Male HQ

National Day Parade Discussion - NDP Songs from 2012 - Present (compiled)

On 8/21/2021 at 11:12 PM, Guest guest said:

Didn't know you are choose want to host NDP parade? I thought it is the NDP organiser choose you instead?

Anyway, i do not understand why they need to repeat the ceremony twice? I thought today only have performance segment?

omg stop asking stupid questions everytime

On 8/22/2021 at 2:50 PM, Guest Guest said:

So obvious cloud seeding was done yesterday, the weather was so good when its a rainy period.

Wonder what God they pray to? Yesterday weather was so good, and today it back to raining again.

• 9 months later...

This year's NDP 2022 theme song: Stronger Together

Happy - is what we should be, always.

Notice: I DO NOT use the Chat Function in this Forum - this has always been written in my profile (and I don't read it too).

{it is unfortunate that this new Chat Function does not allow users to turn/switch off in mobile phone}

Guest Guest
On 6/3/2022 at 9:58 AM, sphere said:

This year's NDP 2022 theme song: Stronger Together

not nice. no feel. the 2021 one is better.

• G_M changed the title to National Day Parade Discussion - NDP Songs from 2012 - Present (compiled)
  • G_M unlocked this topic
Guest Opinion piece

I have lost all interest in Singapore National Day Song.  It is called "a theme" for a reason.   It doesn't stimulate my love nor capture my attention.  I find it rather dry, a song make out of rhetorics with heavy political tones, make worse by faking smiles from straight faces behaving like western potatoes, at the expense of long lost local tradition which somehow dissappeared to benefit the economy for a small group of elitist prick.  You may disagree, but I think I am pretty right. 

• 4 weeks later...
Guest guest
On 7/5/2022 at 12:13 PM, Since u r here said:

seemed quiet i doubt they are interested to watch after so many yrs?

Almost every year it is the same performance, not interested to watch.

Guest Guest
On 7/10/2022 at 10:10 AM, Guest guest said:

Almost every year it is the same performance, not interested to watch.

No leh, i watched every year.

In fact I thought last year's NDP was really well done.

• 5 weeks later...
Guest Guest
On 8/9/2022 at 5:42 PM, cityhallguy said:

Trying to be pranked 🤣 

This year NDP, they better sing this song loudly 

Singapore National - One People, One Nation, One Singapore! 

And make sure it can broadcast to other countries to let them know there’s only One Singapore! 

One Singapore but it is international territory. So anyone can claim it. 

On 8/9/2022 at 6:27 PM, Guest Guest said:

One Singapore but it is international territory. So anyone can claim it. 

Interestingly, One People, One Nation, One Singapore was the slogan created to celebrate the Nation's 25th birthday! And of course made into a song! 🤗

IMG-20220809-WA0011.jpg

Guest Guest
On 8/9/2022 at 9:09 PM, fresh7up said:

May I know who's that lady?

Can you tell based on this chart?

I'm not good with faces, esp char bors' faces.

110302894_10157615233922934_143614247127

On 8/10/2022 at 9:04 AM, Guest Try and see said:

Maybe last min she realised that is the only red top she had? As for Mr Baey, well, anything we dont underatand is all classified under "fashion". 

The crying man is a bit too drama,  i tot this kind of scene u can only see it in China or N. Korea.

Edited by lonelyglobe

Guest Try and see
On 8/10/2022 at 9:53 AM, lonelyglobe said:

The crying man is a bit too drama,  i tot this kind of scene u can only see it in China or N. Korea.

Exactly. 

And what a "coincidence" that that crying man turned out to be a long-time PAP volunteer!  🤔

An MP for Pasir Ris-Punggol GRC, Mr Sharael Taha, said that Mr Tan has been volunteering in the community for five years.

"Since the pandemic, he has been very actively distributing meals to needy families. In addition, he has been distributing masks and care packs to families who contracted Covid-19," he said.

"He's a passionate volunteer, the epitome of community coming together."

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/it-really-hit-home-man-caught-on-camera-crying-during-the-national-anthem

If he had been volunteering quietly, how did his MP get to know about him? Obviously he has been volunteering for the PAP.

And out of thousands of people in the audience, how did the cameraman know to focus on that guy's face?

It's all very suspicious - very likely he was planted there by the government. It's a pretty common trick in showbiz.

sv_sing_090822.jpg?VersionId=WPTbSP96PUL

Guest Try and see

Maybe last min she realised that is the only red top she had? As for Mr Baey, well, anything we dont underatand is all classified under "fashion". 

Screenshot-20220809-203939-You-Tube.jpg

She's a businesswoman; impossible that she didn't have the right outfit for an NDP.

Her red top looked like it was borrowed from a lounge hostess.

As for Baey Yam Keng, he said his ridiculous outfit was inspired by a Korean hanbok.

Very patriotic indeed 🤦‍♂️

20220810-132014.jpg

Two MPs who need to pay IMH a visit.

