Male HQ

Bangkok ( Thailand ) - Massage / Sauna Compiled)

GachiMuchi

Enelym78, I am going there next week. What are your recommendations for massages (clean ones)? Thanks.

Hi Dragion, I will also be in BKK next week! Woo hoo  :) For my past many trips, I only go to BodyTune at Silom just outside Sala Deang BTS stn. Slightly more expensive than HealthLand. But more zen and peaceful. BodyTune mostly lady masseurs. Hope to get 2 massage sessions in for this coming trip!

Koh Samui, I need u...

Wah. U go to farose somemore. Which one u go? I or iI? I been there once. it is really far from downtown. The whole place look like a haunted mansion and most facilities is not maintain well but it is a big mansion with pool with garden and during weekend it got big cock night (supernatural huge!) 90% is thai and I believe 50% is college student. The crowd is huge during midnight. 200baht for entrance fee and free drink and buffet local thai food.

Due to communication problem. Those thai guy seem like too shy to approached me.

Finally got an young lecturer from chiangmai who can speak minimum english at skin hall. Having fun for almost 2 hour with him. Such a wonderful time with him. I definitely visit him chiangmai coming November. Cant wait.

Ya. I prefer go to Thai places . I went to farose 1 and 2 . Ya . Haunted house is more interesting . Edited by yandao

Guest hausanzai

Hi. Im going to bkk on 25th oct. Im planning to stay in Sukhumvit area and its a few mins walk away from terminal 21. Im also thinking of taking the airport express train and stop at makkasan station. Anyone here been to bangkok in recent months n hv took the express train n stop at makkasan stn? If so, i wanna know if there is a bridge for me to transfer from makkasan stn to petchaburi mrt stn?

Roughly How long to walk from makkasan to phetchaburi mrt? Guess i will be lugging my luggage that day

A short walk.  The skywalk is convenient towards the MRT.

BTW, which hotel will you be checking in?

Click Here To Visit My Blog @ "The Blessed Life"

*Let me live my life to be an instrument of 'Love', in how I speak and in how I see others*

- May there be Love and Peace beyond all understanding -

Guest hausanzai

A short walk. The skywalk is convenient towards the MRT.

BTW, which hotel will you be checking in?

i will be staying at key bangkok hotel, 3 min walk from T21

i will be staying at key bangkok hotel, 3 min walk from T21

Err, I think it takes more than 3 mins. :)  Nonetheless, it is still a good short walking distance from Sukhumvit MRT.

Ever thought of taking taxi from the Airport?  All in, including toll and surcharge, would be less than Baht 500.

*Let me live my life to be an instrument of 'Love', in how I speak and in how I see others*

Guest hausanzai

Err, I think it takes more than 3 mins. :) Nonetheless, it is still a good short walking distance from Sukhumvit MRT.

Ever thought of taking taxi from the Airport? All in, including toll and surcharge, would be less than Baht 500.

nah not taking cab at all. Afterall, the train ticket will cost at most 150Baht for return tickets from airport to phaya thai

Guest hausanzai

Err, I think it takes more than 3 mins. :) Nonetheless, it is still a good short walking distance from Sukhumvit MRT.

Ever thought of taking taxi from the Airport? All in, including toll and surcharge, would be less than Baht 500.

if take cab, i will need to pay 250 baht as there are only 2 of us

if take cab, i will need to pay 250 baht as there are only 2 of us

If really on a budget and have the time, you can take the city train instead of the express. The city train takes 30 mins, the express half that. The city train will cost 50baht, stopping at Makkasan.

Guest hausanzai

If really on a budget and have the time, you can take the city train instead of the express. The city train takes 30 mins, the express half that. The city train will cost 50baht, stopping at Makkasan.

oh thats nice and cheap.

But again, assuming im taking express train from airport to phaya thai station, it will cost 150baht and its a two way ticket, so on average it cost only 75baht per way, since its an express service (16min ride), so why not? :)

Guest hausanzai

thanks dude!

Btw Chinatown will be part of my itinerary in my coming trip. My hotel is near to Sukhumvit Mrt stn so im thinking to take Mrt to Hua Lamphong station as its the nearest mrt stn to Chinatown. Can advise me if its within walking distance or i still have to take cab from hua lamphong stn? Its not my first time to bkk but hv nvr been to chinatown on my previous trip.

Also what are the must-try snacks if im going to Chinatown?

Guest hausanzai
thanks dude!

Btw Chinatown will be part of my itinerary in my coming trip. My hotel is near to Sukhumvit Mrt stn so im thinking to take Mrt to Hua Lamphong station as its the nearest mrt stn to Chinatown. Can advise me if its within walking distance or i still have to take cab from hua lamphong stn? Its not my first time to bkk but hv nvr been to chinatown on my previous trip.

thanks dude!

Wow, strange timing cos I am reading about that on the net too.

http://www.bangkok.com/chinatown/review.htm

Have a look. Suggestion is to take a boat to Hua Lamphong and from there walk. Am sure the train is ok too. My experience is that lots of tuk tuks and taxis do not like going to Chinatown as there are major traffic jams there. Get a map or mind map the area - I lost my brearings walking around and in the end had to walk some distance before even seeing a cab to flag down. Also, read about the food - I am not game enough to try the street food served there. Hopefully you are going with friends - you wont be able to order a variety of dishes if you are there alone.

No, it is not 'within walking distance'.  Once you are out of Hua Lamphong Station, just take the tuk-tuk or taxi, if available.  Usually, they are waiting for customers.  Getting out of Chinatown can be quite a hassle too.  Usually taxi won't pick passengers back to town.  If this happen, take tuk-tuk to head back to Hua Lamphong station.

