Jump to content
BW Advert Drive

Recommended Posts

Posted
55 minutes ago, MeowPrince said:

Haven't come online for a while.  Nice to see so many still playing.  

 

@Coolbriz you are so lucky!  Other than a pair of mareeps and a single bulbasaur, I've not found ANY other shiny mons.  

 

@Cube3 Chinatown? Woah.  Used to be a blue zone :(   I guess some of the pests from my side may have migrated over...  Form a group to take them down?

 

I roam Robertson Quay, Tiong Bahru, SGH, Bt Merah and the Vivo areas (mainly for the 3 EX gyms).  So if anyone is keen to join me on weekdays to raid or fight gyms, I'd be happy to have you.  Am Mystic (Blue).  For Comm Day, my bf and sometimes a couple of other trainers will join me to hunt mons.

 

Meanwhile, I'm looking forward to Larvitar in June.  :D

 

Long time no “hear”!  Ya I’m looking forward to shiny larvitar next month as well as aloha variants!

Be cool, like a breeze...

Posted
2 hours ago, Coolbriz said:

Long time no “hear”!  Ya I’m looking forward to shiny larvitar next month as well as aloha variants!

Was away for the last couple of weeks.  Gym and solo raids across Europe then.  Gyms there are so easy and tame - just 2-3 mons to take down.

Instagram @the_meowprince

Posted
1 hour ago, MeowPrince said:

Was away for the last couple of weeks.  Gym and solo raids across Europe then.  Gyms there are so easy and tame - just 2-3 mons to take down.

Nice.. did you have a good collection of Mr Mime? 

Be cool, like a breeze...

Posted
12 hours ago, Coolbriz said:

Nice.. did you have a good collection of Mr Mime? 

Eh got them a year ago.  This time coincided with fighting mons and the Eon duo switch, which was sad for me.  Tier5 raids had nobody in the small towns, so had to stick to solo raids all the while.  Its a different thing taking gyms over there.  I meet other trainers on my early morning walkabouts, but everyone is so nice about it.  They see you take down a gym and will kindly leave you to occupy it for a few hours.  Mind you, these people are of the same age as the uncles and aunties back home in Sg, just minus the threats and police reports and anger.

 

It was only my 2 nights in London that I got my first Latios.  Ironically, it also gave me an EX pass..... in London, for the 29th, next week. :wacko:  

 

 

Instagram @the_meowprince

Posted
23 hours ago, MeowPrince said:

@Coolbriz

@Cube3

Meanwhile, I'm looking forward to Larvitar in June.  :D

 

 

I need larvitar for June, but cannot throw excellent throws...let alone consecutive ones :( Helpppp!

Posted
2 hours ago, Cube3 said:

 

I need larvitar for June, but cannot throw excellent throws...let alone consecutive ones :( Helpppp!

Excellent throw to complete Mew research task??

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Cube3 said:

 

I need larvitar for June, but cannot throw excellent throws...let alone consecutive ones :( Helpppp!

Ahhh... the dreaded Excellent Throw!  

 

I realise that I can get that more frequently with legendaries and Wailmers/Slowbros, basically those mons with largest target circle.  So whenever I pick up such quests, I just keep till I get to the riverside where I have good chance of encountering such mons.  The larger circle means its easier to time the throw nicely for Excellent.  For consecutive, I just find a spot with 4-5 of such mons, (Wailmer, Slowbro, Psyduck) and whack and pray......

Edited by MeowPrince

Instagram @the_meowprince

Posted
20 hours ago, enthuboy_93 said:

Excellent throw to complete Mew research task??

 

Three excellent throws research task gets you a high-IV larvitar! :P

 

18 hours ago, MeowPrince said:

Ahhh... the dreaded Excellent Throw!  

