Male HQ

Covid Situation in SG discussion (compiled)

Guest Sianz

On 9/17/2021 at 10:04 AM, Guest Guest said:

The recent spike in these deaths is not due to flu; it is not due to suicide; They are as good as MURDER because people like you prioritize money much more than human lives. So why should ANYONE ELSE die because of what YOU like? You can ask others to get a sense of perspective. But let's hope you get a taste of karma and see how covid death in your own family taste first.

I mean this seriously: You don’t seem to be coping well with COVID, sorry to see this and hope it gets better for you. 

Rather than spreading hate, panic and paranoia and creating a karmic debt by wishing death on the families of other people, why not take advantage of some of the support services available for people facing challenges? There is no stigma to looking after your mental health.

https://www.ncss.gov.sg/docs/default-source/ncss-publications-doc/pdfdocument/directory-on-mental-health-services-pdf.pdf

I won’t discuss with you anymore because you seem to be spiraling (you are now claiming MURDER?) and my responses may be unwittingly feeding this. 

On 9/16/2021 at 9:24 PM, Derren said:

But now one of them says RI is a lousy school which produces illiterate students.... lol 

Actually that arrogant idiot may be right, there are so many illiterate who only know how to choose the lightning sign every 4 years..... back to the topic, our hospital and ICU capacity still plenty, so they definitely can open wider,  maybe Malaysia, Thailand and Indonesia next, that will really save the ass of SIA and a good demonstration of how we live with covid, bravo.   

Edited by lonelyglobe

On 9/17/2021 at 11:28 AM, Guest Wtf said:

I mean this seriously: You don’t seem to be coping well with COVID, sorry to see this and hope it gets better for you. 

Rather than spreading hate, panic and paranoia and creating a karmic debt by wishing death on the families of other people, why not take advantage of some of the support services available for people facing challenges? There is no stigma to looking after your mental health.

https://www.ncss.gov.sg/docs/default-source/ncss-publications-doc/pdfdocument/directory-on-mental-health-services-pdf.pdf

I won’t discuss with you anymore because you seem to be spiraling (you are now claiming MURDER?) and my responses may be unwittingly feeding this. 

Another death from covid yesterday. A 90 year old man this time. I'm hoping that the person is your own family member and you are the one who MURDERED him yourself. Yes, MURDER. If you know that the guests coming into your house has a chance of being infected with a highly contagious disease, will you still invite them into your house and encourage them to mingle around like there's no tomorrow, especially when you have old and vulnerable people around? How can it not be MURDER if you do so? 

Each time someone dies of covid here in Singapore, I'm hoping it's either you or your own family member. If anyone is going to suffer karmic debt just by wishing death on the families of other people, what will those who CAUSES the death of other people suffer from? 

By the way, I am coping exceptionally well with COVID. But there are people dressed in white and their cronies who doesn't seem to be coping very well with it. 

Thanos solution to saving the universe resources: kill off half the living creatures in the universe. 

Some people solution to ride out the covid situation : let those who cannot survive just DIE from it (and in the meantime put up some false pretenses of care tby declaring that Singapore has 1000 beds reserved for ICU purposes).

To be honest, I love this COVID-19 situation, because it really exposes people as to whom they truly are. 

On 9/19/2021 at 10:46 AM, Guest Guest said:

Thanos solution to saving the universe resources: kill off half the living creatures in the universe. 

Some people solution to ride out the covid situation : let those who cannot survive just DIE from it (and in the meantime put up some false pretenses of care tby declaring that Singapore has 1000 beds reserved for ICU purposes).

To be honest, I love this COVID-19 situation, because it really exposes people as to whom they truly are. 

Do you mean for the love of money, selfishness, selflessness, self interest, for the love of people, faithfully supporting the white, the brave, the scared, the sovereign, the stubborn, .... etc. etc.? 

Rank    Country         Total Cases

116.       Singapore      76,792

152.      Taiwan            16,129

163.      Hong Kong     12,158

SG should be somewhere between 12,000 to 16,000, definitely not a terrifying 76,000 and going strong to break the 100,000 mark. For a tiny nation,  that is a complete failure.  Something must be wrong,  what is the point of achieving 80% vaccination rate when they just allow the Indian variant to spread like no body business? 

As a leader,  if you are useless,  then at least be humble and learn from others. There must be something that both HK and TW done correctly to be able to contain the spread of the Indian variant. As of now, they are even able to record single digit  infection cases despite only having 53% and 7% vaccination rate respectively.  

