Male HQ

Covid Situation in SG discussion (compiled)

Guest Sianz

On 9/22/2021 at 1:33 PM, Nightingale said:

Auntie OCD, that's all you can do, just malign and malign.  If I speak the negative truth about foreigners, you say I am anti-foreign.  If I speak the negative truth about locals, you say I am a traitor.  So you want to speak only the positive?  Isn't that same as 报喜不报忧 which you hate?  Why slap yourself in the face?

And even if I don't mention the cases, there are always people who mention the over 1000 cases.  So are they dancing and celebrating too?

Asking me?  If you don't take numbers as a gauge, then what do you take?  Let me share some inside information about Sg testing.  You would remember there was a hullabaloo when MOH rejected testing and threatened workers with termination of contracts last year.  There was this guy who worked as a tester on workers staying in dormitories.  He said there was a daily quota imposed.  In other words, even if there were 3000 workers ready to be tested, the quota was set around 1000.  Why?  Because the more workers you test, the higher the infection results.  So the maximum infected cases reported was a maximum of slightly below or above 1000 at the height of the dorm cases.  But what if we allowed 3000 to be tested?  Wouldn’t the result be 2500 or more since the workers were mingling, cooking and eating at close range of one another?  So imposing quotas is a way to underreport, so that it seems that the reports are “honest” and "acceptable".  So tell me which country does not want to underreport?  And if you don’t accept those numbers reported, how many more would you want to increase?  The same goes with gerrymandering, which is another tactic to make it seem as if elections are “fair and square” and that democracy is being “carried out”.  Do check the dictionary if you want to know how the word “gerrymander” originated but this is out of our topic.  I just want to show you how statistics can be played around.

And here’s a message that has been circulating about our current situation:  “One ex-colleague pointed out that this means the actual number of infection is higher than the officially published daily numbers, because those who are +ve from the ART test & isolate during the 3 days have no obligation to report that they are positive during those few days.  S’poreans will be unlikely to stay at home during those 3 days especially if they feel well, have no symptoms.  They could be out spreading the virus. And even if they self-isolate, their family members are free to come & go.”

So do you still naively think that underreporting does not apply to us as well?

But aren’t all the lamentations in this thread about number of cases?  Why are you shifting the goalpost and yet your habit is to accuse others of shifting goalposts?  Look at the worries posted here that focus on NUMBERS.  Why can't you see the fact that number of cases and the well-being of businesses are related?  It's no use trying to segregate the 2 and concentrate on 1 only.

Why twist the meaning of words?  "Putting something under control" does not mean zero cases or total permanent elimination.  

Dictionary:  “Under control (of a danger or emergency) such that people are able to deal with it successfully.

Periodic outbursts of infections are normal expectations.  You have to act according to the extent of new cases.  If you deny what has been said about China, then what do the words “Under Control”, “Recovery”  and "Pick Up" below tell us?

With Covid-19 Under Control, China's Economy Surges Ahead

15 Jul 2021

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/10/18/business/china-economy-covid.html

What We Can Learn from China about a Covdi-19 Recovery

https://www.kearney.com/covid-19/article/?/a/what-we-can-learn-from-china-about-a-covid-19-recovery-it-s-better-than-you-think

Singapore   Firms  Attracted  by  China's  Vast  Market,  Fast  Recovery  from  Covid-19 Pandemic

9 Jul 2021

https://www.straitstimes.com/asia/east-asia/singapore-firms-attracted-by-chinas-vast-market-fast-recovery-from-covid-19-pandemic

“In 2020, China’s economy grew 2.3%, from a year ago, making it the only major economy to post an expansion amid the Covid-19 pandemic. “

https://www.china-briefing.com/news/restructuring-your-china-company-to-survive-stabilize-and-succeed

“While retail sales grew by 12.4% year-on-year in May, weaker than expected, it still shows that China’s consumer and business confidences is picking up as a result of pent-up demand and widespread vaccination”

Just like in Sg and elsewhere, small businesses in China suffered the most.  But if you want 100% recovery of businesses and 0 infection rate, please go to Lala-land to look for it.