There are lotsa eateries in Chinatown.  Not sure about your budget, but you can try the bird nest and sharkfin - either @ Nam Sing or Scala.

Guest hausanzai

No, it is not 'within walking distance'. Once you are out of Hua Lamphong Station, just take the tuk-tuk or taxi, if available. Usually, they are waiting for customers. Getting out of Chinatown can be quite a hassle too. Usually taxi won't pick passengers back to town. If this happen, take tuk-tuk to head back to Hua Lamphong station.

There are lotsa eateries in Chinatown. Not sure about your budget, but you can try the bird nest and sharkfin - either @ Nam Sing or Scala.

thanks for the useful info dude :)

Guest hausanzai

No, it is not 'within walking distance'. Once you are out of Hua Lamphong Station, just take the tuk-tuk or taxi, if available. Usually, they are waiting for customers. Getting out of Chinatown can be quite a hassle too. Usually taxi won't pick passengers back to town. If this happen, take tuk-tuk to head back to Hua Lamphong station.

There are lotsa eateries in Chinatown. Not sure about your budget, but you can try the bird nest and sharkfin - either @ Nam Sing or Scala.

This link - ChinaTown Bangkok; Everthing You Need To Know About Bangkok Chinatown might give you some insight.

Happy Holidays, Hausanzai!

No, it is not 'within walking distance'.  Once you are out of Hua Lamphong Station, just take the tuk-tuk or taxi, if available.  Usually, they are waiting for customers.  Getting out of Chinatown can be quite a hassle too.  Usually taxi won't pick passengers back to town.  If this happen, take tuk-tuk to head back to Hua Lamphong station.

There are lotsa eateries in Chinatown.  Not sure about your budget, but you can try the bird nest and sharkfin - either @ Nam Sing or Scala.

I walked from the mrt station into chinatown for the T&K seafood. I think that is quite good and reasonably priced. if you read in tripadvisor.com on comments for this place, the complaints are the cleanliness and crowd. 

My advice is dont think too much on the cleanliness. and go early about 6pm when it is opened. the crowd is less at that time.

but be careful  of your bearing. else you will end up some other places. the other thing is construction activities at the intersection. it could be a bit confusing. but it is definitely within walking distance for me.

Haha, support their One Tambon One Product (OTOP) project.

oh thats nice and cheap.

But again, assuming im taking express train from airport to phaya thai station, it will cost 150baht and its a two way ticket, so on average it cost only 75baht per way, since its an express service (16min ride), so why not? :)

You just need to know that the express service only runs twice per hour. So make sure you ask the guys near the ticket machines to know when the next express train leaves. No point waiting half an hour to, in the end, lose time...

Taxi from airport including tolls up to Silom is roughly 250-300 baht max.

Back from Silom to airport is 250 including tolls.

You just need to know that the express service only runs twice per hour. So make sure you ask the guys near the ticket machines to know when the next express train leaves. No point waiting half an hour to, in the end, lose time...

Taxi from airport including tolls up to Silom is roughly 250-300 baht max.

Back from Silom to airport is 250 including tolls.

I think there is also an airport surchage of 70 baht.

From where you will be staying, you might want to try taking the BTS towards Thong Lor Station and exit at E6.  The street food here - it is more like a small food court but open air - is worth the travel.  Try their pork satay - yummy, phad thai and the wanton noodle with crab meat.  Prices are reasonably cheap.  Open till midnight (perhaps, past midnight too).

I think there is also an airport surchage of 70 baht.

Yes, that's why it's a bit more expensive out of the airport. I've never paid more than 250 for the return, from Silom, so you should be good with max 350 from the airport.

Some ask for 400 or 500 flat from downtown to the airport.... you should just flag one that agrees to put the meter on.

And even with the meter on, once, the driver turned off the meter half way to the airport... and said "how much you want to give?". That was a dumb question, I said: 250, that's what I pay usually, not my first time in BKK." And he insisted it was not enough so I just sat there and talk it out... he doesn't like losing time anyway and Thai taxi drivers are usually not that aggressive or pushy, relatively easy to talk them out of it, as long as you know your fares.

Yes, that's why it's a bit more expensive out of the airport. I've never paid more than 250 for the return, from Silom, so you should be good with max 350 from the airport.

Some ask for 400 or 500 flat from downtown to the airport.... you should just flag one that agrees to put the meter on.

And even with the meter on, once, the driver turned off the meter half way to the airport... and said "how much you want to give?". That was a dumb question, I said: 250, that's what I pay usually, not my first time in BKK." And he insisted it was not enough so I just sat there and talk it out... he doesn't like losing time anyway and Thai taxi drivers are usually not that aggressive or pushy, relatively easy to talk them out of it, as long as you know your fares.

Ooo~ thanks for the info!

This is very typical story.  A lady friend together with her friends took a taxi from the airport.  All was well .. the usual arrangement where passengers were to pay for surcharge and toll and the fare would be based on the meter.

Half way on the highway, driver said the meter kaput.  My friend insisted that they were to be sent back to the airport!  Somehow, with her gungho attitude, the meter worked again!  LOL.

Another story .. my nephew and his friends (in their early 20s) took a taxi.  Same old trick, half way driver insisted that meter kaput.  All these timid youngster didn't know how to react and had to pay 1,000 baht just to reach their hotel at Sathorn area.

Moral of the story, be a smart traveler.  Always insist that you are a regular to BKK, even if you have to lie about it.  Having shared it, there are many more honest drivers, so not to worry too much.

• G_M changed the title to Bangkok ( Thailand ) - Massage / Sauna Compiled)
  • G_M locked this topic
  • G_M unlocked this topic
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.