Male HQ

Covid Situation in SG discussion (compiled)

Guest Sianz

On 3/24/2022 at 11:36 AM, ChFitBbBtm said:

On the one hand, we finally get to see cuties full-faced outdoors.

On the other hand, we bear the risk of coming into contact with inconsiderate ppl freely coughing/sneezing without any cover.

Bleah.

You can still wear mask outdoor, with a daily 10,000 cases,  i don t think is a good idea to remove them especially when our outdoor is so crowded with the 75% workforce back and full opening of our border.

Bye bye the 2 years of peace and tranquility in this tiny nation. 

On 3/24/2022 at 11:36 AM, ChFitBbBtm said:

On the one hand, we finally get to see cuties full-faced outdoors.

On the other hand, we bear the risk of coming into contact with inconsiderate ppl freely coughing/sneezing without any cover.

Bleah.

you can choose to carry on wearing your mask outdoors or not. You can also choose whether to even go outdoors or not. Be an adult and manage any risk for yourself. 

S'pore's total Covid-19 caseload crosses 1m mark as it reports 10,244 new infections

Published 19 Mar 2022

SINGAPORE - The Ministry of Health reported 10,244 new Covid-19 infections in Singapore on Saturday (March 19), a drop from 10,594 cases on Friday.

It means Singapore has crossed the one million mark for the number of Covid-19 cases, with the total now at 1,007,158.

There were 27 patients in the intensive care unit, and 127 needed oxygen supplementation.

Three deaths were reported on Saturday, down from nine the day before.

Covid-19 cases in S'pore fall below 10,000 for third time in March, lowest since Feb 7

Published 20 Mar 2022

SINGAPORE - Daily Covid-19 cases fell below 10,000 for the third time in March, with 7,859 new Covid-19 infections on Sunday (March 20), down from 10,244 on Saturday.

There were 23 patients in the intensive care unit and 139 needed oxygen supplementation.

There were four deaths reported on Sunday, up from three the day before.

Daily Covid-19 cases in S'pore continue on downward trend, 7,538 new infections

Published 21 Mar 2022

SINGAPORE - New daily Covid-19 cases in Singapore continued on a downward trend on Monday (March 21), with 7,538 new infections, down from 7,859 on Sunday.

There were 25 patients in the intensive care unit and 145 needed oxygen supplementation.

There were 10 deaths reported on Monday, up from four deaths the day before.

Daily new Covid-19 cases in Singapore at 13,166, down from 15,851 last Tuesday

Published 22 Mar 2022

SINGAPORE - Daily new Covid-19 infections reported in Singapore rose on Tuesday (March 22) to 13,166 cases, up from the 7,538 reported on Monday.

The number of patients hospitalised fell to 1,023 cases on Tuesday, from 1,062 on Monday.

There were 24 patients in the intensive care unit and 141 needed oxygen supplementation.

There were six deaths reported on Tuesday, down from 10 on Monday.

Daily new Covid-19 cases in Singapore at 8,940

Published 23 Mar 2022,

SINGAPORE - Daily new Covid-19 infections reported in Singapore fell on Wednesday (March 23) to 8,940 cases, down from the 13,166 reported on Tuesday.

The number of patients hospitalised fell to 951 cases on Wednesday, from 1,023 on Tuesday. The last time Covid-19 cases in hospitals here was lower than 1,000 was on Feb 4. 

There were 26 patients in the intensive care unit and 117 needed oxygen supplementation.

There were six deaths reported on Wednesday.

Compiled it for the record. (Was attending a conference and did not find time to search the data earlier).

Reading from the news overseas, we won't be out of the Covid pandemic.

In many countries in the West, after the opening or relaxing of most Covid regulations (safe distancing, mask wearing) Covid infections jumped drastically resulting in new death peaks in these countries.

Infection numbers might even peak in the coming two months due to relaxations.

It means that more people around you will catch Omicron, but for those healthy only 5 - 13 out of 100,000 may be at risk to die. While these numbers seem to be double than the rate for a flu, the main concerned are those with medical conditions and people above 60y.

