Male HQ

Shanghai ( China ) - Massage / Sauna / Places To Visit (Compiled)

DragonRider

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Gentlemen or any experts in shanghai/beijing:

Help!

Can we refund the remaining amount of the metro card?

any1 taken overnight train from shanghai to beijing or elsewhere?

Any1 tried the below mentioned places: i prefered non out-calls

this looks clean and safe and NEW: http://www.heyispa.com/2010/index.html

http://www.lomogay.org/enhuangjing.asp

http://www.hktlw.com/service.asp

Huli address. Look it up in Utopia Shanghai spa. Also, copy down the map. Needs about 7 min. walk from the station. The bath=house is on 3rd floor (1st floor is ground floor). No signs on front door downstairs, just the number. Shanghai is safe. Do not worry. Just be casual and just bring a spare wallet for the cash and Metro card. Keep the rest in the hotel.

nah, the cab here is much cheaper than in Sg...

I been to Dinglin before....

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest Guest

Any good recommendation for budget/youth hostel in Shanghai / Beijing and Hangzhou?? Which you had stayed there before

mind to share your experiences???

In general, Motel 168 is quite an ok place to stay, it is clean but don't expect much frills. Prices ranges from 128-228RMB/night for single rooms with your own bathrooms including breakfast too. And these are motel chains so you can find lots of them around. I took an overnight train service from Beijing to Shanghai before and slept in the lower bunk. It cost more, and sometimes maybe even more than the air ticket itself. But I was feeling naughty and pretended to sleep only in my underwear in the lower bunk of a 4 men cubicle. Then in the middle of the night, I will play peek-a-boo with my hardon to try entice the guy sleeping in the other bunkbed next to mine. I think he saw my hardon but he didn't do anything. But the next day he started chatting me up saying that I am young and strong. :P

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Going shanghai this week....anyone want to try the local bath house? Think of to go Huli... I'm 32/184/78.

ust personal opinion. Unless you are looking for young cheaper MBs, don't bother to go to Huli. The place is VERY small. You want a more local bath house scene, go to Ding Ling instead. The massage and back scrub in Ding Ling is also MUCH MUCH better.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Is there a difference between Shang hai DING LIN SAUNA & DING LIN's MEN'S CLUB .

Which do we go to for good fun ?

Thks

I didnt knw there r 2... All along we tot it s just 1....Could u show us their location??

Is there a difference between Shang hai DING LIN SAUNA & DING LIN's MEN'S CLUB .

Which do we go to for good fun ?

Thks

I don't think that there's 2 of the same name. From what I know, Ding Lin 鼎临 has moved from the previous location for quite some time already.

planning to go to shanghai in September, any recommendation is much appreciated

although i am Chinese, I speak few words of Chinese only , planning to stay in Shanghai 4 days, looking nice , clean guest house or hostel.

prefer to see local things

June 2015 Update: 上海鼎临浴室 Shanghai DingLin Bathhouse/Sauna has moved. So the instructions here are invalid.

I am leaving this post here just for historical context.

Hendry Tan

Updated: June 2015

____________________________________________________________________________________

I just returned from Shanghai. I will share about my visits to DingLin and HuLi sauna/bathhouse as recommended by some readers here. Will split it into 2 trip reports.

Shanghai is quite well connected by Metro. The metro system is very similar to Singapore MRT. But they have more lines and fares are cheaper. I bought a 24hour unlimited ride metro pass for rmb 18 (SGD 3.60) Used the free mobile app "Explore Shanghai" which is available on Android/iOS to locate the metro stations and roads.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

上海鼎临浴室 Shanghai DingLin Bathhouse/Sauna

Address: 775 Yanchang Middle Road 闸北区延长中路775号(沪太路东)。

Tel:63564358,63564798

I took the metro to YanChang Road (延长路) Metro Station (Red Metro Line-1). Exit the station and walked West along YanChang Middle Road (延长中路) for 15 minutes.

yanchangroad.jpg

See the map and follow the blue coloured line I drew from the metro station. You can see the door numbers increasing from 200+, 300+, 400+ ... 700+, you know you are walking in the correct direction. DingLin is at door 775 on the RIGHT side of the road. You can see the black colour signboard with the DingLin logo with number 775 as in the photo. Go straight in you will see an UN-MARKED door (do NOT turn). Push open and you are at the DingLin bathhouse counter.