 

I realise that I can get that more frequently with legendaries and Wailmers/Slowbros, basically those mons with largest target circle.  So whenever I pick up such quests, I just keep till I get to the riverside where I have good chance of encountering such mons.  The larger circle means its easier to time the throw nicely for Excellent.  For consecutive, I just find a spot with 4-5 of such mons, (Wailmer, Slowbro, Psyduck) and whack and pray......

 

ok good plan! Wailmer, Slowbro, Psyduck, lemme give it a try...but my throws are so inconsistent (sigh)...

Posted

There's such a research task??
How did you get it?

23 minutes ago, Cube3 said:

 

Three excellent throws research task gets you a high-IV larvitar! :P

 

Posted
6 hours ago, Cube3 said:

ok good plan! Wailmer, Slowbro, Psyduck, lemme give it a try...but my throws are so inconsistent (sigh)...

Just practice and pray.  I do that.  I only managed 3 a in row once, all with big blue fishballs, and darn stressful!

All the best!

 

 

6 hours ago, enthuboy_93 said:

There's such a research task??
How did you get it?

 

Search the Sg Pogo FB group every morning.  Some kind soul will announce the pokestop with the quest nowadays.  Otherwise its all luck of the draw.

I picked up a 3-rare-candy quest (catch dragon type) yesterday by luck too.  Heard there was a hatch-5-egg Chansey quest from Chinatown then too.  There are also quests that give Charged TM or a single rare candy or a Max Revive.  I'll guess that these are probably the more sought-after ones, aside for the chansey.

 

Instagram @the_meowprince

Posted

Ya recently there were 2 pokestops in Bedok with chansey quests so I spun them but I stacked them and didn’t catch them. Will stack till the Max haha. 3 consecutive Excellent throws are tough! So got to practise hard.. everyone gambate!

Be cool, like a breeze...

Posted
8 minutes ago, JustASinkie said:

 

Nice! ;)

 

Havent got a chance to see them yet :s

Event ends 5 Jun so still got chance! 

Be cool, like a breeze...

Posted

no shiny the whole day...zzz

 

juz shoot! Make every frame counts! 

www.instagram.com/dphotogsg

Posted
3 hours ago, MeowPrince said:

Search the Sg Pogo FB group every morning.  Some kind soul will announce the pokestop with the quest nowadays.  Otherwise its all luck of the draw.

I picked up a 3-rare-candy quest (catch dragon type) yesterday by luck too.  Heard there was a hatch-5-egg Chansey quest from Chinatown then too.  There are also quests that give Charged TM or a single rare candy or a Max Revive.  I'll guess that these are probably the more sought-after ones, aside for the chansey.

 

Ohh so just the normal way of spinning Pokestops and getting quests, and see luck uh

Posted
10 hours ago, enthuboy_93 said:

Ohh so just the normal way of spinning Pokestops and getting quests, and see luck uh

Yes.  Today, there is a larvitar quest at NUH, a pokestop just off Medical Drive.  

3 Excellent Throws In A Row.  All the best!

 

 

10 hours ago, pornoG said:

no shiny the whole day...zzz

 

Don't worry, you're not alone.  I haven't met a single shiny since Mareep CommDay!

Instagram @the_meowprince

Posted
19 minutes ago, MeowPrince said:

Yes.  Today, there is a larvitar quest at NUH, a pokestop just off Medical Drive.  

3 Excellent Throws In A Row.  All the best!

 

 

Don't worry, you're not alone.  I haven't met a single shiny since Mareep CommDay!

GASP, u din play for charmander commday?

 

juz shoot! Make every frame counts! 

www.instagram.com/dphotogsg

Posted
8 hours ago, pornoG said:

GASP, u din play for charmander commday?

 

Sadly, no.  I was somewhere overhead Armenia or Kazakhstan during those hours.  I also missed Pikachu's.

Only played Mareep, Dratini and Bulbasaur.  Shall be around for Larvitar though.  :D

Usually head to Vivo to catch.  Its easy to walk, has abundant reloading stops, and ample lunch choices.

