Male HQ

National Day Parade Discussion - NDP Songs from 2012 - Present (compiled)

Guest Guest

Change song title, too military. A nation's call? or just WE - a nation's dream

Maybe they should do a different musical arrangement.

1st, change the atmospheric intro to acoustic harp, with deep cello bass

2nd sans the marching band, put in a more modern & pop percussion, up the tempo

3rd Chorus ...... Singapore X3 should pick up with more passion, more arousing. Add horns to string section. Intead of using timpani, try taiko drum.

4th Soft ending - fade off with a solo oboe.

Redo the video

Film the officer in civilian in a more natural & accessible setting - with family/individual/with friends, watersporting(navy), skydiving(airforce), etc at all the latest attractions , RWS, mbs harbour front/park/skypark/flyer, etc. Then list their title after each shot. This would ease them & help them connect to the viewers.

Watching the video hearing them sing, definitely not gay.

They looked very uncomfortable as if kenna force to sing with rifle pointed behind(like my PC used to do to force me to finish 2.4km). hehe.

They also know that once this video is out, they sure kenna jabbed by their peers.

Now I want to recycle myself & go back to reservist & hope to serve under the following officer:

1. col roland ng - tall & cute, mid 40s?

2. maj keneth chong - manly , virile, late 30s?

3. Trainer Phew Peng Sim? Andrew Koh? - young one, looks like jap & korea, cute/handsome, late 20s?early 30s

After much thot, I would opt for no.3

Ha ha.. liked the part where they showed Nee Soon :) Heh.

Well, why ask army people sing? Ain't Army people for defending our country and implementing advanced technologies etc... Lols

Singers should Sing. Soldiers should Soldi. :ph34r:

Guest Lemoneddy

haha. March in song this year. hear it until damn sian liao as am a marshaller this year. hahas. its funny to see my comd dag and my CO sing.

Guest LemonEddy

anywaes. guys chill. the actual march in song if im not wrong is sang by the participants from the contingent. this is just an effort by the parade committee.

1. col roland ng - tall & cute, mid 40s?

2. maj keneth chong - manly , virile, late 30s?

3. Trainer Phew Peng Sim? Andrew Koh? - young one, looks like jap & korea, cute/handsome, late 20s?early 30s

After much thot, I would opt for no.3

lol col roland - late 30s. maj kenneth - mid 30s. not sure about the rest haha..

Guest Guest

haha. March in song this year. hear it until damn sian liao as am a marshaller this year. hahas. its funny to see my comd dag and my CO sing.

they sang like they just came out of the loo after lao xia. No projection, emotion. The only one who made an effort is the specky guys & his pitch is almost perfect. He must play some musical instrument. Must go for some voice coaching before shooting the video lah.

well i don't think it's this year's song. i certainly hope not. and before we all lamblast how horrible the singing is, let's not forget that they aren't professionals...and just take this video lightly...

suffering from secondhand embarrassment though, cause i know about half of those featured in the video..

Too bad.... http://sg.news.yahoo...arks-buzz-.html

New NDP song sparks buzz

By Kai Fong | Yahoo! Newsroom – 17 hours ago

National Day Parade (NDP) is just around the corner and you know what that means – that’s right, a new NDP song.

This time, a music video of a new NDP ceremonial song composed and sung by senior army officers has drawn both fans and critics alike.

Titled “A Nation’s March”, the three-minute video is meant to introduce key members of the NDP 2012 Parade and Ceremony committee as they sing along to a song which will accompany the marching contingents from the Military, Home Team, Uniformed Youth Organisations and civilian contingents as they march onto the floating platform at Marina Bay on August 9 this year.

But while the original song seems to have struck a chord with some Singaporeans, the music video also has its fair share of detractors for its off-key vocals.

Since it was posted on YouTube last Wednesday, the video has clocked over 31,000 views and garnered some 290 ‘dislikes’. The number of ‘likes’ trailed closely behind at 270.

“It’s embarrassing to show our military officers like this,” commented YouTube user JonE23.

“The guys in this video are soldiers, and I'm sure they're good ones... Let them be soldiers. Don't choose them to do something like this that they are obviously neither trained nor proficient at.”

Lipsynchapore added, “This video is totally disrespectful to music and singing. And to think the government paid for this. For goodness sake, let the singers sing, and the soldiers protect the country.”

Other internet users, however, applauded the soldiers’ efforts and courage to “sing for their country” despite knowing they are not pitch perfect.

“For a military commander to step forward to sing for his country even though he knows that he may humiliate himself on the Internet takes courage. And this is the value we see in all the soldiers who defend our country,” wrote a user by the name of BananaSquare.

Said KuonKyoko, “Even if the people singing in here might not be good, they tried their best. This song is composed and sung by fellow Singaporeans, which give us a sense of home.”

Another added that he “felt warm inside” after watching the music video as he could feel the soldiers’ love for their nation.

