Male HQ

Discussion About Single & Hdb Flat Ownership + Hdb Loan (Compiled)

worldangel

On 8/26/2020 at 11:06 PM, Letsrelaxpp said:

probably with her mum.... 

The last enbloc was in 2018 macpherson,  with covid  it is even more difficult. 

Thought his mum already have a flat?

Suppose to be every 2 years one enbloc project, but seems like this 2020 do not have any enbloc, maybe due to covid or maybe hdb already stop their enbloc project since there are seems to have not many potential area would be chosen for enbloc. Cause old flats doesn't mean it would be chosen for enbloc since age of the flats do not mean anything.

15 hours ago, FIRE2020 said:

Actually I like the variety of foods in Jurong point and also it so big compare to those tiny mall in the east. Yes it is far from city but quite well connected with east west line. I just finds that the price of hdb flat there so affordable and also huge in size. Not a bad place to live during retirement where you do not need to travel much. Active sg gym is huge and there is swimming pool too. In the future will high speed train station in Jurong, going to Malaysia is so convenient. JW is good place to retire and no need to go JB. :):)

In terms of shops and eatery, jurong point definitely better but due to the big mall, this place is always crowded and packed which i do not like. Well connected with EWL also far to city, as many stops to city. Like you said, jurong is good to retire and people who no need to go out often. If not i do not think it is a good place to stay.

On 8/24/2020 at 5:03 PM, Letsrelaxpp said:

Is actually a very asian thing, asian is responsible for jerking up prices of property in a lot of oversea market,  thats why like australia,  only the property developer drool over buyer with briefcase full of cash but the local hated them so much. 

For those are married, they can make money when they buy new flats,  after 5 years sold and make good profits and i believe they can do it twice.  So most of them would have clear their housing loan by 40. But for single,  there is no way unless u got enbloc, enbloc is just like strike toto. 

Some couples in their mid-careers don't even need to get housing loan.  Their combined CPF and cash in hand are enough to pay off the flat.  On the other hand, singles can only buy 2-room BTO (non-mature estate) or from resale market (3-room and above) which may take whole life to pay off the loan.  

Don't read and response to guests' post

1 hour ago, LeanMature said:

Some couples in their mid-careers don't even need to get housing loan.  Their combined CPF and cash in hand are enough to pay off the flat.  On the other hand, singles can only buy 2-room BTO (non-mature estate) or from resale market (3-room and above) which may take whole life to pay off the loan.  

Combined income vs single income quite a big difference. Unless the single salary is high, then also enough to pay off the flat, if not then may take whole life to pay house loan esp if the person bought an expensive house.

So single who bought 2 room BTO not a bad choice la, since the flat is not that expensive, high chance to pay off the flat when the single is also in his mid-career who may have quite a high amount of CPF and cash.

Edited by alien

对自己好是一种幸福,

对别人好是一种积福。

Spend time counting your blessings,

not airing your complaints.

• 4 months later...
1 hour ago, Guest mendes said:

hi anyone can advise what happen to our cpf/hdb when we pass away as single/ unmarried?

If no will, the cpf will go to parents, then sibling.

Guest zai nan
On 8/29/2020 at 2:31 PM, Guest guest said:

In terms of shops and eatery, jurong point definitely better but due to the big mall, this place is always crowded and packed which i do not like. Well connected with EWL also far to city, as many stops to city. Like you said, jurong is good to retire and people who no need to go out often. If not i do not think it is a good place to stay.

Suburbs is good for those who don’t need to go downtown and also don’t need to interact with new people (since usually gatherings happen in town area). I know some people who haven’t even been downtown for an entire year!

3 hours ago, Guest zai nan said:

Suburbs is good for those who don’t need to go downtown and also don’t need to interact with new people (since usually gatherings happen in town area). I know some people who haven’t even been downtown for an entire year!

Even have gathering also can be arrange at suburbs, no need say must go town area. Usually go town area is more for work. Nowadays malls at suburbs also have variety of shops and eatery. Buy house at suburbs good since price is cheaper. Near town area or inside town area housing all over priced.

I'm already 42. Only realize I'm quite late in thinking of buying a property. Was focusing on my business and no time to think of other stuff.

