Male HQ

Gaydar - How Good Are You at telling if someone is Gay? + How To Develop It? + What Are The Signals? (Compiled)

Guest Guest

A good looking straight man has better gaydar than the average straight guy.

A straight married and rich man once told me "I like to look at all things beautiful, including men"

A straight man does not mind a harmless fling with a gay man if he is very hot.

A straight likes beautiful sister only,mind you, hot Korean beautiful type of sisters ...only gays likes hunky,manly men

A good looking straight man has better gaydar than the average straight guy.

A straight married and rich man once told me "I like to look at all things beautiful, including men"

A straight man does not mind a harmless fling with a gay man if he is very hot.

What straight? Cock is straight u mean?

Sounds like some homophobic closeted and confused gay man in denial.

Guest Pinky fingers

Some gay people can't tell whether the other gay is gay if that gay guy is straight acting.  We shouldn't expect straight people to have better gaydar than gay people. On the other hand, I am the one that screamed gay, no gaydar needed to spot me.

Some gay people can't tell whether the other gay is gay if that gay guy is straight acting.  We shouldn't expect straight people to have better gaydar than gay people. On the other hand, I am the one that screamed gay, no gaydar needed to spot me.

true.

but I feel annoyed sometimes. gay can't tell gay.

只不过只是...

true.

but I feel annoyed sometimes. gay can't tell gay

You tell whether a straight-acting gay person is gay only if he stalked you, if he opened his mouth to talk, where his usual activities (gym, sauna), how he dress, whether he look at woman all the time.

You tell whether a straight-acting gay person is gay only if he stalked you, if he opened his mouth to talk, where his usual activities (gym, sauna), how he dress, whether he look at woman all the time.

U mean if his usual activities are gym n sauna, most prob he is gay?

对自己好是一种幸福,

对别人好是一种积福。

Spend time counting your blessings,

not airing your complaints.

my gaydar is like practically non-existent as well. can't tell if one is gay unless the signs are damn obvious

Haha, i think i can only tell if one is gay if he come n touch me!

对自己好是一种幸福,

对别人好是一种积福。

Spend time counting your blessings,

not airing your complaints.

They definitely do.  That's how many of them can tell that I am and if the vibes are right, then the body language begins.  More often than not, we end up in bed or their dicks land in my mouth in the cars etc etc.  Even taxi drivers who are straight can tell us apart.

Suck my tits and I'll lick your balls.

Lick my arse and I'll suck your cock.

All in sex is fair.

The only bad thing about sex is that it doesn't last long enough.

Read my blog - www.anasianjourney.blogspot.com

• 4 months later...

There's an archived thread similar to this but it's still worthy to share. For ease, I have listed them down and provided pictures. David France in his article talk about some biological traits of homosexuals based on past researches.

• Gay men and lesbians have about a 50 percent greater chance of being left-handed or ambidextrous than straight men or women.
  • gaydar070625_4_560.jpg

• The index fingers of most straight men are shorter than their ring fingers, while for most women they are closer in length, or even reversed in ratio. Gay men and lesbians tend to have reversed ratios.gaydar070625_3_560.jpg

• 75 percent of gay men sounded gay to a general audience.

• Gay men are more likely than straight men to have a counterclockwise whorl.gaydar070625_1_560.jpg

• Gay men and straight women have an increased density of fingerprint ridges on the thumb and pinkie of the left hand. 
  • gaydar070625_2_560.jpg

• Gay men’s penises were thicker (4.95 inches versus 4.80) and longer (6.32 inches versus 5.99). This result, however, is biased.

• The second-born son is 33 percent more likely than the first to be gay, and the third is 33 percent more likely than the second, and so on.

• In gay men, INAH3, a cell cluster in the hypothalamus, is similar in size to straight women’s. In men, INAH3 is more than twice the size of the cluster in (presumably straight) women.

• Only 50 percent of gay identical twins share a sexual orientation with their sibling, despite being genetically identical.
Edited by leibniz

Do the things at which you are great, not what you were never made for.”

• 8 months later...

I don't think it's very nice to 'test' anyone's sexuality.

Since he's going abroad for studies any way why not just confess directly?

I know it's easy to say and would probably take years of guts to do it, but I think it's better to regret doing something than to regret not doing it (don't go around raping him of course).