Guest Try and see
On 8/10/2022 at 7:18 PM, Guest Guest said:

Wonder how this Third Warrant Officer (3WO) Jeffrey Heng (the one who landed hard) looks like .... don't know whether he is married or is handsome or not. 

Red Lions parachutist does not require surgery despite hard landing at NDP 2022: Ng Eng Hen

yu_redlion_collage.png?VersionId=_QgFEEr

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/red-lions-parachutist-does-not-require-surgery-despite-hard-landing-at-ndp-2022-ng-eng-hen

The only female that I know wear like that is Jean Danker. But Jean Danker is slim and nice figure. 😘

Guest NDP Crying Man
On 8/9/2022 at 4:53 PM, Why? said:

No gay theme, no breakthrough.  Boring.

You wanna see Baey bonking Azuan Tan or vice versa until he cry at NDP?

On 8/10/2022 at 7:37 PM, Guest Guest said:

The only female that I know wear like that is Jean Danker. But Jean Danker is slim and nice figure. 😘

hello this is not edmw

On 8/10/2022 at 10:47 PM, Guest NDP Crying Man said:

Azuan Tan is calefare actor in Mediacorp, other than PAP man. Acted in Incredible Tales as policeman before.

Mediacorpse should give him a full time acting contract as no actors they have could shed real tears on cue. All of them cry like die father die mother and whole family slaughtered wailing and screaming at the top of their voice without shedding a drop of tear.

Anyway he sure will be getting a big Performance Bonus next March and who knows... maybe even a HDB flat. 😉

Crying Man at NDP2022.jpg

Guest Try and see
On 8/10/2022 at 10:47 PM, Guest NDP Crying Man said:

Azuan Tan is calefare actor in Mediacorp, other than PAP man. Acted in Incredible Tales as policeman before.

I knew there was something fishy going on, esp the fact that he also has been a PAP volunteer for the past five years.

Out of the thousands of people in the audience, how did the cameraman know when to focus on his face at the exact moment that he was crying?

Reminds me of how certain govt departments forced their staff to stand along Thomson Rd when the hearse of LKY's wife drove past, so that it can be caught on camera.

• 9 months later...

This year ... ONWARD as One SG

Venue: The Padang 

Theme Song: Shine Your Light - composed by last year's Don Richmond 

Public participation : SG citizens & PRs can apply online for tickets from noon 29th May

(FOC Participation at our Heartlands)

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/singapore/national-day-parade-2023-ndp-ticket-application-preview-shows-3515076?cid=FBcna

Discussion Topic #1:

Anyone is trying to apply?

Ever succeeded?

Don't miss deadline!

Edited by JoJoMan

Just now, JoJoMan said:

This year ... ONWARD as One SG

Theme Song - Shine Your Light ... composed by last year's Don Richmond 

Public - SG citizens & PRs can ballot for tickets from noon 29th May

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/singapore/national-day-parade-2023-ndp-ticket-application-preview-shows-3515076?cid=FBcna

Anyone is trying to ballot?

Ever succeeded?

For me, I tried annually but to no avail.

Don't intent to ballot this year!

Good luck, GUYS!

• JoJoMan changed the title to 🇸🇬 National Day Parade 2023 (Discussions)

Obviously, they will give more to PRs...locals like us is like eeny,miny moe! 😂 what we locals can do wear red white when we go out that day for anything or even wear red jockstrap swimwear thong wrestling suit kinky wear bdsm in red for your fun sex dates etc....we need to slay in style when we have fun sex too! 😏

8 minutes ago, MasterFitMalaySG4U said:

Obviously, they will give more to PRs...locals like us is like eeny,miny moe! 😂 what we locals can do wear red white when we go out that day for anything or even wear red jockstrap swimwear thong wrestling suit kinky wear bdsm in red for your fun sex dates etc....we need to slay in style when we have fun sex too! 😏

I truly enjoyed reading your sharing.  

Yup! We celebrate in our own way!

Cheers!

Discussion Topic #3:

Any (past experienced) NDP Red Lion Parachutists / Commandos in BW?

Care to share your "Jump" experience?

You are cordially invited to share  ... just quote this post and submit 💪🏽

Edited by JoJoMan

Discussion topic #4:

Any BW NSMan / NSF was involved in past NDP?

Care to share your many rehearsals/actual day experience?

You are cordially invited to share  ... just quote this post and submit 💪🏽

Edited by JoJoMan

8 hours ago, Kimochi said:

Personally,

Listening to it for the 1st time at 9ish.

Mediacorp "News at 9" broadcasted the new N.D.P. SONG & an interview with Don Richmond, so i went to watch it online &> i felt it was pretentious.

-the tendency to add Rap/Shiga is a gimmick( recently another N.D.P. SONG had a rap too) & is an artistic disaster.

-too many camera sweeping from Person#1 to Person#2 & before u know it...u have glanced at 30 strangers={

-i find it distasteful, & a disrespect to national bonding.

👎

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.