Time to get some work done and first step would be stop bragging about 80% vaccination rate, is an achievement but so what?

Edited by lonelyglobe

I am beginning to regret going for both shots of my vaccination. While it was the socially responsible thing to do last time, what I did not anticipated was how the government is now using the vaccination statistics to open up the economy, even while the Delta variant is raging and the Mu variant is looming. 

I'm not sure if I want to go for the third booster shot now, even if FDA USA is to approve it. If I go for the third booster shot, I will just be another excuse for the government to open up even further, and maybe even have more CECA get into the country with their entire village of people in here. By all means, have the old and elderly go for the shot. But why use my vaccination status to open up the borders when I would rather have the borders shut?

Perhaps the statistics I should be adding on is that of me getting ill and taking up one of those 1000 ICU beds. Judging by how they are anticipating 3000 daily cases and they are just waiting for it to happen, it's not as if the government really care if the citizens will fall sick or not anyway. They just need people to add on to the statistics to support their push to open up the borders. 

I really feel like a sucker for having gone for both my vaccination shots now. If I had known that was going to happen, I think I won't have gone for it last time. 

On 9/19/2021 at 12:43 PM, lonelyglobe said:

SG should be somewhere between 12,000 to 16,000, definitely not a terrifying 76,000 and going strong to break the 100,000 mark. For a tiny nation,  that is a complete failure.  Something must be wrong,  what is the point of achieving 80% vaccination rate when they just allow the Indian variant to spread like no body business? 

As a leader,  if you are useless,  then at least be humble and learn from others. There must be something that both HK and TW done correctly to be able to contain the spread of the Indian variant. As of now, they are even able to record single digit  infection cases despite only having 53% and 7% vaccination rate respectively.  

Time to get some work done and first step would be stop bragging about 80% vaccination rate, is an achievement but so what?

How come Taiwan and Hong Kong infection rate so low ?  Was there a complete lockdown of the whole city or the people there follow strictly to the government safe distancing measures ?  

Don't read and response to guests' post

On 9/19/2021 at 11:51 AM, leo yok loo said:

No lah...they will tell u covid is like common flu. Thanks to delta variant from india.

According to MOH report, it is like common flu.  The report said 98% have mild or no symptoms.  The 2% is either unvaccinated patients or vaccinated seniors with health issues. 

On 9/14/2021 at 12:47 PM, Guest Wtf said:

how much hospital capacity do you think Singapore has? Do you know that there are 1,000 icu beds reserved for COVID patients, of which 7 are currently being used?

It’s good to be aware of what’s happening but there is also no need to panic unnecessarily.

Many of them only think of ICU beds. 

If 100,000 tested positive, then 100,000 will stuck at home or hotel quarantine.  They could be our bus drivers, hawkers, delivery riders, refuse collectors whom services are required on a day to day basis.

On 9/19/2021 at 12:43 PM, lonelyglobe said:

If u count by percentage as per million infected, SG would be among the top twenty maybe ? And not at no. 116.

Once the spread goes up in thousand, it's very difficult to control already.

Edited by jlone

On 9/19/2021 at 4:00 PM, LeanMature said:

How come Taiwan and Hong Kong infection rate so low ?  Was there a complete lockdown of the whole city or the people there follow strictly to the government safe distancing measures ?  

TW and HK less delta variant? Mostly Chinese? 

On 9/19/2021 at 11:01 AM, Guest Guest said:

Do you mean for the love of money, selfishness, selflessness, self interest, for the love of people, faithfully supporting the white, the brave, the scared, the sovereign, the stubborn, .... etc. etc.? 

Are you replying to your own incoherent posts now? keep babbling to yourself. 

On 9/19/2021 at 4:00 PM, LeanMature said:

On 9/19/2021 at 5:20 PM, Guest Guest said:

TW and HK less delta variant? Mostly Chinese? 

They don't have CECA and probably not so many relatives visiting in their country. They also have not open up to Brunei and whole of Europe.

Restrictions and people wise, I think we are all quite the same but only different is in Taiwan they have enjoyed 1 year covid free as they wear mask from Jan when our "expert" are still insisting healthy people don't need mask. 

Because of their low vaccination rate, they just have to take each case seriously as compare here,  we take it like common flu. 

On 9/19/2021 at 5:01 PM, Guest Guest said:

I am beginning to regret going for both shots of my vaccination. While it was the socially responsible thing to do last time, what I did not anticipated was how the government is now using the vaccination statistics to open up the economy, even while the Delta variant is raging and the Mu variant is looming. 

