Male HQ

Discussion About Single & Hdb Flat Ownership + Hdb Loan (Compiled)

worldangel

Guest Me Good looking Too
12 hours ago, Guest guest said:

You must be still young and healthy? So staying alone really happy. I have a friend who stay alone which later fall really sick and eversince health not very good, he regrets staying alone.

2 hours ago, lonelyglobe said:

When young u need freedom, when old u need companion but for those not attached, the best u can do is to stay healthy and at least rent out a room to someone who is nice ha....

Old?  It is all in the heart and mind.  If you stop eating fast food, stop drinking alcohol and sugarish Soft drink, stop playing office politics, stop  bitching, stop putting all sort of make up on your faces, stop  getting radiated by technology,  you will forever look young like me and and live up to 120.   Yes, I am still bouncy, flexi and poon pee pee.   You are as old as your thought wanted it to be.  I am always 18. 

Guest Kd long
14 hours ago, Guest guest said:

I think even you have bought your own flat first, if parents passed on, the flat still needs to be sell off since one person cannot owned two hdb flats. So cannot rent out the flat for extra income.

A friend told me the reason he didn't get his own BTO is he is the only son, and he scare forced to sell if both parent die within 5yrs after purchase which will incur high stamp duty penalty. (both parents r still healthy btw). Amazing! 

14 hours ago, lonelyglobe said:

When young u need freedom, when old u need companion but for those not attached, the best u can do is to stay healthy and at least rent out a room to someone who is nice ha....

True to some extend. When young surely want to stay alone, so that can have freedom to do anything. But when old, it is frightening to stay alone, cause if you fall sick no one can take care of you, or if you fainted or fall down in house, no one would know until your body decomposed. 

On 10/12/2019 at 11:20 AM, Ahseng_ said:

How they deliver? I mean do they deliver to sg.

Also how is the payment like?

Thanks

u google teck seng

yes they charge 8% of your total cost as delivery

every Fri deliver to Spore

and u need to pay 7% of RM of the total value for Spore GST

so total 15% in RM

but still worth it

u can PM me

12 hours ago, thickhead79 said:

u google teck seng

yes they charge 8% of your total cost as delivery

every Fri deliver to Spore

and u need to pay 7% of RM of the total value for Spore GST

so total 15% in RM

but still worth it

u can PM me

Thanks, my bto still got  around 2 yr to collect key

On 10/9/2019 at 10:25 PM, Guest guest said:

True to some extend. When young surely want to stay alone, so that can have freedom to do anything. But when old, it is frightening to stay alone, cause if you fall sick no one can take care of you, or if you fainted or fall down in house, no one would know until your body decomposed. 

Enjoy while still can before that day come

14 hours ago, thickhead79 said:

lost count 

but furniture and lighting all from JB

curtain too

ceiling fan too

cheap cheap compare to Spore

I thought they will charge Singaporean higher price ?  Or you pretend to be Malaysian ?

Don't read and response to guests' post

On 10/14/2019 at 9:56 PM, thickhead79 said:

lost count 

but furniture and lighting all from JB

curtain too

ceiling fan too

cheap cheap compare to Spore

If only renovation, roughly how much for a 2 room flat?

23 hours ago, thickhead79 said:

my renov guy also from JB lol

i nvn do much 7000 i spend on my simple renov

You spent S$7000 on reno? Consider quite cheap. I guess you do not have much carpentry works?

On 10/15/2019 at 9:06 PM, thickhead79 said:

yes old nursing home ready for u 

At least I have money to spend elsewhere rather than paying loans on home and dying in it and missing out on all other matters in life ....

1 hour ago, Guest Guest said:

At least I have money to spend elsewhere rather than paying loans on home and dying in it and missing out on all other matters in life ....

yes money goes to nursing and enjoy yr end day soon

while i nvn spend any cash n cent on my house for the loan as u claim and enjoy my own privacy 

and still got a house, a place i call my home

23 hours ago, thickhead79 said:

no

i nvn do any custom made

except i do my floor and kitchen lower cabinet 

rest of furniture i get from JB

No wonder your spending is consider cheap. Even your kitchen cabinet only have lower part. Your house must be quite simple.

20 hours ago, thickhead79 said:

yes money goes to nursing and enjoy yr end day soon

while i nvn spend any cash n cent on my house for the loan as u claim and enjoy my own privacy 

and still got a house, a place i call my home

Good for you that you have no loan on your house.

14 hours ago, thickhead79 said:

it just a 2 room flat why wan to pump in so much money ??

just a place to sleep

I also planning to do simple Reno and use the rest for better mattress or chair and the rest  other daily use.

Btw how much your lower kitchen cabinets and floor?

