Male HQ

Covid Situation in SG discussion (compiled)

Guest Sianz

32 minutes ago, lookseelooksee said:

I'm not getting vaccinated, so what are you gonna do to me?

Seems like if you are vaccinated, your chances of getting COVID increase. Just look at the number of vaccinated people getting COVID in Singapore - shocking!

Did you fail maths at school?

And have you managed to avoid reading anywhere in the last six months what the point of the vaccine is? 

So sad to be so ignorant. 

1 hour ago, lookseelooksee said:

I'm not getting vaccinated, so what are you gonna do to me?

Seems like if you are vaccinated, your chances of getting COVID increase. Just look at the number of vaccinated people getting COVID in Singapore - shocking!

aiyoh... when u make such a statement: "U have to back it up with scientific evidence from research studies & case-studies."

cannot anyhow "HAM THUMB", lol

As the world opens up, many countries including Singapore will go the way of France. If u r going to engage in social activities like dine in a restaurant or attend a concert, etc, u will need a vaccination certificate or a negative PCR/ART result. Businesses like health care establishments, and soon airlines as well, will mandate that their staff get vaccinated. It's really a matter of time before u will need that vaccination, or risk social ostracization.

Although MOM has advised that employers do not make vaccination compulsory for their staff, this remains an advisory and not a law. In some industries, employers are already making sure all their employees are vaccinated.

1 minute ago, gc0805 said:

As the world opens up, many countries including Singapore will go the way of France. If u r going to engage in social activities like dine in a restaurant or attend a concert, etc, u will need a vaccination certificate or a negative PCR/ART result. Businesses like health care establishments, and soon airlines as well, will mandate that their staff get vaccinated. It's really a matter of time before u will need that vaccination, or risk social ostracization.

Although MOM has advised that employers do not make vaccination compulsory for their staff, this remains an advisory and not a law. In some industries, employers are already making sure all their employees are vaccinated.

thank u for reminding us to get vaccinated. i like to share something impt with those who aren't using the app...

i have been lazy to install the TRACE TOGETHER APP. a company recently wtd to know my vaccination status... & they use the app Trace Together, coz on the main screen, it will show the status of ur vaccination. mine said: "IN PROGRESS".

so don't be lazy & NOT INSTALL the Trace Together App, u never know when a company or shop asks for ur Vaccination Status.

ScreenHunter 188.png

20 minutes ago, 30yochinese said:

thank u for reminding us to get vaccinated. i like to share something impt with those who aren't using the app...

i have been lazy to install the TRACE TOGETHER APP. a company recently wtd to know my vaccination status... & they use the app Trace Together, coz on the main screen, it will show the status of ur vaccination. mine said: "IN PROGRESS".

so don't be lazy & NOT INSTALL the Trace Together App, u never know when a company or shop asks for ur Vaccination Status.

ScreenHunter 188.png

U can also log in to ur Health Hub app, better. 

1 minute ago, Saggiboy said:

U can also log in to ur Health Hub app, better. 

thx so much!!! i didn't know, now i don't need to use the TT app... always drain my battery coz of the Bluetooth. Why the Gahmen never tell us such impt information about these apps?!? anyway, thx for sharing 😃

Edited by 30yochinese

On 7/22/2021 at 11:20 PM, Guest guest said:

When the cases went up, everyone panic, including the govt. I wonder even after everyone got vaccinated, what will happen? No more clusters formed and no more over 100+ cases?

I only use token, never use TT app. 

If everyone got vaccinated, we will be back to almost normal. Any infection hopefully shd be not fatal, so will not overtax healthcare system. Maybe just maybe by that time meaningless to report number of infected, but more useful to report any other variants and serious cases and death. 

3 hours ago, Zealouslogue said:

That you could still catch it even if you are vaccinated... 

I know that up that wasn’t my point. My point was that @lookseelooksee incorrectly claimed that being vaccinated INCREASES your chance of getting infected. Here is the comment I wrote, with capitals for emphasis:

Did you actually read the article or just the headline? Because the article you link to definitely does NOT say that vaccination INCREASEs your chances of getting COVID, which is what you claim.

