been through tought time but fortunately, still together. I start to think further into future.

Just wondering if he don’t have any medical insurance, what would be the best way forward? 

I don’t think I can get one for him with pre-existing medical condition like this, but if you have any idea, appreciate if you can share.

Thank you

I don't think any insurance will wanna cover w pre existing condition esp he is on medication ie his records are w the hospital

On 08/04/2018 at 9:11 PM, Original_Sin said:

Gents,

Need some opinion. My partner was diagnosed HIV+ last year, currently on medication (from Malaysia gov hospital) and viral load is undetectable as of last check.

We been through tought time but fortunately, still together. I start to think further into future.

Just wondering if he don’t have any medical insurance, what would be the best way forward? 

I don’t think I can get one for him with pre-existing medical condition like this, but if you have any idea, appreciate if you can share.

Thank you

Hello there :)

I'm very heartened to know you chose to stand by your partner during the initial stages of recuperation. That period can be tough to overcome on one's own. Thank you kind soul <3

With regards to insurance plans, pretty nonexistent in Asia actually. What my agent suggested that was to open a savings account (pruwealth) and invest for about 20-30 years. Her rationale being HIV positive folks in general will be more susceptible to infections and whatnot as we grow older. So instead of having no financial insurance at all, at least I'll have this amount I've saved up to cover my medical bills. 

Hope that helps!

Love

H

Edited by HanselPZB
Grammar
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/8/2018 at 9:11 PM, Original_Sin said:

Gents,

Thank you

My BF was infected too and we r still together for 6 years. First line medication is provided free and just need to pay minimal fee for blood test. As for insurance, find some agent who can sort things out. You can be still covered for others such as Dengue/Accident/other non HIV related cases.

If im not mistaken, your BF is entitiled free treatment if it is due to HIV related illnesses.

Pos n Neg relationship is not easy. Rebuild the trust and see how things goes. Sometime the neg partner would feel bleak n dying inside. Find someone to talk to. It helps me alot during the first n second year after my BF was diagnosed Pos. All the best!

On 4/24/2018 at 10:55 PM, Wolfboy said:

Just trying to help here guys! Try to research on black seed oil for your conditions!

Tried this but not working. Tried grinding into powder n also the black seed oil capsule for more than 3-6mths. Doesnt control the viral load and not much improve on CD4 count.

8 hours ago, BGlurker said:

By any chance is anyone online now? I received the news a few days ago, but it only just sunk in and I'm freaking out. 

I do have the same experience. Do stay positive, read more about it. Take regular medication and blood test. Live life as per normal, you will be fine 

Hi Poz friends,

I just suddenly have this urge to write this here.

Do you all think that all Poz guys like us (me included as I am also Poz) deserve to die? Reason as below :

1) We all ask for it to be what we are now

2) Whether we die now or die when we are old it does not matter. So better to die now.

3) We may be undetactable now but no guarantee we will be always be even though we may be very religious with our meds. Virus can get immune to the meds and we are again back to square 1 whereby we have to explore new way n meds to keep viral load undetactable.

4) When we get old, our body more prone to other illness and with this poz thingy, will complicate treatment process.

5) Lonely on earth so better to go.

Not sure you all share the same thoughts as me in some moments of our life once we are diagnosed? 

Perhaps good to hear from other poz pal as XXX negative pals may not really understand what we going through.

I really worry when I get old as no family members know of my condition and is perfectly impossible to let them know.

Edited by Guest71

After almost 2.5 years, my life had pretty much returned to where it was before I got diagnosed. For me, I felt that my decision to not tell any people worked out the best. The lesser the people who know, the better it is. Our society is not ready to receive us in open arms yet.

Having said that, I’m sure there are many of you who have found comfort, support and strength from your family and close friends. As for me, I rather walk this road alone but I can’t. My partner has decided to stick by me. Our relationship is even more intimate than before. I don’t know why I should deserve him. For now, the only way to honour him is to keep myself healthy and be a responsible partner. Continue to work hard and earn that extra money for lifelong supplements.  

