Male HQ

Gay / Queer Themed Movie / TV Series / Short Film / Music Video MTV / Commercials (Non-Pxxn) (Compiled)

Guest Xiaoxiong

This one turned out to be a very pleasant surprise - it was a Taiwanese made-for-TV movie, so I wasn't expecting much. It was only after I watched and liked it that I found out the director had worked under both Edward Yang and Hou Hsiao Hsien, which explains a lot.

If anyone wants better quality than the shitty youtube video, let me know and I can point you in the right direction.

Edited by tgdly

New Movie "男生愛女身" (彩虹版[送行者])

"男生愛女身" 描述一群坐鎮EDEN伊甸酒吧的變裝皇后,歡場上華麗耀眼,卻不敢以真面目回老家過節。某天,變性的好姊妹意外猝死,他的家人卻不承認「失根」的孩子,EDEN的好姊妹不忍心,幫他畫上生前最喜歡的妝,豁出去帶他美美返鄉,要說服親友接受真正的他。一場笑淚交織的「彩虹版」送行之旅,轟轟烈烈展開。" J& J/ D4 I* a. A8 u

• 2 weeks later...

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

善待对人。麻烦用英文来表达信息。不是每个人都会看的懂中文 “People need to learn the art of making an argument. Often there is no

right or wrong. It's just your opinion vs someone else's opinion. How you deliver that opinion could make the difference between opening a mind,

changing an opinion or shutting the door. Sometimes folk just don't know when they've "argued" enough. Learn when to shut up."

― J'son M. Lee 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This one turned out to be a very pleasant surprise - it was a Taiwanese made-for-TV movie, so I wasn't expecting much. It was only after I watched and liked it that I found out the director had worked under both Edward Yang and Hou Hsiao Hsien, which explains a lot.

If anyone wants better quality than the shitty youtube video, let me know and I can point you in the right direction.

thanks for sharing.. looks promising..

mind revealing the right direction here? would love to watch this in better quality

tumblr_m6i5n25CGw1rotbq4o1_500.gif

• 2 weeks later...

The Language of Love is a short film about a gay teenager struggling with his sexuality and the love for his best friend.

It is brilliantly written and acted by Kim Ho and it's one of the best shorts I've watched so far.

'You always hear people says it's... weird, and just not normal (being gay)... but, isn't that the point of love? To transcend normalness and become something special. Maybe the French would even back me. I mean, amour is a masculine noun.'

running, cycling and yoga. 

The Language of Love is a short film about a gay teenager struggling with his sexuality and the love for his best friend.

It is brilliantly written and acted by Kim Ho and it's one of the best shorts I've watched so far.

'You always hear people says it's... weird, and just not normal (being gay)... but, isn't that the point of love? To transcend normalness and become something special. Maybe the French would even back me. I mean, amour is a masculine noun.'

i googled how to tell a guy you like him,

but all the search results are how to put on more make up.. - very well written in our modern context..

tumblr_m6i5n25CGw1rotbq4o1_500.gif

Singapore first docu-drama on Gay.

(part 3/3)

It was only in May 2003 that the very first locally-produced television documentary dealing with homosexuality as its main subject was broadcast on Singaporean airwaves. It was a homophobic, 30-minute episode in a Mandarin-language series called "Crunch Time 2" shown on Channel U, a television station owned by Singapore Press Holdings. The series was advertised in The Straits Times which promoted it as one that featured the turning points in the lives of 12 people including a loan shark, an unwed mother and a drug addict.
The particular program featured actors re-enacting the supposedly true-life account of a young, masculine gay Singaporean man cruising for sex in public swimming pools and toilets. It reinforced the misconception that homosexuality resulted from having an unhappy home, parents who constantly fight, and being sexually abused. In this case, the protagonist was only 6 years old when he was asked by an adult female to perform sexual acts with a girl his age. The episode wound up with an interview with a spokesman from Choices, a Christian counselling group from the Church of our Saviour (COOS) in Queenstown which helps "straighten" out gay lives, which was the eventual outcome for the gay man in the story. He was depicted as having been "successfully'" converted through counselling from a dissatisfied, unfulfilled homosexual to a man happily married to a female spouse and producing a son.
The negative and stereotypical depiction of homosexuality in the program prompted an online petition which garnered more than 200 signatories over the ensuing weekend[1]. It probably had a significant effect as the episode was the last time a homophobic documentary was aired in Singapore. However, the overwhelmingly influential factor in ending televised homophobia was Prime Minister Goh Chok Tong's statements in Time magazine in July 2003 about reversing anti-gay hiring policies in the Civil Service.
Links:
http://sgwiki.com/wiki/Singapore_gay_...
http://www.fridae.asia/newsfeatures/2...