DingLin-1.jpg

For first time visitors the front desk requires you to fill up a registration form for membership. They do NOT verify the form so I just filled in some-name/address and left the rest empty. Paid one-time membership fee RMB 20 (SGD 4) and entrance fee RMB 30 (SGD 6). Understand weekend is RMB 35 (SGD 7). Overnight attracts extra charges.

They will give you numbered locker keys and pass you a cloth-bag containing a small white towel and a pair of shorts and baggy shirt. You are then required to change into their slippers and hand over your shoes (NOT the socks) like in bowling alley to the shoe counter on the left. Then enter.

Inside the club, there is a big changing room with lockers against the wall.

Everyone just strip naked and lock their bags and cloths in the locker. Remember to double lock with key and pad-lock which they provide. No big towel like in Singapore health clubs. In Rome, do as the Romans do.

I asked the Chinese guy next to me about Rub-Back. he told me to order from the supervisor seated at the desk just outside the changing room (Not front desk). He will then call for the rub-back person. Rub-back is done in public at the Bathing Hall, you are naked while the rub-back person is in underwear. Rub-back is RMB 20 (SGD 4), you pay only at checkup. I will describe about the rub-back somewhere else.

In the Bathing Hall, shower points are partitioned but with a square hole in the partitioning walls at your navel level. Just nice to watch your neighbours discreetly :). No doors.

They provide shower foam (Watson brand) and soap bar. There is also a dipping pool in the centre of the bathing hall.

DingLin Bathing Hall with Dipping Pool and Showers partitions. This DingLin picture is taken from another web site.

200801210501327875.jpg

I noticed that the local Chinese brought their personal small orange coloured towels although some just used the provided white ones. Everyone was walking around naked in the bathing hall. There are dry and wet sauna and also a dark room for "cruising". The dark room is pretty big and I leave it to reader's imagination on what happens inside the dark room.

After the sauna and bath, you go back to the locker and change to the provided shorts and shirt.

There is also a ping pong room and I noticed people actually go there for ping pong games. It is a man's health club after all!

Walk upstairs to the Big TV room where people are resting comfortably on couches watching TV.

The DingLin crowd is almost all Chinese, aged 30s and above. Several Caucasians there too, I was told they found their way there because of Utopia recommendation.

You can also ask for massage. Massage are conducted in private rooms. All massage rooms have glass windows to ensure no hanky panky. All DingLin masseurs are male and rules require them to be properly clothed at all times. You are also given disposable paper underwear to ensure "properness" during the massage. From my voice, the masseur knew I wasn't local, he was especially helpful in anticipation of tips. Massage is about RMB 200/hour (SGD 40) payable at checkout.

I was told that some guys make private arrangement with the masseurs to visit their hotels for more "intense" massage. But that is strictly private arrangement.

The chinese guy told me DingLin is most crowded on weekends. Weekday afternoon has crowd too. The place is open 24 hours and you can stay overnight.

When you are finished, change back. Pack the small bath towel and shorts and cloths into the cloth-bag.

Return the locker key to the front desk and pay for the rub-back and massage. They gave me my membership card. Then I returned the cloth-bag at the shoe counter. The attendant retrieved my shoes and I returned the slippers.

I was on my way back to my hotel clean and satisfied.

Some references:

http://www.tongzhi98.com/show.php?id-29.html

http://vip.shulink.com/files/article/html/41/41819/2237943.html

Thank you for the sharing of your trip and tips how to get there

its very help, especially for non mandarin speaking like me

by the way, what is your comment for this place ? : must visit, good, average or dont be bothered to visit ?

Thanks

I just returned from Shanghai. I will share about my visits to DingLin and HuLi sauna/bathhouse as recommended by some readers here. Will split it into 2 trip reports.

Shanghai is quite well connected by Metro. The metro system is very similar to Singapore MRT. But they have more lines and fares are cheaper. I bought a 24hour unlimited ride metro pass for rmb 18 (SGD 3.60) Used the free mobile app "Explore Shanghai" which is available on Android/iOS to locate the metro stations and roads.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

DingLin Sauna is at 775 Yanchang Middle Road.