Northern China's Harbin in semi-shutdown after first Covid-19 cases since Feb

https://www.straitstimes.com/asia/east-asia/northern-chinese-city-in-semi-shutdown-after-first-covid-19-cases-since-february

Note the words "for the 1st cases since Feb".  This means from Feb to Sep – 7 months, they had zero case.  It's also a well-known fact that the Delta variant wreaks havoc even on countries that have fair records on pandemic controls.  So it's no use of your picking out isolated cases and then paint as negative a picture as possible.  As someone who has not been to China or friends residing there to share information, you have no choice but to rely on recycled Western media news and then cherrypick bad scenarios.  And of course I'll expect you cherrypick again and repeat your narrative with nothing convincing, just like what you have done to Singalion's posts.

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/community/3-more-covid-19-deaths-bring-total-to-65-new-cases-in-community-cross-1000-mark

“ . . . cases in community cross 1,000 mark for the 3rd time in 4 days”

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/health/marsiling-lane-hawker-centre-and-wet-market-closed-due-to-covid-19-cluster-there

So there you are, you don't want lockdowns but the above cases prove that more businesses will be affected.  The consequences are predictable.  See the link below for the graphs of Locally Transmitted Cases, Cases in ICU and Total Cases in Hospital:

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/singapore/covid-19-new-cases-sep-21-3-deaths-national-tally-65-2191916

I don’t see why I should get bogged down by China issues when this thread is about SG Covid.  Since many guys are lamenting about the increasing rates, I just suggested a 1-week lockdown to see how things go.  (But the authorities always say the minimum is 2 weeks).  I casually remarked that China’s example is good as Sg has deviated from this method.  But you guys keep on finding fault, claiming that figures cannot be trusted, that Chinese businesses are not doing well.  So I had to show you otherwise.  Then you pick on Harbin, an isolated case and try to prove me wrong and Kimochi continues to write incoherently without solid backing about numbers.  If there’s something to be learnt from an “unpopular” country – be it Russia or Iran, then why not?  In fact, Deng himself personally came down to learn from us during Lee Kuan Yew’s time and in fact, both countries (and Aussie NZ) have shared the common resort of lockdowns in contrast to many other countries.  Anyway I won’t be responding any more to your endless repetitive detractions on China things because I've already made my point.  If you want to continue "picking bones from eggs", be my guest.

“I don’t see why I should get bogged down by China issues.” 

Are. You. For. Real?! You brought the China discussion here, in quite a lot more detail than what you call casual remarks.

You were told it wasn’t relevant and then you doubled down and kept going on about China as an example for Singapore to follow even when, erm, it’s not relevant. 🤦 

On 9/23/2021 at 8:08 AM, Guest Wtf said:

“I don’t see why I should get bogged down by China issues.” 

Are. You. For. Real?! You brought the China discussion here, in quite a lot more detail than what you call casual remarks.

You were told it wasn’t relevant and then you doubled down and kept going on about China as an example for Singapore to follow even when, erm, it’s not relevant. 🤦 

That old fart is always like this. Disgustingly and shamelessly stupid.  Is he illiterate?!😂

On 9/23/2021 at 12:30 AM, mate69 said:

At the rate the country is going, I really wonder if anyone really cares for the well-being of the citizens anymore. Did they say they are expecting the situation to stabilize only after the country hits 3000 daily cases? Seems that the country is on track to go way past that number already.

Received news from family yesterday that my 80 yo dad confirmed and got infected by the COVID-19 virus (could be from outdoor places) - now warded in NCID.

Frankly, jin worrying ... 😔 ... furthermore, they (NCID) do not allow visitation. 😰

For those with aged parents especially, please ask them to take care, OK! 🙏

On 9/23/2021 at 11:50 AM, Nightingale said:

Of course the China example is relevant because of its success story.  But the focus of this thread is on Sg.  I only mentioned it casually but because detractors keep denying truths and nitpicking on words like "under control", "isolated", "numbers vs businesses", so I had to show them details.  What's wrong with clarifying misconceptions?  You want to blame, blame them lah.

China is not a success story otherwise why they need to shutdown Xiamen, Putian and now Harbin, and some of us here showed articles about these shutdowns to present another view. Otherwise we may be misled by casual remarks. 