I planning to do full cement kitchen cabinets and normal homogeneous tiles

On 10/6/2019 at 12:48 PM, Almonds said:

I guess most who are the only child will continue to stay with parents until they pass away, after which the house becomes theirs. No need to pay a single cent for housing.

What about those with siblings? Have you bought your own house, and at what age?

I got 3 siblings.

Big brother married and bought own house. Moved out liao.

I bought re-sale flat when I was 35, moved out by the end of the year, after reno was done.

2nd elder brother bought when he was 35. But he bought BTO. only moved in last year when reno and building was done. I oredi stayed in my resale for 2+ yrs, then.

Sister 35 this year. She's trying to get her BTO also.

Last round (Sept 2019) was placed out of the allocated lots. Hopefully she got chance again come the Nov BTO.

9 hours ago, Ahseng_ said:

I also planning to do simple Reno and use the rest for better mattress or chair and the rest  other daily use.

Btw how much your lower kitchen cabinets and floor?

I planning to do full cement kitchen cabinets and normal homogeneous tiles

i use timer wood

my lower kitchen cabinet 2k

floor 2k

rest on toilet to separate dry n wet area

On 10/17/2019 at 10:07 PM, thickhead79 said:

it just a 2 room flat why wan to pump in so much money ??

just a place to sleep

You are right, no need to spend so much on a 2 room bto. More importantly the flat looks cosy and comfy can liao. 

• 4 months later...

Silver Housing Bonus

The maximum SHB cash bonus will be increased by 50%, from $20,000 to $30,000.

Seniors can apply for the SHB as long as they sell their flat and buy a 3-room or smaller flat, and get some proceeds from the move. To receive the SHB, seniors will only need to top up the first $60,000 of the proceeds from the move into their CPF Retirement Account, which will be used to sign up for CPF LIFE.

Background information on SHB

You can sell your flat and buy a 3-room or smaller flat and apply for the SHB scheme. You will need to top up the first $60,000 of the proceeds into your Retirement Account (RA) and your CPF RA savings will be used to sign up for CPF LIFE, which will provide you with a monthly income for life.

For more information, please click here.

Lease Buyback Scheme

The maximum LBS bonus will be increased by 50%.

Owners of 3-room or smaller, 4-room, and 5-room or larger flats can get a maximum cash bonus of $30,000, $15,000, and $7,500 respectively.

Background information on LBS

You can monetise your flat by selling part of its lease to HDB. The proceeds from selling part of your flat’s lease will be used to top up your Retirement Account (RA) and your CPF RA savings will be used to sign up for CPF LIFE. This will provide you with a monthly income for life while you continue to live in your current flat.

For more information, please click here.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest guest
1 hour ago, amuse.ed said:

EC all the while is popular with buyers esp the sengkang/punggol area. If can afford, it is good to go in to buy property during bad economy. But single is not eligible to buy EC anyway, no matter how low the pricing is.

52 minutes ago, Guest guest said:

EC all the while is popular with buyers esp the sengkang/punggol area. If can afford, it is good to go in to buy property during bad economy. But single is not eligible to buy EC anyway, no matter how low the pricing is.

Another alternate type of living for singles that's worth considering for EC projects:

*Joint Singles Scheme*

You and up to 3 other co-applicants, and all of you are:

Single (unmarried, divorced, or widowed)

Singapore Citizens

At least 35 years old

Applying jointly as co-applicants

**** The CPF Housing Grant for singles is not available when buying an EC.

Guest guest
17 minutes ago, amuse.ed said:

Another alternate type of living for singles that's worth considering for EC projects:

*Joint Singles Scheme*

You and up to 3 other co-applicants, and all of you are:

Single (unmarried, divorced, or widowed)

Singapore Citizens

At least 35 years old

Applying jointly as co-applicants

**** The CPF Housing Grant for singles is not available when buying an EC.

The joint scheme still have for two singles apply for a BTO & EC? Thought no more? So like this gay couple also can joint application to apply for a flat then? Anyway, i don't think any single who are just simply friends relationship would joint together to buy a flat lah, cause how to decide on the flat downpayment and installment etc and later if got anything happen, how to spit the flat?

3 hours ago, Guest guest said:

The joint scheme still have for two singles apply for a BTO & EC? Thought no more? So like this gay couple also can joint application to apply for a flat then? Anyway, i don't think any single who are just simply friends relationship would joint together to buy a flat lah, cause how to decide on the flat downpayment and installment etc and later if got anything happen, how to spit the flat?

That's for those interested to settle in black and white bah. family nucleus is getting smaller so there will he people out there who do not mind flat cosharing, can help look after one another too. 