 

That said, I think the pogo gods hate me.  I can catch 15 legendaries and 14 of them will be sub-80% and shiny avoid me like the plague.  My BF has caught shiny mons at every CommDay and I can only watch in silent envy.   In fact, all my pogo-playing friends have caught more shiny mons.   :(

Instagram @the_meowprince

Posted

day 2... still no shiny... Grrrrr

juz shoot! Make every frame counts! 

www.instagram.com/dphotogsg

Posted
6 hours ago, MeowPrince said:

 

 

Don't fret.  Its a 0.2% chance anyway. ;)

 

Ya my Friend caught 1000 meditite & makuhita each and got 0 shiny. There’s some stats saying if you have seen that many Pokémon, you have 95% chance of encountering a shiny. My Friend belongs to the 5%.. :frustrated:

Be cool, like a breeze...

Posted
5 hours ago, Coolbriz said:

Ya my Friend caught 1000 meditite & makuhita each and got 0 shiny. There’s some stats saying if you have seen that many Pokémon, you have 95% chance of encountering a shiny. My Friend belongs to the 5%.. :frustrated:

I'm also in that tiny %.  But not worries, since I go for good combat power and not looks, so shiny does not matter.

What matters is whether I get another EX pass for this week's lottery.

 

 

Instagram @the_meowprince

Posted
1 hour ago, MeowPrince said:

I'm also in that tiny %.  But not worries, since I go for good combat power and not looks, so shiny does not matter.

What matters is whether I get another EX pass for this week's lottery.

 

 

lol, i din buy this week.. so yeah, just play along ba... day 3 of zilch...

 

juz shoot! Make every frame counts! 

www.instagram.com/dphotogsg

Posted
10 hours ago, MeowPrince said:

I'm also in that tiny %.  But not worries, since I go for good combat power and not looks, so shiny does not matter.

What matters is whether I get another EX pass for this week's lottery.

 

 

 

Why do you need so many MewTwos???????:blink:

Posted
4 hours ago, Cube3 said:

 

Why do you need so many MewTwos???????:blink:

I think having a battle team of mewtwo is pretty cool. 6 will be a good number? Haha

Be cool, like a breeze...

Posted
3 hours ago, Cube3 said:

 

Why do you need so many MewTwos???????:blink:

I want a pair of PesA ones to round off both my gym-fighting teams.  So far my luck has only given me  a single 91% Mewtwo and the rest 68-77% ones.  Its frustrating to see all the others in the raid group get "wonders" when mine is only "caught attention".

 

 

 

12 hours ago, pornoG said:

lol, i din buy this week.. so yeah, just play along ba... day 3 of zilch...

 

Don't worry, I caught 6893 magikarp before getting my only shiny karp.  17CP and 33%IV some more!  

Out of total 72,985 mons caught.  Only 1 shiny karp, 1 shiny aron, 1 shiny mareep.  The kind of odds.... :wacko:

No shiny meditite, poochy, dratini, pikachu, bulba, magmar, omany, kabuto, aerodactyl, togepi, wobuffet, lugia, ho-oh, mawile, purple fishball, swablu, absol, snorunt, luvdisc, duskull, shuppet or sableye either.   Yes, that is how UN-Shiny I get.  Hahaha.  

Instagram @the_meowprince

Posted
3 minutes ago, Coolbriz said:

I think having a battle team of mewtwo is pretty cool. 6 will be a good number? Haha

I'll settle for 2-3 good Mewtwos.  

Instagram @the_meowprince

Posted
5 minutes ago, MeowPrince said:

I'll settle for 2-3 good Mewtwos.  

Never get any wonder mewtwo too.. 

Be cool, like a breeze...

Guest Mew2
Posted
1 hour ago, MeowPrince said:

I want a pair of PesA ones to round off both my gym-fighting teams.  So far my luck has only given me  a single 91% Mewtwo and the rest 68-77% ones.  Its frustrating to see all the others in the raid group get "wonders" when mine is only "caught attention".