Edited by jason212

Well l think this chat group was everything is like a new venue, new religious, new family everything and whatever you can think of.

Why l say that. People like us will never be accepted out there if they know we are positive. The fear will be tremendous for them to digest it is understood even for gays too if not been infected yet. Knowning medication have play a important role in hiv life. It now known to be known undetectable and untransmitable still  still not recognised. You may share your opnion too . Maybe we can have bettter understanding among the POZ .

My ignorance - Just want to understand a new term:

1) Are people “taking Prep and ‘undetectable’” means they are poz ?

2) are Prep drug able to prevent getting infected by hiv or passing hiv to mates ?

i bj a young cute dragonboater who is on Prep, tasted his precum; is it risky ?

Edited by hornbird
On 5/14/2018 at 5:37 PM, hornbird said:

I must be really ignorant and naive in my question :ph34r:

I think your question on oral sex is reasonable. You can stop worrying. Oral sex is "low risk" in terms of getting HIV. There is no transmission risks for receiving oral sex. You probably will not get HIV from giving oral sex either—but having cuts or sores in your mouth, gum disease, having an STI in your throat, or recent dental work increases your risk.

I don’t know man... For me, I honestly feel almost 99% of the shitty feelings come from the stigma. If you see past that, that’s really not much to it. Yeah sure, we have to take medications daily but so do a lot of my non positive friends. You know, city people issues. And I seriously couldn’t care less about what others think of me, so i’m relatively open about my status. So far, except for some hiccups, everyone around me who knows doesn’t really give a shit either. Maybe because i’m lucky, maybe because i’m a proud ass, I don’t know. If they have a problem with my status, well, they deal with it because I don’t have a problem with it.

The hardest part for me to deal with with respect to being HIV positive and stigma is probably at work. I want to be treated fairly and be judged based on my performance, and not be discredited (or maybe credited because of pity?) because of my health, which is very good by the way. Quite a number of my colleagues know too but it’s no biggie. But hey, you don’t tell your colleagues everything about your personal life so you don’t have to tell them about your health status if you don’t wish to.

In terms of getting a partner, from the way I see it, even if i’m not positive, it doesn’t mean I’ll find someone either. I’m pretty happy being by myself these days. Sure, there are those days where I feel lonely and shitty but don’t we all sometimes? That’s just life, deal with it.

When you first get diagnosed, it does help to talk to other PLHIVs out there to get some other perspectives, and share some information (make sure it’s true and accurate and not some secret recipe to replace your meds or stupid things like that) and to support one another. There are a lot of people who already went through what we went through so no one here is really that unique... and we all survived, didn’t we?

Cheers.

You have stated your point clearly if any poz read this statement will understand. There is and will be wicked , selfish, rude, manipulative,  self interest all this is a karma bless to the people who will face and will get their treatment they ask for. They deserve no pity or even compassion .

On 5/19/2018 at 9:54 AM, Roy2017 said:

You have stated your point clearly if any poz read this statement will understand. There is and will be wicked , selfish, rude, manipulative,  self interest all this is a karma bless to the people who will face and will get their treatment they ask for. They deserve no pity or even compassion .

I reckon this is directed at my last post? Don’t really understand what your point is, or even what you are saying for the matter of fact. Sorry. In any case, I’m merely sharing my experience and thinking. Not everyone’s the same, I get that. We all have different backgrounds, different jobs, different pays, from different generations but we do live in the same society and breathe the same air. Whether you want to let HIV (or any problems in your life) run your life, that’s up to you. I choose to accept, deal with it, and move on with my life because ehhhhh.... I’m too busy to burrow in sorrows. I have to split my limited time among my family, my friends, my career, gym, boxing, travels, classes etc. etc...... Don’t even have time to sleep, why would I want to waste my time being sad and depressed all the time over something which can be managed under 10 seconds everyday by popping a couple of pills? 

Cheers.