Is this a good time to buy a property?

I'm looking at either 3 or 4 room with plans to rent out for extra income.

I'm earning $6k/mth now. Are there any grants I can take? What are the pitfalls I should look out for given my age.

Would appreciate some advice. Thank you.

7 hours ago, Guest 42old said:

I'm already 42. Only realize I'm quite late in thinking of buying a property. Was focusing on my business and no time to think of other stuff.

I'm earning $6k/mth now. Are there any grants I can take? What are the pitfalls I should look out for given my age.

I think you should seek a property professional to help you with that, or you can go online to check those ‘calculators’ that help prescribe the grants you are eligible for. You can try asking Prident if you are more comfortable with LGBTQ professionals.

12 hours ago, Guest 42old said:

Retrenchment and re-employment. 

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

never argue with the guests. let them bark all they want.

结缘不结

不解缘

After I have said what I wanna say, I don't care what you say.

看穿不说穿

12 hours ago, Guest 42old said:

Is better late than never, SG property prices can only go up,  u may not make capital gains from a resale flat but the rental u get is good enough. They have a single grant scheme,  better check on HDB website as they are constantly changing their policy. 

I have been staying at tiong bahru since birth.

Now that I'm wanting to buy a 3 or 4 room HDB, where would you suggest? I don't think I can get used to staying the far east or west. 

Is there any place that is not so ex in the south area and accessible?

Guest Wah Lau Eh
1 hour ago, Guest 42old said:

Now that I'm wanting to buy a 3 or 4 room HDB, where would you suggest? I don't think I can get used to staying the far east or west. 

On 1/18/2021 at 3:42 PM, Chubbyman said:

I m a 48 yrs old man. Anyone can advise me how or am I eligible to get a HDB flat? 

Do your own research. How on earth will people advise you without knowing your full background. 

22 hours ago, Guest 42old said:

I have been staying at tiong bahru since birth.

Is there any place that is not so ex in the south area and accessible?

Depend if you want to buy old flat or newer flat? If old flat, queenstown, havelock rd, bt merah and commonwealth area which is quite accessible and not that ex.

Agree that if looking at location, then Bukit Merah is most suitable for those moving out of Tiong Bahru

If you don’t have enough funds then you still need to consider staying slightly further  out (but not too far like moving from Queenstown to Bukit Batok) or stay put in Tiong Bahru.

7 minutes ago, Guest lol said:

Non mature estates have less gay uncles at the pool. If you are the only one, you have better chances of hooking up younger guys

Why non mature estates have less gay uncles?

On 1/21/2021 at 1:51 PM, Guest guest said:

Agree that if looking at location, then Bukit Merah is most suitable for those moving out of Tiong Bahru

If you don’t have enough funds then you still need to consider staying slightly further  out (but not too far like moving from Queenstown to Bukit Batok) or stay put in Tiong Bahru.

Bukit batok too far from town. Maybe can consider moving to Clementi.

• 1 month later...
On 1/18/2021 at 3:42 PM, Chubbyman said:

I m a 48 yrs old man. Anyone can advise me how or am I eligible to get a HDB flat? 

hi not difficult as long u get someone to help u apply online for the flat if u refer to new one ....

currently .... u create alert to inform u of latest new flat available for booking :P

I still prefer HDB over condo. It's affordable and I like staying in places that takes at least an hour of travelling time. Can easily read my book or watch some shows nicely. In those places it always makes better sense to get a HDB.

Condo, especially those private ones, have too many foreigners and I don't like staying in a place where I'm waiting for the lift with many foreigner families. I'm also anti-condo because they have those external walls which don't allow me to cut through to get to a place faster and have to walk around it. At least for HDB I can cut through them and reach my destination faster. Plus it seems every condo complex has a swimming pool which is seriously a waste of land and water and most are not olympic size. Everyone should just use the public pools.

Guest Serious thought
21 hours ago, Guest guest said:

I still prefer HDB over condo

Most condo though look physically attractive from the outside, has a rather very bad interior shape that posed challenge to many interior designer.  Some has very narrow walkway, small windows and miniature kitchen.  The price of condo, is for the security, facilities and fenced up boundary.  Otherwise, it is just a shoe box apartment.  

