Male HQ

[Hiv Support Group] Looking For People Who Are Hiv + Poz For Poz (Compiled)

On 5/10/2018 at 3:11 AM, jason212 said:

I personally did not experience any rashes. Cant advice on this. 

Hi jason212

Best way is to take a Gen4 test three weeks after your exposure or take PEP right after your exposure from ttsh or dsc. Head to DSC for either or both :)

sincerely

H

Edited by HanselPZB
  • 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Hungtall said:

What test to go for when u engage in oral or anal sex 

Unprotected anal sex - HIV Gen 4 test 2-3 weeks after your sex

Unprotected oral sex - risk of HIV infection very low, personally if I were to pick a test I'd go with HIV Gen 3 test and/or syphilis test

*Both HIV and Syphilis tests can be done anonymously at AFA's ATS.

Hi guys. I been seeing a btm who wants me to take prep cos he wants me to do raw. I just want to know about it more and I wonder if this is the right place to ask. Also where can I get prep cheap cos in sg it cost about sgd 2000. I saw a doctor and he ask why. I just said I want to start to fuck raw. And he thinks I am doing a girl.  So he ask how many girls I do a week lol 

7 hours ago, woodlands894 said:

Hi guys. I been seeing a btm who wants me to take prep cos he wants me to do raw. I just want to know about it more and I wonder if this is the right place to ask. Also where can I get prep cheap cos in sg it cost about sgd 2000. I saw a doctor and he ask why. I just said I want to start to fuck raw. And he thinks I am doing a girl.  So he ask how many girls I do a week lol 

Don’t.  Protection not perfect and if you are the one guy to become positive, the stats for you are 100%. 

On 6/26/2018 at 10:51 PM, woodlands894 said:

So prep is not safe. I been using condoms on random guys So I want to explore prep if I want to do raw with my regulars. I thought prep is safe. The doctor says it’s as effective as condoms but still can catch bacteria std  

If PrEP weren't safe, pharmaceutical companies won't be selling them at all. "PrEP can cause side effects like nausea in some people, but these generally subside over time. No serious side effects have been observed, and these side effects aren’t life-threatening".

I understand some or most of us may fear being infected with HIV, at the very least be well-informed about the risks to avoid inadvertently perpetuating a stigma that's negatively affecting the lives of thousands of HIV positive men and women out there.

I did not choose to get infected, the virus doesn't discriminate, why should we?

In my honest opinion, we have to first understand why PrEP was made in the first place; "Pre-exposure prophylaxis (or PrEP) is when people at very high risk for HIV take HIV medicines daily to lower their chances of getting infected. A combination of two HIV medicines (tenofovir and emtricitabine), sold under the name Truvada® (pronounced tru vá duh), is approved for daily use as PrEP to help prevent an HIV-negative person from getting HIV from a sexual or injection-drug-using partner who’s positive". It is more than 90% effective IF one takes it consistently but like your doctor mentioned, we would still be susceptible to a myriad of STDs if we choose to have raw sex. Then again condom use "provide less protection against STDs spread through skin-to-skin contact, like human papillomavirus or HPV (genital warts), genital herpes, and syphilis"

Source: https://www.cdc.gov/hiv/basics/prep.html

Edited by HanselPZB
edit error

I am not being prejudice towards hiv positive people and I have a Friend in Malaysia who is positive and we are still friends no matter what his status would be. I was asked by my bottom to consider taking prep as he wants to do it raw with me Regularly. So I just ask the doctor and also decided to post this thread cos maybe some of you guys are using prep. Sorry did not mean to discrimate. I just wanted to know more. 

Thanks for the info. 

7 hours ago, woodlands894 said:

I am not being prejudice towards hiv positive people and I have a Friend in Malaysia who is positive and we are still friends no matter what his status would be. I was asked by my bottom to consider taking prep as he wants to do it raw with me Regularly. So I just ask the doctor and also decided to post this thread cos maybe some of you guys are using prep. Sorry did not mean to discrimate. I just wanted to know more. 

Thanks for the info. 