39 minutes ago, cutejack said:

Up to individual. No right or wrong. No forcing. 

up to individual is correct. No right or wrong is incorrect. Right = making decisions based on evidence and facts, wrong = making decisions based on misinformation, emotions and misunderstanding.

but indeed, you can choose if you want to be right or wrong.

7 minutes ago, Saggiboy said:

I only use token, never use TT app. 

If everyone got vaccinated, we will be back to almost normal. Any infection hopefully shd be not fatal, so will not overtax healthcare system. Maybe just maybe by that time meaningless to report number of infected, but more useful to report any other variants and serious cases and death. 

U mentioned: "If Everyone got vaccinated." So why some don't want to get vaccinated, simple, from the articles below, all mention "Fear of Side Effects" as the main reason for Vaccine Hesitancy:

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/fear-of-side-effects-a-key-reason-why-some-seniors-dont-get-a-jab

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/fear-of-complications-or-side-effects-main-reason-some-seniors-spurn-covid-19-vaccine

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/commentary/hesitation-with-disease-vaccination-creating-global-threat-11339690

4 minutes ago, 30yochinese said:

U mentioned: "If Everyone got vaccinated." So why some don't want to get vaccinated, simple, from the articles below, all mention "Fear of Side Effects" as the main reason for Vaccine Hesitancy:

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/fear-of-side-effects-a-key-reason-why-some-seniors-dont-get-a-jab

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/fear-of-complications-or-side-effects-main-reason-some-seniors-spurn-covid-19-vaccine

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/commentary/hesitation-with-disease-vaccination-creating-global-threat-11339690

Exactly. Fear of the unknown. Yet, so many got vaccinated already, and no major issues. Hopefully such fear will dissipate with more getting vaccinated with proof of no problem. 

for everyone info, i am in the frontline as a medical staff..  and the fact is that i had taken both pfizer jabs and the 2nd jab was in April 2021. so far, i never had any issues. I use TT app, I use the token too.. so for those who refused to take the vaccination, that's alright, that's ur right, we will respect ur immature adulthood decision. But please do not affect the rest & spread any form of rumors & fake news. 

And btw, both my parents, one is his early 70s & the the other one is her late 60s. Both had their shots.. both are still alive!!! 

12 hours ago, cutejack said:

Why u can't accept the facts? U fool!

5 hours ago, cutejack said:

Only reply to members here.

Then don’t answer my posts, especially with drivel.

Hope you and @lookseelooksee enjoy your circle jerk of ignorance! 

3 minutes ago, lookseelooksee said:

If you click the link above, you will see that the article says:

A)   "Three quarters of Singapore's COVID-19 infections in the last four weeks were among vaccinated individuals, government data shows..." (very 1st line, 1st paragraph)

B)   "It reported 1,096 locally transmitted cases in the last 28 days, of which 484, or 44%, were fully vaccinated people, while 30% were partially vaccinated and the remaining 25% were unvaccinated." (3rd paragraph)

Looking at A) and B), especially B), you don't have to be the world's greatest mathematician to figure out that vaccination appears to put a person at greater risk of getting COVID. How? I don't know. Maybe vaccination weakens one's immune system so one gets COVID more easily, or maybe vaccination leads one to lower his guard in social settings.

Further along in the article, it says:

C)   "The data also showed that infections in the last 14 days among vaccinated people aged over 61 were at about 88%, higher than the younger age group." (9th paragraph)

What C) means is that 88% of vaccinated seniors got COVID as compared to 12% of unvaccinated seniors. These statistics are correct as the government said recently that out of 81 seniors that got COVID, 12 of them were unvaccinated (which means 69 were vaccinated).

Now aren't we constantly being told that only 70% of our seniors have been vaccinated? But if 30% of our seniors are unvaccinated yet only 12% of them kena COVID, isn't it better to remain unvaccinated?

Look, it’s OK to not understand how data and statistics work but why parade this ignorance in public. 

it clearly says in the article:

As more and more people are vaccinated in Singapore, we will see more infections happening amongst vaccinated people," Teo Yik Ying, dean of the Saw Swee Hock School of Public Health at the National University of Singapore (NUS).