On 9/23/2021 at 12:46 PM, Guest Guest said:

Received news from family yesterday that my 80 yo dad confirmed and got infected by the COVID-19 virus (could be from outdoor places) - now warded in NCID.

Frankly, jin worrying ... 😔 ... furthermore, they (NCID) do not allow visitation. 😰

For those with aged parents especially, please ask them to take care, OK! 🙏

Please take care. And who did you and your father voted for?

On a seperate note: https://sg.yahoo.com/news/wuhan-scientists-planned-release-skin-145326380.html

Wuhan scientists planned to release coronavirus particles into cave bats, leaked papers reveal

New documents show that just 18 months before the first Covid-19 cases appeared, researchers had submitted plans to release skin-penetrating nanoparticles and aerosols containing “novel chimeric spike proteins” of bat coronaviruses into cave bats in Yunnan, China.

They also planned to create chimeric viruses, genetically enhanced to infect humans more easily, and requested $14million from the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (Darpa) to fund the work.

Papers, confirmed as genuine by a former member of the Trump administration, show they were hoping to introduce “human-specific cleavage sites” to bat coronaviruses which would make it easier for the virus to enter human cells.

When Covid-19 was first genetically sequenced, scientists were puzzled about how the virus had evolved such a human-specific adaptation at the cleavage site on the spike protein, which is the reason it is so infectious.

The documents were released by Drastic, the web-based investigations team set up by scientists from across the world to look into the origins of Covid-19.

Of course the China example is relevant because of its success story.  But the focus of this thread is on Sg.  I only mentioned it casually but because detractors keep denying truths and nitpicking on words like "under control", "isolated", "numbers vs businesses", so I had to show them details.  What's wrong with clarifying misconceptions?  You want to blame, blame them lah.

China is only relevant because it is the cause of the GLOBAL PANDEMIC! Every single nation in the world should go and sue China for economic damages and force the country back into a poverty rivaled only by North Korea. 

On 9/23/2021 at 7:19 AM, Guest Fatty said:

All the more we should stand behind them so they can lead us in this hour od need

The problem is they can't lead, if they lead u to hell, u want to follow?

Basically they are at a loss and do not have a sense of direction where we are heading to except to ask u to go for vaccination and booster shot. 

The whole stay home recovery plan is in such a big mess with people asking for direction but not getting any support  and given the density of our living environment, the infection rate is just going to shot up further. 

On 9/23/2021 at 1:41 PM, Guest Guest said:

Please take care. And who did you and your father voted for?

Thanks bro! ... this amid the much worrying for the family (especially mom) ... 😔😥... heard TTSH very busy now.

I do not know about my dad ... but I voted for Dr. Tan during GE (he seemed very sincere and wanting to help, but alas ...). 😟

Elderly woman resorts to staying at Toa Payoh waste collection point after positive Covid-19 result as she has no home (msn.com) 

Elderly woman resorts to staying at Toa Payoh waste collection point after positive Covid-19 result as she has no home

AAOIR4p.img?h=1080&w=1920&m=6&q=60&o=f&l=f&x=351&y=241

Singapore ― A 60-year-old homeless woman resorted to sitting next to a rubbish collection point in order to isolate herself after testing positive for Covid-19.

The woman reportedly tested positive in a rapid antigen test (ART) and was awaiting her polymerase chain reaction (PCR) test result. According to a report on, Shin Min Daily News (SMDN), the woman appeared to be unwell on Monday morning (Sept 20).

However, as she was not an employee at the Toa Payoh Market of hawker centre, she was not tested for Covid-19. Regulars at the market and hawker centre said that the woman is often known to loiter in the area.

After a stranger bought her a self-test kit, and she tested positive for Covid-19, the stranger then arranged for the elderly lady to get tested at a clinic nearby. Her Antigen Rapid Test (ART) turned out to be positive, and she was instructed to self-quarantine at home before the result of her polymerase chain reaction (PCR) test is ready.

PCR test results are usually only available 24 to 48 hours after testing.

The woman considered herself homeless because she did not get along with her husband and has not been home for years. She told SMDN that she had been sleeping and bathing at the hawker centre. After members of the public contacted the authorities to help the woman, two policemen arrived in personal protective equipment (PPE) at the scene.