If he's homophobic and doesn't want to have anything to do with you anymore, then you can forget him and move on with life.

If he rejects you but is still willing to be friends, then just keep the friendship going.

If all goes well for you, then good for you.

If you're at a loss for what to give for a gift, just walk around town/shops and pick up items that reminds you of him, it could always be a farewell gift or a this-reminds-me-of-you gift.

Guest Guest

So what if he turns out to be aj. Are you going to be fuck buddies for the next 2 months? He is leaving for overseas studies soon. Why go catch someone whom you know will be leaving and making more new friends somewhere else for extended period of time. So for that, you are willing to compromise your friendship with him in case he is not gay? You keep thinking what you will gain if you win the bet. But you fail to consider what you might lose if you don't win it. For me, I will just maintain my friendship with him. And when he returns, then see how. There's no point rushing to find out if he is gay. Even if he is, so what? Whatever "relationship" you have with him will be suspended in motion the entire period that he is away.

Oh man I feel you. I had a crush on a friend in NS too and I thought he was always giving me mixed signals LOL. We would gym together, watch dramas together and a few times we even chatted till late at night. He was always damn suay though, the School Sergeant Major (SSM, RSM equivalent in tekong) always aimed him and I would listen to him rant and bitch about that old fogey and the new extras he'd gotten. Heck, I even took the train home just to spend more time with him even though I had a direct bus to catch home hahaha. Good times. In the end the crush died out, but I was REALLY REALLY close to confessing my feelings for him. Till today I still am contemplating if I should come out to him (because he did mention before he's okay with gay people). It's been almost 3 years since my ORD ahahaha.

Try to see if he shoots glances/looks at other guys as they enter the room (it's like a covert version of straight guys checking out girls), and like Easley said, talk about LGBT stuff to probe and test water. Even if he isn't gay/bi it would still be heartening to know that he accepts gays and the like (if he does, i mean). Though you still risk ruining the friendship/making things awkward if you do confess your feelings for him. I guess it all depends on what sort of person he is (or at least you think he is).

All the best! Even if you can't decide on what to do, I hope you will be at peace with yourself and sort out your feelings. I'm sure there's plenty of people to talk to, if not you can talk to me :D

This is what happens when a person falls in love. Sentimenterljunk cant help having that feelings. Dun blame him for behaving what he is doing. I suggest him to come clean about his feelings. There is nothing to lose - at most his buddy cant accept him or he's really str8. By then, he can recover & move on with his life.

Lastly, he wont have "what if" question at a later part of his life & live to regret it. Time doesnt wait for people who didnt take the opportunity. Live life for now & just do it.

Edited by Pd69

Remind me of my first BF (which he still have a place in my heart)...

Long story short... I did spy him to see if he's really str8 as claimed... As we were MP and need to perform guard duty at night... I caught him flipping playboy magazines and chatting over those flirting phone lines....and DIY'ing himself...

Told myself that I should be blessed... but also I knew that it will not last long. .. true enough our relationship last only1.5years... His now happily married with kids.. he had have my blessing

This is what happens when a person falls in love. Sentimenterljunk cant help having that feelings. Dun blame him for behaving what he is doing. I suggest him to come clean about his feelings. There is nothing to lose - at most his buddy cant accept him or he's really str8. By then, he can recover & move on with his life.

Lastly, he wont have "what if" question at a later part of his life & live to regret it. Time doesnt wait for people who didnt take the opportunity. Live life for now & just do it.

Guest Star

It happen almost 18 years ago, I was in my mid 20s when I just came out, meeting new friends and some hit and miss romance. my friend (D) brought a friend (K) along to a club. I won't say its love at first sight but I thought K was cute and proper looking. But D do not want me to hit on this guy say something funny which I can't recall now. 3 of us met once/twice a week for clubs and meals (my friend is attached). I have another friend (W) join in once in a while. I confide to W that I was dying to know if he's gay while D doesn't want to say anything. W encourage me to ask K.

I "dated" K out for movie on weekend where we spend together talking till past midnight. At that time, he talked about his past gf relationships. I was quite disappointed when the conversation veered towards this direction. He told me that he just broke off with his gf and he was about to go overseas for studies in 6 mths time. He asked me if I had any gf. That's where I told him no and I outed myself to him. He was surprised about my boldness. I even confessed that I LIKE him.