"It is important to always compare it against the proportion of people who remain unvaccinated.... Suppose Singapore achieves a rate of 100% fully vaccinated... then all infections will stem from the vaccinated people and none from the unvaccinated."

9 minutes ago, lookseelooksee said:

A)   "Three quarters of Singapore's COVID-19 infections in the last four weeks were among vaccinated individuals, government data shows..." (very 1st line, 1st paragraph)

B)   "It reported 1,096 locally transmitted cases in the last 28 days, of which 484, or 44%, were fully vaccinated people, while 30% were partially vaccinated and the remaining 25% were unvaccinated." (3rd paragraph)

Looking at A) and B), especially B), you don't have to be the world's greatest mathematician to figure out that vaccination appears to put a person at greater risk of getting COVID. How? I don't know. Maybe vaccination weakens one's immune system so one gets COVID more easily, or maybe vaccination leads one to lower his guard in social settings.

C)   "The data also showed that infections in the last 14 days among vaccinated people aged over 61 were at about 88%, higher than the younger age group." (9th paragraph)

What C) means is that 88% of vaccinated seniors got COVID as compared to 12% of unvaccinated seniors. These statistics are correct as the government said recently that out of 81 seniors that got COVID, 12 of them were unvaccinated (which means 69 were vaccinated).

Now aren't we constantly being told that only 70% of our seniors have been vaccinated? But if 30% of our seniors are unvaccinated yet only 12% of them kena COVID, isn't it better to remain unvaccinated?

And your point C does not mean any of what you said but I don’t have the patience to explain to you how many things you managed to mix up there, someone else will have to take over teaching you today.

23 minutes ago, Guest Wtf said:

Look, it’s OK to not understand how data and statistics work but why parade this ignorance in public. 

it clearly says in the article:

As more and more people are vaccinated in Singapore, we will see more infections happening amongst vaccinated people," Teo Yik Ying, dean of the Saw Swee Hock School of Public Health at the National University of Singapore (NUS).

"It is important to always compare it against the proportion of people who remain unvaccinated.... Suppose Singapore achieves a rate of 100% fully vaccinated... then all infections will stem from the vaccinated people and none from the unvaccinated."

7 minutes ago, lookseelooksee said:

https://sg.news.yahoo.com/vaccinated-people-singapore-three-quarters-071043455.html

A)   "Three quarters of Singapore's COVID-19 infections in the last four weeks were among vaccinated individuals, government data shows..." (very 1st line, 1st paragraph)

B)   "It reported 1,096 locally transmitted cases in the last 28 days, of which 484, or 44%, were fully vaccinated people, while 30% were partially vaccinated and the remaining 25% were unvaccinated." (3rd paragraph)

Looking at A) and B), especially B), you don't have to be the world's greatest mathematician to figure out that vaccination appears to put a person at greater risk of getting COVID. How? I don't know. Maybe vaccination weakens one's immune system so one gets COVID more easily, or maybe vaccination leads one to lower his guard in social settings.

C)   "The data also showed that infections in the last 14 days among vaccinated people aged over 61 were at about 88%, higher than the younger age group." (9th paragraph)

posting the same answer twice still doesn’t make it correct. 

Guest Guest

Guys, can ask one question:

So our vaccinated sinkie friends who were infected, the virus is the delta, echo, foxtrot, gamma (--> the list goes on ...) variant?

Is this correct or not?

Or is it still the old 1.0 variant? 🙄

A bit confused.

Thanks Guys! 

Guest Guest
1 minute ago, leo yok loo said:

When a vaccinated person has complication after the vacc, they tell you they are checking n will not release much informations.

But if a unvaccinated person die, they make big story.

How true! 

Vaccination exercise initiated by Garmen ... so not their fault. Smoke out and camouflage.

Unvaccinated person died ... it's his/her fault.

When the 16-year-old vaccinated boy got a heart attack and collapsed, they said things like oh he engaged in strenuous exercise by lifting weights above his body weight and he took supplements.

