Male HQ

Hot/Cute Guys Reactivated (images ONLY) + Yahoo's #Fitspo series - TikTok & Twitter are not allowed! (Please read the first post for instructions)

sphere

Happy - is what we should be, always.

Notice: I DO NOT use the Chat Function in this Forum - this has always been written in my profile (and I don't read it too).

{it is unfortunate that this new Chat Function does not allow users to turn/switch off in mobile phone}

Notice: I DO NOT use the Chat Function in this Forum - this has always been written in my profile (and I don't read it too).

{it is unfortunate that this new Chat Function does not allow users to turn/switch off in mobile phone}

1) May I ask sphere why you impose that prohibition on tiktok or twitter?

What is the background?

Why just instagram?

Factually, I do not see any difference of guys putting their images on social media such as tiktok or twitter.

2) Copyright issues of the image holder

On the other hand your copying may also constitute an IP infringement, because surely you did not ask the image holder whether you are permitted to reproduce their pictures here and you don't ask them individually.

By law you would require to seek permission first to copy the publisher if you may reproduce.

Quote:

Are images on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter copyrighted?

The law is clear: Government guidance states the “vast majority of images on the internet are likely to be protected by copyright, so it is only safe to use it if you have specific permission to do so…”

So unless you have specific permission from the person who took the image, copying and re-using any image found on social media is a potential breach of copyright. This could lead to a claim for a usage fee from the owner of the image.

There are some relaxations on embedding pictures, but it seems from my verification that you do not embed the pictures but copy them into this forum. I m not sure whether embedding is possible from instagram into BW.

User-Generated Content on Social Media: Avoiding Legal Issues

Without due consideration of copyright and privacy issues, reposting or publishing User-generated content can result in legal trouble.

Users retain the copyright to their content by default.

If you want to repost or publish UGC, you must take steps to ensure you're not violating users' copyright.

With this in mind, correctly reposting UGC is about asking for permission, and giving credit where credit is due. 

Simply put, you need to make sure you’re honoring the creator’s work.

The main concern around reposting UGC is to do with the ownership rights — the original poster of the image or video owns the copyright.

=> If there is no direct embedding possible from Instagram, there might be a copyright/privacy violation, unless you have clear authorisation from the content owner (in particular for content that is not originating from Singapore).

BW might check on this also.

Edited by singalion

Goodness @singalion, why do you have so many questions?

The main objective of this thread is to appreciate male beauties who are hot and/or cute - of course this is subjective, what I like might not be what others like, this I understand.

Since all social medias are of no difference to you, why are you only asking me? Why don't you ask other member(s) who post similarly such as using TikTok or other social media? Kindly direct your questions to them as well.

Are you a moderator here?

The moderators are active in this forum and they know what is going on here. If it is inappropriate, the moderator(s) would do the necessary.

Are you the authorities (Ministry of Communications & Information, or Ministry of Home Affairs)?

Your quote👇 is not for use in Singapore, and you did not even provide the source - which was from UK, correct? I saw it --> here.

4 hours ago, singalion said:

By law you would require to seek permission first to copy the publisher if you may reproduce.

Quote:

Are images on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter copyrighted?

The law is clear: Government guidance states the “vast majority of images on the internet are likely to be protected by copyright, so it is only safe to use it if you have specific permission to do so…”

So unless you have specific permission from the person who took the image, copying and re-using any image found on social media is a potential breach of copyright. This could lead to a claim for a usage fee from the owner of the image.

If I'm not wrong, the copyright act differs from country to country.

This is Singapore here where I stay, so let's follow the law as it states (point 4, here)

"Anyone who uses or distributes a literary, dramatic, musical or artistic work or performance in public, including on online channels such as social media platforms, must identify the respective creator(s) or performer(s) in a clear and reasonably prominent manner."

There is also a factsheet for your reference --> here or here.

[photographs are classified under artistic work]

I definitely did not claim these hunks' images are mine.

