Male HQ

All about Covid-19 Discussion in Singapore (compiled)

Guest Guest

Guest Guest
3 hours ago, Guest Try and see said:

Only for Covid19 patients (as a deterrent), and for you when you get gonorrhoea.

That’s a really stupid suggestion, perhaps you should think before you post and no need to be abusive to every guest.

Guest Guest

First, the article has already said

10 hours ago, Guest repeated said:

Coronavirus found in air samples up to 4 metres from patients:

In case anyone has forgotten, our safe distance over here in SINGAPORE is only at 1 meter. And yet, even until now, somebody still wants to insist the following: 

As a result, the most important finding of this research is: Distancing is much more important (than wearing a mask) because the aerosols will not reach the other person if sufficient distance to an infected person has been kept.

Please note that German scientists concluded from the new research findings placing importance on safe distancing measures are more adequate to counter any aerosol transmission of the virus.

I also came across this ST article    https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/health/nus-covid-19-reports-shared-across-the-world which made me wonder if the entire reason why we have failed to contain the virus is because  we went to implement policies after listening to all those bad "research". And some of the bad policies are still in place now, because those guys who came up with such research and those who implemented them are trying to defend all those bad findings till their last and final breath.  

"When the coronavirus epidemic started in Singapore, the Ministry of Health's (MOH) chief health scientist Tan Chorh Chuan asked the National University of Singapore's Saw Swee Hock School of Public Health (SSHSPH) for help to scour the academic and business worlds for relevant information on diagnostics, therapeutics and vaccines.

Within four days, a report was put together for the MOH and other ministries involved in the response." 

Guest Guest
53 minutes ago, Since u r here said:

many W/o fail still sharing online their daily flings in public toilets and sex rendv hookups

People just trying to agree and prove what your Master told you. What's your problem?  

Minister Josephine Teo's most profound statement: milk is milk ... 

Not surprised if the next cluster coming from the maid, we had the luxury of benefit of hindsight. Ask maid to stay at home and keep infecting the whole family.... 

On 4/5/2020 at 8:48 PM, lonelyglobe said:

Next,  would we see a spike in Philippino maid infection and these maid in turn infect their respective families they worked for...... OK,  perhaps is time for mass screening as suggested by some. 

3 hours ago, bluerunner said:

That 119 unlinked case is worrying. Hope it’s spiking and will come down soon. 
Stay home and mask up, people. 

Don't worry,  they said everything is under control so we had to believe right? 

3 minutes ago, lonelyglobe said:

Don't worry,  they said everything is under control so we had to believe right? 

Everyone needs to play his part. Don’t expect the gahmen to take care of everyone. 
Don’t keep asking what the country can do for you. Ask what you can do for the country especially at difficult time like this. 

3 minutes ago, bluerunner said:

Everyone needs to play his part. Don’t expect the gahmen to take care of everyone. 
Don’t keep asking what the country can do for you. Ask what you can do for the country especially at difficult time like this. 

We are already staying at home,  maybe a full lock down will be the best for everyone and the country,  I m sure thats what  we can do for the country. 

1 minute ago, lonelyglobe said:

We are already staying at home,  maybe a full lock down will be the best for everyone and the country,  I m sure thats what  we can do for the country. 

Think deeper. Full lock down ah, how long? Enough food for everyone? How to handle rubbish? Majority live in HDB you know. You talk like very easy. Go volunteer and help out the gahmen then. 

Guest Guest
7 minutes ago, bluerunner said:

More than 2000 people infected now, and the Asian country with the highest number of infected people per million population. And you tell people don't expect gahmen to take care of everyone? Then everyone pay the gahment so much money each year for what? Can I ask not to pay GST, CPF and taxes, so that I can do good for this country by weeding out useless deadwood who are leading us into disaster? 

1 minute ago, bluerunner said:

Think deeper. Full lock down ah, how long? Enough food for everyone? How to handle rubbish? Majority live in HDB you know. You talk like very easy. Go volunteer and help out the gahmen then. 

I think very deep... U want to join me and we can go hand in hand to help out garment?

Q: If I have only the government-issued masks, will this be sufficient? If I have surgical masks, should I wear them instead?

A: If you have only the reusable mask, do wear it when you go out, but more importantly, adopt the physical distancing measures and personal hygiene.

If you have a supply of surgical masks, you could vary between which of the two masks to use based on the type of activity - wear the cloth one for "low-risk" activities, such as going for a short walk nearby or at a park, and the surgical one for "high-risk" activities, such as taking public transport, going to the supermarket, or buying take-out food.