If you are responsible, then assist your loved ones and elderly as much as you can doing the grocery shopping and any tasks that reduce them leaving their home for the next 3 months.

Omicron seems to hit on the elderly and those with serious underlying medical conditions. As we are a gay forum, note that HIV falls also under the category of medical condition.

This means, you need to be responsible for those who are in one of the "danger" groups.

Your responsibility is towards the vulnerable.

On 3/24/2022 at 11:50 AM, lonelyglobe said:

You can still wear mask outdoor, with a daily 10,000 cases,  i don t think is a good idea to remove them especially when our outdoor is so crowded with the 75% workforce back and full opening of our border.

Bye bye the 2 years of peace and tranquility in this tiny nation. 

Bye bye indeed. But at least, it was a good 2 years

On 3/24/2022 at 12:40 PM, Guest Guest said:

How to dun wear mask?

You step into mrt, its considered indoors; step into shopping malls, its considered indoors. Everywhere is indoors!

you don’t know what outdoors means is it? 

On 3/24/2022 at 12:54 PM, bigdanbeam said:

how was it a good two years exactly? Maybe if you have no friends, no life, no business and no health conditions? 

I mean, if you want to limit your social interaction or be cooped up at home and not see people, you can just keep doing that, everyone is free to choose. 

On 3/24/2022 at 12:43 PM, ChFitBbBtm said:

Agree. I do intend to keep my own mask on. More concerned with the lack of cover of those liberal coughers/sneezers. In these instances, two layers of protection beat one.

it’s outdoors! How close do you get to people outdoors?! 

Guest Guest
On 3/24/2022 at 12:54 PM, bigdanbeam said:

Mixed feelings actually. 
Though I do enjoy the peace and tranquility and how most places are less crowded these 2 years,

I also want to live my life normally again.

On 3/24/2022 at 12:57 PM, Guest Wtf said:

you stupid or what, can you think further? so you step out of house, just walk outdoors and then go back home?

wont take public transport, wont enter shopping malls, wont step into supermarket, wont enter food courts etc etc etc??

if you are going to keep removing your mask and then wearing it back again when you step indoors, then what's the point?

On 3/24/2022 at 12:43 PM, ChFitBbBtm said:

Agree. I do intend to keep my own mask on. More concerned with the lack of cover of those liberal coughers/sneezers. In these instances, two layers of protection beat one.

‘Two layers of protection beat one’, says Bbbtm… 

🤦‍♂️ 

On 3/24/2022 at 1:06 PM, Guest wtf2 said:

you stupid or what, can you think further? so you step out of house, just walk outdoors and then go back home?

wont take public transport, wont enter shopping malls, wont step into supermarket, wont enter food courts etc etc etc??

if you are going to keep removing your mask and then wearing it back again when you step indoors, then what's the point?

no one is forcing you to take if off! 

you can choose if there is a point or not, that’s the point. 

also, this has been common in many countries since last year - why is this such a head-scratcher for some people here? The rest of the world seem perfectly able to handle the logic… 

On 3/24/2022 at 1:42 PM, Guest Wtf said:

no one is forcing you to take if off! 

you can choose if there is a point or not, that’s the point. 

also, this has been common in many countries since last year - why is this such a head-scratcher for some people here? The rest of the world seem perfectly able to handle the logic… 

you looking for trouble here is it,

thats why i said its hard not to wear your mask.

what are you arguing about or what do you want to argue about??

On 3/24/2022 at 1:06 PM, Guest wtf2 said:

I think you are thinking of yourself going to Orchard Road for shopping or a meal. In that case, you will be mostly indoors, and better to just keep your mask on.

However, if you are just going about in an HDB estate, you could walk around (outdoors) and dine in open-air coffee shops, and hence could be mask-less throughout.

Слава Україні!

On 3/24/2022 at 2:02 PM, Guest wtf2 said:

you looking for trouble here is it,

thats why i said its hard not to wear your mask.

what are you arguing about or what do you want to argue about??

someone more patient than me just explained what the point is and how you can go about without your mask in a variety of settings. 