But when an 83-year-old unvaccinated woman dies, they just say she was unvaccinated, full stop. No mention of any possible underlying health issues like hypertension, diabetes, high blood pressure, low blood pressure, etc.

This is to push the narrative that vaccination good, non-vaccination bad.

with every comment, you just look more and more stupid. The health condition of the woman who died is well reported - she had a history of high blood pressure and high cholesterol. Try spending more time reading and understanding and less time spreading nonsense about things you don’t understand. 

The vaccines available now were designed to counter the original coronavirus, what you call the old 1.0 variant.

Now the virus has mutated so there are a number of variants, the most virulent (meaning most easily transmissible) one being the Delta variant.

To answer your question, our vaccinated friends are probably infected with Delta but it could be any one of the variants, as vaccines are not foolproof in preventing infection, even infection with 1.0.

Vaccines are designed to prevent symptomatic disease… how many times does this need to be repeated until you understand it?   Ffs 

们的这群精英说,虽然有打还是会中这个病,不过打了以后中病时较轻。  现在有一个问题是打了以后中病的机会是85%,不打中病的机会是15%,那么你去打还是不打? 其实这个政府给的数据也说明了为什么打了疫苗后更多人确诊。现在精英的天真逻辑是,大家最好都早点患上这个病,因为患上后病情较轻。 而不是往这15%的人想,万一不幸的话,怎样才能帮这些人渡过难关。为什么要牺牲掉85%人的健康,让他们更容易染上病,因为这样病情轻,容易医好。真是潮州人所说的"拿米去換蕃薯"。

Edited by jlone

应该打疫苗就去打。难得我们国内能有别的国家要都不一定有的最有效的两大疫苗。不接种患上冠病重病或死亡的风险远比接种的一两天副作用风险高出许多。为人为己,都应该去接种。对抗假消息唯有自己多读多懂自发去挖掘可信的消息来源,不好听信他人危言耸听。

卫生部的网站每天案例数据清晰明了,比起各国不算最好但也还算名列前茅。 不要听那些连看都不看数据就胡乱说当局不透明的人。看看我们周围的国家的苦难,我庆幸我们的处境在大家努力下还算控制得当,我不觉得对当局有什么好疑神疑鬼的。我全家都打了疫苗,国内最少七成的人也都打了第一剂。

Don't indulge in conspiracy theories by relying on false or misleading information or even misreading information presented. Go read up from good sources. The risks of getting covid unvaccinated resulting in death n severe illness is far higher than vaccine side effects which is temporary. For the sake of ourselves and the vulnerable ppl the old n frail among us, go get vaccinated.

Edited by PlayersGroup

2 hours ago, PlayersGroup said:

应该打疫苗就去打。难得我们国内能有别的国家要都不一定有的最有效的两大疫苗。不接种患上冠病重病或死亡的风险远比接种的一两天副作用风险高出许多。为人为己,都应该去接种。对抗假消息唯有自己多读多懂自发去挖掘可信的消息来源,不好听信他人危言耸听。

卫生部的网站每天案例数据清晰明了,比起各国不算最好但也还算名列前茅。 不要听那些连看都不看数据就胡乱说当局不透明的人。看看我们周围的国家的苦难,我庆幸我们的处境在大家努力下还算控制得当,我不觉得对当局有什么好疑神疑鬼的。我全家都打了疫苗,国内最少七成的人也都打了第一剂。

Don't indulge in conspiracy theories by relying on false or misleading information or even misreading information presented. Go read up from good sources. The risks of getting covid unvaccinated resulting in death n severe illness is far higher than vaccine side effects which is temporary. For the sake of ourselves and the vulnerable ppl the old n frail among us, go get vaccinated.

well said. we must always weigh the risks vs the benefits of any medicine, vaccines included. as a hcw, i had been one of the first ppl to do so; and for me, it was a no brainer to get vaccinated, as the benefits far outweigh the side effects. medicine is not a perfect science and there will always be failure rates, unwanted or unexpected side effects. the only medication without side effects is a placebo. why would anyone want that?

given the severity of long covid complications associated with this infection, we should really think long and hard before rejecting what is one of the most effective vaccines ever produced for any disease. 

caveat: im referring to only mrna vaccines being used in our national vaccination programme.