Suddenly he told me that he's currently attached with another guy. I was shocked by the news. He continue to shock me saying that he was the guy whom I was talking to in a gay IRC and I was also trying to talk to him on the phone rather than on the keyboard since we hit off very well. I was too shocked to even think about strangling him for keeping it from me all this while.

We remain good friends thereafter.

I was later on attached with another guy I met at the club and after a while, K broke off with his bf. We still keep in touch. 3 months after our outing conversation, he asked me if I want to go overseas for a short holiday after his biz trip. He will be alone and he needed a break before he went for his further studies.

I told him it is not possible so this was not brought up until I ad some issues with my bf and decided to get away. I called him whether is it possible to join him since the trip is about a week away. 

Next thing I know, I was rushing to get my trip (tickets, leave etc) settled and jet off alone to meet him in a country I had never been before.

18 years had passed, Here I am writing my story late at night (3am) while K is snoring behind me .....

:)

Guest 72%dark

You can keep looking for clues – there are lots of possible signs after all – but short of witnessing him engage in actual homoerotic activity, you'll always be second-guessing and never truly sure. So if you really can't suppress your feelings and need to do something about it it seems best to just be direct. If you come out to him first you can gauge his reaction and that may give you a better idea of how he might react if you went further and confessed to liking him.

Bear in mind that sometimes people put on the homophobic act as a cover/smokescreen, to discourage people from thinking that they're gay. But if it turned out that he really is homophobic, it's not necessarily a bad thing to find out. In the long term, would you feel comfortable remaining closeted just to continue being friends with him?

Can totally sympathize as I went through something very similar in NS too. Wishing you luck ;-)

Edited by 72%dark

Guest Guest

If he is gay and he likes you, he will definitely give you a hint.  If he is gay and he doesn't like you, he will just pretend he is straight.  He may like you as a friend, but he is straight or just gay-friendly.  It can be confusing. 

• 1 month later...

He notices you from the corner of his eyes, then he starts staring at you, then he takes out his wallet and accidentally drops his Cruise Club card. That's how you can be sure. ;-P

That's an invitation lol. I should learn that one.

But I can't even look guys I find cute/interesting for more than 1 second in the eyes.

Most time while i walk on the street some guys will look to my direction. When our eyes meet i notice some of them have their eyes glow like eyes get shine up. It looks kind of funny to me. I think they are gay and i attract their attention. But i am just not sure because it occurs to some kids i met on the street too.

I wonder anyone has the same experience?

Guest 72%dark

Unfortunately there’s no secret handshake. And don’t bother looking out for earrings, hankies, dress sense, limp wrists, etc either.

The only thing that all gay men have in common is being attracted to other men. So the only sure way of knowing if a guy is gay is if he shows signs (whether directly or indirectly) of being attracted to other men. In theory this could take many forms but in practice, in everyday public contexts, it’s in the eyes (as @leo yok loo has pointed out). People, whatever their gender and sexual orientation, tend to look at/pay attention to other people they’re attracted to in a certain way. With some attentiveness and experience, you’ll be able to recognize (or at least make a good guess) when a guy is ‘checking out’ other guys. It’s even clearer if the person they’re checking out is you. This is why establishing and maintaining eye contact is the first step in cruising.

Like a submarine sonar ping, the act of observation is itself observable, so if you’re doing this a lot you’re also more likely to give yourself away (which could be a good or bad thing, depending).

When you randomly landed a glance on someone cool on the street and noticed that he did the same to you, gaydar was activated and you tested again by looking back. Then you noticed that he indeed looked back at you again. Just to double confirm, you tried getting closer and repeated the process. However, it was not reciprocated this time round. That's so much about how much you can confirm. Perhaps only in those gay social apps or programs that you can 100% confirm plus chop ;)

Be cool, like a breeze...

• G_M changed the title to Gaydar - How Good Are You at telling if someone is Gay? + How To Develop It? + What Are The Signals? (Compiled)
  • G_M locked and locked this topic
  • G_M locked, locked, locked, locked and locked this topic
  • Guest locked this topic
  • G_M unlocked this topic
  • G_M unlocked and unlocked this topic
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.