I been there before. I always took a bus nearby 静安寺 and alight at the bus stop near the sauna..... I had forgotten the bus no. since I no longer stay there...... :-(

Guest Guest

This is very informative, looking forward to the second trip report.

by the way, what is your comment for this place ? : must visit, good, average or dont be bothered to visit ?

It depends. DingLin and HuLi are run HealthClub style. BW old-timers who are patrons of the Singapore Old-Diamond will be very familiar with the way they operate. You must also be comfortable with walking around in the nude.

The patrons of the place are Chinese 30s and above, nobody has six-pac.

The place itself isn't very new and you can see wear and tear.

With all the above disclaimer, I would still encourage you to "moderate your expectation" and try out the chinese bath-house and try the "rub-back". See what the Chinese do. Being there done that.

Cheers !

Thank you so much for the feeback, I should try when i am going to shanghai

nudity in the bathhouse is very common for me, as i have been few times experienced that in japan and taiwan

looking forward to read you next report

cheers

• 1 month later...
Guest pangolins

I just bought a swim thong. Looking for kakis to join me for Shanghai waterpark (热带风暴水上乐园 right click) adventure only.

This coming sunday 9 September 2012, will be closed until next year summer.

Contact me via PM.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

was in Shanghai recently and went to DinLing sauna (775 Yanchang Zhong Lu - take train to Yanchang Lu station and walk 10min). Entry was cheap (10yuan I think)! And already in the changing/locker area, i knew things were going to be different than in S'pore saunas. Everyone in the changing area was naked, some changing, some smoking, and all checking each other out. I walked across the changing area into the shower area, whiich is quite large with a pool in the middle. Lots of naked people showering - i estimate about 80% were between 25-35, and from slim to stocky. Only about 20% are above 40 years, and chubby. Had a quick shower and entered the dark area on the same floor. Right away, a 40-something guy with fit bod held onto my cock, squatted and starting sucking me. As he was eating my cock, others came to watch us, and started to fondle both of us. The sucker kept telling others what a thick cock I have, and more people joined us. At one time, there were 3 guys squatting taking turns to blow me, while others were pinching my nipples and fingering my ass. I felt like a total slut with all the attention from half a dozen guys for more than 30mins. But before I could cum, another guy with a bigger cock walked in, and the rest left me and went to him instead. But all in, it was much less inhibited in DinLing than in saunas in S'pore!

Thank you very much HendryTan, for your posting on 鼎临, I followed closely to your guidings and found the place seamlessly.

It was a weekday, and the entrance fee was the same as what was stated by Hendry, but I was not asked to provide personal info. It is still necessary to tell the counter it is your first trip as they will need to make a membership card for you for your next visit. In any case, you will need to produce the card for entrance.

Personally I feel that the place is big and spacious, the furnishings are dated and will be good to manage your expectations and not to compare with those in Singapore. Good news is, for those who like china men, they are plentiful here. No caucasians during my visit, didn't spot any 6 pacs either.

You have to strip naked when entering the pool area. One staff was trying to solicit asking me to do scrub and massage, I told him I wish to walk around and maybe later. Another guy who was working his scrub on another patron saw me, and smiled. Later he approached me while I was having my dip in the pool, complimented my body and looks and offered to do scrub on me. He is quite good looking and hence I agreed, Haha... The scrub was RMB50 which I feel it is still worth paying for as i enjoyed that 20 mins of nice full body scrub, by a handsome looking chinese guy. It is done publicly at the side of the pool area. The warm water splashed onto my body gave me a good adrenaline push, after his sensual touch.... The scrub fee is payable upon leaving at the reception counter.

He tried hard to promote body massage, which I thought I should try since I am there. Massage is done on the second floor and he is dressed, house rules is no indecent acts and tipping is discouraged. It is done in closed door but there is a see-through glass window on the door, meant to keep indecent acts at bay. Honestly his skills was average, and certain strokes were meant to arouse. It is obvious that he is discreetly asking for tips repeatedly in his conversation. It is up individual if you do enjoy his services at the end. The 1 hour massage was RMB188 payable at the counter when you leave.