I'm not sure if I want to go for the third booster shot now, even if FDA USA is to approve it. If I go for the third booster shot, I will just be another excuse for the government to open up even further, and maybe even have more CECA get into the country with their entire village of people in here. By all means, have the old and elderly go for the shot. But why use my vaccination status to open up the borders when I would rather have the borders shut?

Perhaps the statistics I should be adding on is that of me getting ill and taking up one of those 1000 ICU beds. Judging by how they are anticipating 3000 daily cases and they are just waiting for it to happen, it's not as if the government really care if the citizens will fall sick or not anyway. They just need people to add on to the statistics to support their push to open up the borders. 

I really feel like a sucker for having gone for both my vaccination shots now. If I had known that was going to happen, I think I won't have gone for it last time. 

You should be counting your blessings that you have been one of the luckier ones on this planet to be vaccinated. So many people didn't get that opportunity and have now passed away.

Can you imagine struggling to get air into your lungs until you just pass out with exhaustion?

On 9/19/2021 at 5:05 PM, leo yok loo said:

Of course we know covid is not common flu. 自欺欺人(cheat ourselve and cheat others) 的

white monkeys treating us like monkeys. 

Note also taiwan is so much bigger than spore.

We are like a test bed for their statistics. If it’s simply flu, please resume meet the people sessions, don’t tell people to go office to work then they themselves stop these sessions.

On 9/19/2021 at 7:49 PM, Guest Guest said:

We are like a test bed for their statistics. If it’s simply flu, please resume meet the people sessions, don’t tell people to go office to work then they themselves stop these sessions.

Yes i fully agree. Even now. They are testing to see what happens if open up

Guest Chow Qi Bai Pig
On 9/19/2021 at 3:01 PM, Guest Guest said:

I, it's not as if the government really care if the citizens will fall sick or not anyway.

Singapore needs to open up to maintain the obscene salaries of the top civil fat pigs and Mini toots.

On 9/19/2021 at 4:10 PM, LeanMature said:

Many of them only think of ICU beds. 

If 100,000 tested positive, then 100,000 will stuck at home or hotel quarantine.  They could be our bus drivers, hawkers, delivery riders, refuse collectors whom services are required on a day to day basis.

Precisely,  and how about those medical staff who have been working extremely hard for almost 2 years. The physical and mental stress cannot be compensated with just an additional month of bonus. 

On 9/19/2021 at 4:40 PM, jlone said:

If u count by percentage as per million infected, SG would be among the top twenty maybe ? And not at no. 116.

Their borders are sealed with super powerful glue.  Ours are just scotch taped temporarily, with a bit of leaking.

On 9/19/2021 at 7:49 PM, Guest Guest said:

You are right. Got a joker paired up with a female actor and spread nonsense on TV.

On 9/19/2021 at 3:01 PM, Guest Guest said:

Whether you take booster or not they would still open up as per their plan. Sporean definitely will take booster so Is better to take and most important, we cannot trust these few white monkeys, they are just playing around to see what works and what not,  they do not have a plan except to open up as quickly as possible.  

Guest Thankful
On 9/19/2021 at 8:44 PM, jlone said:

Btw is the booster shot 100% guarantee to prevent infection? Or is it just testing again ?

Be appreciative. Unless you can share with us what in life can be 100% guaranteed?

On 9/19/2021 at 4:40 PM, jlone said:

They do not even plan to control as they are predicting 2-3 k per day and they are seeing it as a common flu,  so SG is officially covid 19 free,  another number one in the world, bravo.

On 9/19/2021 at 9:04 PM, lonelyglobe said:

They do not even plan to control as they are predicting 2-3 k per day and they are seeing it as a common flu,  so SG is officially covid 19 free,  another number one in the world, bravo.

It is as if they dont care if you are infected or they hope all get infected

On 9/19/2021 at 7:15 PM, passinthenight said:

You should be counting your blessings that you have been one of the luckier ones on this planet to be vaccinated. So many people didn't get that opportunity and have now passed away.

Can you imagine struggling to get air into your lungs until you just pass out with exhaustion?

I think you miss the point completely. The reason why the covid was better managed in the past was more due to the lockdown measures. We can see that happening even during the time when the first wave hit Singapore without any vaccination available. Even the KTV cluster was better managed with the heightened alert measures. But now, without any more lockdown measures, do you think the vaccination is going to help contain the spread? You can see for yourself that it is not. This is not about whether you are struggling to breath or not. It is about the situation going to get worse with so much social mingling around happening, and that's even when a potentially more devastating variant, the Mu variant from Colombia, is already waiting at the doorstep. And why are there so much social  mingling around? It's simply because the supposedly high vaccination rate has wrongly lulled the government into the false sense of security, and they allowed for the economy to open. 