When asked if she was willing to be quarantined at a designated facility, the woman said she will cooperate with the authorities. She was picked up by an ambulance at about 2:30 pm the same day.

On 9/23/2021 at 3:14 PM, lonelyglobe said:

The problem is they can't lead, if they lead u to hell, u want to follow?

Basically they are at a loss and do not have a sense of direction where we are heading to except to ask u to go for vaccination and booster shot. 

The whole stay home recovery plan is in such a big mess with people asking for direction but not getting any support  and given the density of our living environment, the infection rate is just going to shot up further. 

Follow

On 9/23/2021 at 6:56 PM, Nightingale said:

As I've said before, you've always have warped definitions of your own.  Precisely because of these shutdowns, that's why they are so successful.  Major infections start with isolated cases, which remain isolated if they are well contained.  That's what Australia has been doing.  And you don't hear Chongqing, Beijing, Shenyang, Tianjin, Chengdu and a host of other major cities reporting cases all at once.  And even Wuhan itself held a mass concert.  According to your logic, you want 100 or 99.9% in order to call success.  So Pfizer and Moderna that claimed over 80% efficacy also will not pass your criterion.  Yet you went ahead to vaccinate with that?  But never mind.  No use talking to people who are unreasonable.

"you've always have warped definitions of your own"??  "No use talking to people who are unreasonable"??

Are you kidding me??

YARN | Look who's talking. | Shampoo (1975) | Video gifs by quotes |  e120c7cb | 紗

The verdict is not out yet.  Hahaha.

As I've said before, you've always have warped definitions of your own.  Precisely because of these shutdowns, that's why they are so successful.  Major infections start with isolated cases, which remain isolated if they are well contained.  That's what Australia has been doing.  And you don't hear Chongqing, Beijing, Shenyang, Tianjin, Chengdu and a host of other major cities reporting cases all at once.  And even Wuhan itself held a mass concert.  According to your logic, you want 100 or 99.9% in order to call success.  So Pfizer and Moderna that claimed over 80% efficacy also will not pass your criterion.  Yet you went ahead to vaccinate with that?  But never mind.  No use talking to people who are unreasonable.

what on earth are you talking about now, bringing vaccine efficacy rates into the discussion?!? Wtf does this have to do with anything? Efficacy rates of a medicine are obviously not equivalent to talking about case numbers - you are really clutching at straws.

no use talking to people who are stupid. 

I am not sure how many people agree with you that China is a ‘success’ story. With sudden surge in cases and snap shutdowns in Xiamen, Putian and Harbin in China, it is unwise to use them to parade success. Actually nobody can stop you from spreading your propaganda here but we will present articles to show other sides for people to judge if your propaganda is justified. 

Countries have to decide if they want shutdown or not but must stay grounded and not use communication channels to spread propaganda giving others a false impression of how they are handling their pandemic. 

To compare it with vaccine efficacy is irrelevant as usual. 

Let's all agree that the COVID-19 delta variant much more contagious than the earlier version from 2020. 

The simplest way to slow down or mitigate the spread is social distancing to avoid it from infecting person to person. Where social distancing is impossible, and you are required to be in close proximity, you wear a mask. 

The vaccine helps you to have a better fighting chance against COVID. It does not mean you won't get infected. It just means you have a better fighting to chance should you become infected. 

Each country is dealing with the pandemic to the best it can accordingly. Complaining or comparing is not going to improve the situation you are in. Instead, do your part in helping to stop the spread of the virus. 

Love. 

On 9/23/2021 at 10:39 PM, doncoin said:

Instead, do your part in helping to stop the spread of the virus. 

While the leaders ask the citizens to do their part to stop the spread of the virus, they continued to open their borders to let even more people to get in? While the people try to plug the leaks internally, the government lets in the external flood?? Right now, the government is looking into even more Vaccinated Travel Lanes program with other countries, even when UK is already casting doubts on the authenticity of some countries' vaccination certs like those from India. Why ask the people to do their part just so that the leaders can bring in more infected foreigners, potentially with new variants?

