shyc Posted July 14, 2018 Posted July 14, 2018 I have no luck with LEDs either leaves turn yellow or nothing happens but I guess tat also cos i m unfamiliar with the usage. I read it surpose to emulate the sunlight so I gather have to turn on like 8 hrs or so. I usually only do 1-2 hrs since didn't want to incur so much electric bills. Still much prefer to let nature take it's course.
HanWuJi Posted July 14, 2018 Posted July 14, 2018 5 hours ago, shyc said: I have no luck with LEDs either leaves turn yellow or nothing happens but I guess tat also cos i m unfamiliar with the usage. I read it surpose to emulate the sunlight so I gather have to turn on like 8 hrs or so. I usually only do 1-2 hrs since didn't want to incur so much electric bills. Still much prefer to let nature take it's course. Are you using LED bulbs specifically meant for plants? These have different uv wavelength than the normal LED bulbs we use for regular lighting. Plants are sensitive to different colours of light than the human eye. Compared to a regular light source, the LED cultivation bulb has another colour spectrum with more blue and red tones that help your plants grow and thrive. wilfgene and bluerunner 1 1
shyc Posted July 14, 2018 Posted July 14, 2018 Yes they are LEDs for plants. Special reddish hues. I think there are different hues for different functions such as growth or flowers, etc. In fact I had followed some YouTube whereby they actually place the lights directly over the top of the plants, I place mine are a distance for fear of 'burning' the plants.
deathblade88 Posted July 14, 2018 Posted July 14, 2018 2 hours ago, shyc said: Yes they are LEDs for plants. Special reddish hues. I think there are different hues for different functions such as growth or flowers, etc. In fact I had followed some YouTube whereby they actually place the lights directly over the top of the plants, I place mine are a distance for fear of 'burning' the plants. https://www.rabbitislandsg.com/product-page/ezygro-grow-lights
lw_guy Posted July 15, 2018 Posted July 15, 2018 https://www.singaporegardenfestival.com/Plan-your-visit/Ticketing Singapore garden fest is coming again if anyone is interested wilfgene 1
bluerunner Posted July 15, 2018 Posted July 15, 2018 Last evening’s heavy rain with strong wind almost killed my plant. Got to skip my gym this morning to clear the mess. Hopefully my plant will survive.
lovehandle Posted September 7, 2018 Posted September 7, 2018 not sure did u notice, i sold all sort of products online, but when it comes to plant-related items all those who got them from me are : i) men ii) all are bald/botak (it cant be just coincidental) worst, they come out with online name like muscular body or some strange names (i was expecting a lady to appear but but......) the other non-plant items, none are men this grp has bcome a closed grp UF , after having 25k membershttps://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10217145331286144&set=pcb.1132545750231637&type=3&ifg=1 be creative, this shd be about using wood/tree branches/plant as decor too , not just about growing plants Since u r here 1
lovehandle Posted September 7, 2018 Posted September 7, 2018 On 6/25/2018 at 2:40 PM, Clickclock said: oh this is Dendrobium Hibiki, if you are patient, you can just wait a few more weeks for SGF at Gardens by the bay. They sell these at the Market place at lower prices since there's plenty of competition there. It gets even cheaper nearing the end of the festival. wow clickcclock is back to the right pl
Meneedyew Posted September 24, 2018 Posted September 24, 2018 anyone knows where to buy fragrant orchids?
wilfgene Posted September 24, 2018 Posted September 24, 2018 8 hours ago, crima said: Anyone wants thai basil cuttings? They are readily available in any Cold Storage, from Malaysia. 6 hours ago, Meneedyew said: anyone knows where to buy fragrant orchids? Buying is just pay money. Taking good care of them until they bloom again is the tough part. Not to mention the hybrids around, ever so vulnerable. Remind me of SEX. Since u r here 1
Meneedyew Posted September 25, 2018 Posted September 25, 2018 7 hours ago, wilfgene said: They are readily available in any Cold Storage, from Malaysia. Buying is just pay money. Taking good care of them until they bloom again is the tough part. Not to mention the hybrids around, ever so vulnerable. Remind me of SEX. omg ikr. you’re an orchid hobbyist too?
lovehandle Posted September 25, 2018 Posted September 25, 2018 9 minutes ago, Meneedyew said: omg ikr. you’re an orchid hobbyist too? we are all hobbyists of plants here in this particular topic forum and Singapore's national flower is orchid taking care of orchids is always a challenge, pls do read up our previous sharings
Meneedyew Posted September 25, 2018 Posted September 25, 2018 1 hour ago, -Ignored- said: we are all hobbyists of plants here in this particular topic forum and Singapore's national flower is orchid taking care of orchids is always a challenge, pls do read up our previous sharings omg ok!!!!! thanks!!!!
hike20s Posted September 26, 2018 Posted September 26, 2018 Any plant lovers into exchanging plant cuttings or plants outing like going to hort park, gardens by the bay. I do have herbs and flowering plant cuttings to give away. Do pm me.
wilfgene Posted September 26, 2018 Posted September 26, 2018 On 9/25/2018 at 10:03 AM, -Ignored- said: and Singapore's national flower is orchid A particular hybrid on the way of degeneration.
