Male HQ

National Day Parade Discussion - NDP Songs from 2012 - Present (compiled)

3 minutes ago, 30yochinese said:

Personally,

Listening to it for the 1st time at 9ish.

Mediacorp "News at 9" broadcasted the new N.D.P. SONG & an interview with Don Richmond, so i went to watch it online &> i felt it was pretentious.

-the tendency to add Rap/Shiga is a gimmick( recently another N.D.P. SONG had a rap too) & is an artistic disaster.

-too many camera sweeping from Person#1 to Person#2 & before u know it...u have glanced at 30 strangers={

-i find it distasteful, & a disrespect to national bonding.

👎

Personally I still prefer the older NDP theme Songs... more patriotic than the newer generations 

• 2 months later...

I just noticed this year NDP got dancers wearing rainbow 🌈 uniform. I think is a good start and might be a “Sign” that calling SG to accept the rainbow community or as a representative of diversity to let the citizens know.

Okay, maybe I getting older so colour blind and I’m over thinking 😂 

2023-08-0921-35.thumb.jpeg.47baa2395c68b7738bdafaf7e6cc1ee6.jpeg

Guest Marcus_SG

I start to wonder if I am Singaporean.   Why i never ever get tickets to watch NDP?  At cityhall trying to catch a glimpse of the fireworks from outside.  Many groups of PRCs new citizens going to the mrt holding goodie bag.   How???? Why????

Guest Edwin
6 hours ago, Guest No Interest said:

I didn't watch for a number of years already.  No exception tonight.  

I watch every year without fail. This year’s one quite boring though.

Guest guest
18 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

We are CECA-pore, CECA-pore, CECA-poreans!

No woner Parade Commander warrant officer , and guard of hOnour., even dancer...deliberately.......

21 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

We are CECA-pore, CECA-pore, CECA-poreans!

As reported in the straits times:

"The top countries that granted them citizenship between 2019 and 2021 were the United States, Canada and Australia, statistics from India’s Ministry of Home Affairs showed in 2022. Singapore was the seventh-most popular destination, with around 7,000 Indians getting the red passport over the same time period."

6 minutes ago, lonelyglobe said:

As reported in the straits times:

"The top countries that granted them citizenship between 2019 and 2021 were the United States, Canada and Australia, statistics from India’s Ministry of Home Affairs showed in 2022. Singapore was the seventh-most popular destination, with around 7,000 Indians getting the red passport over the same time period."

These NEW citizens led to the Singapore Population to about 6 millions 

The actual bred-in Singapore citizens... 50%???

6 hours ago, Guest guest said:

No woner Parade Commander warrant officer , and guard of hOnour., even dancer...deliberately.......

... and maybe even the future President. 

• 4 weeks later...

I just noticed this year NDP got dancers wearing rainbow 🌈 uniform. I think is a good start and might be a “Sign” that calling SG to accept the rainbow community or as a representative of diversity to let the citizens know.

Okay, maybe I getting older so colour blind and I’m over thinking 😂 

2023-08-0921-35.thumb.jpeg.47baa2395c68b7738bdafaf7e6cc1ee6.jpeg

Actually  the rainbow represent diversity I guess the pink is for dei Yi band is actually BTS dynamite.  And alot of gay people are performing in NDP don't be surprised 

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.