Sorry if it is all too confusing to you to understand that not ‘everywhere is indoors’, which was your original point. 

On 2/15/2022 at 5:57 PM, lonelyglobe said:

As SG re-open to the world by end Mar,  travel and hospitality sector will need a lot of staff too. This is the best time to send them for training so we can welcome 20 to 30 million visitor once the door open. Whatever lost during the last 2 years must earn back in a few months. 

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/transport/all-vaccinated-travellers-to-be-allowed-to-enter-spore-without-quarantine-no-more-need-for-designated-flights-vtls-replaced

Not bad for a freelance fortune teller, ha.... Now we know why the sudden removal of mask for outdoor. 

Guest Guest
On 3/24/2022 at 2:05 PM, sgmaven said:

I think you are thinking of yourself going to Orchard Road for shopping or a meal. In that case, you will be mostly indoors, and better to just keep your mask on.

However, if you are just going about in an HDB estate, you could walk around (outdoors) and dine in open-air coffee shops, and hence could be mask-less throughout.

Apparently coffee shop is considered as indoors, based on a list I saw from another forum, so best is just continue to put on mask everywhere you go.

On 3/24/2022 at 3:31 PM, Guest Guest said:

Apparently coffee shop is considered as indoors, based on a list I saw from another forum, so best is just continue to put on mask everywhere you go.

Definitely,  otherwise try the following which actually increase your chance to kena since u keep touching the mask:

No mask at home —>  Put on mask to use the lift —>  Take out mask after exiting the lift —> Put on mask to enter hawker centre and while buying food —> Take out mask when eating —> Put on mask to return tray —> Take out mask after leaving the hawker centre —> Put on mask when entering the lift —> Take out mask when you reach home.

probably just order food delivery,  ha.......

With masks outdoors, the point is to think for yourself about whether to take off or not. I was abroad last year where masks were only needed indoors - I would just keep mask on if I was going in and out of shops and stuff to avoid keep having to touch it, or I would take it off if I was just walking outside. 

Is good that we will also be able to now make that choice here. Of course some people will push luck or act blur but that’s just people. 

In your logic on my balcony at home I would need to wear a mask!

It is outdoors!

There will be areas that are difficult to know whether with mask or without.

Don't think you are always the smartest here at BW.

By the way it is not much of relaxation if you always need to bring masks along.

In your usual daily trips you always pass through areas where mask wearing is a requirement.

Second, it actually makes the whole thing more difficult.

Where do you keep your mask when you can take it off, but then need to put it on again?

Always take a new mask?

So change your mask 30 times a day???

Then it is easier to wear the mask as before...

(my 2 cents).

On 3/24/2022 at 3:08 PM, lonelyglobe said:

ha ha, were you referring to yourself as the freelance fortune teller... haha

On 3/24/2022 at 1:23 PM, Guest GUEST said:

MOST IMPORTANTLY, WHEN ARE GAY CLUBS GOING TO OPEN?

I WANT TO CHECK OUT HOT GUYS!

Not linked to mask wearing...

As far as I know those that survived are already open...

Edited by singalion

On 3/24/2022 at 5:23 PM, singalion said:

In your logic on my balcony at home I would need to wear a mask!

It is outdoors!

There will be areas that are difficult to know whether with mask or without.

Don't think you are always the smartest here at BW.

‘In your logic on my balcony at home I would need to wear a mask!

It is outdoors’

what logic are your referring to? because your sentence about mask on your balcony makes literally zero sense - even for you. 

Please also do illuminate on which areas would be difficult to know whether indoors or outdoors so an adult can help you work it out. 

On 3/24/2022 at 5:29 PM, singalion said:

Not linked to mask wearing...

As far as I know those that survived are already open...

you don’t seem to know much because clubs are most definitely not open.

If you don’t have any knowledge on a topic,  maybe don’t reply on it? 

On 3/24/2022 at 5:24 PM, singalion said:

By the way it is not much of relaxation if you always need to bring masks along.