Cube3 Posted September 27, 2018 Posted September 27, 2018 14 hours ago, hike20s said: Any plant lovers into exchanging plant cuttings or plants outing like going to hort park, gardens by the bay. I do have herbs and flowering plant cuttings to give away. Do pm me. I have: - Mother-of-thousands - Mother-in-law's tongue - Money plants if anybody wants. Interested in resilient, drought-resistant plants only Coolbriz 1
Coolbriz Posted September 27, 2018 Posted September 27, 2018 Anyone got Tilly pups to give away Be cool, like a breeze...
Cube3 Posted September 29, 2018 Posted September 29, 2018 On 9/27/2018 at 1:51 PM, Coolbriz said: Anyone got Tilly pups to give away What are tilly pups? I googled and got pics of otters...
Coolbriz Posted September 29, 2018 Posted September 29, 2018 7 minutes ago, Cube3 said: What are tilly pups? I googled and got pics of otters... Ops sorry.. Tilly is just short form of Tillandsia. Pups are the babies that appear after they bloomed Be cool, like a breeze...
Cube3 Posted September 30, 2018 Posted September 30, 2018 11 hours ago, Coolbriz said: Ops sorry.. Tilly is just short form of Tillandsia. Pups are the babies that appear after they bloomed Ahhh...ok. I used to have a few different kinds but they all lasted several months, then didn't survive. Sortof found they needed considerable light, yet in extreme heat (which is our weather) tended to wither. I didn't spray/mist them enough, so required a bit more TLC than I had time for...
Coolbriz Posted September 30, 2018 Posted September 30, 2018 8 minutes ago, Cube3 said: Ahhh...ok. I used to have a few different kinds but they all lasted several months, then didn't survive. Sortof found they needed considerable light, yet in extreme heat (which is our weather) tended to wither. I didn't spray/mist them enough, so required a bit more TLC than I had time for... Ya I also didn’t manage to keep the more sophisticated ones alive except the T. ionantha that I find less fussy.. I’m thinking of creating a “micro-climate” of a variety of the Tillies in a tank with drift wood and see how they fare. Be cool, like a breeze...
Nipoet Posted September 30, 2018 Posted September 30, 2018 I know I don't have a green thumb, so I purposely bought a plant that I know won't die so easily. But after a couple of months, I realise my "尖尖", i.e. cactus, seems to be growing bigger! So happy! lovehandle 1
lovehandle Posted September 30, 2018 Posted September 30, 2018 2 minutes ago, Nipoet said: this is quite big!
lovehandle Posted September 30, 2018 Posted September 30, 2018 https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10157969128544782&set=pcb.1145610618925150&type=3&__tn__=HH-R&eid=ARCT6q6IU1hVY-z7_KYzNJIfue26uWKxmxB8ocIOgPdRK1SmH6EpxAnQukXhHz02uk31MTWHyUt3B0DN if u r in the urban farmer group, u can view
Sh3rlock Posted September 30, 2018 Posted September 30, 2018 The joy I took from my spring garden while traveling in Africa was immense Livingstone daisies or as we call them “bok baai vygies” Coolbriz 1
Sh3rlock Posted September 30, 2018 Posted September 30, 2018 (edited) My Strelitzia.... Edited October 8, 2018 by Sh3rlock Coolbriz 1
Sh3rlock Posted September 30, 2018 Posted September 30, 2018 (edited) And finally, my Clivia.... Edited October 8, 2018 by Sh3rlock shyc 1
shyc Posted September 30, 2018 Posted September 30, 2018 15 hours ago, Nipoet said: I know I don't have a green thumb, so I purposely bought a plant that I know won't die so easily. But after a couple of months, I realise my "尖尖", i.e. cactus, seems to be growing bigger! So happy! Don't be too fast to judge. I tot the same too until when my cactus died too haha so anythg is possible when it comes to nature.
Nipoet Posted October 1, 2018 Posted October 1, 2018 14 hours ago, shyc said: Don't be too fast to judge. I tot the same too until when my cactus died too haha so anythg is possible when it comes to nature. Roger! Will make it a point to give it water weekly!
