Male HQ

Open Club  ·  137 members

Gardening

Gardening Enthusiasts

Clickclock

I have no luck with LEDs either leaves turn yellow or nothing happens but I guess tat also cos i m unfamiliar with the usage. I read it surpose to emulate the sunlight so I gather have to turn on like 8 hrs or so. I usually only do 1-2 hrs since didn't want to incur so much electric bills. Still much prefer to let nature take it's course. 

5 hours ago, shyc said:

I have no luck with LEDs either leaves turn yellow or nothing happens but I guess tat also cos i m unfamiliar with the usage. I read it surpose to emulate the sunlight so I gather have to turn on like 8 hrs or so. I usually only do 1-2 hrs since didn't want to incur so much electric bills. Still much prefer to let nature take it's course. 

Are you using LED bulbs specifically meant for plants? These have different uv wavelength than the normal LED bulbs we use for regular lighting.

Plants are sensitive to different colours of light than the human eye. Compared to a regular light source, the LED cultivation bulb has another colour spectrum with more blue and red tones that help your plants grow and thrive.

Yes they are LEDs for plants. Special reddish hues. I think there are different hues for different functions such as growth or flowers, etc. In fact I had followed some YouTube whereby they actually place the lights directly over the top of the plants, I place mine are a distance for fear of 'burning' the plants.

2 hours ago, shyc said:

Yes they are LEDs for plants. Special reddish hues. I think there are different hues for different functions such as growth or flowers, etc. In fact I had followed some YouTube whereby they actually place the lights directly over the top of the plants, I place mine are a distance for fear of 'burning' the plants.

https://www.rabbitislandsg.com/product-page/ezygro-grow-lights

• 1 month later...

not sure did u notice, i sold all sort of products online, but when it comes to plant-related items

all those who got them from me are :

i) men

ii) all are bald/botak
(it cant be just coincidental)

worst, they come out with online name like muscular body or some strange names (i was expecting a lady to appear but but......)

the other non-plant items, none are men

this grp has bcome a closed grp UF , after having 25k members
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10217145331286144&set=pcb.1132545750231637&type=3&ifg=1

be creative, this shd be about using wood/tree branches/plant as decor too , not just about growing plants

On 6/25/2018 at 2:40 PM, Clickclock said:

oh this is Dendrobium Hibiki, if you are patient, you can just wait a few more weeks for SGF at Gardens by the bay.

They sell these at the Market place at lower prices since there's plenty of competition there. It gets even cheaper nearing the end of the festival.

wow clickcclock is back to the right pl

• 3 weeks later...
8 hours ago, crima said:

Anyone wants thai basil cuttings?

They are readily available in any Cold Storage, from Malaysia.

6 hours ago, Meneedyew said:

anyone knows where to buy fragrant orchids?

Buying is just pay money.

Taking good care of them until they bloom again is the tough part.

Not to mention the hybrids around, ever so vulnerable.

Remind me of SEX.

7 hours ago, wilfgene said:

They are readily available in any Cold Storage, from Malaysia.

Buying is just pay money.

Taking good care of them until they bloom again is the tough part.

Not to mention the hybrids around, ever so vulnerable.

Remind me of SEX.

omg ikr. you’re an orchid hobbyist too?

9 minutes ago, Meneedyew said:

omg ikr. you’re an orchid hobbyist too?

we are all hobbyists of plants here in this particular topic forum

and Singapore's national flower is orchid

taking care of orchids is always a challenge, pls do read up our previous sharings

14 hours ago, hike20s said:

Any plant lovers into exchanging plant cuttings or plants outing like going to hort park, gardens by the bay. 
I do have herbs and flowering plant cuttings to give away. Do pm me. 

I have:

- Mother-of-thousands

- Mother-in-law's tongue

- Money plants

if anybody wants. Interested in resilient, drought-resistant plants only :B)

11 hours ago, Coolbriz said:

Ops sorry.. Tilly is just short form of Tillandsia. Pups are the babies that appear after they bloomed :lol:

Ahhh...ok. I used to have a few different kinds but they all lasted several months, then didn't survive. Sortof found they needed considerable light, yet in extreme heat (which is our weather) tended to wither. I didn't spray/mist them enough, so required a bit more TLC than I had time for... :(

8 minutes ago, Cube3 said:

Ahhh...ok. I used to have a few different kinds but they all lasted several months, then didn't survive. Sortof found they needed considerable light, yet in extreme heat (which is our weather) tended to wither. I didn't spray/mist them enough, so required a bit more TLC than I had time for... :(

Ya I also didn’t manage to keep the more sophisticated ones alive except the T. ionantha that I find less fussy.. I’m thinking of creating a “micro-climate” of a variety of the Tillies in a tank with drift wood and see how they fare. 

Be cool, like a breeze...

15 hours ago, Nipoet said:

I know I don't have a green thumb, so I purposely bought a plant that I know won't die so easily.

But after a couple of months, I realise my "尖尖", i.e. cactus, seems to be growing bigger!

So happy!

Don't be too fast to judge. I tot the same too until when my cactus died too haha so anythg is possible when it comes to nature.

14 hours ago, shyc said:

Don't be too fast to judge. I tot the same too until when my cactus died too haha so anythg is possible when it comes to nature.

Roger!

Will make it a point to give it water weekly!

On 10/6/2018 at 9:42 AM, blowmenow said:

i hv aloe vera with different shade of green... i wonder if they are different variety of one is not healthy

anyone can help? thanks!

WhatsApp Image 2018-10-06 at 9.26.35 AM.jpeg

I believe the darker shade are the healthy ones. The lighter shade may be getting too much water and may be turning mushy and dying if not careful. I may be wrong thou. 

7 hours ago, shyc said:

I believe the darker shade are the healthy ones. The lighter shade may be getting too much water and may be turning mushy and dying if not careful. I may be wrong thou. 

@shyc Agree. It may be helpful to add a little nitrogen containing fertiliser to the pot. Something that contains nitrogen, potassium and phosphate. 

On 10/8/2018 at 11:58 AM, shyc said:

ok thanks! i will leave with less water for a while

On 10/6/2018 at 9:50 AM, blowmenow said:

one of my orchid leaf got sunburn (i think)

i was told to remove it but is it ok if i just leave it

no harm to the plant right?

it will nevr recover at that part, pls remove

7 minutes ago, bluerunner said:

Raining for the past few days. My young seedlings nd plants are looking sick! Sigh. 

u didnt get to keep them in time?

Some luv flooding theirs even though we reminded more than once

Edited by lovehandle

Hi I am new to gardening.

Attempted to grow lavender in those commerical ready to grow pot thing. The seedlings sprout but the leaves started turning brown and died. Removed all the dead plants and tried replanting but they dont grow any more. Not sure if the soil is "dirty".

Anyone know where to purchase soil for lavender seeds?

Thanks.