Guest Guest

Coronavirus could target immune system by targeting protective cells, warn scientists

- Researchers in China and the US find that the virus that causes Covid-19 can destroy the T cells that are supposed to protect the body from harmful invaders

- One doctor said concern is growing in medical circles that effect could be similar to HIV

The surprise discovery, made by a team of researchers from Shanghai and New York, coincided with frontline doctors’ observation that Covid-19 could attack the human immune system and cause damages similar to that found in HIV patients.

To the surprise of the scientists, the T cell became a prey to the coronavirus in their experiment. They found a unique structure in the virus’s spike protein that appeared to have triggered the fusion of a viral envelope and cell membrane when they came into contact. The virus’s genes then entered the T cell and took it hostage, disabling its function of protecting humans.

This observation was later confirmed by autopsy examinations on more than 20 patients, whose immune systems were almost completely destroyed, according to mainland media reports.

Doctors who had seen the bodies said the damage to the internal organs was similar to a combination of Sars and Aids.

https://www.scmp.com/week-asia/health-environment/article/3079431/south-korean-scientists-map-coronavirus-genome-paving

Guest Guest
1 minute ago, Guest Guest said:

Coronavirus could target immune system by targeting protective cells, warn scientists

- Researchers in China and the US find that the virus that causes Covid-19 can destroy the T cells that are supposed to protect the body from harmful invaders

- One doctor said concern is growing in medical circles that effect could be similar to HIV

The surprise discovery, made by a team of researchers from Shanghai and New York, coincided with frontline doctors’ observation that Covid-19 could attack the human immune system and cause damages similar to that found in HIV patients.

To the surprise of the scientists, the T cell became a prey to the coronavirus in their experiment. They found a unique structure in the virus’s spike protein that appeared to have triggered the fusion of a viral envelope and cell membrane when they came into contact. The virus’s genes then entered the T cell and took it hostage, disabling its function of protecting humans.

This observation was later confirmed by autopsy examinations on more than 20 patients, whose immune systems were almost completely destroyed, according to mainland media reports.

Doctors who had seen the bodies said the damage to the internal organs was similar to a combination of Sars and Aids.

https://www.scmp.com/news/china/society/article/3079443/coronavirus-could-target-immune-system-targeting-protective

51 minutes ago, Nightingale said:

Can't you read the intention behind Bluerunner's post?  What he's implying is you cannot rely on an incompetent govt.  Depend on yourselves now.  As to why we pay so much each year, go and ask the 70% who voted them in.

What did she say as reported here?

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-52232147

Manpower Minister Josephine Teo has committed to raising standards in dorms overall, calling it "the right thing to do".

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/manpower/dorm-standards-should-be-raised-says-josephine-teo

Mrs Teo said . . . that raising standards at worker dorms "is not only the right thing to do, but also in our own interests".

So the question is:  Why has she not been doing it (the right thing)?

Because nothing happened all this while until covid 19 strikes!

Infecting most of the poor foreign workers. Jia luck! 

Edited by jlone

53 minutes ago, Nightingale said:

Can't you read the intention behind Bluerunner's post?  What he's implying is you cannot rely on an incompetent govt.  

53 minutes ago, Nightingale said:

No. That’s YOUR thinking, NOT mine. Please  stop representing me on my view. I do NOT know you. 

Let’s move on. 

2 hours ago, bluerunner said:

I think every true blue singaporean will do whatever they can to help the country.

Is our home, we born here, we die here.

But  the rules and regulations are set by the policy makers...like wearing mask or not....

We all want to help. Policy makers (精英份子) must be in the right path 1st.

Guest repeated
5 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

In case anyone has forgotten, our safe distance over here in SINGAPORE is only at 1 meter. And yet, even until now, somebody still wants to insist the following: 

I also came across this ST article    https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/health/nus-covid-19-reports-shared-across-the-world which made me wonder if the entire reason why we have failed to contain the virus is because  we went to implement policies after listening to all those bad "research". And some of the bad policies are still in place now, because those guys who came up with such research and those who implemented them are trying to defend all those bad findings till their last and final breath.  

And why not implement both and increase the safety distance to 2m???

Later, you are the first one to cry Government hasn’t done sufficient to contain the virus because they didn’t implemented the necessary safety distancing...

I noted you still didn’t understand the issue on aerosol transmission/ airborne virus spreading and spreading through droplets. 

Can you eventually start using your brain first?

Trusting the blurbs of your stomach like one President of a big country does, might not be the best thing... 

3 minutes ago, mate69 said:

How come in SG the recommended social distance is 1m, whereas in other countries for instance

in North America, it's 2m? 