On 9/23/2021 at 10:15 PM, Guest Guest said:

MSM come up with graphs and barcharts etc . Trying very hard to say that they are in control.

I Aint Buying It GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Just 6 days ago, he admiited that the "Singapore's current surge in COVID-19 cases came much earlier than authorities had hoped for, said Health Minister Ong Ye Kung on Friday (17 September), "

https://news.yahoo.com/singapore-surge-covid-cases-earlier-expected-ong-ye-kung-134049770.html

On 9/23/2021 at 11:11 PM, Guest Guest said:

I Aint Buying It GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Just 6 days ago, he admiited that the "Singapore's current surge in COVID-19 cases came much earlier than authorities had hoped for, said Health Minister Ong Ye Kung on Friday (17 September), "

https://news.yahoo.com/singapore-surge-covid-cases-earlier-expected-ong-ye-kung-134049770.html

is OK,  right from the start they never expect dormitory infection so jialat resulting in the first CB, then they never expect Indian variant to sneak out from airport, they also never expect KTV to have hostesses providing special service, then how can they expect million dollars pay?  

and probably didn't expect another record number.

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/health/1504-new-covid-19-cases-in-spore-two-unvaccinated-women-die

Edited by lonelyglobe

On 9/23/2021 at 11:04 AM, Guest Guest said:

While the leaders ask the citizens to do their part to stop the spread of the virus, they continued to open their borders to let even more people to get in? While the people try to plug the leaks internally, the government lets in the external flood?? Right now, the government is looking into even more Vaccinated Travel Lanes program with other countries, even when UK is already casting doubts on the authenticity of some countries' vaccination certs like those from India. Why ask the people to do their part just so that the leaders can bring in more infected foreigners, potentially with new variants?

You cannot control what others do, or dictate government policies, but you can control yourself and do your part. Opening the borders, at some point, is going to happen, and it is to facilitate commerce/trade. Singapore has always been a meeting point by virtue of geography. We are highly dependent on foreign workers who do the jobs that Singaporeans do not want to do, those are the kinds of jobs where they hire large numbers of foreigners. What can do you think Singapore can do to reduce its dependency on foreign workers, especially in jobs like construction or domestic help? 

Love. 

On 9/24/2021 at 8:22 AM, leo yok loo said:

Now they say survey show that 70% happy with country's covid handling.. haha good try.

That survey was conducted between Sep and Nov 2020 last year. So they may not be wrong per-se, but we are all familiar with their style of misleading information. 

On 9/24/2021 at 4:46 AM, doncoin said:

You cannot control what others do, or dictate government policies, but you can control yourself and do your part. Opening the borders, at some point, is going to happen, and it is to facilitate commerce/trade. Singapore has always been a meeting point by virtue of geography. We are highly dependent on foreign workers who do the jobs that Singaporeans do not want to do, those are the kinds of jobs where they hire large numbers of foreigners. What can do you think Singapore can do to reduce its dependency on foreign workers, especially in jobs like construction or domestic help? 

....including misleading information such as "foreign workers... do the jobs that Singaporeans do not want to do, those are the kinds of jobs where they hire large numbers of foreigners"  and start talking about "foreign workers, especially in jobs like construction or domestic help" when we know that the Chennai Business Park is filled with CECA white collar job workers. 

On 9/24/2021 at 8:48 AM, Guest Guest said:

That survey was conducted between Sep and Nov 2020 last year. So they may not be wrong per-se, but we are all familiar with their style of misleading information. 

....including misleading information such as "foreign workers... do the jobs that Singaporeans do not want to do, those are the kinds of jobs where they hire large numbers of foreigners"  and start talking about "foreign workers, especially in jobs like construction or domestic help" when we know that the Chennai Business Park is filled with CECA white collar job workers. 

Thank u. I understand now.

On 9/23/2021 at 8:48 PM, Guest Guest said:

...including misleading information such as "foreign workers... do the jobs that Singaporeans do not want to do, those are the kinds of jobs where they hire large numbers of foreigners"  and start talking about "foreign workers, especially in jobs like construction or domestic help" when we know that the Chennai Business Park is filled with CECA white collar job workers. 