Guest lulu

The director who made "No Regrets" has once again done a new gay movie:  "White Night 2012".  Won-gyu, a steward, returns to Seoul 2 years after he left with a painful memory. He meets Tae-jun acquainted on the Web and they have a special night at the place of Won-gyu's bad memory. A queer film inspired by an actual case of random street assault by a homophobe in Jong-no.

Guest Guest

Speaking of homo-themed movie, one can never go "wrong" with this movie.

" Love of Siam ".

While this movie is mainly focused on the 90's babies (who is now teens/pre-adults), I think most of you will find this movie heart-warming yet sad.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7T0TeCOJ_8A

Above link is to the full movie with English sub. :D

The actor in this movie is Mario Maurer and Pchy. This is the movie that brought Mario Maurer to his stardom. 

The director who made "No Regrets" has once again done a new gay movie: "White Night 2012".

Won-gyu, a steward, returns to Seoul 2 years after he left with a painful memory. He meets Tae-jun acquainted on the Web and they have a special night at the place of Won-gyu's bad memory. A queer film inspired by an actual case of random street assault by a homophobe in Jong-no.

Any idea where to download the title?

Guest Love of Siam

Wow!

I'd just finished watching " Love of Siam " as recommended by the previous poster.

This is NICE!

Can anyone tell me the actor's name? Both Tong and his lover!

Are they Westerners? They don't look Thai.

Anyway, I found another link to the full video on youtube, as the previous one got removed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pg7mQPzPDsk

Really can't get the entire scene of this movie off my brain now.. Shit.. :'(

Wow!

Can anyone tell me the actor's name? Both Tong and his lover!

Are they Westerners? They don't look Thai.

Really can't get the entire scene of this movie off my brain now.. Shit.. :'(

Yes, I love this show very much when I watched it a few years back...

Anyway, Tong = Mario Maure (Thai-German), Mew = Witwisit Hiranvawongkul (Thai)...

Don't you find the theme song very nice too?   :)

Happy - is what we should be, always.

Notice: I DO NOT use the Chat Function in this Forum - this has always been written in my profile (and I don't read it too).

{it is unfortunate that this new Chat Function does not allow users to turn/switch off in mobile phone}

Guest Love of Siam

Yes, I love this show very much when I watched it a few years back...

Anyway, Tong = Mario Maure (Thai-German), Mew = Witwisit Hiranvawongkul (Thai)...

Don't you find the theme song very nice too? :)

Yes!

I just downloaded the song. On my replay button since just now... Amazing.

Tong / Mario is all grown up now! Nonetheless he still look extremely handsome.

Mew / Pchy is really cute too!

But I think Mario is really really good looking. Although he is not very muscular sort ..

Not sure if anyone has posted this ... "Any Day Now".

A powerful and moving story of injustice and discrimination. Although set in the 70s, many of the issues are still as relevant today. The portrayal of the gay couple is also very positive.

Does anyone know if this has been shown in our local cinemas? Very interesting movie. Would like to see it.

• 2 weeks later...

The director who made "No Regrets" has once again done a new gay movie:  "White Night 2012".  Won-gyu, a steward, returns to Seoul 2 years after he left with a painful memory. He meets Tae-jun acquainted on the Web and they have a special night at the place of Won-gyu's bad memory. A queer film inspired by an actual case of random street assault by a homophobe in Jong-no.

I just got the original Korean 'White Night 2012' dvd which included another DVD for the movie 'Suddenly last summer and going south'

both are in korea but have english sub-titles

• 2 weeks later...
  • G_M changed the title to Gay Themed Music Video / MTV (compiled)
  • G_M locked, locked, locked, locked and locked this topic
  • G_M locked, locked and locked this topic
  • G_M unlocked and unlocked this topic
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.