In your usual daily trips you always pass through areas where mask wearing is a requirement.

Second, it actually makes the whole thing more difficult.

Where do you keep your mask when you can take it off, but then need to put it on again?

Always take a new mask?

So change your mask 30 times a day???

Then it is easier to wear the mask as before...

(my 2 cents).

why would you always need a new mask? Do you change your mask before and after every meal whenever you eat out? Why is this all made so complicated by you?

Most people are capable of taking off a mask, folding it, washing their hands and then putting the same mask on again another couple of times. Not sure why you can’t do the same? 

On 3/24/2022 at 6:32 PM, Guest Wtf said:

‘In your logic on my balcony at home I would need to wear a mask!

It is outdoors’

what logic are your referring to? because your sentence about mask on your balcony makes literally zero sense - even for you. 

Please also do illuminate on which areas would be difficult to know whether indoors or outdoors so an adult can help you work it out. 

Probably you just fail the intelligence to understand it.

Hint: May I ask whether a balcony is outdoors or indoors?

On 3/24/2022 at 6:40 PM, singalion said:

Probably you just fail the intelligence to understand it.

Hint: May I ask whether a balcony is outdoors or indoors?

this is some next level dumb trolling, even for you.

why not answer your on question and also ask yourself whether it has ever at all been a requirement to wear a mask on your balcony? Then realise why your example is worthless. 

On 3/24/2022 at 6:33 PM, Guest Wtf said:

Then pass by at Tantric, it is open at least for the past 13 months

Tantric Bar

Tantric • May Wong • Backstage • Peppermint Park
📍80A Neil Road
Open Everyday 5pm -1030pm

homeofthebluespin
November 27, 2020
The day you guys have been waiting for is finally here! TANTRIC BAR is open for operations starting TONIGHT!

That about "any knowledge" seems to apply more to you than me I guess...

Maybe if you don't have the knowledge then better don't post silly things.

On 3/24/2022 at 6:44 PM, Guest Wtf said:

why not answer your on question and also ask yourself whether it has ever at all been a requirement to wear a mask on your balcony? Then realise why your example is worthless. 

I was simply illustrating that your initial trolling post to that one other guy here was quite nonsensical.

On 3/24/2022 at 12:40 PM, Guest Guest said:

How to dun wear mask?

You step into mrt, its considered indoors; step into shopping malls, its considered indoors. Everywhere is indoors!

You should reduce your usual trait to ridicule so many posters here at BW, while you yourself don't come out as looking very knowledgeable.

Plenty of your posts can be seen as mere trolling.

When the Straits Times can't even give black and white answers what "outdoors" and "indoors" means for all situations and settings.

It is simply not always clear what is affected by "indoors" or "outdoors".

Come down from your high horse.

Not everything what you posted on BW looks like some "smart" reply...

On 3/24/2022 at 6:44 PM, Guest Wtf said:

How do you know whether any balcony is not connected to any neighbour or common space that would allow less than 1 metre distance?

It is not always as simple that you may understand it.

Also go to Esplanade or also Vivo City Mall, then you might figure out how worthless that differentiation of a balcony is.

On 3/24/2022 at 6:36 PM, Guest Wtf said:

why would you always need a new mask? Do you change your mask before and after every meal whenever you eat out? Why is this all made so complicated by you?

Most people are capable of taking off a mask, folding it, washing their hands and then putting the same mask on again another couple of times. Not sure why you can’t do the same? 

sure, in particular for those who place their mask during dining on top of the table at the hawker or restaurant or put it inside their bag... or best together with any spare mask inside the bag...

Did you ever read how long a mask protects and what factors reduce the safe protection from a mask?

So putting a mask more often up and down doesn't have any impact?

On 3/24/2022 at 7:02 PM, singalion said:

sure, in particular for those who place their mask during dining on top of the table at the hawker or restaurant or put it inside their bag... or best together with any spare mask inside the bag...

Did you ever read how long a mask protects and what factors reduce the safe protection from a mask?