Everything got risk,  the moment u step out of your house, the lift might not be working, someone may jump down and hit u,  u may be hit by a bicycle or car etc... So do u stop going out of your house? 

The reason for me to take the vaccine is simply because I don't trust our govt can control this covid drama here, so is better to get yourself protected before it is too late. Yes,  vaccinated doesn't mean u won't get it but at least the condition will be more mild as reported. 

Edited by lonelyglobe

Guest guest
3 hours ago, lonelyglobe said:

Everything got risk,  the moment u step out of your house, the lift might not be working, someone may jump down and hit u,  u may be hit by a bicycle or car etc... So do u stop going out of your house? 

The reason for me to take the vaccine is simply because I don't trust our govt can control this covid drama here, so is better to get yourself protected before it is too late. Yes,  vaccinated doesn't mean u won't get it but at least the condition will be more mild as reported. 

I believe vaccination rate might be 100% if govt offered both mRNA and non mRNA in the national vaccination prgramme. But too bad now they only have mRNA vaccine, and many people are waiting for non mRNA vaccine.

12 minutes ago, leo yok loo said:

If possible, please get vaccinated. From what we saw here, garmen cant handle. More cluster will come.

Do i trust the vacc, half half. Do i trust the MTF, no.

But get vacc is the only choice. At least kena covid also wont go ICU..

Good luck .

I'm curious what exactly do you have in mind when saying govt can't handle.

The vaccines are available because govt made advanced orders n negotiations in the beginning of pandemic. Many countries didn't or cannot afford to at the time. Our ICUs n hospitals are not overrun yet because Singapore built huge community facilities to hold mild cases in record time. Singapore activated so many people n tested traced vaccinated quarantined cases, these didn't happened by chance or magic, right? Even if it is the collective effort by all Singaporeans, would we be fair to say the MTF did not provide leadership in these things? Be fair, and give credit where it is deserving.

Could they be better? Are there things that can be improved thinking back? Sure. But even other countries that did well in the beginning like Vietnam, Taiwan n Australia also facing outbreaks and even advanced countries like UK US France Germany have death rates far higher than ours even after u adjusted for population. Do we prefer the handling by our neighbouring governments' methods? I can think of a few countries that maybe did well at one time or another in one thing or another, sure. But, open eyes and hearts big n, seriously, look around, if there's anywhere I want to be during this pandemic, it is right here in SG, because it's handled well compared to elsewhere.

Guest guest
12 minutes ago, lookseelooksee said:

Luc Montagnier, a world-famous virologist who jointly won the 2008 Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine for his discovery of the HIV virus, said:

"Mass COVID-19 vaccination is an unacceptable mistake and historic blunder that is creating the variants."

Did you know that? Bet you didn't. Well now you do. Google it if you don't believe me. And you still want to be vaccinated 🙄 Don't say I never warned you.

Is this fake news that spreading fear to people? Since there are so many all kinds of news about covid, about the vaccination etc, i also don't know who to believe?

Guest guest
40 minutes ago, lookseelooksee said:

First they said, go for vaccination because it reduces your chances of getting COVID by 94% for Pfizer and 93% for Moderna.

But now, everyone knows vaccination is no protection against infection.

So the narrative has quietly changed from vaccination protects you against infection to vaccination protects you against serious illness if you are infected.

But is this true?

How many unvaccinated people who got COVID have become seriously ill? Recently, only an 83-year-old unvaccinated auntie has died. But then she was old and had a number of health issues like hypertension and diabetes. Any other unvaccinated person died recently out of the hundreds who are diagnosed on a weekly basis in Singapore? NONE!

One more thing, if it is true that vaccination makes an infected more likely to be asymptomatic, doesn't that mean vaccinated people shouldn't be going to gyms and restaurants because they may be dangerous silent spreaders? Therefore vaccinated people should be restricted in their movements as they pose a greater danger to society, not the unvaccinated.

Too bad majority people do not think this way. Majority people and also data have show that getting vaccination still benefits outweigh the risks and able to control and reduce the serious effect from covid. Although it is not 100% effective, but better than 0 vaccination.