Likewise, I apologise if I sound harsh in my reply. It just breaks my heart when I listen to how my fellow HIV poz are being treated with regards to living with HIV. My intent was purely to steer readers to hard statistics and research findings rather than baseless assessment of risk.

I hope others who are taking PrEP would give you better advice about their experiences. Have a great weekend ahead!

On 6/30/2018 at 9:00 AM, Roy2017 said:

Using of Prep have its consequences itself.It depends how fast your body of the individual start  showing sign of reaction or failure such as kidney or liver.Frequent user must follow doctor advice such as blood test.

Great advise.

If any looking into dates n ltr do pm me and let’s get to know.. cheers! xx

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys  of this chat group anyone wants to form a watapps chat group for those who find comfortable to do so. It will be done with upmost respect and sensitive of individual as to be more closed to each other can share yours thought and also planned to have a cofffe meet up. Pleased support if you can as many of us seeking to meet each other one way or other to talk and spend time freely without fear.You can also share if u hav any ideas to add in to make it more conducive enviroment.

I hope everyone has had a good weekend thus far.

Just wondering if they are any HIV positive men living in Penang? I've a friend who may need peer support as he was only recently diagnosed. If you're HIV+, living in Penang and okay with providing peer support to my friend, do drop me a message. Thank you :)

Have a great week ahead! Stay positive about life :lol:

Edited by HanselPZB
On 7/14/2018 at 10:39 AM, Roy2017 said:

Hi guys  of this chat group anyone wants to form a watapps chat group for those who find comfortable to do so. It will be done with upmost respect and sensitive of individual as to be more closed to each other can share yours thought and also planned to have a cofffe meet up. Pleased support if you can as many of us seeking to meet each other one way or other to talk and spend time freely without fear.You can also share if u hav any ideas to add in to make it more conducive enviroment.

Seek to make friends here too. Am in my twenties, living with hiv.

Posted this on another thread but thought I share it here, in case anyone is concerned about the expenses. Caveat is that this is purely based on my situation and experiences.

Here’s a guesstimate of my medical expenses:

Tests and consultations - about $300 every 6 months

Medication - $500-ish if I buy branded in Singapore or $500-ish if I get generic ones from Thailand. 

So that works out to be about $150 per month for me. The tests and consultantion rates are post generic government subsidies, i.e. you get this subsidised rate so long as you are a Singaporean. And trust me, it’s a huge subsidised rate already. As for meds, I get my own from Bangkok since I go Bangkok a lot anyway. 

I pay for everything myself with no financial aid so I guess I can’t retire at age 35. :yuk:  But I do know of quite a number of PLHIV paying either nothing or a much lower subsidised rates. It really depends on your situation. There are a lot of such financial social aids out there that will help you tie through your financial difficulties while you sort other parts of your life out. Things will smoothen and normalise eventually so don’t let the costs stop you from getting treatment. Talk to your social worker. He/she should be able to advise you accordingly.

Cheers. 

16 hours ago, lostintranslation said:

Posted this on another thread but thought I share it here, in case anyone is concerned about the expenses. Caveat is that this is purely based on my situation and experiences.

Here’s a guesstimate of my medical expenses:

Tests and consultations - about $300 every 6 months

Medication - $500-ish if I buy branded in Singapore or $500-ish if I get generic ones from Thailand. 

So that works out to be about $150 per month for me. The tests and consultantion rates are post generic government subsidies, i.e. you get this subsidised rate so long as you are a Singaporean. And trust me, it’s a huge subsidised rate already. As for meds, I get my own from Bangkok since I go Bangkok a lot anyway. 

I pay for everything myself with no financial aid so I guess I can’t retire at age 35. :yuk:  But I do know of quite a number of PLHIV paying either nothing or a much lower subsidised rates. It really depends on your situation. There are a lot of such financial social aids out there that will help you tie through your financial difficulties while you sort other parts of your life out. Things will smoothen and normalise eventually so don’t let the costs stop you from getting treatment. Talk to your social worker. He/she should be able to advise you accordingly.

Cheers. 

Any idea if there are generic versions of the 3 in 1 Triumeq in BKK?