Angmoh tua Jiak, so need more distancing. Haha. Kidding. Too bored staying at home. Glad that tomorrow is working day. 
Take care, buddy. 

Guest Guest
10 minutes ago, mate69 said:

How come in SG the recommended social distance is 1m, whereas in other countries for instance

in North America, it's 2m? 

Singapore you think how big?  Even that 1m space can be barely squeezed out already, and you still want 2m?

And somebody still insist on 6.9 mil or maybe even 10 mil population. Now just 5.8 mil population and we cannot handle already. Wait till another virus hit us when we get to 6.9 mil or 10 mil, then we see how, and we see if we can even have a 0.5m safety distance available then. We never learned from SARS, and we will never won't learn from COVID19. 

4 minutes ago, Guest Guest said:

Singapore you think how big?  Even that 1m space can be barely squeezed out already, and you still want 2m?

And somebody still insist on 6.9 mil or maybe even 10 mil population. Now just 5.8 mil population and we cannot handle already. Wait till another virus hit us when we get to 6.9 mil or 10 mil, then we see how, and we see if we can even have a 0.5m safety distance available then. We never learned from SARS, and we will never won't learn from COVID19. 

Well said. 

Guest Guest
8 minutes ago, Since u r here said:

wow! u essential services! so gd

Yeah... he’s a garbage collector and he try to clean up or whitewash the mess left by some people. ESSENTIAL SERVICE indeed!

1 hour ago, Guest Guest said:

There is a saying "Fools never learn!"

Take it as a joke! 

Guest Guest
31 minutes ago, Since u r here said:
35 minutes ago, Guest Guest said:
45 minutes ago, Since u r here said:

wow! u essential services! so gd

Yeah... he’s a garbage collector and he try to clean up or whitewash the mess left by some people. ESSENTIAL SERVICE indeed!

i think antique or recycling collector not essential bah

For some reasons, this scene came into my mind ... 🤦‍♂️

Guardians Guardiansofthegalaxy GIF - Guardians ...

“It is honestly a difficult situation,” said Leong Hoe Nam, an infectious diseases physician at Singapore’s Mount Elizabeth Hospital, who drew comparisons to cruise ships like the Diamond Princess, where about 700 of its roughly 3,700 passengers were infected with Covid-19. “This is going to be a big mess.”

Given the number of migrant workers at 20,000, we will be looking at about 4000 infections just from this cluster alone. 

Guest Guest
7 minutes ago, Letsrelaxpp said:

“It is honestly a difficult situation,” said Leong Hoe Nam, an infectious diseases physician at Singapore’s Mount Elizabeth Hospital, who drew comparisons to cruise ships like the Diamond Princess, where about 700 of its roughly 3,700 passengers were infected with Covid-19. “This is going to be a big mess.”

Given the number of migrant workers at 20,000, we will be looking at about 4000 infections just from this cluster alone. 

Just S11 Punggol alone already accounted for more than 10% of the total infection here in Singapore, or perhaps maybe even more than 15% by now. That's not even taking into consideration the numbers of infected across of all the other dormitories. But yet, the focus now is to scold Singaporeans for not observing social distancing, and publish out all their crimes, and close down parks, and close down stadiums etc.

I don't deny that there is significant room for the social distancing to be done better by the community at large at this moment of time. But seriously, some people are really fighting all the wrong tiny fires, while the real bigger fires are burning high and bright.  

Guest Guest
2 hours ago, Guest repeated said:

And why not implement both and increase the safety distance to 2m???

Later, you are the first one to cry Government hasn’t done sufficient to contain the virus because they didn’t implemented the necessary safety distancing...

I noted you still didn’t understand the issue on aerosol transmission/ airborne virus spreading and spreading through droplets. 

Can you eventually start using your brain first?

Trusting the blurbs of your stomach like one President of a big country does, might not be the best thing... 

Again,  in your own words, I don't appreciate if others try to add things into my posts, I have already wrote in my post that I agree social distancing can help reduce the spread. I wrote this already in my post from Thursday and Friday. Dun intend to repeat again. Read it again please and read all. However, I disagree with your statement that ""Distancing is much more important (than wearing a mask) because the aerosols will not reach the other person if sufficient distance to an infected person has been kept", and this is clearly wrong and is a dangerous advice. 

Guest Guest

It’s horrendous that Singapore’s infected rates is going to triple that of congested international city HK , they have lots of old folks homes , workers ‘ dorms , schools , etc too .