And you know govt here always report the news and data that they want people to know. So even those unvaccinated people who got covid but their condition is not serious and might also mild, they would not report it. If not no one will go for vaccination. They would only report those people who are seriously ill who are not vaccinated.

But i believe all those people who are vaccinated really reduce the person who got infected with covid, their condition is mild or even not showing any symptoms. Cause i know one friend, his company colleague got covid but so far condition is like a normal person, don't feel unwell and anything at all. Only thing is the PCR result is positive.

Guest guest
8 minutes ago, lookseelooksee said:

It's true. I don't peddle fake news. You can choose to believe Nobel Prize-winning virologist Luc Montagnier or open-close-open-close Lawrence Wong.

Maybe this Nobel Prize-winning virologist is spreading fear? What he said if it doesn't happen, also nothing will happen to him lah, so he can say anything he want. Same like can also say govt and medical experts instill fear in people to go for vaccination. If you do not get vaccinated, you will have serious complication from infected with covid, and this is as good as getting the vaccine serious long term side effects. No one would want to take the risk of getting covid, since the new variant virus is so contagious now.

On 7/25/2021 at 4:53 PM, gc0805 said:

https://www.facebook.com/124149704266450/posts/4812022325479141/

This will be the way forward. More and more countries, including Singapore, will go the way of France and Israel.

I've posted this before. 

Whether we agree with this or not, the reality is that most countries will open up their economies through vaccination. In these countries, those who are not vaccinated can still participate in social events, except that they must show a negative PCR/ART test result.

WRT Luc Montagnier, he is a noted virologist but not without controversy. Except for his work on HIV for which he was respectfully accorded the Nobel prize, his other research like 'memory of water' were mired in controversy, as were his claims on the origin of the Covid-19 virus and the side effects of the said vaccines. FYI.

7 hours ago, lookseelooksee said:

First they said, go for vaccination because it reduces your chances of getting COVID by 94% for Pfizer and 93% for Moderna.

But now, everyone knows vaccination is no protection against infection.

So the narrative has quietly changed from vaccination protects you against infection to vaccination protects you against serious illness if you are infected.

But is this true?

How many unvaccinated people who got COVID have become seriously ill? Recently, only an 83-year-old unvaccinated auntie has died. But then she was old and had a number of health issues like hypertension and diabetes. Any other unvaccinated person died recently out of the hundreds who are diagnosed on a weekly basis in Singapore? NONE!

One more thing, if it is true that vaccination makes an infected more likely to be asymptomatic, doesn't that mean vaccinated people shouldn't be going to gyms and restaurants because they may be dangerous silent spreaders? Therefore vaccinated people should be restricted in their movements as they pose a greater danger to society, not the unvaccinated.

how do you explain the fact that NONE of the people here currently requiring oxygen supplementation or in ICU were fully vaccinated? 

And in gyms or restaurants, if vaccinated people are spreading to vaccinated people who will most likely be asymptomatic or have mild symptoms if they are infected, why does it matter? 

unvaccinated people will be restricted in their movements for their own protection. You should actually be grateful for these restrictions, as they are there to protect people like you. 

6 hours ago, lookseelooksee said:

The whole world is panicking right now, and the one who is panicking more than anyone else is Lawrence Wong with his stupid idea of banning non-fully-vaccinated people from restaurants and gyms.

The data shows that the vaccines offer no protection against infection, none at all. Just look at the fact that out of 91 seniors who were recently infected, 69 were partially or fully vaccinated and only 12 were unvaccinated.

When the world panics, one must stay calm. Don't panic with the rest of the world.

The vaccines were developed in a hurry. Anything that is rushed is unlikely to be good.

Where is the data showing behind your point that “vaccines offer NO protection against infection, none at all.”? Please provide a source, otherwise this is just fake news.

here is data showing why your claim is wrong: 

https://www.cdc.gov/media/releases/2021/p0329-COVID-19-Vaccines.html

https://academic.oup.com/cid/advance-article/doi/10.1093/cid/ciab438/6276888

https://www.bmj.com/content/373/bmj.n888

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.