Male HQ

Covid Situation in SG discussion (compiled)

Guest Sianz

On 3/24/2022 at 7:32 PM, sgmaven said:

Most nightlife establishments have adapted their operations to suit the prevailing restrictions due to the pandemic. This has helped many to stay afloat.

Sure but it wouldn't change that they are clubs.

Zouk is operating as a restaurant and with tables at the dance floor where people can have drinks while dj's play music.

If you look at the pictures from Tantric at instagram, then the only thing different are the opening hours and smaller groups... The concept is still a club playing loud music...

On 3/24/2022 at 7:33 PM, singalion said:

At least I share some considerations for the vulnerable.

They wouldn't die from a flu but they die from Omicron.

Maybe this is just too much for you to understand.

False. Vulnerable do die of flu. And your public service announcements and daily case and death counts have been nowhere to be seen then for those 600 people or so who died every year.

So please spare me the sanctimony. 

On 3/24/2022 at 7:36 PM, singalion said:

Zouk is operating as a restaurant and with tables at the dance floor where people can have drinks while dj's play music.

If you look at the pictures from Tantric at instagram, then the only thing different are the opening hours and smaller groups... The concept is still a club playing loud music...

you obviously don’t really get what people go to clubs for if you think the current offering in premises that were previously clubs is somehow the same thing as going to a club. So probably better to stop just digging yourself into an ever deeper hole. 

On 3/24/2022 at 7:31 PM, singalion said:

Look I have no mood to respond to your quarrelsome posts.

have you still not noticed the common feature of so many threads on blowing wind is you claiming other people are quarrelsome when they pick you up on the bs you post all over this site? 

On 3/24/2022 at 7:36 PM, singalion said:

‘Zouk is operating as a restaurant’ - you say it yourself: it is not operating as a club… 😂 

On 3/24/2022 at 7:39 PM, Guest Wtf said:

False. Vulnerable do die of flu. And your public service announcements and daily case and death counts have been nowhere to be seen then for those 600 people or so who died every year.

So please spare me the sanctimony. 

Your point is unsubstantiated.

There are 600 people that died of flu in a year.

But for plenty of those with underlying conditions don't die if you catch a flu in general.

This means that not all people with underlying conditions are prone to die from flu.

But much more people with underlying medical conditions die from Covid compared to a flu.

That was the point.

Edited by singalion

On 3/24/2022 at 7:50 PM, singalion said:

Your point is unsubstantiated.

There are 600 people that died of flu in a year.

But for plenty of those with underlying conditions don't die if you catch a flu in general.

This means that not all people with underlying conditions are prone to die from flu.

not all people with underlying conditions are prone to die from covid either! Srsly… are you even thinking before you type this stuff? 

On 3/24/2022 at 7:45 PM, Guest Wtf said:

‘Zouk is operating as a restaurant’ - you say it yourself: it is not operating as a club… 😂 

Stop quarreling.

There was an "and"

Zouk serves food and drinks, but it has these higher type of disco tables on the dance floor where groups of five people were able to "dance" and sip their cocktails.

You wrote that "in general" all clubs are closed.

On 3/24/2022 at 6:33 PM, Guest Wtf said:

you don’t seem to know much because clubs are most definitely not open.
If you don’t have any knowledge on a topic,  maybe don’t reply on it? 

This was the starting point and is not correct.

Zouk is a club and is open the same as Tantric that a club is open, also Attica is open!

On 3/24/2022 at 7:55 PM, Guest Wtf said:

not all people with underlying conditions are prone to die from covid either! Srsly… are you even thinking before you type this stuff? 

But much more people with underlying medical conditions die from Covid compared to a flu.

That was the point

On 3/24/2022 at 7:44 PM, Guest Wtf said:

you claiming other people are quarrelsome when they pick you ? 

But you always start to post insulting responses to what people post here and attack those members in the first place.

Edited by singalion

On 3/24/2022 at 7:56 PM, singalion said:

That was the point

then write that point, rather than another one.

and then you won’t be picked up for speeding misinformation.  

On 3/24/2022 at 7:55 PM, singalion said:

Stop quarreling.

There was an "and"

Zouk serves food and drinks, but it has these higher type of disco tables on the dance floor where groups of five people were able to "dance" and sip their cocktails.

You wrote that "in general" all clubs are closed.

This was the starting point and is not correct.

Zouk is a club and is open the same as Tantric that a club is open, also Attica is open!

please get it into your head: they are not operating as clubs!! 

You can rewrite your point whichever way you like but they are not operating as clubs, so my original point - ‘clubs are definitely not open’ - is completely correct. 