I might not have answered all your questions, but I would prefer you skip my thread altogether if you don't enjoy looking at male beauties. I do not want arguments in this thread, therefore please don't answer my questions as well. Thank you.

[I am unlikely to reply you any further]

Edited by sphere

4 hours ago, sphere said:

Goodness @singalion, why do you have so many questions?

The main objective of this thread is to appreciate male beauties who are hot and/or cute - of course this is subjective, what I like might not be what others like, this I understand.

Since all social medias are of no difference to you, why are you only asking me? Why don't you ask other member(s) who post similarly such as using TikTok or other social media? Kindly direct your questions to them as well.

Are you a moderator here?

The moderators are active in this forum and they know what is going on here. If it is inappropriate, the moderator(s) would do the necessary.

Are you the authorities (Ministry of Communications & Information, or Ministry of Home Affairs)?

Your quote👇 is not for use in Singapore, and you did not even provide the source - which was from UK, correct? I saw it --> here.

If I'm not wrong, the copyright act differs from country to country.

This is Singapore here where I stay, so let's follow the law as it states (point 4, here)

"Anyone who uses or distributes a literary, dramatic, musical or artistic work or performance in public, including on online channels such as social media platforms, must identify the respective creator(s) or performer(s) in a clear and reasonably prominent manner."

There is also a factsheet for your reference --> here or here.

[photographs are classified under artistic work]

I definitely did not claim these hunks' images are mine.

I might not have answered all your questions, but I would prefer you skip my thread altogether if you don't enjoy looking at male beauties. I do not want arguments in this thread, therefore please don't answer my questions as well. Thank you.

[I am unlikely to reply you any further]

Your copying into BW of the copyrighted images doesn't fall under any of the "fair use" exceptions. 

If you download or copy the pictures into your personal PC for your personal use, it should be fine. But you copy them into a public forum, namely BW. 

Also, it is not sufficient to simply state the link, but you need to mention the copyright holder. Ex: Copyright owner is "Tan Ong Shing". 

All in all your fair use exceptions, if at all applicable, would only touch any images published in Singapore or from Singaporean copyright owners. 

I will explain in more detail on a later date. 

I m not sure whether the Moderators are at all aware of the implications of the new Singapore Copyright Act but probably tolerated your copying due to lack of awareness. 

Please be aware that I did not change the law but the government. I just intend to keep trouble from BW. 

Edited by singalion

The difference is that BW doesn't operate like a personal social media account.

The images are copied into a general thread unlike any personal twitter or facebook account.

If you look at the annex provided by IPOS and Ministry of Law then you never observed to :

17 hours ago, sphere said:

Placing a link only does not identify the creator, the creator must be named in a clear and reasonably prominent manner.

Unfortunately, the IPOS Annex cannot be copied into this as the file is too large.

it says:

Tagging in caption so that the handle or username of the creator(s) or
performer(s) is identified.

Naming in caption or content so that the creator (or creators, if multiple creators’
works are involved) is identified.

Currently, your copying does not identify the content creator. Just having a link is not sufficient.

I used the UK posts for the general description of what is copyright and Content creator's rights as their description was better to name the issue, because IPOS only did the comparision sheet.

It is clear that no exception from the permitted use applies.

As to "fair use" I fail to see that with the current exceptions apply in this case.

Surely, it does not refer to news reporting, as there is no news.

There is no "review" as the images do not contain any review report.

Study does not reply also, as BW is no educational institution.

Further, BW is not any news/newspaper outlet, so reporting would fail also.

Once again, surely, I have nothing against posting some hot boys into BW nor that I have anything against you, but such posting must comply with the requirements.

Nobody wants BW to be taken down on any potential infringement.

Anyhow, the Moderators should look into this as they have the responsibility. And this applies to all items posted into BW.

Edited by singalion

• sphere changed the title to Hot/Cute Guys Reactivated (images ONLY) + Yahoo's #Fitspo series - TikTok & Twitter are not allowed! (Please read the first post for instructions)