A separate behind-the-scenes video that was uploaded to YouTube showed Lieutenant Colonel (NS) Clarence Tan, the parade commander, and Military Expert 5 Philip Tng sharing some of the difficulties the group faced while recording the song.

“To just sing a verse itself is not easy… just waiting for your turn, and coming in and singing at the correct pitch (is not easy),” revealed Tng, chairman of the band and also a musical conductor.

Tan added, “(There were) a lot of challenges for today because if you look at us, we are not singers.”

“But it’s a fun session for all,” he said. “Everybody enjoyed it even though it’s complicated for us.”

Commented another YouTube user liftlives, “They can't sing, but if they can fight, I'm satisfied. Singapore's too concerned with excellence anyway, why not appreciate the fact that they bothered to make an mv to show their love for their nation?”

This is not the first time an NDP video has sparked debate. Last year, the NDP "Fun Pack song" sung to the tune of a Lady Gaga hit was scrapped at the last minute due to copyright issues.

Edited by qedcwc

"You like who you like lah. Who cares if someone likes the other someone because of their race? It's when they hate them. That's the problem."

Orked (acted by Sharifah Amani) in SEPET (2004, directed by Yasmin Ahmad)

Three "can't" of Singaporean.

1. Cook

2. Swim

3. Sing

Is that true?

Try watching the TV and tell me if No. 1 is true.

Try going to the swimming pool and tell me if No. 2 is true

Try listening to the radio and tell me if No. 3 is true.

"You like who you like lah. Who cares if someone likes the other someone because of their race? It's when they hate them. That's the problem."

Orked (acted by Sharifah Amani) in SEPET (2004, directed by Yasmin Ahmad)

We have had enough of people saying Singapore has no talent. This MV is not doing Singapore any favour and having it shown to the world on national day is a complete disaster. Our multi million dollars National Day parade, can't they even afford a lady gaga or anyone from the The American idols to do us something decent?

seriously whats wrong

Erotictales really a loser, Dandriel already took a step back and he claims he is "taking any speech on a personal level" whatever that is... seriously "getting yourself some better english first" dude.

Aniway, yes we are a nation of complainers. Can you guys even sing before you complain? No.

Things break down all the time, I maintain my car all year round, but it still breaks down. Things happen... So you think u can run a train system better? Please pick up the challenge.

Though I do agree that they need autotune at least. But hey its difficult to please.

If you do as per usual, pple will say "not another regular NDP song"

When you do a not regular one... like 2009? Pple complain not nice

If you do just another song by another professional, pple complain not in touch with the ground and no meaning with the people

if you do one like that sung by regular joes, pple complain again

maybe Erotictales can do his own homemade ndp video n submit it, post it here, and let us judge.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

AJ meants Awesome Job !

Nice touch to 'AJ' from an AJ to an AJ hehehehehehe

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

善待对人。麻烦用英文来表达信息。不是每个人都会看的懂中文 “People need to learn the art of making an argument. Often there is no

right or wrong. It's just your opinion vs someone else's opinion. How you deliver that opinion could make the difference between opening a mind,

changing an opinion or shutting the door. Sometimes folk just don't know when they've "argued" enough. Learn when to shut up."

― J'son M. Lee 

Guest sg.dude87

If anyone is interested in grabbing all the NDP songs (past and present), here is the download link: http://bit.ly/NDP2012songs

Singapore NDP Songs 2012.zip - 431MB

Includes all national day songs since 1984, all songs found on NDP 2012 website, and a few extras.

Feel free to share the link - it's public.

Edited by sg.dude87

• 11 months later...
Guest Guest

was watching NDP on tv and felt that the front segment (pre-parade & parade) was quite badly done this year. background music not good, rather disorganised, no hype and excitement and the emcees were a letdown. and the red lions' parachute jump was cancelled, quite disappointing.

but....the 'show' part was quite okay....and meaningful. normally i would have skipped this part but i managed to watch thru it tonight.

overall, i think this year's NDP is one of the worst as compared to all previous years.

Guest stressful

was watching NDP on tv and felt that the front segment (pre-parade & parade) was quite badly done this year. background music not good, rather disorganised, no hype and excitement and the emcees were a letdown. and the red lions' parachute jump was cancelled, quite disappointing.

but....the 'show' part was quite okay....and meaningful. normally i would have skipped this part but i managed to watch thru it tonight.

overall, i think this year's NDP is one of the worst as compared to all previous years.

I didn't watch at all. Bringing work home to do, thus no mood and no time.

Was at 1-altitude. The fireworks suck.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

善待对人。麻烦用英文来表达信息。不是每个人都会看的懂中文 “People need to learn the art of making an argument. Often there is no

right or wrong. It's just your opinion vs someone else's opinion. How you deliver that opinion could make the difference between opening a mind,

changing an opinion or shutting the door. Sometimes folk just don't know when they've "argued" enough. Learn when to shut up."