Guest Think Ahead of Time

Everyone here always think of cheap, money and house but forgot about health.  You can rush to buy a condo, 99 years lease. Can you outlive it by paying the remaining lease after you caput?  If you have only between 30-40 years of life to spend, why get yourself into the rat race of finding new property and than paid the extra 40-50 lease years knowing you are no longer there to service the loan?  Another thought,  why paid a hefty piece of new property only to worry later that it has no value with each passing lease years and then the cycle repeat of worrying and resort to the same buying spree, as if you are an immortal who never fake away from this planet?

Why pay for a new house only to be taken away by your "maid" who will have to look after your every movements and slurring in the future or she probably sleep in your expensive condo as you lie in hospital bed waiting for her to visit you?

Gosh!!! I can't believe what is going on here.

Guest Think Ahead of Time

Guys!!!  I can't empahszie enough.   Time to take, take and take back more from the govt, whether it is Lease Buy back or downgrade to short term BTO,  take the money, the grant whenever is to be given.  Than use the money to get out of the rat race, no worry about recession, the virus nor the economy.  Fuck the country, fuck the news, fuck the govt.  Enjoy life, stay in the house to age with you (with extra 10 years age lease after that), and the money received,  Eat healthy mediterranean food, wake up early to learn taichi, jogging - be free!!  Reclaim your life and stop suffering over materialistic stuffs you cannot bring with you.

Guest guest
4 hours ago, Guest Think Ahead of Time said:

Everyone here always think of cheap, money and house but forgot about health.  You can rush to buy a condo, 99 years lease. Can you outlive it by paying the remaining lease after you caput?  If you have only between 30-40 years of life to spend, why get yourself into the rat race of finding new property and than paid the extra 40-50 lease years knowing you are no longer there to service the loan?  Another thought,  why paid a hefty piece of new property only to worry later that it has no value with each passing lease years and then the cycle repeat of worrying and resort to the same buying spree, as if you are an immortal who never fake away from this planet?

Why pay for a new house only to be taken away by your "maid" who will have to look after your every movements and slurring in the future or she probably sleep in your expensive condo as you lie in hospital bed waiting for her to visit you?

Gosh!!! I can't believe what is going on here.

so you are saying once you have past 40s, don't buy new property and just stay put in your current house?

5 hours ago, Guest Think Ahead of Time said:

Guys!!!  I can't empahszie enough.   Time to take, take and take back more from the govt, whether it is Lease Buy back or downgrade to short term BTO,  take the money, the grant whenever is to be given.  Than use the money to get out of the rat race, no worry about recession, the virus nor the economy.  Fuck the country, fuck the news, fuck the govt.  Enjoy life, stay in the house to age with you (with extra 10 years age lease after that), and the money received,  Eat healthy mediterranean food, wake up early to learn taichi, jogging - be free!!  Reclaim your life and stop suffering over materialistic stuffs you cannot bring with you.

we as commoners especially singles will never outwit or outplay the current housing policies. Spore runs like a sugarcane empire, they will squeeze every citizens dry before we know it. 

Guest GuestBTO2RM

I got my BTO 2 room in 2019. It’s been a year. I am actually using it for storage so I don’t stay there.

Just wondering, if I rent it out, how much rental can it fetch? It’s at Buangkok Green.

If I sell it after 5 years, what is the likely amount it can fetch?

2 hours ago, Guest GuestBTO2RM said:

I got my BTO 2 room in 2019. It’s been a year. I am actually using it for storage so I don’t stay there.

Just wondering, if I rent it out, how much rental can it fetch? It’s at Buangkok Green.

When the government relaxed its policies for singles to purchase BTO 2 room flat in non mature estates it's never about allowing the singles to profit from it but an interim measure to stay there until he and she find a hetrosexual partner and progress to their next life phase or stay in there for life. So my answer is be content with what you have now and stay. 

Guest guest
6 hours ago, Guest GuestBTO2RM said:

If you don't stay there, you are not fulfilling your MOP. Rental for whole unit depends on location, if it is near any MRT or eatery and if there is a high demand around the area. I don't know how much can renting out a 2 rm flat can fetch, since rent out for whole unit of 3 rm flat fetch around $1.8k if the location is good.

If you look at the resale asking pricing for 2 rm flat, for not so good location it can be as low as around $230k. But also must remember when you bought the 2 rm flat also quite low price, should be less than $150k, so selling at $200k plus already consider gain.

Guest guest
6 hours ago, Guest GuestBTO2RM said:

If you didn't stay there and yet buy the flat in the first place?

7 hours ago, Guest GuestBTO2RM said:

What reason to rent out?

U need hdb to approve

I rent out my 2 room 1.2k not include pub

Guest guest
18 minutes ago, thickhead79 said:

What reason to rent out?

U need hdb to approve

I rent out my 2 room 1.2k not include pub

You mean you need hdb to approve to rent out even after the MOP? Then why you rent out your 2 room flat? $1.2k is low for a whole unit.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.