On 9/19/2021 at 6:43 PM, Guest Wtf said:

Are you replying to your own incoherent posts now? keep babbling to yourself. 

Goes to show how stupid you are to fail to realize that there are multiple Guest Guests around. Yes, you are better off to be calculated into one of those "dead due to Covid complications" statistics. And didn't you say somewhere that you wouldn't be responding anymore? 

On 9/20/2021 at 12:29 PM, Nightingale said:

As the Chinese saying goes:  Short pain is better than long pain.  A week's Circuit Breaker to try out first is better than 2 weeks or a month.

https://www.straitstimes.com/opinion/forum/voices-of-youth-get-covid-19-under-control-before-reopening

what is the point of any circuit breaker? What do you do after the circuit breaker to avoid being back in the exact same situation - another circuit breaker? And then another after that? And on and on, rinse and repeat forever? 

On 9/20/2021 at 2:50 PM, Nightingale said:

Well, China has been very successful in doing it.

September 18, 2021 – China reported 46 new confirmed cases

September 17, 2021 – China reported 84 new confirmed cases

If for such a large country, you have less than 100 cases daily, what does it tell you about its pandemic control?  The whole nation must be united and have the willpower to withstand circuit breakers, reducing their frequency to a minimum.  Otherwise, what better solution do you have in mind?

Actually Guest Wtf is aware that circuit breaker is one of the more effective ways to reduce number of confirmed cases. There are many countries besides China who are successful in their pandemic control. New Zealand and Australia at different parts of this year were also successful in keeping cases down. 

Guest Wtf point is having multiple circuit breakers over a long period of time going to be the best possible way? Ie 1 month circuit breaker then 1 month resume activities then 1 month cb, 1 month resume etc…it’s going to be disruptive and confusing with start stop start stop…

Looking at current situation, if no CBs or HAs anymore,  is it that garmen gave up liao? We let virus take control of our lives and let it run wild? Trace together for anymore use?

Take care all!

On 9/20/2021 at 2:50 PM, Nightingale said:

Well, China has been very successful in doing it.

September 18, 2021 – China reported 46 new confirmed cases

September 17, 2021 – China reported 84 new confirmed cases

If for such a large country, you have less than 100 cases daily, what does it tell you about its pandemic control?  The whole nation must be united and have the willpower to withstand circuit breakers, reducing their frequency to a minimum.  Otherwise, what better solution do you have in mind?

you are comparing apples and oranges… Why don’t you answer my question: what do you do after another circuit breaker in Singapore when cases start rising again? Because they will.

Do you do another circuit breaker after that? And then another and another until what? Until you get to zero cases of a virus where, in a country with a high vaccination rate, you will anyway be asymptomatic or have mild symptoms in more than 98% of cases? And what else did getting to these zero cases achieve?  An economy destroyed, higher unemployment, higher mental stress, increased suicide rates, decreased education and socialization of kids, isolated elderly,etc. etc. 

On 9/20/2021 at 4:33 PM, 7heaven said:

Actually Guest Wtf is aware that circuit breaker is one of the more effective ways to reduce number of confirmed cases. There are many countries besides China who are successful in their pandemic control. New Zealand and Australia at different parts of this year were also successful in keeping cases down. 

Guest Wtf point is having multiple circuit breakers over a long period of time going to be the best possible way? Ie 1 month circuit breaker then 1 month resume activities then 1 month cb, 1 month resume etc…it’s going to be disruptive and confusing with start stop start stop…

exactly! 

Assoc Prof Terence Kee, a senior consultant renal physician n an active member of renal transplant team in SGH.

1009 cases...

It isn't Freedom Month.

U may not know but our hospitals are feeling the strain.  More general hospital beds are being converted to isolation wards to care for c19 infected patients, more staff are being diverted to care for c19 infected patients n clinical care for other conditions are being postponed.  Patients n staff are regularly swabbed for c19 n we're picking up more asymptomatic n symptomatic cases.

I said it b4 n I say it again.  Stay at home for now.  It isn't really safe to dine out or go exercise in crowded parks where u are mask down or eat or drink together with colleague at work

Vaccination isn't a Captain America's shield.  U can still get infected.  U may be less ill than a non- vaccinated person but u may pass infection to some 1 who'll suffer more like the old, chronically ill n the young.