On 3/24/2022 at 8:01 PM, singalion said:

But you always start to post insulting responses to what people post here and attack those members in the first place.

Once again: the common link in many of the quarrelling threads on blowing wind is you. Do you really not see the pattern? 

Guest Guest
On 3/24/2022 at 1:23 PM, Guest GUEST said:

MOST IMPORTANTLY, WHEN ARE GAY CLUBS GOING TO OPEN?

I WANT TO CHECK OUT HOT GUYS!

Sad thing is there‘s no more gay club left in SG. The only remaining Taboo has closed / converted to a restaurant. Joints like Tantric are not clubs.

When clubs are allowed to open eventually, hopefully Taboo can revive or a new gay club is opened (takes time though).

Guest Guest
On 3/25/2022 at 11:00 AM, And then said:

curious to find out how many will stop wearing mask outdoors next week.

do a poll?

will still wear cos i have way too many disposable masks at home

Guest Not for Sharing

Will assess the situation.  I realised mask wearing has prevented me from falling sick nor getting flu easily.   I also find mask has prevented me from  the odor in packed area, especially when using toilet.

From now onwards, I will only take off mask if I meet the right guy, I am by myself or I see people standing far away from me, or I am surrounded by nice roses in the nursery.  Good that it is now optional.   In the meantime,  I am not quite ready taking off my mask with a stranger sitting beside me in the train or buses.  

More viruses will be floating in the air if those infected walking around do not wear mask at all. The smart mtf is just testing the water.

If the outdoor hawkers are also optional to wear mask, I will not patronise those without mask on. 

Do not feel too confident about the easing at all.

Guest guest
On 3/25/2022 at 11:00 AM, And then said:

curious to find out how many will stop wearing mask outdoors next week.

do a poll?

Confirm i will continue to wear mask outdoors. The cases in sg still quite high, even though many people think that the covid situation is becoming better. Even wearing of mask, so many still can infected with covid, cannot imagine if no wear mask at all.

Guest guest
On 3/25/2022 at 9:11 PM, jlone said:

More viruses will be floating in the air if those infected walking around do not wear mask at all. The smart mtf is just testing the water.

If the outdoor hawkers are also optional to wear mask, I will not patronise those without mask on. 

Do not feel too confident about the easing at all.

MMTF always testing the water. If the situation turns out to be good, then they will get the credit. If no good, then they would blame the virus too strong.

Guest Guest
On 3/25/2022 at 10:43 PM, Guest guest said:

MMTF always testing the water. If the situation turns out to be good, then they will get the credit. If no good, then they would blame the virus too strong.

Did you mean to say this:

"MMTF always testing the water. If the situation turns out to be good, then they will get the credit. If no good, then they would blame the virus too strong will also say it's good and still the credit for it". 

Ownself check ownself, remember? 

OYK: "We cannot gamble on the health of Singaporeans" | Page 9 |  HardwareZone Forums

Guest I am scare!

Singapore has more than 1 million covit cases.  Just heard my sis also kena.  it seems the virus is getting closer and closer to every household.  Anyone Tio Covit want to share experiences?   

Guest GUEST
On 3/26/2022 at 1:27 PM, Guest I am scare! said:

Singapore has more than 1 million covit cases.  Just heard my sis also kena.  it seems the virus is getting closer and closer to every household.  Anyone Tio Covit want to share experiences?   

I think their plan is to get as many people infected with covid as possible, like they want everyone to be vaccinated. To achieve herd immunity. The people i know around me, many already got infected. I am wondering when is my turn? The current virus, seems like no matter how your do and prevent also cannot escape from getting the virus.

Guest Guest
On 3/26/2022 at 8:18 PM, Guest GUEST said:

I think their plan is to get as many people infected with covid as possible, like they want everyone to be vaccinated. To achieve herd immunity. The people i know around me, many already got infected. I am wondering when is my turn? The current virus, seems like no matter how your do and prevent also cannot escape from getting the virus.

Infect everyone now, and leave the resulting long covid symptoms for another day to do the denial, just like what they did with vaccination injuries. Nothing new.

Guest Guest

Yes everyone have to kena the virus to become immune to it.Not only that everyone seems to know how to cure from this virus in a quick way.Coconut water  is one of the solution to get rid of this virus.

Guest I am scare!
On 3/26/2022 at 10:26 PM, Guest Guest said:

Yes everyone have to kena the virus to become immune to it.Not only that everyone seems to know how to cure from this virus in a quick way.Coconut water  is one of the solution to get rid of this virus.