Nowadays, BTO has bigger windows.  Though it may look attractive, the danger posed on dwellers are direct radiation they received on sunny day.  I am n ot sure whether they will have any implication later on.  Too much exposure daily under the sun radiation may not necessarily be a good thing.  Is such compromise worth it?  I still prefer the older HDB flat, they are well protected and shielded from harsh environment. 

That is so true,  a lot of sporeans are staying in hdb, renting out their condo while waiting for the property to appreciate and sell it.

As spore continues to open its flood gate,  rental is never a problem,  even during covid it really didnt affect much except for a few pilots and crew that got retrenched. 

On 1/20/2021 at 10:22 PM, Guest guest said:

Depend if you want to buy old flat or newer flat? If old flat, queenstown, havelock rd, bt merah and commonwealth area which is quite accessible and not that ex.

Actually BM and QT have the highest resale prices beside MP and central in SG. Those really cheap must be with less than 50 years lease. I realise geylang area seems to be understated,  is more affordable than those city area yet 3 train stops gets u to cityhall. 

Guest gay-lang
6 hours ago, lonelyglobe said:

Actually BM and QT have the highest resale prices beside MP and central in SG. Those really cheap must be with less than 50 years lease. I realise geylang area seems to be understated,  is more affordable than those city area yet 3 train stops gets u to cityhall. 

If you are talking about those HDB around Dakota which is also considered Geylang area that is a great place to stay. But the condos around the lorongs are totally bad.

Those around the lorongs are hard to sell so you must be prepared to be lowballed if you have financial difficulty maintaining mortgage. Unless you manage to purchase using cash only. On top of that, even if you got a bank loan, it’s damn hard to refinance your loan so you end up paying more than your peers who bought properties for similar prices elsewhere.

There is also a stigma with Geylang address. If you can, don’t get a place that mentions lorong and Geylang in the same address. Guillemard, Sims Drive would be far better. But on the up side, some people will never want to visit your home and it’s great if you like to keep to yourself or don’t like people to visit your home.

A lot of people tout Geylang as a district close to city area and affordable. However, as you may know, if the deal is good, it’s also too good to be true. If it was truly that good, Geylang should not be that cheap even in present day.

21 hours ago, Guest gay-lang said:

If you are talking about those HDB around Dakota which is also considered Geylang area that is a great place to stay. But the condos around the lorongs are totally bad.

Those around the lorongs are hard to sell so you must be prepared to be lowballed if you have financial difficulty maintaining mortgage. Unless you manage to purchase using cash only. On top of that, even if you got a bank loan, it’s damn hard to refinance your loan so you end up paying more than your peers who bought properties for similar prices elsewhere.

There is also a stigma with Geylang address. If you can, don’t get a place that mentions lorong and Geylang in the same address. Guillemard, Sims Drive would be far better. But on the up side, some people will never want to visit your home and it’s great if you like to keep to yourself or don’t like people to visit your home.

A lot of people tout Geylang as a district close to city area and affordable. However, as you may know, if the deal is good, it’s also too good to be true. If it was truly that good, Geylang should not be that cheap even in present day.

Yeap,  get it while it is still cheap, u never know when the garment is going to demolish those chicken den and redevelop the whole area,  by then it will be too late.

Beside close to city, the area also have a lot of nice makan,  i dont understand why the image must be tarnished just because of the presence of chicken. SG is too small,  why waste such an ideal area for development?

Edited by lonelyglobe

Guest Right?

Aiya, rent house for what? Got house to stay still want to leave them for tenant to mess it up.  Many people here no house to stay have to rent hotel 81 for fucking.   Imagine if you find someone and need to have a good regular fuck, you don't have a house to go to.  Right?

Guest guest
On 3/1/2021 at 10:27 AM, lonelyglobe said:

Bt merah and queenstown hdb price are very expensive for flats after the year 2000. And if you cannot afford those newer flats and buy those old flat, i would say those old flats too old which mostly built in the 70s. I find west side between clementi to queenstown area difficult to find reasonable not so old flats. Either the flats are too old or too new. 