 

I got a few 90+%, but attack only 12, no incentive to power up.

Posted

hey guys!

 

how do you decide which monsters to keep and which to be candy-dized?

I mean, for sure the 100iv and shinies are a MUST keep, same goes to legendary monsters.

But for the regular spawns, do you keep them based on their IV ?

Eg: only keep those with 80%iv and above and anything below is turned to candy?

 

I didn't purchase the extra storage, and rarely park my monsters in gym for the coins too :( 

"KNOWLEDGE will be your passport to WHEREVER you want to go in the world." - Marco Pierre White


"Taste. Savor. Relish." - Chef Slowik (The Menu, 2022)

 

Posted
32 minutes ago, 1potato2potato said:

hey guys!

 

how do you decide which monsters to keep and which to be candy-dized?

I mean, for sure the 100iv and shinies are a MUST keep, same goes to legendary monsters.

But for the regular spawns, do you keep them based on their IV ?

Eg: only keep those with 80%iv and above and anything below is turned to candy?

 

I didn't purchase the extra storage, and rarely park my monsters in gym for the coins too :( 

For me, i only keep those above 90%

Posted
31 minutes ago, nip_fun said:

For me, i only keep those above 90%

That would make it pretty easy to maintain :)
Thanks @nip_fun

"KNOWLEDGE will be your passport to WHEREVER you want to go in the world." - Marco Pierre White


"Taste. Savor. Relish." - Chef Slowik (The Menu, 2022)

 

Guest Spoof
Posted

Got anyone still spoof to catch pokemon.How did you do it?

Posted
8 hours ago, Coolbriz said:

Never get any wonder mewtwo too.. 

Keep trying as all we can do.

 

 

5 hours ago, 1potato2potato said:

how do you decide which monsters to keep and which to be candy-dized?

I mean, for sure the 100iv and shinies are a MUST keep, same goes to legendary monsters.

But for the regular spawns, do you keep them based on their IV ?

Eg: only keep those with 80%iv and above and anything below is turned to candy?

 

I didn't purchase the extra storage, and rarely park my monsters in gym for the coins too :( 

You choose a playing style and build from there.  

I only keep those with IV above 90%, and then only if they are viable fighters (since I battle gyms and raids), or if they are starters.  I did not buy space, so for the legendaries, I actually dump those that are low-IV.  Even then, I keep a cap on the number I retain.  The mons I keep several of are Machamps for taking down gyms, Dragonites for all-purpose fighting, and Tyranitars.  Useless things like luvdisc, pidgeots, crobats, and the like I dump.  And my storage is currently just 225/300 filled.

 

 

EX Raids

For those wanting to get a chance for an EX Raid pass, you need to do a couple of things :-

1.  Locate the EX qualifying gyms nearest or most convenient to you (there are plenty everywhere, esp in park/garden/open spaces)

2.  Check the qualifying periods (eg: Vivocity's Orange and Blue Bubbleman will open for new round of raids this Wed till Sun).  

3.  Use your raid passes on the target gym throughout the qualifying period (you may need to buy a couple of extra passes!).

4.  Pray hard that you get it.

You can increase your chances by fighting and occupying the gym a week or two beforehand, but it is not entirely necessary now.  

Instagram @the_meowprince

Posted
34 minutes ago, MeowPrince said:

 

EX Raids

For those wanting to get a chance for an EX Raid pass, you need to do a couple of things :-

1.  Locate the EX qualifying gyms nearest or most convenient to you (there are plenty everywhere, esp in park/garden/open spaces)

2.  Check the qualifying periods (eg: Vivocity's Orange and Blue Bubbleman will open for new round of raids this Wed till Sun).  

3.  Use your raid passes on the target gym throughout the qualifying period (you may need to buy a couple of extra passes!).