For cyclists.  Stop cycle in big groups n then have breakfasts together when u are masked down.  Will u die if u juz ride alone or juz don't ride at all for next few weeks?

For joggers.  Find other times to jog when the parks n pavement is less crowded.  Problem isn't the exercise but what happens when u stop jogging.  Too many a time I've seen joggers mask down while walk or rest.  Worst till, they're masked down talk to other joggers, potentially expose each other.  Also if u have to jog, for God's sake, don't jog on road coz u don't want to use pavement as a reason to avoid other joggers.  U aren't a bicycle.  Road users can't see u n an accident's bound to happen.

I see people shop n eat like there's no tomorrow but do u know there're consequences?  Even if majority of infected vaccinated patients are stable, more people that get infected means more vulnerable people like elderly n young are going to get infected.  They may suffer serious consequences as they may not have gotten their shots yet.

We know we've to be prepared to live in an endemic c19 world.  But it isn't Freedom Day.  We need to slow down rise in cases n allow our hospitals to get breathing space b4 it's too late.

Gov's calling on every 1 to scale back non- essential social activities during this period.  MoF Minister Lawrence Wong on Sep 06 said it's part of efforts to help to slow down c19 spread without having to go back to a heightened alert phase or a circuit breaker.

So juz coz u don't see c19, u can go about life as usual.  At rate cases are rising, c19 may be at doorsteps sooner than later.

Do the right thing.
Stay at home.
Wear mask properly.
Educate others b4 it's too late.

Dr Terence Kee

#sgcovid #SGCOVID19 #covidsg #SGUnited #COVID19Singapore

On 9/20/2021 at 11:02 PM, jlone said:

Assoc Prof Terence Kee, a senior consultant renal physician n an active member of renal transplant team in SGH.

1009 cases...

It isn't Freedom Month.

U may not know but our hospitals are feeling the strain.  More general hospital beds are being converted to isolation wards to care for c19 infected patients, more staff are being diverted to care for c19 infected patients n clinical care for other conditions are being postponed.  Patients n staff are regularly swabbed for c19 n we're picking up more asymptomatic n symptomatic cases.

I said it b4 n I say it again.  Stay at home for now.  It isn't really safe to dine out or go exercise in crowded parks where u are mask down or eat or drink together with colleague at work

Vaccination isn't a Captain America's shield.  U can still get infected.  U may be less ill than a non- vaccinated person but u may pass infection to some 1 who'll suffer more like the old, chronically ill n the young.

For cyclists.  Stop cycle in big groups n then have breakfasts together when u are masked down.  Will u die if u juz ride alone or juz don't ride at all for next few weeks?

For joggers.  Find other times to jog when the parks n pavement is less crowded.  Problem isn't the exercise but what happens when u stop jogging.  Too many a time I've seen joggers mask down while walk or rest.  Worst till, they're masked down talk to other joggers, potentially expose each other.  Also if u have to jog, for God's sake, don't jog on road coz u don't want to use pavement as a reason to avoid other joggers.  U aren't a bicycle.  Road users can't see u n an accident's bound to happen.

I see people shop n eat like there's no tomorrow but do u know there're consequences?  Even if majority of infected vaccinated patients are stable, more people that get infected means more vulnerable people like elderly n young are going to get infected.  They may suffer serious consequences as they may not have gotten their shots yet.

We know we've to be prepared to live in an endemic c19 world.  But it isn't Freedom Day.  We need to slow down rise in cases n allow our hospitals to get breathing space b4 it's too late.

Gov's calling on every 1 to scale back non- essential social activities during this period.  MoF Minister Lawrence Wong on Sep 06 said it's part of efforts to help to slow down c19 spread without having to go back to a heightened alert phase or a circuit breaker.

So juz coz u don't see c19, u can go about life as usual.  At rate cases are rising, c19 may be at doorsteps sooner than later.

Do the right thing.
Stay at home.
Wear mask properly.
Educate others b4 it's too late.

Dr Terence Kee

#sgcovid #SGCOVID19 #covidsg #SGUnited #COVID19Singapore

No lah,  SG already covid 19 free,  only common flu and common flu don't need to go hospital,  just send them home. If they want to argue,  ask them to look for minister. 

If outdoor exercise is risky,  then we are just waiting for an outbreak in gym to happen,  9 out of 10 are not wearing mask simply because the rule say don't need to. I really like to know where they get the confidence from?  

Edited by lonelyglobe

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.