Ah Chan Chun Sing made a mockery out of HK residents with their masks  then but it is their resident protecting their hospital staff from burdening them ,  while the opposite is true here . He mentioned that masks are  being kept for medical staff usage , worrying not enough for them , yet allowing the China actor to get loads of it out at Changi Airport ! 

That's the problem,  why can't we buy alcohol now after 10.30pm...because of some stupid riots in little India.... Why stay at home.... After a huge spike coming from the dormitory.... Eventually if a full lock down are imposed,  the reason will be because sporean did not say at home....

Don't understand why it is so difficult to say "sorry, we have overlook that area" instead of cooking up all sorts of reasons and excuses trying to defend,  like that got no difference with trump,  always blaming others instead of himself.

Edited by lonelyglobe

Guest Guest
7 minutes ago, lonelyglobe said:

That's the problem,  why can't we buy alcohol now after 10.30pm...because of some stupid riots in little India.... Why stay at home.... After a huge spike coming from the dormitory.... Eventually if a full lock down are imposed,  the reason will be because sporean did not say at home....

Don't understand why it is so difficult to say "sorry, we have overlook that area" instead of cooking up all sorts of reasons and excuses trying to defend,  like that got no difference with trump,  always blaming others instead of himself.

And not very good at cooking up excuses some more, look at the egg hoarder, cooked up an excuse and created another storm with her excuse.

Guest lil' boy
25 minutes ago, lonelyglobe said:

Oh man! You can do online order for buying alcohol, they even deliver to your doorstep!!!

On shutdown, staying  at home all day, you don't manage to walk to any shop from 7am to 10.30pm to buy alcohol???

My dear let's meet and I show you how it works. 

And refrain from your subtle critic on those workers. You think they wanted to get infected? How did they get infected? At Seletar workplace or holding hands in front of Mustafa???

The closing of spaces to walk, jog or do recreational places is worse. 

Don't be a small boy and complain about such "non essential" things...

Guest Guest
4 minutes ago, Guest lil' boy said:

And refrain from your subtle critic on those workers. You think they wanted to get infected? How did they get infected? At Seletar workplace or holding hands in front of Mustafa???

.... actually, if this question is about whether Singaporeans wanted to get infected, I think the answer is "Most likely not". 

.... but throw to these workers the"idea" of free meals, a personal air-conditioned isolation ward with his personal single bed and access to WIFI, clean toilets, paid hospitalization leave and not working in the sun until you fully recover, even though there is a potential possibility of death which stands at a rate of less than 0.5% here in Singapore, can anyone really tell me that no single one worker in the entire tens of thousands worker will not be tempted? And when one gets tempted, the herd will follow. 

27 minutes ago, Guest lil' boy said:

Oh man! You can do online order for buying alcohol, they even deliver to your doorstep!!!

On shutdown, staying  at home all day, you don't manage to walk to any shop from 7am to 10.30pm to buy alcohol???

My dear let's meet and I show you how it works. 

The closing of spaces to walk, jog or do recreational places is worse. 

Don't be a small boy and complain about such "non essential" things...

which online platform can deliver after 10.30pm, I need to check with authority if this is allow? 

did I mention I cannot get alcohol during stay at home? 

Prceisley,  everyone know how the very first case started.

Non essential things to u could be essential things to others just like u vote for PAP, u can't stop other voting for opposition. Don't use use your own judgement to judge others.

Meeting u?  Seriously not interested. 

The Online Citizen

Taiwan Ministry of Foreign Affairs: Policies to be based on official statements and not based on individual statements

2 min read

Ho Ching and the comments on her Facebook post

Ho Ching and the comments on her Facebook post

Taiwan’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MFA) has stated that its bilateral policy with Singapore will be based on official statements made by the two countries and will not be influenced by statements by individuals.

This is in light of the backlash by Taiwanese netizens over a Facebook post made by Mdm Ho Ching, wife of Singapore Prime Minister, Lee Hsien Loong on Saturday where she wrote, “Errrr…” in regards to a news article that states Taiwan is donating face-masks to Singapore.

Taiwanese netizens have asked Mdm Ho to explain the meaning of her post and said that if Singapore is not interested in the donated masks, it can reject the offer.

Guest Try and see
4 hours ago, Since u r here said:

Seriously, who the f**k is still doing that thing in the right picture below??!!

Should fine the whole lot of them!!

nparks.jpg

ST engineering under Temasek Holding had 2 production lines for manufacturing mask in TW. When TW stop export of mask in Feb,  all those mask produced cannot reach SG. As TW have not stop the export of machinery,  ST have to dismantle all the machinery, bring back here and start their production. 

• G_M locked this topic
  • G_M unlocked this topic