4.  Pray hard that you get it.

You can increase your chances by fighting and occupying the gym a week or two beforehand, but it is not entirely necessary now.  

 

https://xiankai.github.io/sg-pokemongo-ex-raid-map/

refer to this for ex raid gym

juz shoot! Make every frame counts! 

www.instagram.com/dphotogsg

Posted
16 hours ago, MeowPrince said:

And my storage is currently just 225/300 filled.

 

 

* Gasp * You must really like to play in tight tight spaces... :P

Posted

For those who need to get excellent throws for your quest, I think the alohan exegutor is pretty easier as compared to others, though you got to get used to its headless appearance and distracting third head that looks like our third leg..

Be cool, like a breeze...

Posted
3 hours ago, Coolbriz said:

For those who need to get excellent throws for your quest, I think the alohan exegutor is pretty easier as compared to others, though you got to get used to its headless appearance and distracting third head that looks like our third leg..

Yes, with its large target circle.  Already claimed a larvitar with 3 excellent throws this morn.

 

For those who want the Evolve Omanyte/Kabuto quest and the Larvitar quest :-

 - one of the pokestops in front of Regency Suites along Kim Tian Road (get larvitar)

 - both pokestops near the Hotel81 in Tiong Bahru, opposite Foodie Marketplace (get aerodactyl)

 - pokestop opposite Flock Cafe in Tiong Bahru (get aerodactyl)

For today (1st Jun) only.  All the best!

 

Instagram @the_meowprince

Guest Shinee
Posted

How many of you just click on the Pokémon and exit if the shiny animation does not show? 

 

Apparently it was reported a few days ago a shiny glitch may occur where it only registers as a shiny after you catch the mon into your pokedex. So if you click and exit, you may have actually missed a shiny.

Posted
On 5/28/2018 at 7:57 PM, MeowPrince said:
51 minutes ago, Guest Shinee said:

How many of you just click on the Pokémon and exit if the shiny animation does not show? 

 

Apparently it was reported a few days ago a shiny glitch may occur where it only registers as a shiny after you catch the mon into your pokedex. So if you click and exit, you may have actually missed a shiny.

how true this is? i dun really click away, just catch lor and working towards the big 40....

 

juz shoot! Make every frame counts! 

www.instagram.com/dphotogsg

Posted

giam cai mia..... one week and still not a single shiny...

juz shoot! Make every frame counts! 

www.instagram.com/dphotogsg

Posted
1 hour ago, Guest Shinee said:

How many of you just click on the Pokémon and exit if the shiny animation does not show? 

 

Apparently it was reported a few days ago a shiny glitch may occur where it only registers as a shiny after you catch the mon into your pokedex. So if you click and exit, you may have actually missed a shiny.

Ya I have caught every single kabuto I encountered but still 0 shiny. Or am I not seeing one that should be in my inventory? Lol

Be cool, like a breeze...

Posted
On 6/1/2018 at 8:56 PM, pornoG said:

how true this is? i dun really click away, just catch lor and working towards the big 40....

 

No idea.  But I do not face the problem.  I have however, FINALLY, gotten a shiny Ho-Oh, from raiding one of my regular EX gyms.  :D

Still no other shiny, though BF has gotten 2 red Absols, 3 purple Aerodactyls and a green Kabuto.  And a sore-eyed Aron.... :( 

Instagram @the_meowprince

Posted
4 hours ago, MeowPrince said:

 

No idea.  But I do not face the problem.  I have however, FINALLY, gotten a shiny Ho-Oh, from raiding one of my regular EX gyms.  :D

Still no other shiny, though BF has gotten 2 red Absols, 3 purple Aerodactyls and a green Kabuto.  And a sore-eyed Aron.... :( 

Gratz on shiny Ho oh! No luck with the green guy too while I watched in awe, my mom who caught 3 shiny Aero, 2 Kabuto, 1 Aron and 1 omanyte..

Be cool, like a breeze...

×
×
  • Create New...