Rice60640 Posted October 2, 2018 Posted October 2, 2018 On 9/30/2018 at 10:50 PM, Sh3rlock said: And finally, my Clivia.... Clivia is in Singapore? How you grow?
blowmenow Posted October 6, 2018 Posted October 6, 2018 On 9/30/2018 at 10:39 PM, Sh3rlock said: My Strelitzia.... Bird of paradise! this is beautiful! Sh3rlock 1
blowmenow Posted October 6, 2018 Posted October 6, 2018 i hv aloe vera with different shade of green... i wonder if they are different variety of one is not healthy anyone can help? thanks!
blowmenow Posted October 6, 2018 Posted October 6, 2018 one of my orchid leaf got sunburn (i think) i was told to remove it but is it ok if i just leave it no harm to the plant right?
Sh3rlock Posted October 6, 2018 Posted October 6, 2018 On 10/2/2018 at 11:01 AM, Rice60640 said: Clivia is in Singapore? How you grow? @Rice60640 No, this is in the highveld in my garden in Africa. Not sure they will like the tropical hot humid weather here.
Rice60640 Posted October 8, 2018 Posted October 8, 2018 On 10/6/2018 at 12:43 PM, Sh3rlock said: @Rice60640 No, this is in the highveld in my garden in Africa. Not sure they will like the tropical hot humid weather here. Oh. I thought you had magic fingers. Sigh. Miss my yellow.
Rice60640 Posted October 8, 2018 Posted October 8, 2018 On 10/6/2018 at 9:50 AM, blowmenow said: one of my orchid leaf got sunburn (i think) i was told to remove it but is it ok if i just leave it no harm to the plant right? Leave it, no harm done. Cutting may introduce other problems if not sterilized properly. blowmenow 1
bluerunner Posted October 8, 2018 Posted October 8, 2018 Been sunny for the past 2weeks. Good for plant. Nevertheless, my Marigold is just not blooming.
shyc Posted October 8, 2018 Posted October 8, 2018 On 10/6/2018 at 9:42 AM, blowmenow said: i hv aloe vera with different shade of green... i wonder if they are different variety of one is not healthy anyone can help? thanks! I believe the darker shade are the healthy ones. The lighter shade may be getting too much water and may be turning mushy and dying if not careful. I may be wrong thou. Cube3, Sh3rlock and blowmenow 2 1
Sh3rlock Posted October 8, 2018 Posted October 8, 2018 7 hours ago, shyc said: I believe the darker shade are the healthy ones. The lighter shade may be getting too much water and may be turning mushy and dying if not careful. I may be wrong thou. @shyc Agree. It may be helpful to add a little nitrogen containing fertiliser to the pot. Something that contains nitrogen, potassium and phosphate. blowmenow and Cumkl 1 1
blowmenow Posted October 9, 2018 Posted October 9, 2018 On 10/8/2018 at 9:04 AM, Rice60640 said: Leave it, no harm done. Cutting may introduce other problems if not sterilized properly. thanks! dats what i thought...
blowmenow Posted October 9, 2018 Posted October 9, 2018 On 10/8/2018 at 11:58 AM, shyc said: I believe the darker shade are the healthy ones. The lighter shade may be getting too much water and may be turning mushy and dying if not careful. I may be wrong thou. ok thanks! i will leave with less water for a while
blowmenow Posted October 9, 2018 Posted October 9, 2018 22 hours ago, Sh3rlock said: @shyc Agree. It may be helpful to add a little nitrogen containing fertiliser to the pot. Something that contains nitrogen, potassium and phosphate. ok will try it too. thanks!
lovehandle Posted October 9, 2018 Posted October 9, 2018 On 10/6/2018 at 9:50 AM, blowmenow said: one of my orchid leaf got sunburn (i think) i was told to remove it but is it ok if i just leave it no harm to the plant right? it will nevr recover at that part, pls remove
lovehandle Posted October 12, 2018 Posted October 12, 2018 U can never imagine even that can earn u a reputation or income https://www.sgsme.sg/cn/sme-interview/story20181011-13855
bluerunner Posted October 14, 2018 Posted October 14, 2018 Raining for the past few days. My young seedlings nd plants are looking sick! Sigh.
lovehandle Posted October 14, 2018 Posted October 14, 2018 (edited) 7 minutes ago, bluerunner said: Raining for the past few days. My young seedlings nd plants are looking sick! Sigh. u didnt get to keep them in time? Some luv flooding theirs even though we reminded more than once Edited October 14, 2018 by lovehandle
lovehandle Posted October 18, 2018 Posted October 18, 2018 anyone following?? they teach how to use plants to make tea or spices toohttps://video.toggle.sg/en/series/city-foragers/ep1/641054 KentaArt 1
dreamerSG Posted October 19, 2018 Posted October 19, 2018 Hi I am new to gardening. Attempted to grow lavender in those commerical ready to grow pot thing. The seedlings sprout but the leaves started turning brown and died. Removed all the dead plants and tried replanting but they dont grow any more. Not sure if the soil is "dirty". Anyone know where to purchase soil for lavender seeds? Thanks.
Recommended Posts