― J'son M. Lee 

it looked like it was about to rain during the show...but luckily it didn't, though the much anticipated red lions parachute fall was eventually cancelled..

let us think...if halfway through the show it suddenly poured really heavily with lightning and thunder, would the performance still carry on or would everybody just simply dispersed??? this is a test of singaporeans' unity.

The NDP is an effort for the peasant Sporeans; to keep them loving Spore in the way that the government wants them to.  And keeping Sporeans conservative.

It is not that I do not love Spore.  When LKY appeared, everyone stood up and clapped.  That was a sign of respect pple has for him as the father of modern Spore.  Despite whatever otherwise that pple want to say.

But what made me puke is when they intro the 2 top-gun army guys, they had to bring in their families, showing the typical family of 4, loving, wholesome and supportive.  O come on. Talking about a inclusive society here, why must they make it look as tho these chaps are all so loving and all, when behind their wives, so many men are receiving BJs from other women?

Guest Guest

But what made me puke is when they intro the 2 top-gun army guys, they had to bring in their families, showing the typical family of 4, loving, wholesome and supportive.  O come on. Talking about a inclusive society here, why must they make it look as tho these chaps are all so loving and all, when behind their wives, so many men are receiving BJs from other women?

when they go overseas exercises, and especially during R&R, all hell break loose :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

but anyway, its just intro their families only lah

Guest 1 see pictures

Any of their pictures to share?

this baey yam keng wear until so hip to ndp today, i always wonder why is he not gay :P

Tan Chuan-JIn wear T-shirt, guess trying to look cute. :unsure:

he wore the same thing as teo ser luck. maybe both fuck buddies? :lol:

But what made me puke is when they intro the 2 top-gun army guys, they had to bring in their families, showing the typical family of 4, loving, wholesome and supportive. O come on. Talking about a inclusive society here, why must they make it look as tho these chaps are all so loving and all, when behind their wives, so many men are receiving BJs from other women?

R u expecting ndp to feature their bfs or fbs? :P

The NDP is an effort for the peasant Sporeans; to keep them loving Spore in the way that the government wants them to. And keeping Sporeans conservative.

It is not that I do not love Spore. When LKY appeared, everyone stood up and clapped. That was a sign of respect pple has for him as the father of modern Spore. Despite whatever otherwise that pple want to say.

But what made me puke is when they intro the 2 top-gun army guys, they had to bring in their families, showing the typical family of 4, loving, wholesome and supportive. O come on. Talking about a inclusive society here, why must they make it look as tho these chaps are all so loving and all, when behind their wives, so many men are receiving BJs from other women?

It's also a proud time for this two guys, nothing wrong in including their families. If these guys have a 3rd child, do u think Selena tan will tell them to leave that child out?

Come on, peasant singaporeans? Have some respect for your countrymen. Nit everything have to be political.

"Explaining the cancellation of the Red Lions' daredevil stunts, NDP 2013 executive committee chairman Brigadier-General Perry Lim said:

"The safety of all our performers is our foremost concern. Due to the low cloud cover which obstructed their view of the stage, the Red Lions were unable to execute their display jump, for safety reasons."

With the cancellation, Third Warrant Officer Shirley Ng did not manage to make history as the first woman to jump with the Red Lions at the NDP."

i think they were very very careful this year, especially so many deaths in SAF recently.

i rmb last time, they go ahead with the jumps even if its abit hazy or slight drizzle.

"Explaining the cancellation of the Red Lions' daredevil stunts, NDP 2013 executive committee chairman Brigadier-General Perry Lim said:

"The safety of all our performers is our foremost concern. Due to the low cloud cover which obstructed their view of the stage, the Red Lions were unable to execute their display jump, for safety reasons."

With the cancellation, Third Warrant Officer Shirley Ng did not manage to make history as the first woman to jump with the Red Lions at the NDP."

i think they were very very careful this year, especially so many deaths in SAF recently.

i rmb last time, they go ahead with the jumps even if its abit hazy or slight drizzle.

She can jump again in next yr NDP lor. But indeed quite a disappointment not having the red lions jump at the NDP.

对自己好是一种幸福,

对别人好是一种积福。

Spend time counting your blessings,

not airing your complaints.

Guest Raiden Alpha

more sad to see LKY like that. hes too old to appear in public liao.

Yes sad for him indeed. This is his legacy and baggage to bear unfortunately. We the good people and god shall soon lay ease to his burden and set him free very soon.

May his soul find peace.

• G_M changed the title to National Day Parade Discussion - NDP Songs from 2012 - Present (compiled)
  • JoJoMan changed the title to 🇸🇬 National Day Parade 2023 (Discussions)
  • G_M locked, locked, locked and locked this topic
  • G_M locked and locked this topic
  • G_M unlocked this topic
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.