Guest guest
On 3/1/2021 at 4:50 PM, Guest gay-lang said:

i find only Dakota area can consider to stay, since it is near to the hawker centre, circle line and indoor stadium. Geylang and sims drive i would not consider.

22 hours ago, thickhead79 said:

if u are rich from 21 can buy condo

else stay till 35yo to apply BTO and wait 3 years for them to built 38yo move out

else u can buy resale 

Resale also quite ex hor. I guess most ppl aren't the rich kind and go for bto at 35?

Guest guest
1 hour ago, lonely57 said:

Resale also quite ex hor. I guess most ppl aren't the rich kind and go for bto at 35?

Resale is ex if you buy good location. If buy those not so good location or old flats, i find still not say very ex. Even those resale which is near to town area but if the flat is old, price still not say very ex. Only those newer flats are very ex.

6 minutes ago, Guest guest said:

Resale is ex if you buy good location. If buy those not so good location or old flats, i find still not say very ex. Even those resale which is near to town area but if the flat is old, price still not say very ex. Only those newer flats are very ex.

Resale maybe ex but u can slowly choose where u wan, unlike BTO
Resale maybe got COV, which u need to pump in more cash
Resale also need more cash for renovation compare to new flat

Guest guest
12 hours ago, thickhead79 said:

This is why do not buy too ex resale, and you might still need to fork out COV and reno. Actually bto also can choose where you want. When each new bto release, you would know the facing and location of the project.

57 minutes ago, Guest guest said:

This is why do not buy too ex resale, and you might still need to fork out COV and reno. Actually bto also can choose where you want. When each new bto release, you would know the facing and location of the project.

New BTO limited location each time, and need to ballot

each time u wait is 3 to 4 mths delay

and rem u need to wait 3y before u can collect the key

21 hours ago, thickhead79 said:

New BTO limited location each time, and need to ballot

each time u wait is 3 to 4 mths delay

and rem u need to wait 3y before u can collect the key

There are sales on balanced flat..ie those not taken up for one reason or another if you ballot n lucky not much waiting time just need the money ....good thing you see what you get no need to imagine...lol

On 3/9/2021 at 10:39 AM, thickhead79 said:

Resale can choose anywhere you like. BTO for single can only choose unpopular remote town with not many public facility. You want meh?

Guest guest
On 3/10/2021 at 9:42 PM, Marineboy said:

There are sales on balanced flat..ie those not taken up for one reason or another if you ballot n lucky not much waiting time just need the money ....good thing you see what you get no need to imagine...lol

Singles can apply for sales of balance flat? I thought singles can only apply new release bto project.

Guest guest
10 hours ago, lonelyglobe said:

Need to consider the lease period too, if the lease only left with 50 years, at 35, there is a high chance that u may out-live your house, chances to resell after 5 years is even more difficult as the lease period continue to drop. 

I think for HDB flat, if you buy in resale, no matter the flat lease left with 50 years or 95 years, when you want to sell your flat later, the price sure will lower than your purchase price. Esp if you buy your resale flat at high price.

Example if you buy a 5 year old 3 room flat at $700k at prime area. After staying for 20 years, you think you can sell the flat for more than $700k even though the age of the flat is only about 25 year old.

Guest guest
22 hours ago, Guest Meh? said:

Resale can choose anywhere you like. BTO for single can only choose unpopular remote town with not many public facility. You want meh?

Remote area i agree since single can only buy non matured estate. But even it is non matured estate, it does not mean the town do not have many public facility.  Like in yishun or bukit batok, these place already have quite a few public facility since both town is not consider brand new town.

Guest guest
3 hours ago, Marineboy said:

Yes you can they are new BTO flats that have not been taken up or rejected at the last minute etc

Or course only the 2 rm ones...lol

2 room flat demand still strong now? Heard that not easy to be ballot successfully.

20 hours ago, Guest guest said:

2 room flat demand still strong now? Heard that not easy to be ballot successfully.

Can always check the type of flats available during the sale of the balance flats whenever HDB makes the announcement. If you are ok with the location  ..i got mine 3+ years ago so i am not current with the demand numbers but i read it was better chance today  than when i applied around 6 years ago..

etc...do check n subscribe to HDB website for news update etc..

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.