On 2/2/2018 at 2:09 AM, Rezal said:

Hi guys,

I have recently been diagnosed with Kaposi Sarcoma (KSHV) and spent 1 dreaded week in hospital for the Infectious Diseases team to run all the necessary tests as my immune system was very low. I am now on medications, Truvada+Tivicay and aside from the side effects which come and goes I would say I’m hoping for the best. 

I do hope to find new friends here and those who are in the same shoes to reach out to each other. I’m not in denial but I’m not ready to let my loved ones knows about my condition. 

Regards,

Ray

Hey Ray, I'm sorry to hear about your KSHV. 

In all honesty, I have never heard of this condition before and I just want to thank you for sharing this.

I do hope you stay strong.

On 5/5/2018 at 4:52 AM, BGlurker said:

By any chance is anyone online now? I received the news a few days ago, but it only just sunk in and I'm freaking out. 

I'm sorry I'm a little late. Drop me a message if you need someone to talk to alright?

I'll do my best to help you. Always remember to have your vitamins on time.

One day at a time.

sincerely

H

On 5/7/2018 at 11:53 AM, Guest71 said:

Hi Poz friends,

I just suddenly have this urge to write this here.

Do you all think that all Poz guys like us (me included as I am also Poz) deserve to die? Reason as below :

1) We all ask for it to be what we are now

2) Whether we die now or die when we are old it does not matter. So better to die now.

3) We may be undetactable now but no guarantee we will be always be even though we may be very religious with our meds. Virus can get immune to the meds and we are again back to square 1 whereby we have to explore new way n meds to keep viral load undetactable.

4) When we get old, our body more prone to other illness and with this poz thingy, will complicate treatment process.

5) Lonely on earth so better to go.

Not sure you all share the same thoughts as me in some moments of our life once we are diagnosed? 

Perhaps good to hear from other poz pal as XXX negative pals may not really understand what we going through.

I really worry when I get old as no family members know of my condition and is perfectly impossible to let them know.

Hi Guest71

I personally believe that nobody in this world, regardless of how twisted, cruel or mean they are, deserves whatever horrible things that may or may not have happened to them yet. From a psychological perspective, this "Just-world phenomenon" or "everyone deserves what they get and get what they deserves" mentality is a source of prejudice, psychological theories aside .. it just seems 'reasonable' that I deserved to be infected with HIV because I was a prick to so many people in my life. But think about it, they're simply poor choices that I made, not choices that are meant to damn me in some way or another. But now that I'm in this, I have to make choices that are different from the ones before. Suicide is not the only way out. Ending one's life is very painful to those who love you. Someone whom i looked up to and loved since I was in poly days chose to take his life after he decided that he could not live with the pressure and it's been half  year since .. it hurts. A lot, thinking about it. Always remember that you have people who love you (even when you perceive none), it's a start for you to learn to love yourself, even if it is just enough to bring you through each day. Eat food you like, take walks, listen to music, go out with close friends, reach out.

Scientifically speaking, as long as we adhere to our meds (which has a half-life of at least 2 days), the virus will not mutate, unless you have unprotected sex with another HIV positive person with a mutated version of the virus AND has a detectable viral load. Rest assured, the meds do work. The downside is that we have to take better care of our bodies eg. eat/sleep/exercise well and avoid binge drinking, smoking and chemsex because taking any kind of meds in the long-term can slowly wear out our liver and kidneys. Drop me a message if you need research articles on evidence about meds efficacy and/ or toxicity. I'll gladly forward them to you.

Generally, a majority of people's immune system will gradually weaken as they age, not just pozzies. Yes, in my personal opinion, it is true to an extent that having to adhere to meds and at the same time go through say an operation may seem daunting. Which is why we have the also have a choice to work with our doctors and nurses to work things out. I learnt from a friend that pain is unavoidable, but suffering is optional. One day at time alright bud?

I'm very sorry to have been able to reply to your message now. I sincerely hope you've not made a rash decision without first reaching out to others for help.

Drop me a message and I'll do my best to help you alright? We are not alone in this :)

sincerely

H