There is a small steam room and quite a big dark room at the pool area as well. Patrons lingering at the pool area, fully naked, will be going in and out these rooms. Inside the dark room is a very simple maze. Do be careful as the floor is wet. The pool area has a little smell which you will need to adapt to it.

There is a little gym but don't expect good equipments. Beside it is a table tennis room. The second floor are the massage rooms, and a vast rest area with many individual comfy sofa seats where you can lie comfortably and watch tv. Few guys were behaving intimately there, but do be mindful that there are many notices on the wall advising patrons to behave decently.

I would estimate that at any one time, there were about 20-30 guys around, given that I was there on a weekday from 3pm to about 6pm.

I will be in Shanghai mid Nov and I will be visiting this place again. I will be glad if anyone is there and keen to go together. It is a different experience afterall.

Edited by Netizen

Lots of naked people showering - i estimate about 80% were between 25-35, and from slim to stocky. Only about 20% are above 40 years, and chubby. Had a quick shower and entered the dark area on the same floor. Right away, a 40-something guy with fit bod held onto my cock, squatted and starting sucking me. As he was eating my cock, others came to watch us, and started to fondle both of us. The sucker kept telling others what a thick cock I have, and more people joined us. At one time, there were 3 guys squatting taking turns to blow me, while others were pinching my nipples and fingering my ass. I felt like a total slut with all the attention from half a dozen guys for more than 30mins. But before I could cum, another guy with a bigger cock walked in, and the rest left me and went to him instead. But all in, it was much less inhibited in DinLing than in saunas in S'pore!

is that so? i find 20% are younger than 35yo or slimmer or gym-bod! the rest are really old/chubbier etc

I must be blind when i visited ..

care to share more?

i didnt get to go to this,this is not a sauna right?

It's just a massage place.

They have 2 websites one English and another Chinese.

Was a little difficult to find as they were situated in one of the housing estates. Environment is ok but the selection is very limited much lesser than what was shown online.

I booked a 2 hr b2b. The room i was in was big and spacious with attached toilet, shower. Masseur was a slim guy tat seemed bored. He took a shower, went to toilet while I was waiting outside. Towels were mini. Actual massage was only about 1 hr. not fantastic. After tat he went to take a shower again while I was lying outside!! I initially tot there would be a 2nd part but when he came out he asked me to go shower. I was like.. Erm.. Is there anymore? He said tat's it... 2 hrs includes mine and his showering changing and all tat.. Big disappointment.. Didn't bother to tip him...

@daydreamerz

Omg! No wonder u were disappointed!

Maybe he s straight? Hence he appeared bored?

U should try to "complain" to the manager?

Did u come after his b2b massage? I tried in china, usu after one came, he will ask u to "resr" a while?

Its pricing is not too cheap too

Pmed u.. Lol..

Still looking for a better massage place..

U may want to try b2b at this place: www.ykspa.cc. It is at 806 Hu Tai Lu near Xin Chun Lu. It is located in a quite rundown local hotel (Li Ning jiu dian). Not so ex. CNY288 to CNY318 for b2b with jo.

Pmed u.. Lol..

Still looking for a better massage place..

For my own person experiences, have been to about 3 of them (private and/or in joint shop). ALL are very disappointing. They are not providing proper massages (not even proper b2b), they just want to have QUICKIES for additional costs.

For my own person experiences, have been to about 3 of them (private and/or in joint shop). ALL are very disappointing. They are not providing proper massages (not even proper b2b), they just want to have QUICKIES for additional costs

That s what i felt too....

Thanks.. Have u been there? Any particular masseurs to recommend?

Yup! You will sure get proper b2b and I have not encountered any of them pushing for extras.

Try 102. For other choices, ask the captain to recommend.

Yup! You will sure get proper b2b and I have not encountered any of them pushing for extras.

Try 102. For other choices, ask the captain to recommend.

They have moved. New location can be found on new website www.chaoyuespa.com.

I must say this was one of the best b2b massages I got so far!! I chose no.10. Masseur didn't look like the photo but was nevertheless cute.

No pushing for extras either... And they followed the timing they promised. Will definitely go back next trip!

Thanks George for recommending this place!!

• G_M changed the title to Shanghai ( China ) - Massage / Sauna / Places To Visit (Compiled)
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.