Edited by HanselPZB
Guest Poz1994

24mly here. diagnosed in 2016. Been on medications since. Now viral load below 20(lower limit). Sometimes can get quite lonely. Noone in the family nor friends know about me. Pulling myself through university, health as well as financial burdens of HIV treatment.( I couldn't get 100% subsidy/medifund,  just 75% medical assistance fund) Anyway, I still managed to pull through till now, and I hope this goes on forever.

Looking for friends to talk comfortably about it. Dm me :) Hope to meet nice people.

As for my brothers living with HIV as well, stay strong and live on. :) 

Have you talk to a medical social worker?  The staff there should be able to assist you as you have almost zero income....  No one should be penalised for not able to foot the bill.  Any viral load below 200 is dangerous and below 20, you should be hospitalised at C class in SGH.  Make use of govt subsidy...Thus this is the time to get back to health with daily blood test and all the hydration.....Don't loose hope.

Guest Poz1994
2 minutes ago, abang said:

Have you talk to a medical social worker?  The staff there should be able to assist you as you have almost zero income....  No one should be penalised for not able to foot the bill.  Any viral load below 200 is dangerous and below 20, you should be hospitalised at C class in SGH.  Make use of govt subsidy...Thus this is the time to get back to health with daily blood test and all the hydration.....Don't loose hope.

Viral load  not CD4.  Yea I've talk to MSW, that's the most they can help me with as I have considerable savings.

19 hours ago, Poz1994 said:

24mly here. diagnosed in 2016. Been on medications since. Now viral load below 20(lower limit). Sometimes can get quite lonely. Noone in the family nor friends know about me. Pulling myself through university, health as well as financial burdens of HIV treatment.( I couldn't get 100% subsidy/medifund,  just 75% medical assistance fund) Anyway, I still managed to pull through till now, and I hope this goes on forever.

Looking for friends to talk comfortably about it. Dm me :) Hope to meet nice people.

Am in the same situation here too! We just gotta be more thrifty with our expenditure. One sem at a time buddy!

• 3 weeks later...

hi guys, 

Just wanna let u know... 

Post Exposure(PEP) drugs... For 28 days... if prescribed from CDC with government subsidy is $845... Pls be mentally prepared for the high cost... I asked Dr Martin Chio @ DSC today & he said the price of PEP is the same... No matter what health cluster. FYI 

=(

Edited by jerseyboys
Typo... his surname is CHIO & not choo
On 8/2/2018 at 4:45 PM, Poz1994 said:

thank u dear (younger) Brother for ur courage in sharing such intimate details abt how u are coping now... & the obstacles u had to face... To get where u are today =)

i know THERE IS NOTHING I CAN SAY that will make u happy/happier but i have said a prayer for u tonite... & i wanna let u know ur diagnosis/prognosis is not a Death Sentence... it is a story of how u survived the fire of HIV & came out unscathed... jia you!        CWK :)

28 minutes ago, SomeGuest said:

I just found out im hiv + and im really scared . Im in northenwest side of malaysia. I am still a student 22 this year . I cant tell anyone i know about this but i hope i could get some emotional support here . (I am not easy to handle emotionally ) . I hope someone could help me, private dm me. Im desperated

hi i am so sorry u have to face this alone & hide it... 

Sadly i am in no position help u, why? Facing this new diagnosis at ur 20s...is very different from what a guy in his 30s faces...

i hope u will take the next 10 minutes... Google all the HIV/AIDS Advocacy Groups in ur Country/State & Reach out to these professionals... Coz they are trained to help u... Pls don't come to us for help... this forum site offers u an alternative behind-the-scenes look at how survivours are coping but anything posted in the online domain is prone to "fake news" so don't despair... Go email these organisations now... The earlier u seek help... The greater ur fighting chance is... Take care!       CWK :)

35 minutes ago, SomeGuest said:

I just found out im hiv + and im really scared . Im in northenwest side of malaysia. I am still a student 22 this year . I cant tell anyone i know about this but i hope i could get some emotional support here . (I am not easy to handle emotionally ) . I hope someone could help me, private dm me. Im desperated

hugs

never stop loving urself