I am sure there are white collar jobs filled by foreigners as well, as you have pointed it out- "Chennai Business Park." The reality is that the Indian professional workers are all around the world and are in high demand. Even in the US, disproportionately the number of H1B work visas are issued to Indian nationals, and majority of them fill jobs in the IT sector. Whatever it is, the Indian government somehow got it right and managed to churn out citizens whose skills are in demand. (Granted there are those with fake diplomas, but that is another story). 

It is not just in Singapore. The same thing can be said of the Chinese as well. 

Love. 

On 9/24/2021 at 9:26 AM, leo yok loo said:

Thank u. I understand now.

Here's the link to the ST article which says so: https://sg.news.yahoo.com/singapore-residents-proud-covid-efforts-ips-study-151548519.html

"The findings, which were released on Thursday (23 September), polled some 2,000 Singapore residents from September to November last year who were asked, among others, to indicate their sense of pride across 24 indicators. "

On 9/24/2021 at 9:56 AM, doncoin said:

It is not just in Singapore. The same thing can be said of the Chinese as well. 

... As usual, when the misleading statements are pointed out, we will get another of the distraction and digression to throw red herrings into the discussions now. It is time to learn what are their usual tactics!

Talking about "Chinese" now? What's next? Racism? Xenophobia? Even the UK is more than careful of their fraudulent practices now, and enough to consider all their vaccine status certifications as non-existent.  An entire country with 3rd rate education running all over the world and suddenly becoming so intelligent and capable? They must have done something so damned right, or they have conned their way through every single nations' system to do OTJ training, which could have been given to the locals. If you like them so much, feel free to bring them all over into the USA. yourself.

Guest Emperor Xi

Emmm...

How can china be consider as a success story when the covid is still bery much active around the the world including occasionally having a outbreak in china?

I think it is too early to declare who is successful in handling covid now

Who knows maybe tomolo a new more deadly and infectious covid variant might make a trip back to its 'hometown' china and there will be huge uncontrollable outbreak in china? 

I think for now it is best to stay focus, learn n use the best methods on keeping the infected numbers n death rate low 

Guest Emperor Xi

Oh and one more thing...

When is information or figures release by china govt transparent and accurate? 

In china there is no freedom of press and speech, everything is strictly controlled including what you search and post on the internet.

Only supporting suspicious looking govt information and figures is allowed 

Try going against the chinese govt today and you might be gone tomolo!

So how to trust chinese govt words when there is no check and balance and when supporting evidence looks so suspicious? 

I won't be surprised if there are under reporting and cover ups

Remember just few months ago.... There is only 12 dead and few injured in zhengzhou flood when so many cars and trains are trapped in flooded tunnels

Don't sounds logic right?

On 9/23/2021 at 10:39 PM, doncoin said:

Let's all agree that the COVID-19 delta variant much more contagious than the earlier version from 2020. 

The simplest way to slow down or mitigate the spread is social distancing to avoid it from infecting person to person. Where social distancing is impossible, and you are required to be in close proximity, you wear a mask. 

The vaccine helps you to have a better fighting chance against COVID. It does not mean you won't get infected. It just means you have a better fighting to chance should you become infected. 

Each country is dealing with the pandemic to the best it can accordingly. Complaining or comparing is not going to improve the situation you are in. Instead, do your part in helping to stop the spread of the virus. 

Precisely, stop the spread, so no sex for u for 2 years, that must be tough.

On 9/24/2021 at 12:03 PM, Guest KumLan公主 said:

Now daily cases 1500+.

Eveeyday record high!  My overseas frds all shocked to know.

I also dare not eat cocks....scare kena covid.

That is very responsible of u to  help to stop the spread.

Tell your friends no worry,  SG is the first country to declare covid free, here only got common flu, life as per normal and everthing is under good control. 

Guest Shut the fuck up
On 9/23/2021 at 1:39 PM, 7heaven said:

China is not a success story otherwise why they need to shutdown Xiamen, Putian and now Harbin, and some of us here showed articles about these shutdowns to present another view. Otherwise we may be misled by casual remarks. 

