Male HQ

Missionaries Of Hate - Vanguard (Documentary)

Slynn

Had a chat with someone regarding documentaries and I recall this really good documentary series, called the Vanguard.

Here I am sharing with you guys an episode that I can't forget, called "Missionaries of Hate", an episode which shows the hard lives of LBGTs in Uganda

Some moments are rather overwhelming for me ;-;

-when the gay guide asked the locals how homosexuals should be dealt with, and most of them said they should be executed

-when someone rebutt the journalist fiercely that he found it an insult for a question she asked as it sounds like they are not able to think for themselves

"Vanguard correspondent Mariana van Zeller investigates the growing influence American Evangelical Christian groups have in shaping anti-homosexuality laws and attitudes in Uganda"

Maybe a lot of you have seen it, but for those who haven't:

There is another episode dealing with use of Meth in the gay community, titled The Meth Trail, which is worth checking out too :)

Edited by Slynn

"To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all"

and here in Asia including SG we are taking it for granted in the freedom of our sexuality - yes, there are restrictions but look at the glbt community in Uganda and ssome other countries. In some cases, discrimination within the glbt community when we can help to strengthen everyone but there seem to be agendas in defining friendship or help.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

善待对人。麻烦用英文来表达信息。不是每个人都会看的懂中文 “People need to learn the art of making an argument. Often there is no

right or wrong. It's just your opinion vs someone else's opinion. How you deliver that opinion could make the difference between opening a mind,

changing an opinion or shutting the door. Sometimes folk just don't know when they've "argued" enough. Learn when to shut up."

― J'son M. Lee 

• Guest locked this topic