Male HQ

Chiang Mai ( Thailand ) - Massage / Sauna / Places To Visit (Compiled)

Guest Guest

Just came back from Chiang Mai 3 weeks ago. That depends on what you really want. If you are seeking for 1 hr. Massage with hanky panky, you should hecked it out from Utopia-asia. However, that could easily set you back more than BHT1000 including the tips and etc.

My suggestion is to go to straight spa if you want to make your money worth and want a real good massage(No Hanky Panky). You may like to go to this webste for more info on pricelist: http://www.bloomingspa.com/pricelist.html

p.s. I did my massage almost daily with this center as it is really clean and professional. Services is good as well. Avoid Oasis spa at all cost. Tourist trap, too upmarket and the prices are ridiculousy high. Massage so so.

• 2 weeks later...

I dont know why I never harbour the desire to visit Chiang Mai. Maybe it's the thought that anything you can get in Chiang Mai you can probably get it in BKK too.

In Sunday Times, the reviewer said that CM 'has grown up in a hurry. A decade ago, it had little going for it that could be termed super-exciting.Today, the walled, wat-dotted and moat-boarded city is surrounded by a modern sprawl of shopping centres and Starbucks outlets.' The reviewer lamented that 'with tourists pouring in, traffic has worsened, international chains like Haagen-Dazs have set up shop and once-quaint attractions have become less so.'

Anyway, he recommended the following hotels for readers-

'D2 Hotel -The D2 is a modern hotel sited beside the night market in the center of Chiang Mai. It is design-led- from quirky glasses to the cool toiletries. A great juxtapositon of the elegance of Thai design with European stying. Rates- Fm $227 a night for a deluxe room

Tamarind Village Resort- Built in a typical Thai style with long balconies and overhanging roofs, the hotel is a beautiful place to get away from the city's hustle and bustle, yet is close enough to its tourist attractions. The restaurant by the pool is good for meals if you do not want to step out of this oasis of calm. Rates- Fm (4,200 baht) $196 for a superior room

Chedi Chiang Mai- Located in town by the river, this hotel allows you to be in the middle of the action (shops, restaurants, temples) yet still imparts an ari of calm because fo its layout. Book a club suite and breakfast at the club lounge is on the house. Rates- Fm 10,400 baht for a deluxe room

Kaomai Lanna Resort- Located 30mins away from the city, this charming gem embodies the true Northern Thai experience. The combination of lush greenery, antique furnishings, spacious rooms and friendly staff makes time pass a little slower. Rates fm 2,600 baht for a superior room' Sunday Times

• 1 year later...

Hi Singaporean friends!

I am Thai guy from Chiang Mai, now I am in Singapore for 3 months. In case you are interested in travelling to Chiang Mai, my hometown, I will be happy to give some tips.

I will come back to post some useful info about my city, just would like to see if there is any interest here.

Cheers!

Welcome to Singapore!

I am a regular visitor to your great city Chiang Mai for the past 5 years.

Love Chiang Mai very much. Try to visit at least 4-5 times a year.

Everybody there are so friendly and make me feel so welcome.

Hope you have a good time here too!

• 2 weeks later...

waiting patiently for ur useful info :)

cheers!

Hi Singaporean friends!

I am Thai guy from Chiang Mai, now I am in Singapore for 3 months. In case you are interested in travelling to Chiang Mai, my hometown, I will be happy to give some tips.

I will come back to post some useful info about my city, just would like to see if there is any interest here.

Cheers!

waiting patiently for ur useful info :)

cheers!

so sorry that I have kept you waiting, quite busy lah...

starting from October until early March is the good time to visit as the weather gets cool. Be warned that Winter in Chiang Mai can be quite chilly.

btw - i recommend this link for you to see about a new gay hotel/bar in Chiang Mai.

http://www.chiangmainews.com/ecmn/viewfa.php?id=2686

will try to write more travel tips this weekend.

cheers!

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Try lavenderlannahotel.com.... this is quite a recent newly opened gay hotel. It even have a gay gogobar downstairs... Power Boys.

Try picking up a copy of "what's on ChiangMai" free tourist magazine. They have listing of gay clubs, massages in there.

Perhaps Adam's Apple might be the best gogo bar followed by Circle Pub.

• 6 months later...
Guest manliman

Visit Doi Ithanon National Park. There are 2 stupas at the summit. Visit during morning is the best. Visit the waterfall, esp "rainbow waterfall" in the morning. Stay at Doi Ithanon Royal Agricultural Park. There's waterfall, fruits, and accomodation. Thoroughly enjoyed it!

Try www.montrihotel.com

They are having a special promotion starting from just bht800 per night. This hotel is just next to the sunday market. But you need about 10-15mins walk to the night bazaar. Its gay friendly.

Chiang Mai is mainly temples, temples, temples. But try the water rafting. elephant rides. Its all fun. Shopping is not as great as in Bangkok but if you are looking for handicrafts, this is the place.

Guest Guest

Thanks for the info guys! This Chiang Mai trip is more to unwind from work and make up the lost time for myself. Been to BKK many times and thought for a change, hence Chiang Mai!

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...
Guest adi

Anyone has been to Chiang Mai lately?

What is fun there? How to maximize the stay there...?

Thanks.

Just came back few weeks ago. It a must visit city (and HK) for me every year. can't get enough of it. Simple, relax place. Why don't you get tips from utopia (gay) website and trip advisor/lonely planet for general info. I normally stay at a guest house (white Chalet, university area), and recently stayed at Yindee Guest House (Old city) and turn up a nice homey place. You can check out their official website.

• 2 months later...
Guest Nextmonth

Just came back few weeks ago. It a must visit city (and HK) for me every year. can't get enough of it. Simple, relax place. Why don't you get tips from utopia (gay) website and trip advisor/lonely planet for general info. I normally stay at a guest house (white Chalet, university area), and recently stayed at Yindee Guest House (Old city) and turn up a nice homey place. You can check out their official website.

What's a good place to get a gay massage? And where to find local guys for fun? Heading to CM next month.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Was stay at Imperial Mae Ping and went to massage at 2 brothers which is located at the back of the hotel

Went twice" the first one just so so only.

The second time was good, the masseur " golf" so pleasant looking and massage skill also not too bad with happy ending

500 bath is compulsory tips

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Friends,

I moved back to Chiang Mai since last year. Now I am settled here and will be deligthed to welcome visitors to my hometown. Do drop me a note if you are looking for a mature companion while in Chiang Mai. I work in a small hotel and will be glad to meet with people who share the same interests.

PS. I am not offering commercial services, just a nice chat over drinks or meals.

Hi Friends,

Air Asia will operate a direct daily flight Macau - Chiang Mai starting from 22 May onward. Hopefully this will bring more Chinese visitors to the city.

However, the daily Singapore - Chiang Mai flight will be terminated in May leaving only the daily KL - Chiang Mai flights :-(

Guest Alvin

Hi Friends,

Air Asia will operate a direct daily flight Macau - Chiang Mai starting from 22 May onward. Hopefully this will bring more Chinese visitors to the city.

However, the daily Singapore - Chiang Mai flight will be terminated in May leaving only the daily KL - Chiang Mai flights :-(

Very sad to hear that. Jetstar - Singapore to chiang mai , stop operating . After 22 may, no even 1 airline can fly direct to chiang mai. Tiger airways and jetstar never fly to chiang Mai. Sad lah.....

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • G_M changed the title to Chiang Mai ( Thailand ) - Massage / Sauna / Places To Visit (Compiled)
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.