So putting a mask more often up and down doesn't have any impact?

you don’t need to ask more questions just for the sake of posting - your question is already covered in the reply you quote. 

On 3/24/2022 at 6:44 PM, singalion said:

Then pass by at Tantric, it is open at least for the past 13 months

Tantric Bar

Tantric • May Wong • Backstage • Peppermint Park
📍80A Neil Road
Open Everyday 5pm -1030pm

homeofthebluespin
November 27, 2020

The day you guys have been waiting for is finally here! TANTRIC BAR is open for operations starting TONIGHT!

That about "any knowledge" seems to apply more to you than me I guess...

Maybe if you don't have the knowledge then better don't post silly things.

Is a bar open to 10:30 the same thing as a club? 

On 3/24/2022 at 6:58 PM, singalion said:

How do you know whether any balcony is not connected to any neighbour or common space that would allow less than 1 metre distance?

Also go to Esplanade or also Vivo City Mall, then you might figure out how worthless that differentiation of a balcony is.

here you come with some desperate shifting of goalposts because you realised what you originally wrote was complete nonsense. Your specific example, quote, was ‘balcony at home’. 

do you live at Esplanade or Vivo City Mall? 

On 3/24/2022 at 6:58 PM, singalion said:

Anyway, as mentioned, if you are confused on whether a specific location is outdoor or indoor, just ask here and I am sure people will help you work it out. 

and if in doubt, just keep your mask on, it’s quite simple. 

On 3/24/2022 at 12:42 PM, singalion said:

Reading from the news overseas, we won't be out of the Covid pandemic.

In many countries in the West, after the opening or relaxing of most Covid regulations (safe distancing, mask wearing) Covid infections jumped drastically resulting in new death peaks in these countries.

Infection numbers might even peak in the coming two months due to relaxations.

It means that more people around you will catch Omicron, but for those healthy only 5 - 13 out of 100,000 may be at risk to die. While these numbers seem to be double than the rate for a flu, the main concerned are those with medical conditions and people above 60y.

If you are responsible, then assist your loved ones and elderly as much as you can doing the grocery shopping and any tasks that reduce them leaving their home for the next 3 months.

Omicron seems to hit on the elderly and those with serious underlying medical conditions. As we are a gay forum, note that HIV falls also under the category of medical condition.

This means, you need to be responsible for those who are in one of the "danger" groups.

Your responsibility is towards the vulnerable.

🥱 

Thanks for this lengthy public service announcement that you posted for, well, for what exactly? Honestly, what is the point? 

Oh, and what’s  going to change after three months exactly - why should you abandon the vulnerable after that? 

On 3/24/2022 at 6:33 PM, Guest Wtf said:

On 3/24/2022 at 7:19 PM, Guest Wrf said:

Is a bar open to 10:30 the same thing as a club? 

May I ask the contrary

Is a club not open that indicates opening hours?

Since when has Tantric not been a club?

Attica at Clark quay is also operating for some time.

They just have a different concept and safe distancing requirements and close at 10.30pm.

Edited by singalion

On 3/24/2022 at 7:27 PM, Guest Wtf said:

Oh, and what’s  going to change after three months exactly - why should you abandon the vulnerable after that? 

I think the hope is that by then, most of the vulnerable would have had their second booster shot?

Слава Україні!

On 3/24/2022 at 7:27 PM, Guest Wtf said:

🥱

Thanks for this lengthy public service announcement that you posted for, well, for what exactly? Honestly, what is the point? 

Look I have no mood to respond to your quarrelsome posts.

On 3/24/2022 at 7:24 PM, Guest Wtf said:

Anyway, as mentioned, if you are confused on whether a specific location is outdoor or indoor, just ask here and I am sure people will help you work it out. 

and if in doubt, just keep your mask on, it’s quite simple. 

At least I share some considerations for the vulnerable.

They wouldn't die from a flu but they die from Omicron.

Maybe this is just too much for you to understand.

But much more people with underlying medical conditions die from Covid compared to a flu.

That was the point.

Edited by singalion

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.