Wtf ! Your damned USA country  is already a laughing stock for all of us here with the country's unbelievable death rates of 670k + cases which is more than the combined US military deaths in World War I, World War II, the Korean War, the Vietnam War, the Gulf Wars and the Afghanistan War. Rather than solve the covid crisis in USA to prevent further infection and death rates, your orange faced man blamed it on China and continued to hold jammed packed election rallies to boost his laughable pathetic ego. No, I don't think it's China, Even if  covid  originated from elsewhere say the UK, the covid situation in USA will  be similar. You can bet your orange faced fat ass ex-president to call it the uk flu and blame it everything on the nation, anything but himself cos he's an utterly narcissistic incompetent president. Your damned country will be better served by first solving your country's own deep seated problems rather than go around barking and meddling with other countries' affairs which your government has failed miserably.  See Afghanistan, need i say more. So please save your comments in your stupid fight with Singalion and Steve5380  in the US  politics discussion and stop making fool of yourself further here.

On 9/24/2021 at 8:48 AM, Guest Guest said:

If the survey is conducted now,  i bet it will be 69.9% instead of 70%, like i mention before, there are simply too many silly aunties who think we handle well and a few spotted here.   

Guest Happy Soul

2 pax good.  Especially for singles in Singapore.  We don't have to feel weird eating alone like in the past when group of people stared at us lonely singles.    Now we can  eat peacefully, with the least crowd, less stares and more cozy feel.  I like.

On 9/24/2021 at 12:24 PM, Guest Shut the fuck up said:

Wtf ! Your damned USA country  is already a laughing stock for all of us here with the country's unbelievable death rates of 670k + cases which is more than the combined US military deaths in World War I, World War II, the Korean War, the Vietnam War, the Gulf Wars and the Afghanistan War. Rather than solve the covid crisis in USA to prevent further infection and death rates, your orange faced man blamed it on China and continued to hold jammed packed election rallies to boost his laughable pathetic ego. No, I don't think it's China, Even if  covid  originated from elsewhere say the UK, the covid situation in USA will  be similar. You can bet your orange faced fat ass ex-president to call it the uk flu and blame it everything on the nation, anything but himself cos he's an utterly narcissistic incompetent president. Your damned country will be better served by first solving your country's own deep seated problems rather than go around barking and meddling with other countries' affairs which your government has failed miserably.  See Afghanistan, need i say more. So please save your comments in your stupid fight with Singalion and Steve5380  in the US  politics discussion and stop making fool of yourself further here.

I am not American. If you had read and understood my posts in US politics discussion, I am not pro-American. Next, have there been any leaders in the world blamed their countries’ problems on themselves? Happy to hear you quote a few. 

On 9/24/2021 at 7:11 AM, 7heaven said:

I am not American. If you had read and understood my posts in US politics discussion, I am not pro-American. Next, have there been any leaders in the world blamed their countries’ problems on themselves? Happy to hear you quote a few. 

Ha ha ha... not only you are not pro-America, you seem to be definitely anti-America, given your choice for The Big Liar.  And good that you are not an American,  otherwise America should eliminate you like a cancer cell in the body.

On 9/23/2021 at 11:24 PM, Guest Shut the fuck up said:

I agree with your criticism of @7heaven, a person so blind to the shortcomings of the "orange faced fat ass ex-president" and so opinionated about the politics in the US even as he might be living thousands of miles away from it. But I live in the US and I am satisfied with this country even if it is far from perfect.  Protection against Covid-19 is as much a matter of personal choice as it is the country in which we live, and I feel that I am protected here in America.

And in line with the topic here, I hope that you guys in SG can have free access to the mRNA vaccines we have in the US, in particular the Moderna vaccine.  It is proving to be the one with the most effectivity, which is also lasting the longest.  I hope in a few weeks to get the 3d shot of it (booster),  although I feel well protected already.

Buy time for what? For them sit in Parliament and have a debate for days to prove that CECA is good for Singapore? Sometimes I wonder, if more time has been taken to think about this COVID-19 management instead of spending so much time on CECA justification, would the covid19 situation be handled better? 

Which other country actually had the MPs and politicians fighting for the rights of the foreigners instead of that of the citizens, especially in times like this? This is really Uniquely Singapore..or rather, Uniquely PAP. 

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.