Coconut water is for the post-vaccination.  Once kena, need a different method right?

On 3/26/2022 at 1:27 PM, Guest I am scare! said:

If you are relatively young and healthy, you do need to be scared of a virus where 99.7% of the cases in Singapore are mild or asymptomatic. You may even have already had it without even realizing. 

Guest Guest

On 3/27/2022 at 12:31 PM, Guest Wtf said:

If you are relatively young and healthy, you do need to be scared of a virus where 99.7% of the cases in Singapore are mild or asymptomatic. You may even have already had it without even realizing. 

"If you are relatively young and healthy"?? What if you are not, or have someone at home who isn't? Can you provide guarantees that the symptoms for them will also be mild and asymptomatic? Who will be responsible if they suffer and/or die from it? You? Wtf? 

Breathlessness, fatigue, persistent cough: Doctors see more cases of 'long COVID' in Singapore CNA Report

Well, one thing is for sure. With the rise in the number of cases in Singapore (more than a million), the incidence of Long-COVID is also up. Not enough research has been done on this topic, but it is already known that you can suffer Long-COVID whether or not you experience acute symptoms or mild symptoms during your bout of COVID infection.

Слава Україні!

On 3/29/2022 at 8:52 AM, Guest Guest said:

Good to see sinkies still wearing masks outdoors.. but a lot of foreign trash roaming maskless on the streets now!

Then the more reason you should wear mask, come 1 apr, our door will be completely open and there will be more maskless roaming the street. 

Guest Guest
On 3/29/2022 at 6:11 AM, sgmaven said:

Breathlessness, fatigue, persistent cough: Doctors see more cases of 'long COVID' in Singapore CNA Report

Well, one thing is for sure. With the rise in the number of cases in Singapore (more than a million), the incidence of Long-COVID is also up. Not enough research has been done on this topic, but it is already known that you can suffer Long-COVID whether or not you experience acute symptoms or mild symptoms during your bout of COVID infection.

Good to see sinkies still wearing masks outdoors.. but a lot of foreign trash roaming maskless on the streets now!

First, there was no consideration for the old and aged in the reckless re-opening of the economy in the past; And now, there is no consideration of all the long-COVID symptoms in the young and previously-healthy. All that were considered was the money, Money, MONEY, and how much of it was flowing into the economy and the Ministers' salaries. Let's see how much money will be able to bring back the dead and heal back those having Long-Covid symptoms.  

This "endemic living" decision has really shown everyone how the current government has and will manage the country in the future. Some people already knew this long ago, more people know now. Let's hope more people will know soon. 

On 3/29/2022 at 11:16 AM, lonelyglobe said:

Then the more reason you should wear mask, come 1 apr, our door will be completely open and there will be more maskless roaming the street. 

don’t know which streets can be seen from IMH but everywhere I have been today, people of all races and nationalities are out and about without masks (as is their choice).

these comments that attempt to divide between what foreigners and locals do or don’t do are pathetic. 

On 3/29/2022 at 1:25 PM, Guest Kiasi said:

Took a 10 minutes walk to the mall, for lunch and back, without mask. still the kiasu, kiasi sinkies all mask up in the hot sun

I wouldnt say is kiasu or kiasi, i m glad everyone is using their brain, from what i see today, i would say at least 90% are still wearing mask outdoor,  which is excellent. 

Anyway,  is at your own discretion, if u think u want to incresse the chance of kena covid, then dont wear. If u think u want to minimise the risk,  then continue to wear,  afterall already 2 years,  no excuse about not use to it. 

Edited by lonelyglobe

On 3/29/2022 at 4:05 PM, lonelyglobe said:

I wouldnt say is kiasu or kiasi, i m glad everyone is using their brain, from what i see today, i would say at least 90% are still wearing mask outdoor,  which is excellent. 

Anyway,  is at your own discretion, if u think u want to incresse the chance of kena covid, then dont wear. If u think u want to minimise the risk,  then continue to wear,  afterall already 2 years,  no excuse about not use to it. 

if they were really using their brains, they would have been asking to mask free outdoors much earlier. Go read up on transmission risk.

On 3/29/2022 at 6:36 PM, lonelyglobe said:

oh look, people of all races and nationalities are shown without masks.

so take your pathetic pofma comment and keep walking.

and stop spreading misinformation and exaggerating the risk of catching Covid from outdoors. 

Guest Kiasi
On 3/29/2022 at 4:05 PM, lonelyglobe said:

You saying the MTF not using their brains when they say not mandatory ? Must POFMA or not?

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.